Serious question: do you plan to still be playing vidya and browsing vidya forums 10, 20, 50 years from now?

Serious question: do you plan to still be playing vidya and browsing vidya forums 10, 20, 50 years from now?

I plan on shitposting for the next sixty years until we hit the technological singularity and cybernetic immortality becomes possible. Then I'll upload my consciousness into the internet and shitpost for eternity.

>do you plan to still be playing vidya and browsing vidya forums 10, 20, 50 years from now?

I don't actually play vidya anymore. I just come here for the nice nostalgic conversations and cropped images.

The old saying: "You are here forever"

Also, I have the chance to get Time Crisis 1 and 3 cabinets, should I go for it?

Yeah. The first one is worth it. The third one is also worth it.

Hopefully dead in the next ten years unironically

I just don't have any interests in other mediums, and haven't for a decade. That might change. Not something to worry about. If you base your identity around media consumption you're a fucking sad person.

Maybe but I doubt it. I'd probably be enjoying retirement traveling the world.

Seeing as most of Sup Forums are mentally impaired NEETs, I expect most Sup Forumsirgins here now to be dead within 10 years. Those that do survive won't have the minimum $1,000,000 needed for retirement and will be homeless or in a shitty Medicaid nursing home with no vidya.

This is pretty much the story behind Deus Ex's antagonist right?

Yeah, why not. Kim Dotcom is over 40 and still browses pol. Also has over 3000h in Destiny1. So why cant I?

Probably 10 to 20. But I can't imagine past that.

Alright faggots, when did you come here and why are you still here ?

I'd stop now and never return if I could.

oldfag and it was April 2004

It's still the best place on the internet

>t. NEET

2012. Despite being inactive for months I still come here because it's fun.

This. I just want to shitpost for the rest of my life and I will be happy.

I don't remember when I came here for the first time. I only remember that pedobear was the new meme (did this word exist back then?) and everybody was talking about boxxy... so maybe 1-2 months ago?

probably, I don't see why I would stop unless I become bored, but who can predict that?

Ill probbably be playing games my whole life I mean ive been playing the last 20+ years no reason to stop. I played through college and into my first real job maybe if I get married have kids I may need to slow down. But stop? Never. As for shitposting on this shit board ill probbaly hang around unless the site changes way to much.

Sometime in 04
Nothing else is really appealing. Even with how much the community and culture has changed, I'd still rather be here.

The elites will not let peasants be part of the singularity, silly. They will merge with AI and kill us all.

Yes.
You guys better not kill yourselves, cause I don't want to be stuck on here with a bunch of kids who won't even be born for another 30 years.

Like 07 I came in on the massive newfag wave ill admit I was also like 14 so go figure. Im still here cause for all the shit this site is still fair the mods arent insanly power hungry mostly. and I like the semi anonymity of it all.

Playing vidya? Probably.

I look at it this way.
Video Games are still a young medium. The elderly only shun them right now because they didn't grow up with it.
But the same elderly right now? Almost every old person in America watches TV, because they grew up on it.
Meanwhile their own grandparents likely all died with, at most, a radio. Because they probably thought TV's were a waste of time.

>2040
>nostalgia threads are about Overwatch, 2, Destiny 5, and PUBG 3

Just kill me now

2006 or 2007 but only started to shitpost around 2012

2009-ish I think.
I'm still here because when I open my browser or I sit on my PC not knowing what to do for just a second, I automatically go to Sup Forums. I can't even stop it. There's nothing for me here anymore, it's not funny, there is no vidya discussion, there is only falseflagging, shitposting and attaching nonsensical political statements to things that have nothing to do with politics.

There's something about this place. But having to sift through page over page of pure shitposting to get to something good is so grating it stopped being worth it years ago. Sup Forums's pessimistic and stunted world view stopped appealing to me for years. It also took a while for me to notice that I don't necessarily agree with Sup Forums's, Sup Forums's and Sup Forums's taste the way I thought I would half a century ago, and that there's nothing wrong with that.

