Shin Megami Tensei HD news for PS4/Switch coming October 23

gematsu.com/2017/09/shin-megami-tensei-hd-project-news-coming-october-23

Other urls found in this thread:

personacentral.com/rumor-atlus-job-listing-sequel-to-4-ps4/
pcgamer.com/yakuza-and-persona-are-on-that-list-of-games-sega-want-to-bring-to-pc/
eng.faq.panasonic.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13331/~/what-is-the-difference-between-full-hd,-hd-ready-1080p-and-hd-ready?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/720p
nichegamer.com/2017/04/11/sega-has-plans-to-explore-pc-port-options-following-bayonetta/
tssznews.com/2015/10/06/sega-sonic-lost-world-pc-latest-in-string-of-high-quality-pc-ports-of-past-sega-titles/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>literally just rammed the word PS4 in there just for consolewar bait

>for PS4/Switch
Did I miss something? When was this announced?

user, I take it you missed the job listings that confirmed it's a multiplat?

personacentral.com/rumor-atlus-job-listing-sequel-to-4-ps4/

So it hasn't been confirmed and is just a rumor. Seems kinda premature to post it in the title like it's fact, but then again, I expect nothing else of faggot OP.

>rumor
Read the article, it's rumour in that it's speculated it's SMT HD but literally NOTHING else fits the bill.
There is no other Atlus franchise with 4 mainline entries that has big new sequel in development.
Persona 5 and EO5 already existed and EO5 wouldn't work on PS4 anyway.

Still doesn't make it fact. Until it has been officially announced, it's still a rumor. It just makes it a highly likely rumor.

>tells someone to read the article
>doesn't read the article
"However, as sokuho@hokanko writes, it is possible that this is a mistake or outdated text from a third-party responsible for the description of this job application, and that the “sequel” referred to would have been Persona 5 for the PS4, following Persona 4."

user, I take it you missed that those job listings were from an external company and just using old information in reference to persona 5?

>However, as sokuho@hokanko writes, it is possible that this is a mistake or outdated text from a third-party responsible for the description of this job application, and that the “sequel” referred to would have been Persona 5 for the PS4, following Persona 4.

Literally talking about P5.

Do explain then why exactly was the website for the two new projects EXPLICITLY saying "New 3DS Title" and "New HD Title" instead of "New Swich Title"?

>October 23rd
>A new teaser comes up
>More news in 2018
What's even the point of TGS if you aren't showing anything there?

>It's not on PS4
>It's literally just a rumor

Fact it, it being on the PS4 is as likely as Persona on the Switch

Almost certainly referring to P5, just look at the language

>Biggest hit
Persona
>Numbered releases up to 4
Persona
>Mentions empathy and originality
Persona
>Mentions PS4 but not Switch
Persona.

Total reaching.

The site was likely made before the Switch was revealed, and just never changed? I mean the most obvious solution to this problem is it's a Switch exclusive, especially considering it was revealed at the Switch presentation.

You literally relying on ONE word.
SMT is typically on handhelds so the port to a console is considered the "HD move", it's how the Japs have chosen to word it.

You're grasping at some serious straws.

game conventions/shows/expos are outdated concepts, companies can get more people to see their stuff with pre-recorded announcements online and they get total control over everything

We'll see, I'm just saying it's possible it will be multiplat simply due to SEGA wanting more money and more platforms = more money.

Switch is too big to fit in the graphic 2bh

I know right?

>Announce the announcement of more info
This gen was a mistake

>SMT is typically on handhelds
Literally every single mainline SMT title before 4 was on home consoles
SMT1, 2 and If... on SNES, SegaCD and PS1.
SMT3 on PS2.

Could be coming out for XBone for all you know. Anyway you look at it it's just a rumor.

I guess? But it's a series thats never had a multiplat release.

IIRC it was made like a day or 2 after the Switch reveal

You know that's wrong or otherwise Persona would be on PC.

SEGA has ties to these companies which runs thicker than just money sake.

>PS4

What??? I'm not a Switchfag either. What???

We're all gonna live in shin megami tensei today

>ps4

>Switch
>HD
Kek

OK user so why hasn't every other system got Persona 5?

It did well on PS4 why wouldn't it be even better for Sega or Atlus to stick them on all the other platforms?

Then why isn't p5 multiplat? Or EO?

What are some multiplatform Atlus games?

I can't recall many.

>TGS announcement was fucking nothing
At least it wasn't 4 hours of dancing games

>People are still demanding it for PS4

720p and 1080p are considered hd yes

>PS4
Just like NMH Travis Strikes Again right?

Well there's just Catherine mostly.

>or otherwise Persona would be on PC.
Funny you should mention that.
pcgamer.com/yakuza-and-persona-are-on-that-list-of-games-sega-want-to-bring-to-pc/

It's not a question of if really, but when.
Only SEGA Europe is capable of porting games to PC since they are the only SEGA internal team that works with the platform, that's why it takes them so long between ports (Binary Domain to VC, VC to Vanquish, Vanquish to Bayonetta).

720p is not HD m8.

1080p is full HD

Wait has the info already dropped or are people just baiting?

sure

Nah we know in October is when they will announce the ps4 version

I don't think porting a game long after its release is really akin to multiplat release

Glad you agree m8.

Fuck you atlus
I cant wait another fucking month

720p isn't HD user, it's HD Ready.
1080p is HD, more fully known as Full HD.
4K is known as Ultra HD.

Honestly I'm surprised they haven't made Persona 5 Switch port yet. I do think it will happen, alongside inevitable re-release with new content called Crimson or someshit.

