What was Nintendo thinking when they made this mediocre Mario game?

What was Nintendo thinking when they made this mediocre Mario game?

It was good though, I had fun with it

You meant the best 3d mario game?

it was great, some of the best level design in a 3d mario game. I prefer it over empty boxes a là SM64.

>I wanted something different so it's bad
Fuck yourself my guy

The game isnt bad

The problem is that the level design was built for the 3DS, it shouldnt have been put on a console

It was a good game, just not a good 3D Mario game.

>everyone waits for the next 3D Mario game
>something like galaxy that shakes the video game world
>get Mario 3D World
I ask again. What was Nintendo thinking? Didn't they care about the Wii U at all?

>What was Nintendo thinking when they made this mediocre Mario game?
That's what I asked when I played Galaxy.

It's better than every NSMB tbqhwy

Contrarian faggot

But it's good

It was a good game, That Super Mario Kart level was cool as fuck.

>something like galaxy that shakes the video game world
>Galaxy
>Shaking the gaming world
Mario Bros NES and 64 are the only two games that can claim this. Sounds more like it's your first Mario game.

Mario Galaxy is literally nothing special. It's as linear as 3D World, MUCH slower, has wagglan, and the gravity "mechanic" is a surface level aesthetic in reality.

Stop trying to get people to hate 3D World with you, weirdo.

Just accept it's a great game and you're wrong.

>lets combine 3d land and nsmb
that

>this bait
Saying that Galaxy didn't have impact is not even worth being called bait to be honest.
I 100% the game and it's the weakest 3D Mario by far.

Completely agree

>Saying that Galaxy didn't have impact
I'm not him but what exactly did it impact?

I went in blind, hadnt played a mario platformer since new super mario bros (which I didn't really like)

I really enjoyed this game and the cat bell was fun.

I think Nintendo as a whole was being incredibly retarded during the Wii U generation. You have this console that really, REALLY needed a hit, and nearly all of their first-party offerings were comparable to something that was on 3DS. Mario 3D World is great and I had fun with it when I played it at a friend's house, but Nintendo more than any other company needed to make a fucking fantastic game and not just the Mario equivalent of Four Swords Adventures if they expected me to plop down a few hundred on the console + games. That, and the whole "let's make everything NSMB" movement they had going on, making all their games look as bland as possible.

Thankfully Nintendo got their heads out of their asses this year and put a new open-world Zelda on their latest system right out of the gate. Now we don't have to wait years for a justification to own bad hardware like last time.

>Saying that Galaxy didn't have impact is not even worth being called bait to be honest.
Nobody's used the gravity thing since and everything else from the game was either already established in 64 or was wagglan garbage the entire industry was super happy to leave behind.

People are NOT going back to Mario Galaxy when they design a video game like they are with Super Mario Bros and Super Mario 64. You are a delusional Wii child.

Maybe at the time but looking back anything that has to do with wiimote gimmicks was a hindrance

It's not mediocre. I am the smartest person in the world.

It had greater impact than Breath of the Wild.

You didn't answer my question.

Zelda is a port though

Yes I did.

I can understand making something like Paper Mario adopt the NSMB style is retarded but I never had a problem with 3D World pretty much being 3D NSMB

'What did it impact'?

That was the question and you didn't give me an answer. This has nothing to do with Zelda.

Surprisingly bland, I'm not so sure I even want to finish this game

Ah now I get where this retarded question originates. You're forcing your definition of the word impact onto mine and are making this a question about semantics.

It's a great game that was released at the wrong time.

Is this game worth playing single player?
I have literally zero friends.

They were thinking gamers had friends to play with. But we showed them, didn't we?

Yes.

>You're forcing your definition of the word impact onto mine
So what is your definiton?

I'd only recommend playing this game with friends if you want to lose them

That crown caused some very tense moments on the couch.

>willingly diving into an argument of semantics
I have nothing to say to the likes of you. Don't you have a console war thread you need to be in right now?

>the whole "let's make everything NSMB" movement they had going on, making all their games look as bland as possible.

This is what really annoyed me. The Mario games no longer had their own aesthetic, it was all cookie cutter NSMB Mushroom Kingdom.
Even Galaxy 2 got rid of the space theme in favour of NSMB bright colours. 3D Land, 3D World, Super Mario Run, and the NSMB sequels all just blend together because they don't have their own theme or atmosphere.

Galaxy 2

This is nothing to do with semantics.

You said Galaxy had an 'impact' and I asked how. It's a pretty simple question. What isn't there to understand? Unless you just don't want to say in which case fine.

3D Workd wasn't the problem. If Mario Odyssey had come out in 2013 for the Wii U instead, It would have done jack shit for the system's sales.

oh great looks like the 3D World hate threads are back, wouldn't surprise me if it's mainly one turbo autists that kept making these threads.

Does it even matter? I don't see the point of discussion when we are not on the same page even on the most fundamental level. My days of two sides arguing opposite extremist opinions are over.

>Does it even matter?
No, it's up to you whether you want to elaborate or not.

I can appreciate different tastes but it was the 'impact' I specifically wanted to know about. As the other user said, Super Mario Bros and Mario 64 probably had the biggest impacts since they created genres.

way to fucking embarrass yourself m8, some user asks the simple question of "what did it impact" and you dodge it time and time again and even attempt to shitpost about something else for some quick (You)s that backfired. Holy fuck this is embarrassing to read.
>INB4 more strawmanning

In that sense Pong had an impact too but it's nothing special. In the earliest of days you could rub two sticks together and shake the entire world by creating fire. When video games were still primitive you could achieve a lot of this kind of impact.
Just stay out of it with your generic Sup Forums response. The other user showed human decency and stayed polite, something you could learn from.

who the fuck cares if he's acting polite, it's clear by his posts that he has no clue what he's talking about. It's extremely likely he's made the thread, too.

You didn't even argue with him.
You just went
>WELL I'M RIGHT AND YOU'RE WRONG SO I DON'T NEED TO

that's not even the first mediocre Mario game, that would be Sunshine