17. [NSW] Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 – 3,815 / 44,239
18. [3DS] Dragon Quest XI – 3,659 / 1,741,582
19. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf – Welcome amiibo – 3,497 / 253,665
20. [PS4] Yoshiwara Higanbana Kuon no Chigiri – 3,396 / NEW

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Rouy7DTTTAs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How does Splatoon do it?

Can Splatoon 2 be stopped? 1.2 million in Japan alone is huge.

Lolis and spats.

>6. [PS4] Lost Sphear – 7,363 / NEW
>9. [NSW] Lost Sphear – 5,770 / NEW

Yeesh.

>Nintendo creates a loli + shooting game
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Splatoon 2 is not going to be stopped it's just getting started, going to pass 2 million this year in Japan by the looks of it.

I wonder why no one tried this before.

They have and failed miserably

Pokken's holding up pretty decently.

It's a romhack of I am Setsuna which was already made with no budget, so those numbers are probably profitable. Interesting how the split between systems is pretty even, Square Enix must be happy with that at least.

Mario Odyssey, BotW, and Splatoon 2 will all sell 10 mil+ lifetime. What a crazy lineup of year 1 titles. Hell, even Mario Kart 8 will get very strong sales since no one bought the Wii U.

It's going to outsell every single console game this generation before the holidays even start.

>Give studio that you made to "make classic jrpgs fans love" basically no budget to do anything and so they reuse assets with new coats of paint
What do you expect? Idk why the bravely default team just gets the money they need to make their games to their level of quality but Tokyo rpg factory gets $20 and a free movie ticket that expires tomorrow to make theirs

I literally had to google that shit, you telling me the guys from Setsuna made another game? wew

>when your brand new game can't outsell a 50 year old 3DS furry walking simulator

That said if the first game of the week is a 20K it's really a slow, slow week

>Japan
wake me up when Nintendo surpasses Sony's worldwide sales.

If they release an Animal Crossing and a mainline Pokemon game, the Switch is going to print money

If you're talking about Yoshiwara Higanbana, that's a VN that's been out for 2 years. This is just the PS4 port

Xboxone selling more than the PS3. Microsoft is back in the game baby.

Tokyo RPG Factory.

To be fair it's well executed and has a lot of style and it's not your typical shooting game

>”modern rpgs are the shit so we make old school and saving genre!!!!”
>game is pointless,copypasted and lazy shit

Many times

And a Waifu Emblem game down the road that gets proper marketing, normies will get hooked since it'll be their first Fire Emblem game ever for a lot of them (Look at how much that Etika guy loved it before he dropped it)

And then Metroid Prime 4 to steal some of Halo's shine around E3 time, it's gonna be fun

And yet the other retro-focused Square Enix studio is making great and successful games like Bravely and (hopefully once it's out) Octopath Traveller.

Don't you mean lolis and splats?

NINTENDO WON

Its shit, looks like a phone game its shallow and mediocre in everything

Bravely second bombed and I dont expect octopussy traveler to do great

It's Japan's first shooter. They're going through their Doom/Quake period finally. The shooters start here.

Octopath is gonna be amazing
>comfy art style
>SMT-style combat with weaknesses and turn bonuses
>8 unique character with 8 unique environmental/social interactions
>even has unique joy con rumbles for everything

I love everything about splatoon except the gameplay so I didnt buy the game
RPG when
Rhythm game when
Anime when

Anything that isnt a shooter when

>Bravely second bombed
700,000+ copies sold worldwide, down from Default's 1 million, but it reused the engine and many assets so its profitability had to be similar. It didn't bomb at all.

Slow week, huh

?

3DS still has PS4 outsold. By the time PS4 catches up to it, Switch will be even bigger.

They like COD and Battlefield though.
That's like saying PUBG is our first Battle Royale game.

But nobody liked it right
Ive never seen anything positive said about it ever

I like it better than Default.

There, now you have.

I didnt like it at all, the pixels rape my eyes and I love NES looks but this is style is jarring
The story also felt preachy and heavy handed

You aren't a real person

We're all virtual little girls in your head, user.

kek

>CoD
>Battlefield
>Japan

They like it; but they don't make it user. Splat is basically Japan's first real attempt an arena shooter. The west has been making shooters for more than 20 years.

People have. They just didn't make them mechanically interesting enough. It's basically shovelware designed by people that make low budget titles for the Vita with absolutely no experience in shooter titles, much less action games in general.

Read up on Splatoon's garage team. Yeah, these guys pretty much only did potboiler work with the highest profile stuff being Mario Kart, but these guys really played a lot of multiplayer shooters before they really went past Splatoon's prototype phase. It's why you see things like the map cycle, because FPS players have a habit of only wanting to play a few maps with a few weapons(e.g. dust2/2fort/Nuketown in their respective titles).

Splatoon is objective-based and only passively rewards you for kills in the sense that you deny your enemy time to make a play on the objective, whether it be inking turf in the default mode or some specific territory control, etc.

Silicon Studios is not owned by Squeenix so they just refuse to work with budgets as low as Tokyo RPG Factory gets, I guess.

