Aliens

Is there a single franchise with better alien races than Mass Effect? You literally cannot make a better designed race than the Turians.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mb-gUVIqChk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>asari exist
This pretty much invalidates everything else.

ME is still a step up from Star Trek though in alien design outside of those blue ''''''''''aliens''''''''''.

There is nothing wrong with Asari
>inb4 muh realism

Star Wars

The star control universe. It has a few lazy tropes but most of the alien species feel really alien .

>you will never grab her big blue mind noodles while you do her from behind

>Star Wars

I think I agree honestly. I love the lore behind Turians, Asari, Krogans, and Quarians. I even like the Hanar quite a bit. Not big on Salarians, but w/e.

Problem, faggit?

Is it true that if you rub a Twi'lek's lekku she from it?

How to spot the kind of aspie who romanced Liara 101

Asari are literally patrician tier user

take the turtle away from the design and we've got a deal

>You literally cannot make a better designed race than the Turians
STEP aside, Turians are smalltime

I don't know about others here, but I can't take seriously anything that looks like whoever created it did so with his dick in his hand.

>tfw we will never get a non-Bioware Mass Effect game

Star Wars
Warhammer 40,000
Practically any sci-fi series/franchise that isn't Star Trek for that matter.

What's wrong with the turtle shell, fammo?

>better alien races
Humans every time OP,never will I taint my bloodline with shitty aliens or their sympathizers.

40K is shit

They were created as a nod to old sci-fi aliens who were just humans painted blue and shit. That was why the Asari were created.

>shits on asari for being waifubait blue space babes
>posts red space babe

But I didn't say anything about asari

Who would win in a fight between the Alliance and the Covenant?

Agreed but it still does aliens better than Mass Effect.

Twi'leks were the original space babes.

This. Asari are the mary sue race, equivalent of elves in most fantasy franchises. "oh, look at us we're so fucking perfect and special and without any flaws". What a load of horseshit.

Shut your whore mouth heretic

>brand new galaxy
>only 2 new alien species
>both of them speak english instantly

The developers deserved to lose their jobs.

youtube.com/watch?v=mb-gUVIqChk

>speak english
>implying that the translator programs in your helmet aren't doing their jobs

Humans were the Mary Sue's of Mass Effect.

Elites.

The covenant. The Alliance has a tech advantage but next to no ships comparable to the Covies, plus humanity in ME is very small compared to in Halo.

Take a look at the pre lore rape numbers of UNSC forces. They lost hundreds of worlds/moons/asteroid colonies thousand of ships and millions of soldiers. One on one an Alliance platoon would probably shit all over a grunt company with elite leaders. The problem would be theres ten companies coming down on them.

Also I forgot ME shields are kinetics only. Plasmas gonna go right through them like a hot knife through butter. Still ME weaponry is going to murder fuck the covies in ground engagements. Space is a loss though, no doubt. Alliance ships are too small too weakly armored and armed to stand up to anything but the lightest covenant ship.

so my mental retardation aside. its okay for the translator to instantly translate any alien language that hasnt had thorough contact with?

>Take a look at the pre lore rape numbers of UNSC forces. They lost hundreds of worlds/moons/asteroid colonies thousand of ships and millions of soldiers.
Most of the UNSC outer rim colonies were just a few scattered farming homesteads. Yeah they lost hundreds of worlds but there was practically nothing on those worlds, a few ten thousand people at most. Hell, the Covenant didn't even bother fully glassing the majority of the human planets that they cleansed. They just nuked the few scattered human outposts from orbit and left the rest of the surface unscathed.

Also, the Alliance has no tech advantage in any form over the Covenant. Covenant shielding and vehicles would laugh at Alliance small arms fire, a squad of elites and jackals/hunters/brutes would rip and tear through Alliance forces like paper.

