You ever waste $59.99 on a game you ended up hating? Name that game senpai

John Hill
John Hill

You ever waste $59.99 on a game you ended up hating? Name that game senpai.

All urls found in this thread:
https://fineleatherjackets.net/monkeyinflation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0ha6Mb5_YQ
Brayden Cox
Brayden Cox

Wolfenstein TNO

Ayden Brooks
Ayden Brooks

Literally too many to count after 2007

Owen White
Owen White

Metal Gear Solid V

Parker King
Parker King

Not 59,99$, but I bought Zero Time Dilemma full price at that shit was terrible. Worst buyer remorse in my life.

Isaac Long
Isaac Long

Brink...

Gavin Phillips
Gavin Phillips

Nope, but I spent $10 on Other M and still hated it.

Grayson Sanchez
Grayson Sanchez

breath of the wild

Jacob Cooper
Jacob Cooper

I don't really buy video games anymore

James Bennett
James Bennett

Deus Ex Human Revolution. I learned Just because everyone loved it doesn't mean I will too.

Jonathan Thompson
Jonathan Thompson

Fallout 4 .

Leo Johnson
Leo Johnson

I bought Brink on launch

Henry Martin
Henry Martin

Arms
MGSV
SFV

Tyler Hernandez
Tyler Hernandez

Epic Mickey. Not really sure why I even bought it in the first place.

Kevin Ortiz
Kevin Ortiz

This so fucking much. Open world is the death of video games.

Farcry in the Desert: guest starring Not Snake!

Parker Perez
Parker Perez

not Elder Scrolls Online

Easton Campbell
Easton Campbell

Overwatch

Joseph Murphy
Joseph Murphy

Then why post, you cock-yanking retard?

Josiah Cruz
Josiah Cruz

doesn't mean he doesn't play the games he has or doesn't pirate them

Jackson Moore
Jackson Moore

BioShock Infinite. Was the first game I preordered. Never did that again.

Tyler Roberts
Tyler Roberts

I don't purchase $60 games anymore. They're all shit anyways, the only one that looked good was RE7.

Blake Morris
Blake Morris

Just follow this advice and you'll be better off.

James Green
James Green

Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Elijah Hill
Elijah Hill

Im still mad

Lucas Jackson
Lucas Jackson

No but lately I've been buying games I don't even end up fucking playing.

Jordan Hall
Jordan Hall

The Witcher 3
Just Cause 3
Literally pure garbage.

Colton Williams
Colton Williams

Age of Conan
I think I win

Gavin Ross
Gavin Ross

Homefront. Fucking hated that game

Nolan James
Nolan James

I can't remember how much it was but
Guild Wars 2 on launch. It still sickens me.

Thomas Morgan
Thomas Morgan

Razors Edge is good. NG2 is better, but RE is good. Never played original 3, so I can only comment on RE.

Leo Perry
Leo Perry

Dark Souls 2

Matthew Lewis
Matthew Lewis

CoD Black Ops

Michael Powell
Michael Powell

https://fineleatherjackets.net/monkeyinflation

Cooper Baker
Cooper Baker

Dawn of war 3.

Aaron Lee
Aaron Lee

I probably hate everything I play, I'm too irritable.

Oliver Cook
Oliver Cook

Pokken wii u

Jack Evans
Jack Evans

For Honor

Andrew Stewart
Andrew Stewart

No man's lie
Go ahead. Point and laugh at me. I deserve it.

Aiden Long
Aiden Long

This and Bioshock made me much more selective with my purchases.

Brandon Bailey
Brandon Bailey

Skyrim years ago after I bought into the hype against my better judgement. At least my little brothers enjoy it.

Levi Martinez
Levi Martinez

I rarely buy games on release, and certainly not for full price.
Got Zelda this year on release for £40 (and got £5 Amazon voucher after it was delayed) and that was more than worth it.

however the maybe £10 total I spent on the Uncharted trilogy still feels like a rip-off due to it being Generic Everything: the Game.

Henry Gonzalez
Henry Gonzalez

How? The red flags were already clear. How the hell did you still end up buying that game?

Joshua Perez
Joshua Perez

Ni No Kuni. Friend even warned me about it. I should have listened.

Brayden Gutierrez
Brayden Gutierrez

Mankind Divided

Sebastian Gonzalez
Sebastian Gonzalez

Friday 13th was the worst 40 dollars I've ever spent

Christopher Cruz
Christopher Cruz

How? There was a fucking demo.
You knew what you were paying $60 for.

Chase Wright
Chase Wright

Denial is a hell of a drug.
At least it met my rule of a dollar an hour. Not that every hour was worth it. Mods were decent in the beginning though.

Sebastian Thompson
Sebastian Thompson

Mercenaries 2.
I loved the first Mercenaries game, figured the second game might be just as good. Even pre-ordered that shit too.
Played it for about 30 minutes and never picked it up again. Such a terrible game.

Lucas Morgan
Lucas Morgan

I don't buy full priced video games anymore. There is almost never a good reason to buy it day one. You're guaranteed playing the unpatched experience, paying more to do so, and in this current market of microtransaction lootcrate turbojew wet dreams, I'm even less inclined to purchase games.

Tyler Kelly
Tyler Kelly

Injustice 2

Eli Johnson
Eli Johnson

Every single game that I bought with my own money was pre-owned, so no

Jeremiah Sanchez
Jeremiah Sanchez

WWE 2k17. I don't know what I expected.

Carson Bailey
Carson Bailey

Diablo 3. My fault, really, but still mad about how bad they butchered the franchise.

Brayden Wilson
Brayden Wilson

Witcher 3
For Honor
Brink

William Sanders
William Sanders

Dead Island burned me pretty good. It was a complete fucking mess on release and the final product still feels like some clunky unfinished testing build. I just hate how it feels to maneuver and attack. Everything is so stiff and there's no sense of momentum to a lot of the combat.

Gears of War 2 was also quite brutal. I bought it for the online multiplayer and they butchered everything that made it good. My problems with Gears 2 are all the most common ones.

To this day the worst offender is still Duke Nukem Forever.
And it always will be.

Robert Hill
Robert Hill

Never $60. But this happens a LOT:
"Hey guys, lets all get Tabletop Simulator in the Steam sale and play together!"
OK SOUNDS GOOD!
Three years later
Every single one of us has 12 minutes in it
"Hey guys, let's all get (game) in the steam sale and play together!"

Gabriel Miller
Gabriel Miller

I bought all three Atelier Arland games in a bundle. I have never felt more regret in my life than after finishing Totori's normal ending and realzing I didn't have even a moment of enjoyment from it.

Isaiah Perry
Isaiah Perry

No Man's Sky and The Division

Aiden Foster
Aiden Foster

buying vidya for friends

Worst idea ever. I don't know why people do this. I never hear about it working out.

Austin Martin
Austin Martin

Dead Island burned me pretty good.
At least we got Dying Light out of it.

Ryan Foster
Ryan Foster

AC Unity, i pirated and enjoyed both Black Flag and AC3 so i guess i deserved it

Oliver Davis
Oliver Davis

Crysis 2. Pirated Crysis, enjoyed the fuck out of its multiplayer, bought the sequel for more of that Power Struggle action. Well... it was a CoD clone.

Lincoln Nelson
Lincoln Nelson

Gears of War 2. I'm still mad to this day.

Parker Edwards
Parker Edwards

nier automata

i dont know why i keep giving jrpg chances, nier 1 was interesting in retrospect but playing it actively was painful but the chararcters carried it with the banter and relationships

in automata 2B is a literal emotionless machine and its not endearing, its fucking boring, there are no stakes, its robots struggling against other robots on a broken world in an endless cycle. gameplay is button mashy and boring, i was so hyped when they announced it on pc but after playing the first game theres just no more novelty

Isaac Campbell
Isaac Campbell

Spore

Nolan Wright
Nolan Wright

but butt

Samuel Evans
Samuel Evans

I bought lots of shitty games, but never ever spent more than 40 bucks. And ironically, the only games i regret buying were Bioshock pack for 5$ and Alan Wake collection for 10$ at Steam sale.

Evan Fisher
Evan Fisher

I'ts been a long time but it would have to be Call of Duty Ghosts and this is when I was a consolebabby fresh out of high school. I am now a pcbro and I buy just about everything from keysites. Although my latest shit purchase was SFV on release from cdkeys and I only paid $40

Matthew Watson
Matthew Watson

Stick to your cowadooty kid

Noah Fisher
Noah Fisher

Elder scrolls online, bought the morrowind expansion and ended up playing for like 20 hours until realizing they fucked up the combat even more and called it a feature. What a bunch of fucking assholes never going to buy anything bethesda in my lifetime

Leo Garcia
Leo Garcia

I wanted Wind Waker and I ended up with this. Thought it was going to be like Armageddon.