First, that's not true as mech simulation has shooter gameplay by design, Vanquish and Binary Domain shit on most modern TPS in core design, and Gunslinger Stratos is a hybrid TPS/Arena Shooter where you're locked onto people's location but your accuracy is based on your own aiming.
2nd, Splatoon sure as shit isn't gonna be a core design philosophy behind numerous games. There's so much polish you can't fuck out in a clone.

There's already clones though so you're full of shit. Splatoon is wildly successful and you're fucking retarded if you think Japan, the number 1 guys at copy pasting any vaguely successful idea to make money are not going to do the same thing for Splat.

Splatoon has been out for a few years, Nintendo already made a sequel. How long for the copycats to appear?

There's a rhythm game inside of Splatoon 2

>There's already clones
youtu.be/Rouy7DTTTAs
Nigga, do you expect people to not even look up a video?
Heck, it plays more like Gunslinger Stratos. The only thing it took was the water gun premise.

That game has nothing in commong with Splatoon. you'd know if you actually checked what you are talking about instead of parroting some famous neogafer you consider to be your god and savior

Well, there's a manga at least.

Mario Kart 8 isnt even close to the Wii U sales, nor nearly as fast selling.

Well to be fair, it could get a massive boost this winter. After all, Mario Kart sales are evergreen.

Fire emblem is so dead in Japan Even they don't give a shit to fe heroes haha

FEW fall again and the 3ds version is not even in the list anymore.

Bravely default got several news about how successful it was. Bravely second got nothing since release.

Who cares? FEW was just tossed out there to pad the release schedule.

PS4 will pass 3DS by the end of this year.

Actually according to MC, MK8D is selling faster.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Mario Kart 8 deluxe is OUSTELLING the original launch alligned

>it could get a massive boost this winter

Not when the real mario game is gonna get pushed this winter

Mario Kart 8 + deluxe will top at 30 million copies.

Literally the Wii all over again.

>Splatoon 2 – 19,622 / 1,232,523

>Xbox One - 71
kek, every time. Those japanese are very funny.

>63 vs 67 million

#basedsony

>Monster Hunter XX – 3,966 / 155,634

FUCK CRAPCOM!
BTFO !

AHHAHAHAHA

I vare because i want FEW to crash and burn, so this pleases me.

What do news articles have anything to do with the hard sales data I posted? Bravely Default got those because it sold better than Square Enix anticipated, mostly in the West.

3DS is getting another Pokémon game so it'll sell a few more units yet.

>no Metroid: Samus Returns

Why did it have to be this way, bros?

It's pretty old by now, it sold a lot better than expected in nipland

Needs more waifu

3DS sells at about 9 million a year. PS4 sells at 20 million a year. You can be sure just like when PS4 passes WiiU people here will keep quiet though.

And the BD team still decides to go for artistic diarrhea like Octopath.
I'm still getting it for the stories and the gameplay, but dammit I thought we left brown&bloom in 2010.

where is mvci?

>September has a Tellius focus
>does poorly

It was out of the charts by its second week.

Japan never like Metroid, the abomination that was a Other M was an athem ti pander to japan.

People were already quiet even when 3DS was passing 40, 50, 60 mil. Stop justifying your shitty fanbase tendencies.

>And then Metroid Prime 4 to steal some of Halo's shine around E3 time, it's gonna be fun

I'm curious what 3rd party company will work on that

Yeah, people stayed quiet because 3DS is Nintendo's worst selling handheld lmao

Does anyone outside of Japan actually give a fuck about these figures? I think the #1 spot tells you all you need to know about Japan's shit taste.

You'd think with these Splatoon sales they could improve on this horrible update schedule, increase the tickrate and fix the ranked system

shadow of war is a newly released lotr game
its bound to be the highest selling in most countries

And the best selling gaming console this gen. Speaks more to this gen than handheld sales as a whole.

Nigga what?
Which miracle country do you live in where they actually support niche games that aren't hyped by first party like Cuphead or Journey?

Japan is why we got Other M
Japan has fucking awful taste

Do you actually think that Nintendo is staffed by mouthbreathing retards? That they accidentally lowered the tickrate because they're just so damn incompetent?
Splatoon 2 is designed to be played by the Japanese on their commutes. The low tick rate is a deliberate decision to make it playable on train wifi and mobile networks.

Shadow of War is legitimately fun user.

Not for long. Despite 3DS's 3 year head start, PS4 will pass it in by Jan 1 2018

>qtes the game
>fun
Even running in that game feels off

Asura's Wrath is fun and that game is 90% QTes.

That's idiotic. All they did was put a cap on how good the connection could be. That doesn't help the people on worse connections. They make everyone "laggy" so that people with shit connections won't be worse than the average?

Didn't know lotr was big in Japan.

20k on release week is bad even for Japan, user.

Of course nobody does, we aren't a vidya department with all sales data to fully analyze it and understand it. However it is a good sample to identify flops, succeses, tendencies and performance. This knowledge can be later applied to analyze if a new IP was received successfully, if a sequel on other (new/old IPs) can be expected or if it was a really bad idea.
>inb4 but that's just Japan's slice of the cake
Sure it centers in Japan only but for many of us specially fans of niche series (already with localization plans or not) this can be a useful tool so we can expect those or give up

The sandbox in Shadow of Mordor is legitimately fun to fuck around in. I'm pretty sure they're busy swapping stories on their train to work about how their nemesis hunted them across continents