The Evil Within 2

Now that the dust has settled, is it truly the GOTY?

>that writing
it's shit

It's actually terrible. Shit controls, forced zombie spawns, forced cinematic events.

If you like it you probably have no taste at all

Plebs really need not apply here. It's not as good as the first, but it's still decent at times, considering the budget was likely lower too.

>forced zombie spawns

what the fuck is this implying?

wet shirt is wet

First one was better.

>Judging a video game by its writing
ISHYGDDT.

>No Shinji meme mechanics

Kill whitey

kek, do you want me to trashtalk that meme open world or those bugged stealth mechanics and shit AI instead?

ah yes, Sup Forums.

It doesn't feel like a Shinji Mikami game

>made by that dumb asshole who created the DLCs for the first game
>plot is about a little girl because that's all the west can write about instead of following through with the hunt for Sebs wife
>far more glitchy than the first game
>art direction was sacraficed so it could be a generic semi-open wolrd affair
>Seb now looks like Nathan Drake which is was probably on purpose
>FO4 conversation trees in a "horror" game
>forced stealth returns and is completley overpowered
>Ruvik isn't even in the game nor mentioned by name
>the best boss fight is just a rehash of bosses from the first game which says a lot
>Seb is confused and clueless for no good reason

It's the modern Hellraiser of horror games.

>plot is about a little girl because that's all the west can write about instead of following through with the hunt for Sebs wife
Hate this meme so much

Do something different assholes

Its decent. 7/10

I played on nightmare and there was too much stealth for me. The open world sections hurt the pace.

>art direction was sacraficed so it could be a generic semi-open wolrd affair
>art direction effects level design
>retard

it isnt

First one was better because it was a more focused experience.
But this one was not terrible.

>Ruvik isn't even in the game nor mentioned by name
He's mentioned by name in one of the slides.

Kidman's character model for EW1 is top tier

In a legit non-meme shitpost, I think it's a solid game.

I enjoyed the first, but story was crap. Story is still meh but I don't play vidya for the story 90% of the time.

Gameplay feels better, smoother, more polished. I actually like the open areas, it's fun to explore. RPG elements mix it up. Loads to do. Monster designs are fine, shut up.

I had no glitches when I played. The pacing does feel worse, but that's not a huge deal.

It's pretty decent. Best horror title since the first one.

8/10

Also, there is no RPG dialog, it just allows you to choose what info to learn. Doesn't take away other options. So basically, WE DIDN'T MAKE THIS A CUTSCENE, dialog.

Would've been officially GOTY if business district wasn't that simplistic and lame. Member that scene in trailer where Seb standing outside under the rain? Why isn't this in the game?

This. For me it was 9/10 just because we're starving for japanese survival/action horrors and the last hour was sick.

>art direction effects level design

If you were able to read then you would have understood that "semi-open world affair" is describing more than the level design. Because the first game was more straightforward they were able to introduce a lot of concepts that you can only get in a level based game but because of the open nature of the sequel things had to be toned down so the game would run well and unfortuently the scope meant we lost a lot of personality that the first game had.

Huh. Well scratch that then but he really should have returned.

I keep hearing that Nightmare difficulty is mostly stealth? Is survival the mode to play through the first time

Solid game not as good as the first.

Must play if you like survival horror since there is nothing else out right now.

I did my p/t on survival mostly in stealth. Was always full af on ammo and game felt pretty easy once you level up stealth perks

I'm 5 hours on Survival after having cleared it on nightmare. Kinda wished I played it like this at first. It's easier but you can actually shoot enemies without worrying too much about your ammo and they go down in a more believable way as opposed to the fucking bullet sponges they are on nightmare.

5/10. Average gameplay, eye-rolling cinematics. Open world sections were all right on Nightmare when I was scrambling to find resources and survive. Bosses were generally forgettable, and the whole thing suffers from being another "Devs with anxiety about kids" game.

The game difficulties should change the name to

>Shooting
>Switching
>Stealth

christ all these capcom marketers shiting on the game. you faggots are so easy to spot its comical

> not as good as ew1
Holy fuck what is this cancer meme? First one was clunky shit af. I bet you are those faggots who shitpost on dark souls threads and keeps derping about MUH DS1 and 2 ARE BETTER than DS3.
Fucking kys.

ds3>ds2>ds1

yet ew1 is >>>>>>>>>>>>ew2 fuck off with your shit opinion.

I liked it, I'm doing my second playthrough right now. I'm really sad at how low it's selling. I wanted The Evil Within to be a large franchise like Resident Evil or Silent Hill but now we'll be lucky if TEW2 even gets some DLC adventures like The Assignment/Consequence. TEW3 never ever

Kys faggot. First ew is almost garbage with bad level design and unbalanced waves of enemies, shitty graphics snd bad story telling. You fucking suck dick, tasteless cuck

I can not stop hating this game.

It's like the developers couldent have an origional idea if their lives depended on it. Why is it suddenly the last of us with zombies? Why is all the mystery zapped out of the beginning of the game. I've already had one glitch that caused me to have to replay the annoying bossfight with the blinker artist faggot. I want my money back. I was tricked. If you like video games dont get tricked into buying this garbage. It's fucking GARBAGE.

lyl ew2 does all those things you mentioned in a worse way.
You must be blind.

finished the game yesterday
man, this game's good, don't really have any complaints aside from the clunky combat controls

I dont get the comparisons with tlou

tlou is a masterpiece that plays nothing like this.

Evil Within 1:
> shit level design
> awful fps
> shitty pace
> bad writing
> unnoticable soundtrack
> b-but muh Mikami

Because the first is kino. Tasteless weeaboos would not understand.