10? Maybe. 20? Eh... 50? GTFO of here.

in 50 years when all anons are senior citizens I'm pretty sure it's gonna be pretty common for old people to play vidya gaems since they grew up with them

I regret my choices
Just came here to shitpost and make buddies, stayed for the exact same reason

Why the fuck not? Video games are fun

I barely play vidya now as it is, life is too stressful to the point where I can't even enjoy vidya when I actually have time to play. Maybe once I finally get back in school and get a decent paying job and am in a better place to where I can actually enjoy living.

>2060
>Sup Forums nursing home
>REEEEE we need more trap nurses
>go back to the Reddit nursing home
>my waifu pillow is soiled

I've already noticed my reaction times are getting worse I tried playing RUINER on normal but I really couldn't get the hang of it so I may have to drop down to easy. I can see myself moving onto slower-paced games as time goes on.
I'm 39

absolutely, at least until i get dementia

>not 2

don't bother

Yeah, they're good games.
I always play that shit whenever i have chance.
Both is good, but i liked 1 better.

Sauce on cropped image?

Was my homepage in early 06. Lurked til 09. Posted a bit in 10, and then fucked off until this year.

>I'm 39

36 here. Please tell me things get better.

Not making six figures by 25? might as well kys it's already over

First came around 06-07 when people told me the faggots blocking my Habbo pool were from here, but was too young to understand the site
Came back around 2011 and actually started browsing.
>tfw unironically used to ask /x/ how to summon a succubus because was lonely nerd

It was after 2006, that's when I was 18, and I wasn't here until a year or two after that, lurked for a long time before posting, where the fuck else will I go?

>Dad comes upstairs and yells at me for wasting my time on video games
>spends the rest of his time watching television
I never understood this

Sure thing, I even purchase some games and store them aside, in order to play them when I'll be older and I'll have more free time. Retired, playing 15h/day, living the dream.

March 06, here forever.

Your life is already set, everything else is temporary. If you have a positive outlook on life that will remain throughout whatever hits you, if you have a negative outlook that will also remain. Even massive life changing events only really have temporary mood effects like winning the lottery or watching your mum die.
Have children if you can

I first came here in 2006, but I left for a while and then came back in 2011. I still browse because every other video game forum is garbage, they're all just e-clique circlejerks full of attention-starved kids trying to make a name for themselves

Will Sup Forums still be around in 50 years?

If you can only get one of them, get 3
Also look out for the Cobra Arcade Game, it's basically Time Crisis 3.5 with the same dev team

No, but that's because I hope to have killed myself by then.

>plan to still be playing vidya
Well of course, it's been part of my life for so long, but i found myself to be less hyped of newer release. Maybe when i get older, i won't bother checking what good game will be released and instead just play older games that i haven't get chance to play.
Video game aside, i don't see any other medium that can entertain me as good as vidya, i don't have any other real hobby too.

Vidya forum is another thing, i never been on proper forum for so long.
Usually lurking to get file fix or troubleshooting, but never really participating on proper discussion.

Only 20, fucked around in school and with my loans, got 3 grand left to pay off so I can get more fucking loans and go back, now that I have a better understanding of how shit life is without a degree and an actual career.

Man you should never come back and embrance the life of normalfags.

There are worse fates.

3 is the best one

I'm 40 now and still play. I will admit either games are getting really shit or I'm getting bored of video games. I figured I'd play with my kids but I had 3 girls in a row then the wife shut down the baby machine and all three of them grew up to be walking normie female stereotypes.

I did embrace the life of normal fags, until i discovered normalfags will betray you behind your back.

At least here, Sup Forums is straight forward about how little fucks they give for you.

Of course not. It's probably gonna last 4 or 5 years tops.