>Welcome to Atlus at TGS
>SMT5 info:
>More info in one month
>thank you for your time

Source?

It's possible, but highly unlikely. Nintendo most likely has a contract with Atlus about this kind of stuff.

All their SMT and Devil Summoner games before Nocturne. Also Catherine (PS3/X360) and Maken (Dreamcast/PS2).

P5 is multiplat
PS3 and PS4

>devil summoner getting a PSP and 3DS port a decade later is multiplat

eng.faq.panasonic.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13331/~/what-is-the-difference-between-full-hd,-hd-ready-1080p-and-hd-ready?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/720p
It's basically precursor to real HD, interim period transition from SD to HD.
Not to mention PC monitors had 720p and above already in the 90s.

So SMTV will be switch and Wii U then?

Just like Breath of the Wild

BoTW is on Wii U, Switch, PS4

>Just one month until nintenkeks are btfo

>All their SMT and Devil Summoner games before Nocturne
A port is not a multiplat. Multiplat release is launch window release parity. Getting a port years later is not akin to multiplat release.

>WHAT IS SEGA SATURN
You're a retard.

So is this the worst TGS of the past decade or so? What the fuck was announced? Left Alive by SE and that's really about it, everything else is gameplay of shit we already know exists like Yakuza Kiwami 2, and Capcom spent like 8 fucking hours showing off fucking Monster Hunter

A system that got SH first before it was ported to PS1 18 months later? A system that got a few SMT ports?

Notice it's not called "SMT Full HD"

Whether you like it or not 720 is considered an HDTV resolution. It says so in the very wikipedia article you posted

Yeah, they were sega saturn exclusives

Hokuto no Ken game got its first actual gameplay presentation, same with Kiwami 2, we only had cinematic trailers for them before TGS.

>mental gymnastics this fucking hard just so your Ninten-toddler """logic""" stays relevant.
Can't wait for you to get BTFO next month, screencap this post.

YES

What? You have yet to point to any multiplat SMT titles. If it happens, whatever, but you are factually incorrect by claiming Atlus multiplat releases are the norm.

IT
WAS
SUPPOSED
TO
BE

EEEEEEEXCLUUUUUSIIIVEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

>handhelds again
FUCK YOU FATLUS

Nest year they will rename the avent Tokyo phone game show

>It's not a question of if really, but when.
Fuck off

Digital Devil Saga HD WHEN?

>Straight from SEGA's mouth that they want to bring them to PC
>not a question of when
Pfffffffffffffhahhahhaha

TGs has been bad for the past decade or so

It'll be entertaining to see how the sonybros react if this is a Switch exclusive.

Are there any other games in the SMT series that have a similar atmosphere to the first game? I know all of them have similar premises, but SMT1 had something about it that was a lot more appealing to me than the other games are. I'd love a HD remake of that.

Tons of developers say things like that all the time and don't deliver. Don't get your hopes up.

You talking about the apocalyptic cyber thing? SH.

>similar atmosphere to the first game?
the second game

>Tons of developers say things like that all the time and don't deliver. Don't get your hopes up.

>SEGA says they want VC on PC
>they bring it to PC

>SEGA says they want Vanquish on PC
>they bring it to PC

>SEGA says they want Bayonetta on PC
>they bring it to PC

See the pattern yet?

Also, noting really beats SMT1's atmosphere, and contrary to what says, SH is nothing like it. SH is just cyberpunk with demons, inspired by GITS like literally every single other Japanese videogame of that time period.

>building abandoned but not completely destroyed
SMT 1 remake confirmed?

Is this a 3D remake of the original SMT?

right after SMT Nocturne HD

>the second game
Nah, SMT2 has no post apocalyptic shit other than ruins of Tokyo beneath Millennium and that is nothing like SMT1.

>>SEGA says they want VC on PC
>>they bring it to PC
>>SEGA says they want Vanquish on PC
>>they bring it to PC
>>SEGA says they want Bayonetta on PC
>>they bring it to PC
Did they actually say all of those things in the same way they addressed Persona and Yakuza? I'm not doubting you, just curious.

out of all games atlus could've modernized they decided to remake the one that already has good presentation and aesthetics. sucks

To be honest even if it isnt exclusive th graphics will most likely be the same across the platforms, see how Persona 5 for the Ps4 is a straight port of the Ps3 version. Atlus doesnt really care about fancy graphics, and PC

nichegamer.com/2017/04/11/sega-has-plans-to-explore-pc-port-options-following-bayonetta/

i hope sega forces atlus to give more love SMT deserves and tells them to port it on PC

tssznews.com/2015/10/06/sega-sonic-lost-world-pc-latest-in-string-of-high-quality-pc-ports-of-past-sega-titles/

nnnNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT TO PC TOO

>Switch exclusive confirmed
>S-SMT was never good anyway

>PS4

This is a real game,not a fucking Persona.

>playstation
uh?

New SMT is the only thing that will make me buy a switch, and I hope to god it isn't exclusive to it because I really don't want to buy it.

It's bait, the article doesn't mention a thing about it

I mean, Vanquish and Bayonetta were always mutliplatform. Persona and Yakuza are Sony exclusives, and Sony exclusives (Japanese ones at least) stay that way. I guess there's Persona Q and other things, but who knows. Maybe Sega will port more games over if Sony get rid of their death grip on certain properties. Porting the Yakuza games in particular would be really costly, at least I think it would be, since they use so many famous Japanese actors as models in the games and they'd have to pay a ton of royalities.

Sony doesn't own Yakuza or Persona, are you retarded or shitposting?

>New
it's a remake

Don't hold your breath.