>ew2 does all those things you mentioned in a worse way

>shitty graphics
>bad story telling
no

Troll harder, 3rd world neckbeard

Zoom up on the ps1 textured grass effects. It also had far fewer significant shots and absolutely abysmal stage design.

You pretty much described the sequel instead.

> Played ew2 on youtube
Kino is 2, you dumb cuck

>shit level design
Just simply not true, it was one of the strongest points up until the city.
>awful fps
Technical issue, valid
>shitty pace
"Pacing" is a meme criticism for hacks. Not to mention TEW specifically threw conventional pacing out the window, the setup allowed it.
>bad writing
Yes
>unnoticable soundtrack
m-m-mmuh soundtrack

the violins with piano is cool enough.

I fucking hate Kidman; game seems fun though, I like the safe rooms.

you fucking nigger ew2 looks much worse than ew1 you are blind.

the story is arse on both games

Maybe the environment but models look 100x better.

>you fucking nigger ew2 looks much worse than ew1 you are blind.
lol
>the story is arse on both games
storytelling is not the same as the story itself you dumbass lmao

Combat is the best thing about EW1 and it sucks in 2. It's a completely different game made for people who want a TLoU stealth.

>Not liking Childmale.
Shit taste detected.

>the story is arse on both games
tew2 has less logic holes and has background fluff that actually world builds. Imagine fucking that. A horror game with good storytelling

Seriously why would they remove matches???? why

oh to make room for being able to carry five bottles for stealth. nice

Hey tlou stealth is actually good. I just wanted the combat from EW1.

>combat is the best thing about EW1

Prolly cause no one in this game has fire trauma.

Also because fire was Ruvik's fear, so doesn't make sense in this.

Still wish they left tho. Not justifying, just saying.

>tew2 has less logic holes and has background fluff that actually world builds.
More like it's plainly spelled out for simpletons like you.

I think this is the most divisive game on Sup Forums right now.

first one was better

TLoU stealth is okay, but this game has bad AI. It's just not for me, which sucks because I loved the first one.

>Seriously why would they remove matches???? why
Ruvik and his stuff was weak to fire because of his childhood trauma with the barn. The Lost aren't connected to Ruvik so they don't have the weakness to fire.

Kys tasteless faggot
EW2 is 9/10 top tier game and a pleb filter.

>plainly spelled out
There are entire events and locations that are nothing but scenery based world building. World building. Which you're confusing with plot yet call others simpletons.

I'm sorry but adolescentgentleman is 2rude4me; she shot my boy.

So which character/enemy in TEW2 has bottle trauma to justify being able to carry 5 stealth bottles at a time?

this

Things like having stealth or a cover system. Fighting literal zombies that you can sneak kill from behind. Finding bottles that can be thrown to distract enemies into investigating them.
These ideas were all ripped from TLOU and it feels like the developers were thinking "if it worked then why wouldn't it work in our game."

I've got fonder memories from the first Evil Within. I'm not sure why..

Stop repeating yourself, cuck
I know you haters are aaaalways samefagging since muh ds2 cancerity

It was, you just didn't play it and are shitposting.

What a retarded statement. That's like saying you can't punch people without a fist trauma.

The point was fire COMPLETELY destroyed the shit. Aka weakness/fear.

sebastian, shown right at the beginning of the game, in fact

those ideas have been implemented in many other games before TLOU.

And I liked the original Evil Within better.

Sebastian since he's a drunk again; I guess alcohol was the evil within.

lol this too.

Now you're describing the first game.

But ds2 is good faggot.

Its almost as if fans of the first game didnt want the open sections nor the tedious stealth with bad AI

Pisses me off how all we get on Joseph is a tiny tidbit from the slides. He's alive? Yeah, we figured that out in the first game. Where is he? What's he doing? You can't leave something huge like this hanging.

>sebastian uses his own trauma on himself

>people that didn't agree with me are shitposters
Kill yourself.

>doesn't show the time played

lols

You don't kill enemies with bottles. You make loud noises. You can do the exact same thing by shooting one of your previous few harpoon bolts close enough or breaking a window

I thought he used bottles on the enemies?

>he's so autistic that he doesn't get the joke
I forgot I'm on Sup Forums

>cropped out playtime

HMMM really makes me enrage my almonds.

its just a cheap way to exclude a core mechanic that actually gave the combat some flavor in the original.

It's done poorly here. They check out a broken bottle within 10 feet of them but ignore a gunshot. The melee is weak and carrys no weight. I'm on chapter 10 and I just ejected it from my system and put it back in the box. Will return tomorrow.

Thanks for proving my point, brainless human trash

Glad you're not shitposting, now all you need is to get better taste.

Actually I didn't want to show that I uninstalled the game. I beat it in 6 hours and then spent 3 hours faffing about in it before uninstalling it.

You were saying?

You literally kill enemies with bottles

It's frogposter scum, m8

No you don't.

>getting this upset over an opinion

only on Sup Forums , take your meds and play your inferior sequel.

user you literally do. You throw it at their head to stun them then you get a free "stealth" kill

>6 hour runthrough on normal at worst
>thinks he can talk shit

did you literally just sprint past everything? wow way to out yourself as a total pleb

you still have to use the knife

Why would you care showing you uninstalled? lol

> Didn't even watch it on youtube
And this scum posting itt? Wow..

Were bottles more useful in the first game? I sware in the sequel they make a really small circle of sound when in the first game they'd hear that shit from a long ways away. They pretty much need to be standing next to you for a bottle to work now.

>a stealth kill
With a knife.

Do you pull out your knife to kill something when you set it on fire with a match?