Even the UNSC would win against the Alliance

humans got there later than the other species, so that's why everyone already has shit set up
don't know if they're clever enough to put that as the explanation as to why you can understand the new aliens though, never played it
how about the Alliance vs the BETA
might as well as throw the other Council races in too

dude it's a super special computerz with the magic of handwaving capable of translating whole language bases within hours

just like how it can operate hundreds of years old alien machinery the moment it comes into contact, when there's a whole alien race with better/comparable technology trying to research the thing for ages and still unable to do so

Halo has better aliens.

Which version of the UNSC? Pre or post retcon where the UNSC went from pre-war with the Covenant and having hundreds if not thousands of colonies nad worlds to a few hundred tops?

thiccfriend get out, this is a canon-only zone

Retcon made no difference, even before the retcon 99% of human worlds weren't like Reach, which was basically Earth 2.0. You're severely overestimating the power and population of the outer colonies.

It was explained in the coded since ME1 that everyone's omnitool acts as a translator for all the races. When you first meet the Angara in Andromeda they are indeed speaking an alien language and you can't understand them.......but a minute later they are speaking English. Wish they had taken a bit longer before the translators kicked in. They simply worked way too fast imo.

Maybe there is still hope for this place. The amount of shit taste in this thread is astounding.

Well absolutely I agree on the colony point. Still there were multiple "murphing" great battles and invasions on planets with casualties military wise in the millions.

I disagree with you on the Alliance having no tech advantage. On the front of things. The UNSC had been kicking ass fairly well in its ground game, or at least holding its own with chemically propelled firearms, sporting the timeless 7.62 really fucking Nato round.

Youre saying the Alliance, from ME thats flinging around grains of sand being shot out of a gun at ludicrous speeds is not going to overwhelm an elites shields? Im saying that in terms of small arms the alliance could do well in the opening of ground engagements until attrition takes its toll. The math alone for pure kinetic force supports my argument. A Lancer I is putting out a hell of a lot more force then some piddly 7.62

Any chance the humans had of being Mary Sue's was ruined when bitch boy Udina and the fuck boy carnival known as Cerberus entered the playing field.

This is true, the majority of the rim and outer colonies were basically 1-3 "cities" and small farms. The inner colonies however were heavily populated. Said inner colonies took a fucking bashing pre and post Reach.

Asari are basically a parasite.

Parasite implies that they harm their partner

>forgetting Morinth and Samara

Cerberus made the humans even more of a mary sue race
>mad scientist organization in ME1 becomes the ultimate guerilla faction that cripples the entire alliance in ME2 and ME3
>and they're just a "small" splinter faction of humanity's total power

Also not helping is that the one Asari that joins your crew is a bland, "OMG IM SO SHY AND ASOCIAL" shitnerd. And you're expected to romance this cunt.

Ashley was better.

>UNSC-Covenant War
>February 11, 2525 and December 11, 2552
>UNSC casualties-Approximately 23 billion civilian and military casualties. At least 76 planets glassed
>SDV-class heavy corvette
>Length 956 meters (3,140 ft)[1]
>Width 399 meters (1,310 ft)[1]
>Height/depth 115 metres (380 ft) (estimated)
>Alliance Dreadnought
>length 1 kilometer
>width unknown
>Height/depth unknown
There would be no way in hell the Alliance would be anything more then a speed bump. I say this as someone who really likes ME.

>what are statistical outliers

I like the Salarians just for the fact that they're an intelligent race that have only 40 year life span.

It seems like 95% of alien species in Sci Fi live considerably longer than humans.

It's not fair...

Why does this reptile have breasts?

You misspelled Tali.

Do the Geth count as an alien race?

Stargate Atlantis.

>Captain Shepherd
>Ford = Garrus
>Ronon = Wrex
>McKay = Mordin
>Teyla = Talia
>Weir = Anderson
>Wraith = Reapers
>Stargate = Relays
>Atlantis = Citadel

It's on Hulu, I highly recommend it.

I assume they took inspiration from Mass Effect, even if they came out around the same time, because of the Wraith.

>Agreed but it still does aliens better than Mass Effect.
It's literally just humans, orcs, elves and demons like any fantasy game.