Luke Martinez
Luke Martinez

i dont play games for butt, i have exhentai for that

Cameron Roberts
Cameron Roberts

Same

Daniel Collins
Daniel Collins

Nah. I never regretted spending 60$ on a game. Sometimes I felt like the game was overpriced a little bit, but that doesn't mean I regretted every single dollar.

Justin Turner
Justin Turner

I pre-ordered it

Eli Gray
Eli Gray

Actually no.

Evan Walker
Evan Walker

Dragon Age 2.

Isaac Lee
Isaac Lee

Desu ex last gen, played for about an hour and I was bored as fuck.

Easton Collins
Easton Collins

Far Cry 2. Nice tech demo, but the game itself was missing.

Samuel Reyes
Samuel Reyes

Preordering games like some impatient manchild
You deserved it.

Elijah Mitchell
Elijah Mitchell

Human Revolution? It starts very slow indeed, but you should have given it a chance. It's a great game.

Ryan Myers
Ryan Myers

I already got burned by Assault so I dodged this one.

Landon Johnson
Landon Johnson

Diablo 3.

Since then im full pirating.

Bentley Williams
Bentley Williams

The Witcher 3

Camden Walker
Camden Walker

This one.

Bentley Gonzalez
Bentley Gonzalez

Battlefield 4. Never buying a nu-dice EA game again

Tyler Scott
Tyler Scott

That’s the one. I was thinking about picking it back up. How’s mankind didvided? Pretty sure it’s like 10 burgers new

Parker James
Parker James

150€ for collector

Oliver Morales
Oliver Morales

wildstar

Parker Ward
Parker Ward

mankind divided was ruined by publisher nickel and dimeing

Chase Gutierrez
Chase Gutierrez

I regret ARMS too, I don't even play it anymore since I got Splatoon 2, Pokken and DB Xenoverse 2.

Anthony Hill
Anthony Hill

Ghost Recon Wildlands

William Rodriguez
William Rodriguez

Splatoon 2. It's the exact same fucking game but with even less going for it. I went back to playing ARMS the exact same day I got Splatoon 2.

Camden Clark
Camden Clark

Well, it's not 60 bucks, but I found out that I wasted 40 bucks on Overwatch unwillingly. Found out just yesterday that my cousin used my PayPal a year ago to buy this fucing game. Asked him to pay it back, but he said he couldn't and just gave me the account info. I tried refunding it, but he played that game too much and owned it for too long.

Worst 40 dollars I've ever spent on a video game. Hope I can somehow manage to sell the account

Nolan Adams
Nolan Adams

Division

I was so hopeful after R6:Siege

Adrian Robinson
Adrian Robinson

Wasted $250 on FFXV ultimate collectors edition
Only played about 15 hours and didn't get every far. This was within first week of launch. Haven't played it since.

Jason Rodriguez
Jason Rodriguez

I liked both games, but I found the story and setting of Human Revolution better. Mankind Divided feels like half a game, and that's not even because of publisher jewing (the DLC missions are very difficult and only loosely related to the rest of the game). You should definitely play Human Revolution first anyways.

Isaiah Gomez
Isaiah Gomez

paying full price for a video game, ever

Adrian Sanders
Adrian Sanders

couldn't.
Tell mom.
Punch his fucking face. He's no family if he steals from family.

Gavin Phillips
Gavin Phillips

i rented that game one time and i was like wtf is this

Evan Cruz
Evan Cruz

Halo 4
And more recently, Smash 4

Angel Clark
Angel Clark

Overwatch. It was fun for a couple of days but then I realized that that was it and never touched it again

Gavin Turner
Gavin Turner

I don't know if you're baiting but fuck me, The Witcher 3 is over rated garbage. I didn't pay 60 dollars, (well, bongpounds) I only paid about 30 for the GOTY and I've been bitter about it ever since.

Chase Morgan
Chase Morgan

God damn, user. I paid $80 USD for the early access version, so I can't judge you too much.

Ryder Edwards
Ryder Edwards

Worms Wmd came out recently. It's just like Armageddon in my experience.

Sebastian Peterson
Sebastian Peterson

Final Fantasy 15
Pokken
Assassin's Creed 3
ARMS
Lego City Undercover

John Williams
John Williams

shadow of mordor. bought it at full price in a moment of weakness.

James Cook
James Cook

Legion digital deluxe. didn't even play a month, i quit before the raids came out.

Adam Thompson
Adam Thompson

I was younger and all but holy fuck was this bad.
Least it came with usb mic

Christopher Barnes
Christopher Barnes

Dead Island. A friend talked me into it, and needless to say i stopped buying games just on friend recommendation alone since then.

David Gutierrez
David Gutierrez

She'd just tell me to let it go. And he's pretty big because he goes to the gym. He'd fuck me up if he fought back.

Carson Bennett
Carson Bennett

Cuck.

Kayden Evans
Kayden Evans

You could have seen that coming if you're honest with yourself.

open world meme + Final Fantasy

How did anyone think it wouldn't go wrong?

Zachary Hall
Zachary Hall

Holy shit, I have the same Pikachu plushie in my room!

Luke Jones
Luke Jones

Yeah, I guess.

Jeremiah Fisher
Jeremiah Fisher

evolve
Not so much i hated it
But turtlerock fucked it and then jew'd everyone

Wyatt Price
Wyatt Price

Digimon World Next Order
It just ain't my thing. Too much grind and repeating shit.

Grayson Robinson
Grayson Robinson

Witcher 3
console pleb detected

Parker Nelson
Parker Nelson

Wasting $60 on a game
No game is worth that much, the absolute maximum I've ever spent on a game is $40 on Talos Principle. Also, if you're the type who falls prey to the "X Edition" meme, just go ahead and cut your credit card because it's apparent you're not capable of making sound decisions.

Colton Brooks
Colton Brooks

Final Fantasy Type-0. Every one of my friends told me it was good (from the PSP fan translation). Played it for five hours and never looked back. There's a lot of lore and backstory that makes it interesting, but the characters and story are so boring that it doesn't get me interested in the lore.

Benjamin Reyes
Benjamin Reyes

I scalped the pip boy from the f4 collector's edition on release, got the game for free

Parker Wilson
Parker Wilson

X Edition

This is actually not always bad. The " GOTY! " re-releases with all the DLC included for a cut price are great deals if you're the kind of person who waits to buy vidya when it isn't insanely expensive.

Carter Turner
Carter Turner

I don't buy anything that goes over 10$

Jackson Hughes
Jackson Hughes

GTA V.
Played the story mode, never got why people find it fun or immersive. It was just boring. Story was okay and sometimes pretty meh. Multiplayer was a joke.

Kayden White
Kayden White

I technically pay $52 cause of Amazon but:
SFV
Star Ocean V
Oneechanbara

Matthew Thompson
Matthew Thompson

Hunted: The Demon's Forge.

Never kicked myself in the ass so hard.

Blake Russell
Blake Russell

Haven't most FF games had an open world? Fucking FF1 had an open world.

Aiden Parker
Aiden Parker

Battlefront 2015
I still don't know why I bought it

Jacob Cooper
Jacob Cooper

Dead or Alive 5 on PC

I preordered that shit. I felt like the only dude who actually wanted to fucking fight on it too. I was so hyped. I was excited to use my boy Bass.

And then it was delayed.
And delayed.
And delayed.

I still kept my hype, or at least tried to. I didn't understand it considering it was a literal port and even had modes taken out until later. But I still had it. And then it finally came out, without online which basically meant it was literally Dead on Arrival.

I still waited. What started out for like a week if I remember, turned into 3 months of delay for online versus matches.

By the time those three months ended, I just didn't fucking care anymore. And worst of all, it was like 2-3 months before steam refund came out.

Noah Perez
Noah Perez

There have only been 3 games that have ever given me buyers remorse

Mario Kart Wii (but I think full price was $50?)
Simpsons Hit & Run (I have no idea why Sup Forums is romantizing this game so much lately)
Spider-man: Shattered Dimensions

Usually I make pretty informed decisions on what I buy though and for things I'm on the fence about, my local library has pretty much every major game available since the PS2 era. This summer alone I beat Nier Automata, Gravity Rush 2, Resident Evil 7, Kirby Planet Roboto, Crash Trilogy and played Splatoon 2, Horizon and Yakuza 0 without spending a dime. Its a godsend.

Jaxon James
Jaxon James

i bought the special edition of ESO goddamn that was a mistake

Nolan Martin
Nolan Martin

Assassin's Creed III, now i only buy games when they're around $20

Nathan Rivera
Nathan Rivera

I bought one of the FIFA games a few years back. Played it about 3 hours then remembered why I hate sports games.

Nathan Collins
Nathan Collins

Call of Juarez: The Cartel

Cameron Sanchez
Cameron Sanchez

Open world meme as it applies to modern vidya, user. The big, empty world that can barely be interacted with. The too small, unsatisfying places where you can actually play the game beyond traveling. The third person action schlock gameplay itself designed to appeal to a retard. etc.

