Are we dangerously close to entering an age of gaming where literally everything has microtransactions?

Are we dangerously close to entering an age of gaming where literally everything has microtransactions?

Yep. Get used to it.

I hope so. I'm older now and have a job. I have more money than time, so being able to buy things that speed up the game for me is a big help. It's one of the reasons I play World of Tanks. I just bought the best tank available instead of spending weeks grinding.

You're several years late, dingus.

Nice blog. Does not answer the question.

And you find that doesn't hinder the game by eliminating the challenge of unlocking stuff the normal way? I would think that would get boring if you already have the best shit but to each their own I guess.

Yeah, it sucks, but what can you do? Nobody cares.

Stop playing shit games you dumb nigger

I said literally everything. Some single player games haven't jumped ship yet but WB is hoping to start that trend.

Hoping right in with an OP tank and wrecking fools is pretty fun.

It's mostly shit games that have MTX that affects gameplay

No, we crossed that line a while ago.

i don't think many games with especially high skill floors and ceilings will have pay to win microtransactions

Yes. This is how the sports games will die in our generation. Kek. R.I.P EA.

I suppose at first but I imagine that could get old. Again though, that's just me.

Winning never gets old

Pay to skip game you paid for GENIOUS
Those games are made tedious and grindy just to put microtransactions.

Microtransactions are the Ancient Evil of video games.

Pay to skip the bullshit filler and get to the end game. It's just like paying for a first class ticket instead of economy.

Pretty much. When even peripherals have microtransactions for some odd fucking reason (Razer), you know things are fucked. Fact is that devs/pubs push the graphics meme so much that that's all everyone ever expects anymore from newer games. As a result, they pressure themselves into needing to invest even more money on creating a game that has the absolute best graphics ever and sucks the most resources from your platform too in order to be 'the best in the industry'. It's a damned shame but I still have hope that there are some devs out there who can strike a balance between all of a game's elements while also giving the customers a great value-for-money and complete product on initial purchase.

Yes, but I'm surprised people haven't realized how shit the system for 2K is earlier. Progression on my career has always been an awful slog, years ago i gave up on doing it legit and started using poke to get my overall rating to at least 70 my rookie year to make it reasonable.

Is passing to a teammate driving to the paint still a complete broken mess? Now that the NBA is completely all about the outside shots and the smallball meme, I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't bothered to fix it.

And why is this filler there in the first place? This russles my jimmies i hate padding games with "content". Where content is "Do the same stuff 1000 times" if you want to grind you play korean MMOs and this shit is preading like plague and people are defending it

Well, it won't really work in singleplayer at least, it will just make the game more pirated with microtransactions unlocked

yeah, i hate the meme that a storyline has to take 80 hours to complete to "get your money's worth."

Play against AI on rts game for 40 weeks and repeat that line.

2k does this shit because they have ZERO competition.

Well I mean, there is NBA Live but that's like saying the WNBA is competition to the NBA.

I honestly hope NBA Live gets it's shit together one day. We need to make 2k sweat for a while. It will only make their games better.

That's the worst analogy ever. Both tickets take the same amount of time, and you are supposed to enjoy gameplay anyway.

Fine. I pay someone to take care of my yard so I can use that time for something more enjoyable.