Yeah, considering Alien means other. In fact they count the most since being a networked AI they're entire mind and thinking structure would be incredibly alien.

>"wow wtf Bioware stop pandering to faggots" everywhere on Sup Forums
>Play the games to see what all the fuzz is about
>All the faggot romance options are ham-fisted trash
>All these hot birb men everywhere just to remind you that you will never get any of that

They are removed from their creators and alien to us, so yes, they are. My question is we're the bugs things in 2 protheans?

>In fact they count the most since being a networked AI they're entire mind and thinking structure would be incredibly alien.
At least until ME3 when their big motivation became decoupling their networked minds and becoming robot pinnochios

Your translator learns kett over time, not instantly. It's one of the fun parts of the game.

And Necrons are what? Or the Hruuk? Mass Effect species in a nutshell"

- Humans
- Blue Humans with tentacle hair
- Bipideal humanoids with stocky builds and lizard aesthetics
- Skinny aliens humanoids with big eyes and slender bodies
- Human ayys with gasmasks
- Human ayys with multiple eyes

Yeah ME is the pinnacle of alien designs. Only things that stand out are the slow slowth dudes and the clearly not-dwarfs in gas-masks. Guess what the Vorcha are?

>not demon alien humanoids

No room to talk dude.

Is there a single alien race that could beat the Forerunners? Flood not counted.

I thought faggots loved ham-fisting.

Why does the reptile have a giant braptastic ass?

They are always bipedal. We can never get some cool multilegged alien with really neat locomotion animation.

>hurr make everything BIGGER

The worst scifi trope.

>becoming full isolationist during the Reaper War
>get BTFO'd for it
>only join the Alliance when on it's last legs

Star Trek was lazy as fuck. All they did was alter facial structure. Very rarely did anything look "alien"

The space kang humans from the horrible new canon.

Well the Flood didn't really beat them anyway. It was an AI that had devolved into rampancy that sabotaged most of the Forerunner's defenses, allowing the Flood to begin to take over.

The Flood
Necromorphs

WH40K species in a nutshell

-Humans
-Green, buff humans with fungus powers
-Blue humans, without noses
-Elves
-Elves (edgy)
-Terminator robots with WE WUZ PHARAOHS N SHIET fashion sense
-Demons (red and angry)
-Demons (purple and rapey)
-Xenomorphs

Oh wow so great much creativity wow

This, bug aliens plox

It implies that they live at the expense of their partner.

Meaning the relationship is not mutualistic (both profit) or commensalistic (one profits, the other is not impaired)

The Eldar at their height most likely
The Necrons if they were awake
The Zerg maybe?

necrons were terminators, now they're tomb kings

>hurr durr shield worlds and assorted dyson sphere-esque objects should be small

Muh waifu

If the Forerunners were able to build something that big, they would be able to turn stars and black holes into useable energy. They would have stopped the flood and not died like faggots.

>stop flood
>continue evolving
>create technology like the Traveler
>die like faggots to the darkness
>tada Destiny 1

>forgetting about the Skitarri
>forgetting about the Warp
>forgetting about all the different factions within each race

So what you are admitting is 40k still has more variety in designs then ME? Neat.

hi

they do have some weird-ass looking non-bipedal aliens. just walk around the citadel.
they aren't that relevant though, true.

Also, The Asari are the waifus of the universe

Ancient Human Empire that was BTFOing the Flood until the Forerunners went full retard.

The Half-Life games have some pretty good alien designs, but they're all unintelligent monsters.

>tracking a mark in stealth
>awkwardly stick yourself and your gun out

Reminds me a lot of the Dark Ones from Metro.

They did all of those things, but the Flood stole units of that same weaponry and used it against them. They died because they tried to treat the Flood like a disease and not a hostile invading force until it was too late to stop them.

They shouldn't be that much bigger than the sun, look at it, it's ridiculous. If you were standing on the surface of the sphere the star you're supposed to be harvesting for power would be a tiny speck.