Jaxon Hall
Jaxon Hall

Rome 2 Total War. Biggest slap in the face and I have not forgiven creative assembly. I refuse to ever buy their games again.

Juan Barnes
Juan Barnes

Well yeah, waiting to buy the complete game on sale is sensible. I was talking about people buying the X Edition of the game when it has just released totaling at worst from $90-120.
Those who buy Collectors Editions with all that plastic shit, should be shot

Owen Adams
Owen Adams

Final Fantasy XIII I think

Elijah Brown
Elijah Brown

I legit dont remember the last time i paid 60 bucks for a game it already takes a whole lot to make me pay more than 20
Also if i was spending 60 bucks on a game i would make sure i would actually like it before i buy it?

David Evans
David Evans

Oh.

I agree, preordering in general is cancer. Do people preorder blu-ray movie releases?

Asher Allen
Asher Allen

We have this german tv show that used to run called "game one" they legit called this game a better final fantasy and pokemon game in one package BUY BUY BUY....thank god i got it on a sale iam so sorry for you bud hope the second one will be good atleast

Ethan Sanchez
Ethan Sanchez

Mass Effect: Andromeda (I was hanging onto the hope that Bioware would be good again, I was so incredibly unironically looking forward to this game, I spent years dreaming about the possibilities and I was really let down. EA ruins everything they touch with their shitty grubby hands.)

Destiny (I liked Bungie at the time and really liked the beta.)

I fall in love with the ideas and possibilities, just set myself up for disappointment.

Andrew Nelson
Andrew Nelson

You ever waste $59.99 on a game you ended up hating?
waste
ARK: Dinosaur Enema and DayZ
$30+$30

Early access never again.

Nathaniel Johnson
Nathaniel Johnson

Mass Effect: Andromeda (I was hanging onto the hope that Bioware would be good again, I was so incredibly unironically looking forward to this game, I spent years dreaming about the possibilities and I was really let down. EA ruins everything they touch with their shitty grubby hands.)

How? DA2, ME3, TOR, etc. How could you have thought they'd ever be good again?

Joseph Davis
Joseph Davis

Dead Island
first time pre-order
also last time pre-order

Adam Wood
Adam Wood

For honor, it was shilled here non stop for weeks leading up to release, you guys said it was the best shit ever and better than nioh. Literal non stop threads for this shit. It sounded really cool and i thought it would last me awhile, i spent the last of my cash on it. That's the last time i'll ever listen to any of you faggots, you all have the worst taste.

Jonathan Russell
Jonathan Russell

dragons dogma. Good lord what a fucking piece of trash game.

Christopher Price
Christopher Price

People still bought Absolver on release after For Honor too, that's the best part.

Henry Gray
Henry Gray

First that comes to mind is ME:andromeda and FFXV.
At least ME I was prepared for the fact that it might be shit.

Colton Russell
Colton Russell

I got it for $40 on launch because of amazon prime and it still felt like too much.

Brody Thomas
Brody Thomas

Final Fantasy XIII

It was the last game I ever bought for full price

Joshua Walker
Joshua Walker

Steam pre-order was great. Came with XCOM Enemy Unknown for some reason.

Henry Gray
Henry Gray

2k knew the game had flopped and were trying to push copies into circulation to try and create a ripple and get friends to buy it.

Julian Price
Julian Price

This game was so bad I'm actually proud that I never bought it. I can't think of another game I feel that way about.

Mason Wilson
Mason Wilson

A lot of games past 2007 for sure
Resistance 2, Fable 2 and 3, Gears of War 2 and 4, Tekken 7, Starhawk, mass Effect 3, Skyward Sword (althought it was 50), Battalion Wars 2, Mario 3D world, Halo MCC, Dead Rising 3, Resident Evil 6, and Halo 5.

Anthony Murphy
Anthony Murphy

Reminder to never buy a $60 game until it's $20

Caleb Kelly
Caleb Kelly

Baten Kaitos for the GC
I'm still fucking mad at myself for buying it

Austin Reyes
Austin Reyes

For Honor

Lincoln Smith
Lincoln Smith

I pre-ordered Borderlands 2 since I really enjoyed playing the original with friends.

I bought Battlefront for full price after a friend pestered me into buying it to play with him. We played it for maybe five hours.

Oliver Ramirez
Oliver Ramirez

I spent $80 on BF1 deluxe edition, there was zero point in spending the extra 20. I got a theme, a few renamed guns and some battlepacks. I don't even have access to any of the DLC they released. I don't know how they get away with this shit.

Luis Stewart
Luis Stewart

Gears of War 4
Why regret?

Alexander Lopez
Alexander Lopez

I know that feel.

Adrian Powell
Adrian Powell

Not to single you out personally but its because people like you actually spend the money. I hope people realize that publishers and devs will always test the waters with some manipulative and predatory sales practices. And even if there is a vocal outcry against it, money talks. (if you remember the whole Modern Warfare 2 debacle, someone might still have the pic)

Ayden Gutierrez
Ayden Gutierrez

Wasted €79.99 on Sword Art Online: Lost Song.

Lucas Foster
Lucas Foster

Fuck this piece of shit.
Fuck the apologists on this board rising up to defend it after it went F2P.

Oliver Jones
Oliver Jones

tfw bought the revolution edition which comes with the base game + season pass + deluxe edition content for $40

at least you're not some retard who spent $120 on it only to get 1 dlc before they made the new edition

Oliver Hall
Oliver Hall

Ninja Gaiden 3

I've heard there's a new version that's way better but holy fuck. I mean I was fresh off Ninja Gaiden 2. Hyped as fuck I bought it day 1 and returned it day 2.

Thomas Young
Thomas Young

Bulletstorm
What the hell was I even expecting

Oliver Hill
Oliver Hill

That's why i have GameFly
If you want to stop being retarded, I'll give you my super secret referral link that will get you a free month, because as we know, that's the only way to get that offer.

Aiden Garcia
Aiden Garcia

Fallout 3. I haven't bought a game for full price since. Especially not Bethesda ones.

Charles Taylor
Charles Taylor

for honor
a friend got me to buy it and we forgot about it after a week, then so did everyone else

Gavin Richardson
Gavin Richardson

I bought Steel Diver at launch

Julian Smith
Julian Smith

Tekken 7
I'll never buy tekken again, they can go to hell for ruining singleplayer part of the game

Michael Sanders
Michael Sanders

Brink, Fallout 4, Ark, AC Unity (only got it because my little brother is a huge ac fan and seriously wanted someone to do coop with so I obliged cause I'm an awesome brother), DayZ SA, Elitely Dangerously, and I guess Skyrim on 360 but only because it was for console. Not all of those were full $69.99 but I did buy each of them at their launch for full price.

Blake Campbell
Blake Campbell

I spent $120 on Fable 3, the disc broke so I purchased it again. I don't know what I was thinking.

Jackson Lopez
Jackson Lopez

I stopped buying fill priced games.

Kayden Garcia
Kayden Garcia

good to know steven keep us informed

Gavin Gray
Gavin Gray

Dragonball Xenoverse

Leo Perez
Leo Perez

I only bought it because i wanted to play it a day before it released, it was digital, it took a day to download 70gb on my ps4. Iv'e never felt more retarded.

Logan Moore
Logan Moore

I probably spent around $50 in one day buying arena tickets in hearthstone. I never made it past 3-4 wins.

Isaiah Scott
Isaiah Scott

purchased it again

God damn, you cucked yourself.

Logan Brown
Logan Brown

never paid that price for a game

Jayden Campbell
Jayden Campbell

i wouldnt say "hate", but i've bought some pretty damn mediocre games that people pretend are amazing, like nudoom

Connor Collins
Connor Collins

I did the same thing with spore, i bought it full price digitally, it wouldn't let me download it and instead of contacting customer support i bought it again. and it was spore.

David Fisher
David Fisher

Sword of the Stars 2. Last preorder I ever did.

Joseph Long
Joseph Long

instead of getting my money back/resolving my order I just paid twice

What the fuck, user?

Xavier Lewis
Xavier Lewis

Even worse, I bought the special edition of DS3 and I ended up hating it.

Matthew Nelson
Matthew Nelson

Uh... no? I don't hate any games.

Parker Edwards
Parker Edwards

Jesus.

Jack Murphy
Jack Murphy

You ever spend 5 bucks on an old game and lose hundreds of hours of your life?

Rome: Total War

This is why I don't even bother with new vidya until it's cheap. There is so much old vidya of high quality laying around for pennies.

Ryan Thompson
Ryan Thompson

paying for old vidya
are you stupid

Sebastian Johnson
Sebastian Johnson

that's not even the dumbest shit iv'e done, i bought nier automata full price.

