Why are Square allowed to make such statements?

Why are Square allowed to make such statements?

Isn't it detrimental to the company image and the brand?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eqnAiTLTRf4
youtube.com/watch?v=TXKmCD86hHU
dualshockers.com/rumor-square-enix-seeking-developers-numbered-game-super-famous-rpg-series/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Weird, but accurate thing to say after the game has been completed already.

given SE's major library is mostly PC games after the Eidos aquisition, it's a business decision to still support the PC.

No, its actually good for the company in the sense that it restores PC users' faith in the company to some degree, as they have a somewhat shaky history with PC releases, especially with Nier Automata.

why was nier automata port so shit then if its so easy? what did he mean by this?

Tabata has been shoving shit out (and up) his ass for the last 3 years

Honestly, it probably is though. The PS4 is a machine with very specific hardware and architecture. It's not "le Cell xD"-tier, but it's still probably easier to build something for a PC.

I'm sure it's just a poorly-worded article. They probably mean the porting process.

FFXV is an in-house Square title
Nier Automata is a Platinum title, so they were making a port of a game they didn't develop themselves

Easier to develop on a platform you can brute-force with raw hardware so you can work on it more efficiently while optimizing it.

Whodathunk?

>game is stuck at 1280x720
>changing the resolution to my monitor's native resolution does nothing except cut the framerate in half
>if you exit the game you have to press alt+enter to get out of the white screen when you go back
that port has some really headscratching issues

FF12 PC HD WHEN

Don't use fullscreen mode and download Kaledian's FAR mod and that should fix those issues.

because sega != square enix?

If you're wondering what they mean, it's because XV barely worked on consoles, even 4 months away from release. The engine is shit.

to this day not fixed by the devs, you need some salty autist fags mod to even fix it

In fairness that's probably more the console's fault than the game though. Consoles aren't exactly known for their staggering power.
>that framepacing

I'd be willing to bet sometime shortly after February of next year. Square still has Star Ocean 4 to port and then after that they've got FFXV and Secret of Mana. After those are taken care of they'll be free to port something else.

If the X/X-2 HD Remaster is anything to go by, it'll come out on PC July 11. The X/X-2 HD Remaster came out exactly 1 year to the day from the PS4 release. That could be what's going on here, especially considering its done by the same company.

The engine wasn't built for open worlds and isn't that great of an engine either. That's why SE dumped it for KH3 and moved onto Unreal.

Ironically enough, the FFXIII engine fucked over FF Versus XIII and FFXIV too. They don't have good luck.

game is made on PC first anyway

Sounds like PC-port gaming in general? Y'all seemed to love Dark Souls 1 and its "Japanese PC port" experience.

cant wait for the switch port

>FF12 PC HD WHEN
already back in 2010.

It'll be interesting to see FF15 on PC. Not inherently because it's such an amazing game or anything, but it'll be fun to see what modders can do with it.

Japs have really been looking for a way into PC gaming for a while, and not really found it because the crowd on that platform are very different, but Square putting the peak of their flagship on there is a ballsy move.

I'll buy it just to see if how their attempt to finally break into the PC scene turns out.

if only it was easier for them to make a game that was actually good

You never blame the console, you blame the planners and engineers. FFXV looked last-gen in quite a few spots if it weren't for the unnecessarily overdetailed party members.

Baby steps user. Maybe by ff 25 we will.

Had a genuine chuckle.

>not using the widescreen hack

Why couldn't left alive just be a mech game? For fucks sake squeenix, you had one job.

Looks great but
>low res UI
Plus the remastered soundtrack made an already great OST even better
youtube.com/watch?v=eqnAiTLTRf4
youtube.com/watch?v=TXKmCD86hHU

>playing 4:3 games in widescreen
and yeah I know of FOV fixes, but the forced WS tends to break visual elements anyway.

>game is made on PC first anyway
Yeah than and PC being the LEAD PLATFORM really helped the port of Automata.
When will you faggots learn that tools used mean shit?

But FFXII already has widescreen support to a degree in-game.

>The PS4 is a machine with very specific hardware and architecture.
It's not that the PS4 has crazy unique hardware - it's fairly off the shelf type shit - it's most likely that its CPU is shit. They had to heavily thread out any task, which is the bane of modern programmers, because they were trying to run it on a 1.8GHz AMD Athlon. Even toaster tier PCs are going to have something better than that.

Only on the international version which is what everyone should be emulating anyways.

>You never blame the console
I do see why you'd say this. In theory you can't blame a canvas for what's painted on it.

They're pushing games that look too pretty and demand too much onto consoles that can't handle it. And yeah, I blame the devs for that, but they're just trying to make good on the promises the console made: that it'd handle it.

Neither are blameless, but IMO the console holds the lion's share for making these staggeringly stupid claims that it can handle games that are this demanding.

>more efficiently while optimizing it.
Nice tautology, but not really
>brute-force with raw hardware
This is the real and the reason most devs don't give a shit about optimization for PC

>he thinks widescreen and stretching are the same

>FF15 for PC
Can't wait for the replace backstreet boys with Aranea, Iris, Cidney and Lunafreya mods

To me, the problem with 12 wasn't the resolution or the UI or the OST.

The game itself told a boring story with the dullest protagonist since Firion.