Tbh I would hardly consider myself a gamer anymore, I just lurk to enjoy videogames I'll never be bothered to play vicariously through you guys.

What else would I be doing?

Only underageb& ask such silly questions.

>pretty much everyone claims really early whenever this is asked
How hard some try to fit in...

It's like they think there's some glory to be had or something. I hope they find it.

Of course not.
Sooner or later this site will either get hunted down or bought by the rich.
We either walk separate ways moving on several different chans out there, or living a life of NEET turned into full recluse mode.
Maybe some of us will finally live a life of normies and become a succesful person & manage to get their unrealproject3 into a real video game, who know.

I already stopped playing games, these days I just browse the internet while thinking about killing myself.

2006 or 2007, whenever it was that moot got eaten by a shark. Stopped lurking for a while because I felt like I was above you cancerous shits but obviously not.

Playing? Yes. Forums? No.

Vidya yes. Vidya forums no.

2013. Sue me.

Get the fuck out of this thread you literal child

I think it's around 2011, decided to stick around because i tired of involved in discission that revolved around kissing and sucking dicks or get banned.

>implying we won't all be dead from nukes in the next year at the hands of gooks

>you will never pet this pupper

no thx :^)

This
I still play stuff from time to time but it's almost nothing compared to my underage self

I came before Millhouse was a meme wasn't a meme was a meme, but not when Millhouse was a meme wasn't a meme.
>spoiler
Where else is there to go, rest of the internet is flippin' Facebook now.
And you guys are still my bros and we still help each other sometimes even if a lot of you do bully me about being 30 like I'm some unwelcome old man and it makes me sad

user, I stopped doing all of that 15 years ago. In fact, I'm not even here.

According to the exif data that picture is 11 years old. That dog is most likely dead by now.

I've been coming her all year and those summer fags fucking ruined the place.

I would but I like browsing while waiting for new cool shit to pop up on the reddit front-page

>I'm still here because when I open my browser or I sit on my PC not knowing what to do for just a second, I automatically go to Sup Forums. I can't even stop it.

I wonder to how many people this applies

summer fags are cooler then you stupid fuck

I'm pretty sure that at this point around 80% of Sup Forums are just depressed casuals LARPing as gamers.

rest of the internet is either a hugbox or advertisements

when mt gox was still up and when Sup Forums started to shitpost about the silkroad and tor and onion sites in general.

Yes. I love videogames.

Question is, will I be here by then?
Either retail work will claim my life, or I'll eventually take my own if things dont get any better.

Videogames has always been my escapism. I'm not ashamed to admit that. I'm simply not as strong as I should be. In character or form. But realistically theres not many of us that are truly happy with ourselves either.

Life's a bitch, aint it?

I find it actually kinda fun to browse the same boards on a daily basis. Sometimes I even get interested in a game/movie etc.

Yes. What the fuck else am I going to do?

Yes.
I imagine myself being shit at them. More so than now. I also imagine myself being really tired and not being able to muster the energy to play all that much of it. Since those are effects I can feel already to some extent from just hitting 30~.

But I can't imagine ever giving up on videogames. It'll be harder to keep up with sure. But I've never had another hobby in my entire life and I'll surely try to play them for as long as I can.

>do you plan to still be playing vidya
yes
>browsing vidya forums
no, i can barely stand the underage fags that are fucking everywhere as it is

Do I plan on it? No. Will it probably happen anyway? Yes.

posting on message boards will be a grandpa thing in 20-30 years.

Probably will only play paradox games
Multiplayer games against youngsters with your inferior old man mushy brain seems like hell

first post best post

No because I'll probably just kill myself in a couple years

2006-7, can't remember. 10 years of my life in this hole. 35 now. This is your future faggots.

2 0 0 4 when I was 20.

You should have been fucking them since they were like 5, then they would have turned out right. Way to ruin your girls for everyone.

This. My mum and dad watch hours of TV a night and yet think vidya is a waste of time. Bizarre.