Wyatt Foster
Wyatt Foster

paying for good vidya

Absolutely. Depends on the vidya. I wouldn't pay for VTMB for instance because Activision fucked Troika. Letting devs/pubs know people actually love old stuff might encourage them to cater to an audience that isn't necessarily in love with lootcrate microtransactiony open world arrow following bullshit.

Angel Nguyen
Angel Nguyen

MGSV
Uncharted 4
Guild Wars 2
Killing Floor 2

Finished all three so I can safely say they were terrible and would not recommend them to anyone.

Daniel Taylor
Daniel Taylor

EVERY SINGLE ONE

i wasted $59.99 on Ethereum at $2.4 USD.

now I have 7.5k wish I would have wasted more money on ETH than fucking video games.

Wyatt Morris
Wyatt Morris

thinking paying for any old games on steam sends a message to the devs

Henry Jackson
Henry Jackson

It's a better theory than thinking not buying lootcrate distributors will stop them from coming out. We already know the normie hordes will gobble up anything if it's hyped.

You haven't actually said what is wrong with buying old vidya though. I suppose you're implying that I should just save my money and pirate, and yeah, I do that sometimes too, but if a game turns out to be actually be good, I always try to buy it because I like good games and want them to continue existing.

Nicholas Edwards
Nicholas Edwards

I reserved DmC

Jose Richardson
Jose Richardson

Dragon Age 2
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XV

Daniel White
Daniel White

His implication is that the money doesn't go to the devs, typically. This is especially true if the dev no longer exists (like, say, Bullfrog). So, in this case, buying Dungeon Keeper 2 only ends up giving EA money. Which helps no one.

Landon Gonzalez
Landon Gonzalez

buying a game for $60

No AAA game has been worth $40, much less $60 in about a decade.

Justin Stewart
Justin Stewart

Campaign was fucking awful, such a cock tease from what they originally showed.
Multiplayer just does nothing new.
No beast mode.

Samuel Phillips
Samuel Phillips

That's why I try to be a conscientous purchaser. In the case of dead EA devs, I have no problems, because I don't purchase anything published by EA anymore.

Brody Kelly
Brody Kelly

shit bosses

David Cruz
David Cruz

The devs don't get shit.

Jackson Flores
Jackson Flores

FfXIII

Michael Miller
Michael Miller

kek i made the same fucking mistake, preordered ESO and back then it was a monthly fee to play too

canceled after 2 months and never ever went back

Ayden Flores
Ayden Flores

Near a Tomato.

Arma 3 because my friends never ended up getting it.

Angel Flores
Angel Flores

Okay, I should never support the things I like at all because the world is awful, I get it.

trying to talk to people on Sup Forums like normal human beings

Why the fuck did I think that was a good idea?

Henry Perry
Henry Perry

Dark Souls 2

Andrew Murphy
Andrew Murphy

I paid full price for Fallout 4.
I'm still mad. I don't know why I did that, it was a spontaneous thing.

Elijah Campbell
Elijah Campbell

most i've ever spent was $30 on day z.

now i just pirate everything.

Austin Martin
Austin Martin

Skyrim 100% bought it during the hype played maybe 4 hours of it total.I spent more time modding it instead of playing it to be honest.

I also regret getting Fallout 4+season pass I don't get why I don't like it though. I put like 100 hours in Fallout 3 and 100 in Fallout New Vegas. At this point I'm trying to force myself to play it because I spent near $80 on it and feel bad.

Jace Martin
Jace Martin

Nioh

Tyler Reed
Tyler Reed

yeah, thats exactly the moment when playstation went totally downhill. its fate was sealed.
then everyone put way too much hype in a mediocre game (demons souls) which spawned into this monster of shitpoor game design in a series that many 12 year olds from neogaf are stilled fooled by

Samuel Fisher
Samuel Fisher

I spent the better part of my childhood and teenage years wanting to work for these people, user. KOTOR, Baldurs Gate, NwN, Mass Effect, Dragon Age:Origins are all among my favourite games of all time. I didn't want to give up on them, EA buying them over was the beginning of the end. I genuinely liked ME3 despite the DLC bullshit. I actually even liked Inquisition but it was nowhere near their former quality of work.

Brandon Morris
Brandon Morris

Dragon Age 2

Luis Martinez
Luis Martinez

Overwatch

Jason Fisher
Jason Fisher

Arms is cheaper right?

Aaron Harris
Aaron Harris

How much did you spend on Skyrim?

why not just use it as a porn game and beat your meat to sexy girls?

atleast you'll get your moneys worth. :)

Noah Morris
Noah Morris

Divinity Original Sin 2

The game is boring. Fire everywhere and every fight is either too easy or too hard.
The inventory is crap and moving and talking to npcs feels clunky as hell.
I actually liked the first one more.

Justin Parker
Justin Parker

i purchased a quick visit from a whore one time for 60 bucks

she ended up being uglier than her pics and she stank a bit. she was nice though and i got the nut but it wasn't worth it.

Easton Perry
Easton Perry

Skyward Sword.

Cooper Allen
Cooper Allen

I wasted 100 euros on the platinum edition of Saints row the third. Game is bad and the headphones were low quality

Kayden Richardson
Kayden Richardson

ME3 was legitimately very decent up until you fight the Reaper on foot. I still had no faith in them after that.

James Ortiz
James Ortiz

I bought a ps4 for the sole reason of playing FO4 on console. bought both full price.

Owen Reyes
Owen Reyes

I liked it. It's inferior in most ways, but the way they handled the VIP capturing was better. All factions and marked on the map

Jeremiah Morgan
Jeremiah Morgan

Destiny 1.
I didn't fall for the destiny 2 meme thankfully.

Chase Clark
Chase Clark

Deathwing
Dawn of war 3

Holy shit, never going to buy wh40k games ever again.

Matthew Reed
Matthew Reed

First MGS with actual gameplay comes out
Kojima movie watchers hate it

Cameron Phillips
Cameron Phillips

I didn't hate it but bought automata at full price and got bored of it quickly. Gameplay is largely mediocre, the story is a string of sci-fi tropes and the characters are the result of an anime algorithm. Music was great though

Gavin Jones
Gavin Jones

tfw receive games exclusively for birthday from a relative that lives abroad, because it's cheaper there

Carter King
Carter King

... .
Duke Nukem Forever
Balls of Steel edition

Austin Miller
Austin Miller

actual gameplay

The mechanics are on point but the poorly designed " bases " (see: small outposts) aren't the best environments to enjoy those mechanics in.

I think TPP would have been much better with arenas like GZ cuban base connected by a smaller hubworld because GZ base actually felt like a real location. TPP just had little cardboard shack farms.

Tyler Murphy
Tyler Murphy

Final Fantasy XIII

Nicholas Green
Nicholas Green

I bought the waggling gadget sony put out for the ps3, i think it was called the move. I don't remember how much it was but i remember no game being compatible with it, only ever used it for the shovelware that came with it. I think killzone maybe used it but it was so bad there was no point.

Gabriel Moore
Gabriel Moore

What I was going to say, basically word for word.

Benjamin Perry
Benjamin Perry

FFXIII. I drove over and bought it without doing any research but then never actually popped it into my ps3. Far later I read up on the overall disappointment and continued to never play it. No idea what I was thinking

Dylan White
Dylan White

Gears of War, Judgment

Jayden Barnes
Jayden Barnes

This has only ever happened to me once. Breath of the Wild.

Logan Evans
Logan Evans

I bought that as well when I found it at like 15 euros. I pretty much only bought it for the Dice, although the stupid ass statue is also somewhat cool

Jonathan Russell
Jonathan Russell

I don't hate it, it just wasn't worth it.

Mass Effect Andromeda.

Nathaniel Lopez
Nathaniel Lopez

No video game is worth more than 30 dollars.
If you buy collectors editions or in general purchase any useless plastic shit, jump off a cliff you disgusting faggot fucking morons.
If you buy full priced games, congratulations on your retardation!

Juan Howard
Juan Howard

It's not that the games are bad in of themselves, but rather the inexcusable loading times and meh presentation.

Charles Ross
Charles Ross

I can't remember the last time I spent $60 on a game, the most I spend nowadays is $30. Thanks PC gaming.

Matthew Miller
Matthew Miller

I don’t hate it, but destiny 2

Austin Jones
Austin Jones

I realize I'm astronomically late to respond to this but, yes I agree. Dying Light tweaked the engine just enough so it was smooth and fast, yet deliberate weighty.

It feels nice to just operate within the game world. If a game doesn't have this effect on me, I pretty much drop it within a few hours.

Hudson Hill
Hudson Hill

Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XV
Brutal Legend

Hunter Rogers
Hunter Rogers

It's not $60 on a single game but I was a fool and wasted $80 on both Pokemon Sun and Moon. I fell for the hype that maybe Gamefreak would do something right on the 20th anniversary of Pokemon and make a worthwhile generation.

After going through the pain of the astoundingly infuriating hand-holding tutorial in Moon, I came to the quick conclusion that this shit wasn't happening again. The main game and story itself wasn't bad, but after completing said story ("story" ends with the UltraBeast quest) and realizing there was no post-game content whatsoever (calling a half assed battle facility a "battle tree" =/= post-game content), I came to the conclusion that I have no motivation to ever touch Sun.

It's too late now to return my copy of Sun. I won't be falling for the scam of "getting both versions" again. At least until Gamefreak proves that they can make a game worth playing twice.

Carter Young
Carter Young

Why did this happen? Doesn't people take their time and due diligence to know if they will like a game or not?

Kayden Jones
Kayden Jones

Borderlands: the presequel

worst week one purchase of my fucking life. Labyrinith X was a better purchase.

Carson Murphy
Carson Murphy

Dark Souls 3

I even preordered it. God, a year later I'm STILL FUCKING MAD

Caleb Scott
Caleb Scott

Would you say the game was too hard to understand for you?

Benjamin Howard
Benjamin Howard

*Don't people
*To figure out
*whether they will
*due diligence wasnt even necessary

Ryan Diaz
Ryan Diaz

All these babies with no taste

Gavin Phillips
Gavin Phillips

not 60, but cosmic star heroine REALLY disappointed me

James Mitchell
James Mitchell

ok

Cooper James
Cooper James

Resident Evil 6. And fuck Sup Forums for parroting that it's a good game. It's fucking trash.

Ethan Wood
Ethan Wood

This shit was so fucking broken at launch. Not even in a funny way.

Grayson Brooks
Grayson Brooks

Defiance, My buddy said trailers looked good, so we bought it. I make sure I look into a game before putting money down now.

Aiden Kelly
Aiden Kelly

Holy shit, this so much

literally the first game in years I bought full price, even skipped college and work for it

So fucking disappointing, what a waste, what a mess, fuckonami

Lucas Campbell
Lucas Campbell

;_;
i didnt want to hate it Sup Forums. I really didn't.

also, it really made me APPRECIATE mgs2 so much more even though it's my least favorite MGS.

i have to update this image.

John Wood
John Wood

Monster Hunter 3

Henry Nelson
Henry Nelson

Diablo 3, Starcraft 2

Joseph Gonzalez
Joseph Gonzalez

Diablo 3 is okay now, but starcraft 2 is still LOL BALLS OF DEATH

Cameron Sanders
Cameron Sanders

STANDING

Carson Brown
Carson Brown

I bought an F1 game at release.
Almost immediately I remembered that even thought the game is good I don't like F1.

Nicholas Thompson
Nicholas Thompson

Prototype 2

Jason Garcia
Jason Garcia

being at peace with your own retardation is good, but it does not make you look any less retarded.

William Green
William Green

Never. I'm not a fucking idiot.

Lincoln Ross
Lincoln Ross

MGSV and no man's sky although I got a refund

Christopher Anderson
Christopher Anderson

Persona 5

Brandon Foster
Brandon Foster

not 59.99, but 47.99? Yeah. I don't shop at Gamestop you idiot.

Levi Walker
Levi Walker

Smash 4 for 3DS

Ethan Ward
Ethan Ward

MGS2
Brute Force

Jacob Morgan
Jacob Morgan

Never with $60, but I did with a new 3DS game for full $40 price. Fuck you Yoshi's New Island.

Ian Jenkins
Ian Jenkins

Dude Sex: Manhole Divided.

Jonathan Stewart
Jonathan Stewart

redditunknown's twitchgrounds

i bought 2 copies

Christian Ramirez
Christian Ramirez

Tbh I'm still enjoying MGSV
My only big complaint is the forced online bullshit, I have spotty internet connection here and when it goes out I lose access to most of my GMP and resources since those assholes send it to your online FOBs automatically

Asher Sanders
Asher Sanders

I spent over $200.00 to try and get Dragon Age: Inquisition to work. Never could. Literally stopped playing vidya because of it.

Jordan Roberts
Jordan Roberts

I really should've stopped playing elsword a long time ago.

Eli Young
Eli Young

Came here to post that

Henry Barnes
Henry Barnes

MGSV is still a really great game for what it is.
It only gets hated here so much because it's meme to do so.
Not unlike a lot of other "hated" games on Sup Forums, like Dark Souls 2 and SFV.

Matthew Rivera
Matthew Rivera

Fucking this.

Colton Rivera
Colton Rivera

Splatoon 2
Total War:Warhammer 2
Prey

All in all pretty decent games but none of them are worth $60.

Ian Hill
Ian Hill

Borderlands 2

Samuel Morales
Samuel Morales

I had someone buy me OG Killing Floor to play with him and it ended up being one of my favorite games for a long while.

Definitely an exception, not the rule though.

Austin Russell
Austin Russell

I'm really glad that I got SFV for super cheap. Had I bought it for full price, I'd be pissed beyond belief. One of the worst games Capcom has ever released imo.

Gabriel Perry
Gabriel Perry

same here, even as someone who seems to like Fallout 3 way more than the majority here

Brayden Lee
Brayden Lee

Elder Scrolls Online. Its the worst game i've ever played. I wish i'd never played it at all. Even for free.

Kevin Sanchez
Kevin Sanchez

Not $60, but I wasted $50 on the Orange Box.

Benjamin Diaz
Benjamin Diaz

What was the year?

Colton Evans
Colton Evans

I paid for a game and let others tell me if I should play it or not without even trying it
What's it like being this white

Aaron Bennett
Aaron Bennett

Early 2008.

Julian Ross
Julian Ross

I don't think I paid 60 dollars for it, but it was the game that taught me an important lesson about pre-ordering.

Julian Roberts
Julian Roberts

I don't remember how much this was on release it probably wasn't 60 but I'm still mad to this day I bought it

Horrendously clunky fighter with little to no variety it's all just one button press

Aiden Ortiz
Aiden Ortiz

Forza Motorsport 6: $100
Project cars: $60
Fallout 4: $100
Call of duty infinite shittiness: $100
Elite dangerous: $40
Ark: $40 + $20 dlc

I am a console peasant of many regrets.

Jack Hill
Jack Hill

*insert any shovelware here*

Jayden Rodriguez
Jayden Rodriguez

I don't get it would've been wasted money since TF2 for example wasn't free back then.

The Orange Box was great.

Brandon Ross
Brandon Ross

how it would*

Nicholas Ramirez
Nicholas Ramirez

I didn't realize humans were capable of having such shit taste. The fuck was you expecting, Street Fighter?

Jacob Gomez
Jacob Gomez

You're pretty close to how I feel.

Nathaniel Russell
Nathaniel Russell

This piece of shit. Fuck you tomm

Henry Thompson
Henry Thompson

IT was long dead on consoles by then

Cameron Roberts
Cameron Roberts

My worst offenders
Overwatch
Devoid of content on launch
The Witness
Same fucking puzzle repeated in different ways for the entire game
Resident Evil 7
An 8 HOUR LONG EXPERIENCE with barely any additional content except for NG+, bought it on day 1 and 42 hours later it was cracked
Cod 4 Remastered
Dead servers on PC and HORRIBLE unoptimised port framerate issues

im such a fucking dummy, but i refuse to ever make mistakes like this again. never again.

Also
Wasted
How could you waste money on it? Vanilla TF2 was fucking hilarious

Angel Torres
Angel Torres

I couldn'tt remember the console versions, lol

Julian James
Julian James

I just came for the fan service didn't know there wasn't going to be any effort put into it at all

Jeremiah Lopez
Jeremiah Lopez

By the time I got to the end, it was too late for any chance at redemption.

Isaiah Torres
Isaiah Torres

you paid 59.99 for botw?

amazon had 20% off
best buy has 20% off and had a -$25 for orders over $100.

Carson Wright
Carson Wright

Star Ocean: The Last Hope

Easton Garcia
Easton Garcia

xcom didnt flop though

Ryan Campbell
Ryan Campbell

Only recently became a buyfag (as I grow older I play less and less games and pay for the convenience of it), and the only game I got memed into buying was PUBG. More like $40 but still, fucking atrocious game. Tried to refund but I was like 0.1hr over the limit so it got denied. Maybe one day it gets a good mod or something that makes owning it worth it.

Tyler White
Tyler White

No Man's Sky for sure. I haven't purchased a game since.

Austin Thomas
Austin Thomas

Destiny

Grayson Ward
Grayson Ward

I wouldn't have a problem hating a game I paid retail for because I could just return it. I have more of a problem with games I pay retail for that are so uninteresting I stop playing it once and let it sit on my shelf for that one day I might continue it but I feel so apathetic about said game it never gets to that point and just collects dust.

Charles Harris
Charles Harris

The Evil Within 2
It's not even out yet

Evan Gomez
Evan Gomez

me too user

Christian Long
Christian Long

One of the top 10 DS games of all time
No effort
8/10 would rage again, legitimately upset someone could actually think this

Carson Roberts
Carson Roberts

Paper Mario: Sticker Star

I've had plenty of disappointments with full-price games, but this is the only one that actually hurt

Easton Taylor
Easton Taylor

Dark Souls 2 sotfs for $10
Still salty it wasn't good

Kayden Reyes
Kayden Reyes

ARK: Survival Evolved and BDO (wasn't 60 but these 2 are my most regretted purchases)

Elijah Morgan
Elijah Morgan

Actually DS2 is one for me as well
I had played the first, and while I never really got good at it I enjoyed it still.
Then bought 2 when it came out and ended up giving it to a friend after like a week, hated it.

Ayden Rogers
Ayden Rogers

Halo 5.

Matthew Martin
Matthew Martin

I don't get it would've been wasted money since TF2 for example wasn't free back then.
TF2 was shit even back then.

How could you waste money on it? Vanilla TF2 was fucking hilarious
No it wasn't.

The only worthwhile "game" in the Orange Box was a 4-hour tech demo that they gave away for free two years later.

Noah Thompson
Noah Thompson

Guild Wars 2.

Worst of all, I lost CoH in the process.

I think of the old fundementalist lamentation "I traded Jesus for Satan and look at what has happened to me"

William Edwards
William Edwards

Final Fantasy 13

Liam Wright
Liam Wright

Crysis 2
Battlefield 1

Oliver Sullivan
Oliver Sullivan

I've only ever paid $60 for a game once and I enjoyed it. I buy everything preowned, on sale, or both.

James Davis
James Davis

Not $60, but Owlboy.

Andrew Richardson
Andrew Richardson

I've spent 30 bucks on Burnout Paradise once to play it online after pirating, and then for whatever reason the online mode wouldn't work.

Caleb Brooks
Caleb Brooks

total war warhammer 2

Luke Lopez
Luke Lopez

3D Dot Game Heroes
Goddamn boring shit

Henry Howard
Henry Howard

coincidentally the price of Grim Dawn's new expansion in canuckbucks

Tyler Williams
Tyler Williams

Warframe and FFXIV

Jaxson Sullivan
Jaxson Sullivan

But it was 40 on PC on release, what are you a console faggot? But yeah its still a shit game..

Ian Mitchell
Ian Mitchell

MVC: Infinite
Not just because it's shitty. I regret buying it because the person I bought it to play with doesn't want to play it

Jaxon Green
Jaxon Green

dragon ball z battle for z on the vita

two weeks later on sale for 5.99

Landon Taylor
Landon Taylor

No Mans Sky on launch day. What have I done?

Blake Torres
Blake Torres

I've never spent more than $20 on a videogame because I always wait until it's on sale or it's just an old game at this point.

Jack Collins
Jack Collins

they dropped an ok update for it recently
i got it on sale, lost interest pretty quick but it was fun for a bit

Grayson Torres
Grayson Torres

Assault was good though.

Liam Myers
Liam Myers

i feel absolutely horrible my friend insisted on buying me metal gear solid v for my birthday without my knowledge through steam and set it up as a surprise for me and told me to start it right away, 3 hours later i'm finally in the game and then an hour later I've rescued kaz after a horrible 2 fps mission and deleted the game i was playin on a broken keyboard and mouse and he knew my craptop was shit and I have not touched it since or spoken to him...

Luis Flores
Luis Flores

Never, I don't preorder shit......

Blake Richardson
Blake Richardson

Fucking THIS. Evolve was so much fun, but their DLC system was fucking stupid. I blame 2K more so for that rather than Turtle Rock, but who can tell anymore.

Aiden Reyes
Aiden Reyes

Halo 5
I really, really, REALLY wanted to try and like this game, but fuck man that campaign was awful. The music and Breakout were the only saving graces of the game for me.

Christian Turner
Christian Turner

Is there really a lot wrong with spore? I thought that game was fun as fuck. Then again I was a bit younger. But I'd still replay that game today.

Jacob Morris
Jacob Morris

Was about to post this. It had so much potential and it was wasted because nuBungie doesn't know how to do anything right. I do like the Raids though.

Blake Perez
Blake Perez

Never.

What's wrong with you guys? Or do some of you buy stuff before checking it out?

Leo Garcia
Leo Garcia

Division

Leo Rodriguez
Leo Rodriguez

arms

Carson Green
Carson Green

I'm sure some people here made the mistake of trusting /v/'s judgement on a game

Evan Johnson
Evan Johnson

I backed this absolute turd for $250

Lucas Flores
Lucas Flores

buying games
I think I see the problem here

William Gonzalez
William Gonzalez

Things won't exist if no one ever buys them
wat are economics?
This pisses me off more than it should

Aaron King
Aaron King

Operation raccoon city even got the special edition, that game killed my faith in Capcom and over the years I am glad I've kept caution with their releases.

William Wilson
William Wilson

NMS

Carter Barnes
Carter Barnes

Far cry 2

John Wilson
John Wilson

I'm so sorry for your loss, user.

Nathan Watson
Nathan Watson

no because I have patience

Connor Baker
Connor Baker

I've only pirated a game like three times, I'm glad this was one of them.
That game was legitimately broken on release.

Julian Morgan
Julian Morgan

Warlods of Draenor and Legion

Hunter Brooks
Hunter Brooks

Mass Effect: Andromeda. Not only did I blow $60 on it like a fucking idiot, but it dropped to $40 within like, a week. I literally only picked it up for the multiplayer since I played the hell out of ME3s and I was still disappointed.

Bentley Baker
Bentley Baker

If you genuinely "hate" TPP you have god awful taste in videogames and should be berated for it; which is why I made this post. You can be upset the game is missing its ending but the game itself is still great without it, it just could have been the best of the series. Sorry your fanfiction didn't work out for you if thats what you're butthurt about. Big Boss was never a clear-cut villain, get over it.

Isaac Anderson
Isaac Anderson

Not $60 but I got this for like $40 or $50 for my birthday and it was so fucking disappointing. baseball game for n64 was better than this shit.

Aiden James
Aiden James

How they have made this game worse than Civ V is beyond me. The game had so much good ideas, but the execution just fell flat.

Connor Nguyen
Connor Nguyen

Bought this turd on release day.

Charles Green
Charles Green

You talk too much, your opinion is discarded.

Anthony Jenkins
Anthony Jenkins

I bought the division gold edition for the price of the full base game so I paid full price but I also didn't at the same time. It was via some south American Xbox store which had a weaker currency or something.

The game was good for the first couple months and the group I was playing with were pretty cool. After a while it just straight up died and everybody stopped playing it. A lot of those guys just went offline and never came back on for whatever reason. I wanted to really like that game but it was missing something. Even thinking about it again now makes me feel a mix of excitement and disappointment over it because the concept was so good imo.

Jacob Kelly
Jacob Kelly

there are people on this board that bought No Man's Sky at full price
there are people on this board that bought No Man's Sky period

Angel Taylor
Angel Taylor

ARK
I fell for the EARLY ACCESS SURVIVAL OPEN WORLD meme

Samuel Ross
Samuel Ross

Your opinion is invalid

Connor Brooks
Connor Brooks

Prey (17)
last time I ever buy a game at full price

Alexander Hernandez
Alexander Hernandez

RAGE. 5 years later it still doesn't even load textures properly, and they never bothered to fix it. I told J camack and co to fuck themselves but they redeemed themselves with D44M.

Benjamin Diaz
Benjamin Diaz

SIms 4
Diablo 3

Charles Foster
Charles Foster

Also not For Honor

Angel James
Angel James

Spent $39.99 + tax on The Witness because I thought it having allusions to Tarkovsky's films would make it good... I don't like it one bit. I especially hate how sterile the world looks.

Aaron Rogers
Aaron Rogers

Pokemon Battle Revolution
Both of the first two Assassin's Creed games
Starfox Assault
Megaman Anniversary Collection (GCN)

Biggest regret of all was the first Titanfall. What a load of fuckshit

Parker Cook
Parker Cook

For honor

Did like the idea, just needed constant balance patches that it didn't get , and if it did it fucked over people who level up gear and the dlc omfg it's so pricey. I ended up back in dark souls 1-3 dick wrathing

inb4 souls series pvp was never balanced
Yeah but if they can cheese me I can cheese them harder bc experience

Expect for mother Fucking ds3, estus heals to much to fast and is hard to punish and fucked poise up to enough so it's pve viable but not pvp, gankers and gonkers are everywhere and everyone and there mother has a billion estus............. Fuck it, I'm going back to ds2

Adam Allen
Adam Allen

Not $60, but Sticker Star.

Ian Williams
Ian Williams

Bionic Commando Reboot

loved the original, the second game was like 6 hours long and fucking terrible

Ryan Walker
Ryan Walker

civ 5. i dont like rts besides AoE2 but reddit convinced me it was good. which it is a good game, but I dont like rts

Christopher Howard
Christopher Howard

Nope, it was really mediocre. Glad the series is on its deathbed.

Luke Howard
Luke Howard

Destiny

Michael King
Michael King

this. The only good WH40k game out of the 100 that have been made was DOW1 and all it's expansions

Kayden Watson
Kayden Watson

At least you didn't Gift it to someone for 250$

Every now and then, it comes up and he tries to dodge out of the discussion as fast as possible like he's worried that I'd be offended if he disliked the game.

I bought a (20$) copy too, so the joke's on me.

Leo Brooks
Leo Brooks

Space Marine exists user. It's a strong runner up. It ain't perfect, but it deserves a lot of credit for making the best attempt.

Kayden Diaz
Kayden Diaz

You ever waste $59.99 on a game you ended up hating?

GTA V was the reason I stopped pay full price for games

Alexander Wilson
Alexander Wilson

Two years later and I'm still angry that Kojima spent five fucking years on TPP and it was rushed and incomplete with a shitty open world.

Carter Reed
Carter Reed

For Honor.

Never fucking worked right on my PC. Connection was horseshit, and I have good internet. Classes were totally unbalanced. Worthless fucking game, last scoobiesoft title I buy

Xavier Mitchell
Xavier Mitchell

but... my 5/5 maxim stars?

Nathaniel Watson
Nathaniel Watson

GTA 4
Bioshock
Ass Creed
Splinter Cell Conviction

Jacob Perez
Jacob Perez

Sacred 2

James Kelly
James Kelly

Saints Row 3

Jaxson Lopez
Jaxson Lopez

I unironically bought Battleborn at launch.

Cooper Nelson
Cooper Nelson

Magna Carta 2 and Ninety-Nine Nights 2. I don't hate either that much, but Magna Carta's gameplay got changed in a bad way and everyone plays the same in N3 2 yet everything is way harder than average musou.

Blake Brooks
Blake Brooks

Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts

British faction ruined the game.

Justin Clark
Justin Clark

Fallout 3

Owen King
Owen King

I spent 100 on that shit

Ryan Martinez
Ryan Martinez

For honor

Connor Price
Connor Price

Absolver.
Fucking unbalanced piece of garbage.

Noah Smith
Noah Smith

Bioshock Infinite
Bought on the recommendation of Adam Sessler after his video review on Rev3 games where he basically said it was the greatest game of all time and you should buy 5 copies immediately.
Never trusted games media after that

Destiny
Was a Bungie fanboy for years during X360 golden age. Bought on the back of hype and marketing alone.
Never believed/fell for hype again.

Warlords of Draenor
Classic case of all my friends got it so I did too. I think I paid something like $60 aud + subscription for the worst expansion wow has ever had. Least amount of content for the most money.
Never trusted my friends again.

Zachary Bell
Zachary Bell

Bioshock Infinite
I even got Rome 2 that year, but at least that became an ok game in the end, Bioshock Infinite will always fucking piss me off

Eli Barnes
Eli Barnes

Smash 4 I think. Not really hate it but made me realize how little a fuckton of characters mean if the gameplay is awful.

Jack Edwards
Jack Edwards

Attila and Warhammer are god tier

Dominic Clark
Dominic Clark

I paid 60$ for XCOM and a PC copy of Bioshock 1
I'm more than content with that, Bioshock Infinite was jsut a bonus for buying XCOM

Aiden Walker
Aiden Walker

Fallout 4

Josiah Long
Josiah Long

ctrl+f
desinty
only 7 posts
Wtf is wrong with you people?

Jack Garcia
Jack Garcia

Gears 2 and 4
Battalion Wars 2
Mario 3D world
I can understand Resisteance 2, MCC (at release) and the rest, but really dude? Why those 4?

Ryan Thomas
Ryan Thomas

Literally broken release
thank god when it released I had no friends so all I did was play vs bots, and got my 60$ worth out of it
but goddamn what a disappointment

Connor Williams
Connor Williams

he didn't get Total Warhammer 2 for 30$
lmao fucking pleb
2game.com

Bentley Parker
Bentley Parker

No.

Daniel Mitchell
Daniel Mitchell

lying on the internet

Ian Hall
Ian Hall

Right here. I was riding pretty high on the show hype too.

Anthony Walker
Anthony Walker

he buys games
You all deserve it.

Brandon Ramirez
Brandon Ramirez

Big deal

Dominic Nguyen
Dominic Nguyen

FFXV

It seems like a shitshow to me. Feels like you gotta watch a series, watch a movie, read a book, roll the bones, and THEN play the game before you understand what the fuck is going on with the story.

Playing the game alone just feels incomplete as fuck. It's pretty, though.

Samuel Hernandez
Samuel Hernandez

Alien: colonial marines

Andrew Jones
Andrew Jones

I bet you bought it because of that edgy concept art that appeared before the game's release that showed it as a surprisingly dark game for disney

Carter Clark
Carter Clark

shit taste

Brandon Hill
Brandon Hill

Pre-Ordered Mario 3D Land.

At least I got a little shitty keychain with it.

Brayden Kelly
Brayden Kelly

Forza 7

Luis Allen
Luis Allen

You and me both user, what a fucking trainwreck

Luke Nelson
Luke Nelson

Pokemon: Battle Revolution
I bought it as a birthday present for my brother. I thought it would be like Colisseum, but set in a cool theme park :(

Blake Russell
Blake Russell

Battlefield WW1

Alexander Morgan
Alexander Morgan

you do know Carmack left id years ago and is now cucked by facebook right? He had no hand in id tech 5 or the doom 4 that got released

Chase Rodriguez
Chase Rodriguez

sorry, I meant id tech 6, 5 was the rage engine

Connor Collins
Connor Collins

Ark, that's pretty much it. I try to do enough research so that I don't waste my money but I fucked up with ark.

Owen Rodriguez
Owen Rodriguez

For Honor. Made it even worse because my girlfriend bought it for me, and the fact that she was the one who took the hit makes me angry beyond measure. I don't understand how it changed so much from the alphas and betas.

Jonathan Bell
Jonathan Bell

Tekken 7

Alexander Murphy
Alexander Murphy

This fucking pile of shit

Evan Lopez
Evan Lopez

FFXV desu...

Connor Jenkins
Connor Jenkins

My eternal fucking feel, bro. I bought it as a birthday present for myself after loving the beta. Fucking mess of a game, damn shame.

Gabriel Perez
Gabriel Perez

It really sucks. The beta felt so right. We played the absolute shit out of it. I felt legit shame that I didn't play a game she bought me. It was really weird.

Hudson Ward
Hudson Ward

This.

Zachary Lee
Zachary Lee

Brink
Battlefield 3, 4, 1
Black ops 2, 3, advanced warfare
No man's sky
For honor
Assassins creed unity, syndicate, 3, black flag, probably the new one too
The division
Destiny 1 and 2
The ps4 killzone
Knack 1 and 2
I have a serious problem

Kevin Rodriguez
Kevin Rodriguez

To add on to this I have an enormous list of games I regret buying since the NES
I walk into a store and I see a game that had a cool commercial or something and I buy it then I regret it because it sucks ass or was a really poor value for the money. I'm also 20,000 dollars in debt and I still keep buying bad games. I had to physically stop myself from buying splatoon 2 and MK8 today

Carson Carter
Carson Carter

SFV
MSGV

Really makes you think

Adam Campbell
Adam Campbell

paying 60 bucks for a game
what a bunch of cucks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0ha6Mb5_YQ

Gavin Wood
Gavin Wood

For Honor
Tabula Rasa

Asher Martin
Asher Martin

I feel the same

Blake Robinson
Blake Robinson

Street Fighter V.
- Launch was an absolute trash that ate my refund time.
- Released unfinished barebones of a game.
- Slow updates for a year
- FM rates are retarded(more than a month of grinding to unlock 1 character)
- DLC DLC DLC

And the best thing - last updates broke the game and it crashes on start on my PC.
Fuck I hate Capcom and hate myself for buying that trash.

Wyatt Jackson
Wyatt Jackson

You take that back you son of a bitch

Noah Murphy
Noah Murphy

Skyrim. The graphics fooled me into thinking the combat was any less clunkier than fucking Daggerfall.

Kevin Thompson
Kevin Thompson

Jerk

Caleb Mitchell
Caleb Mitchell

Only dickriders are deluded enough to think the combat system has evolved in any way whatsoever.

Liam Scott
Liam Scott

bioshock infinite

Eli Walker
Eli Walker

Breath of the Wild. The constant dick sucking it got didn't help my mood either.

Nathaniel Reed
Nathaniel Reed

lol I paid $20 and I still get upset when I see it in my library but dont ever feel like playing it because its so boring

Jose Rivera
Jose Rivera

paw is that u?

Ayden Ortiz
Ayden Ortiz

tfw I have that on Wii
I love Metal Slug, but fuck me is it shitty.

Logan Parker
Logan Parker

Homefront

At least it came with a free copy of Metro 2033.

Ryder Rodriguez
Ryder Rodriguez

p4a2. digital. fuck that donut steel oc with the dual swords

Zachary Morgan
Zachary Morgan

gears of war 2
pretty much every console game

Jason Williams
Jason Williams

For Honor. Killed AAA gaming for me

Connor Brooks
Connor Brooks

my "tome" is sitting above my desk this very day

Caleb Allen
Caleb Allen

For honor

Logan Edwards
Logan Edwards

Mad Max

Nicholas Nguyen
Nicholas Nguyen

at least SFV has some replay value because its ment to be played online

this

Carter Diaz
Carter Diaz

Really enjoyed Force Unleashed
Heard Force Unleashed 2 was coming out
Head out to my local gameshop
Shop district was out of power, so had to wait til the next day to get it
Excitement is tipping over
It's utter shit
My young delusions were shattered forever

Angel Lewis
Angel Lewis

This has to be b8

Christopher Roberts
Christopher Roberts

Colonial Marines.

I'm still mad.

Justin Davis
Justin Davis

Got burned by that too. I was riding on the love of GW1, they just took my money and broke my heart.

Daniel Ross
Daniel Ross

Fuck, I bought it for $20 and I still felt scammed

Jonathan Ortiz
Jonathan Ortiz

I have one friend like that, he is always online on Steam but every time I see him play something he always plays the flavour of the week with friends.

Jaxson Sanchez
Jaxson Sanchez

It lacked the magic of the first one, but it wasn't terrible so much as it was just disappointing.

Isaiah Walker
Isaiah Walker

ark

Nolan Martinez
Nolan Martinez

world in flames was the last $60 I have purchased other than GTA V. everything else I have waited for a sale.

Nicholas Bell
Nicholas Bell

i boug-no PRE ORDERED Final Fantasy 14: CE

what an fuck nightmare of a game. absolute shit. i heard after like 3 years they "got it fixed". i had already thrown that stupid keychain thing away by then.

thanks for testing!

btw the original collectors edition came with an empty fucking book. "and write that shit in there yourself"

what's the point of the fucking book when everything was posted online. opening my browser is simpler than opening a book and looking for shit that i wrote down

Ian Watson
Ian Watson

I bought 3 copies of Friday the 13th at 40 bucks a piece for me and some friends. It was a fun ride but it was not 40 dollars of content I'm pretty salty about it

Kevin Cook
Kevin Cook

>>1221189
Destiny
Spent $60 for the most empty game I've ever played

Thomas Reed
Thomas Reed

Never pay more than $20 for a video game.

Jaxson Taylor
Jaxson Taylor

Howdy.

Brandon Cox
Brandon Cox

No because im not a console babbie

Andrew Scott
Andrew Scott

I still play it. It's bad if you solo queue but playing with friends and dicking around is still pretty fun.

Nolan Hernandez
Nolan Hernandez

Two Worlds 2, don't know what I expected. It was like a game design class group project. Definitely never bought a game without researching it again.

Silent Hill Downpour. Wasn't even a SIlent Hill game anymore. No tension at all. Returned it same day.

The Evil Within. After the part you play in the demo it becomes a watered down resident evil with no tension. Trash. Very disappointing.

TES Online. Talk about false advertisement. Not even close to what it was hyped to be. It was like less fun everquest with an elder scrolls skin.

KH 2.8 ...It's a fucking demo with filler.

Henry Price
Henry Price

Came here to post this
I bought it on PC and 360 since I was in a transitional period from console to PC at the time. Biggest post purchase regret ever. Period.

Kayden Jackson
Kayden Jackson

BIOSHOCK INFINITE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ayden Garcia
Ayden Garcia

Star Ocean 4. I was sure the series would recover from 3. It was the last game I paid full price for so in that respect it was worth buying for the lesson.

Michael Davis
Michael Davis

I spent $50 for Skyrim and $20 for each dlc and $5 for hearthfire.

Kevin Nguyen
Kevin Nguyen

I unironically love MGS V and you are an angry jew.

Camden Bell
Camden Bell

Quantum Break

Dominic Brooks
Dominic Brooks

You like GZ but not TPP? Are you retarded or something?

Julian Fisher
Julian Fisher

Resident Evil 5

Joshua Thompson
Joshua Thompson

It has gotten a ton better. It's still not Guild Wars 1: Again like everyone keeps jizzing to, but it has definitely improved.

Liam Gomez
Liam Gomez

damn..

Jackson Lee
Jackson Lee

GTA V

Jeremiah Cox
Jeremiah Cox

Arguably Pokken DX. I've only played it day one, and I was doing well in singleplayer as my girl Chandelure, but I was getting assraped online, so I just started playing Gold on my 3ds. I'm also about to waste $80 on Fire Emblem Warriors's special edition, since I can play musou without getting bored, but I need to be on harder difficulties, which requires grinding. And I've only played 5 hours of Echoes and 45 minutes of Awakening, so I have no attachment to any of the characters in the game anyway. Also preordered fucking Nights of Azure 2 LE from NISA solely for the tits on the box (and also to pad out my Switch collection, even though I have yet to even beat Zelda). Oh, and I bought Twilight Princess Wii U in March because it was basically a Jewishly scalped amiibo for BOTW plus a discount-priced game (since Wolf Link was like $25-30 used, and I got the game for like $45), but I don't have a Wii U, nor have I used a single amiibo for BOTW. And I'm preordering XB2's special edition for Pyra's tits, having not played Shulk's game or X (but I have played -gears and a little bit of -saga). Also Binding of Isaac Afterbirth, which I only bought to have a physical game to prevent me from beating BOTW too soon.

Basically, I preordered the Switch for BOTW, having not played a new Zelda since Minish Cap, and just kept buying games I wasn't planning on playing anytime soon, just to fulfill my quota of "enough games whose total price exceeds that of the console". Haven't had too much buyer's remorse so far, though. Voez's songs aren't as catchy to me as some in Cytus, but it's fine. Fast RMX is the shit, feels like a racing version of Ikaruga with the color-switching. Shovel Knight is decent platformkino. Barely touched Disgaea 5, but I'd nut in that bunny, and on the pink girl's fat tits. Kinda regret dropping Splatoon. I didn't consciously choose to drop it, but I felt weird about not going through the singleplayer mode before doing 10 hours of online

Kevin Wilson
Kevin Wilson

Dauntless. The Surge. Fallout New Vegas. Shadow of Mordor.

Jack Stewart
Jack Stewart

Archeage early access pack
Tekken7
TESO
Absolver

So much money wasted

Nolan James
Nolan James

>>393159323
Shit, I meant to write Streetfighter 5.

Still sleepy.

Joseph Ortiz
Joseph Ortiz

Not so much that I have wasted money, but I've always avoided wasting $60 by not buying Western games anywhere near launch. Everything from PS3 era to now has shittons of DLC that get included for free in the discount GOTY editions.

As far as stuff from grorious Nippon, I had this weird fascination with FFXV and RE7. I didn't get FF until a few weeks after it came out (when I bought my PS4) and still paid full price because I had been waiting for Versus for so long, and just wanted to get it over with. Still haven't taken the game out of its plastic wrap. RE7 was a strange phenomenon of having mixed feelings based on what was revealed thus far (it only had the family, and no Molded, shown in trailers and shit), but I had this sick interest in wasting $60 on a potential flop, so that I might feel the regret and self-loathing so many others have felt with Dragon Age 2 and Bioshock Infinite and stuff. Then I played the game in two sittings totalling 12 hours between release day and the following night, and it was the most fun vidya experience of the past decade, even in spite of its railroaded setpiece-story stuff. Unironic 9/10, subjectively, and would be my GOTY if not for Nioh

Xavier Davis
Xavier Davis

Civ beyond earth. I thought it was an expansion to 5, turns out it's just a shitty 5.

Jonathan Sanders
Jonathan Sanders

Bioshock Infinite.

I got royally fucked over.

Michael Adams
Michael Adams

Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever actually regretted a game purchase.
I always know from the start whether I'm going to like it or not before I actually buy it.
Actually wait, there was one. Diablo 3
That's the only one I regret, but most games like witcher 3 or human revolution I loved

Parker Price
Parker Price

I pre-ordered this for 120 shillings and ended up playing an hour of the game and hating it. I didn't buy GT6 after that and don't care about GT Sport either.

Cooper Collins
Cooper Collins

Can't say I hate it, just wish it wasn't a metal gear game

Jordan Diaz
Jordan Diaz

That's the PS3/Vita game, not Super/Ultra Stars, you shitter

Daniel Hill
Daniel Hill

TAKIN THE COMMAAAHND POHST

Christopher Lopez
Christopher Lopez

Not for 60 but I bought Undertale. Even though i could have i didn't refund it. I felt like that's what i get for falling for that shit.

Liam Morris
Liam Morris

Why didn't you like it? Serious question.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page