You can ice that cake as much as you want but if the cake's made of shit, it'll still taste like shit.
>food analogies

When I see Rockstar got GTA5 on all fucking things, and Konami with MGS5, running smooth on last-gen hardware, I can't help but put the blame more on Square Enix. You build for the hardware, you don't overshoot it and then dial back the sliders.

There was hardly anything technical about XV's presentation that would lead it to barely running at the framerate it did. Large open field with LoD's tree and grass appearing five feet in front of you, recycled rock props all over the map to allow for geometry instancing, with the worst implementation of a SSR mapping I've seen in a modern game.

they're catering to retarded game journalists again

Of course it is literally any amateur can make a PC game

It's sad because the developers said that open world was a bad idea, but Tabata said put it in, even if it sucks/is empty.

According the only accurate leak we got about the game, they had have the open world in separate zones because the game couldn't handle it. And this was a few months before release.

Should have released ff13 versus ps3 then put it on pc, ps4, x1. Now we're stuck with ff15

To make that statment it's either
1.the code for the console version is a fucking mess.
or
2.the PC version will be awful because they optimised it for 5% of users.

I'm going to bet on 2.

Personally, I'm starting to think that Japs just can't code, or just don't care about performance at all.

They could have doubled-down on loadingscreen tunnels in your car to make it work as a band-aid solution.

japs dont understand computer period. they still use fax machines over there.

How so?

>back in 2010
user, I actually took that picture and this one in 2009.

Most companies in america still have fax machines user.

To this day there are still a good chunk of developers in Japan programming with the game logic tied to the fucking framerate.

This is a little off-topic, but I'm gonna' go ahead and say it anyway. Where is the FF16 info?

I know FF15 needed to sell out the ass (as you can see by the endless array of phonegames and other cashgrabs) but this is probably the longest we've gone between a mainline FF title and at least an announcement of the sequel.

Hell we can't even speculate about FF16 as we have literally nothing to go on.

yea. for doing business with japan

>porting is easy as fuck lmao
>can't be bothered to make a good game

>It's sad because the developers said that open world was a bad idea, but Tabata said put it in, even if it sucks/is empty.
Tabata was right.

They're going to milk XV for awhile before even considering a XVI. So look forward to the upcoming XV Comrades, alongside XV Pocket Edition, with eventual prequel FFXV-II.

I visited Japland recently and you'd be surprised how far back they are. Most of the computers in their tech industry still use Windows XP (not that it's a bad operative system mind you, but you'd think the bleeding edge of technology would have abandoned an operative system that literally does not get security patches anymore?).

>they still use fax machines over there.
Get a load of this clueless fag

The game already was 16:9 retards.

>implying we won't get 10 years of FFXV like we did with FF13, especially in this age of gaming

just move onto xenoblade or SMT my dude, alternatively bite the bullet and go with FF14

>Where is the FF16 info?
It just started development 5 months ago.

dualshockers.com/rumor-square-enix-seeking-developers-numbered-game-super-famous-rpg-series/

From what I gather, most people working in offices barely know how to use PCs. They still rely on fax machines too.

The older brass in Japan are very backwards and need to go.

>FFXV-2

>tfw XVI ends up being a lootbox driven co-op Monhon style experience with a linear 'story' mode set of missions on the side

I'm starting to believe you've never been inside an office or worked a day in your life.

Very consolephobic statement to make. Even if technically true, there should be no room for this kind of hatred in our industry.

This is such an insane practice when you think about it. Especially considering most consoles can't hold a steady 30 (forget about 60) fps.

And when PCs that can just bruteforce it, it's even wilder because they aren't ALLOWED over 30 fps because that'll break the game.

It's 2017 for crying out loud.

I'm pretty sure that's just Tabata's new IP.

I don't think anyone cares about FF12 for the story

I sure don't, it's my second favorite FF because it's combat is so fun and would be my most favorite if I gave a single shit about anything that happened in the story

>Observational statement
>Hatred
do you even listen to yourself

But it was the definitive version.

they deliberately limit tech

one of the reasons they still use p is precisely because it lacks most of the nsa backdoors, the ones responsible for all the big data leaks

be careful before you make ignorant statements

Wow, just wow. I can't believe I'm seeing someone defend that kind of bigotry in the year 2017. It's not the 90's anymore grandpa, consoles are equal to us.

>Where is the FF16 info?
Hopefully not coming until the game is already near completion. This bullshit of announcing a game when it's just a concept is retarded, and how we got into the FFvXIII/XV situation in the first place. But of course that'll never happen with SE. They did the same exact thing with 7R.
If there was only 1 good thing Fallout 4 did, it was Bethesda announcing it at E3 with a November release.

I just hope we get a proper final fantasy setting not this shitty modern day host club boys fantasy shit again. I haven't bought a numbered mainline Final Fantasy since XII.

Are you implying there's some kind of technological difference between PC and consoles? What are you, some sort of PC supremacist!?

Remember not to lewd the Prompto's or you will never ever get a PC Version of an FF Game again!

You think they'd just move onto the cheap world of RPi consoles which have zero backdoors.

this so much

One of the main reasons I was interested in 14 at all was the appeal of a modern FF that actually has a traditional fantasy setting

Does anyone really give a shit about the boring urban scifi of 13 and 15?

15 had been stated to be the last shot before they give up. the market has changed and no one likes triple a rpgs anymore

>We will get Aranea, Cidney, Gentiana, Luna and Iris nudes soon
>Gentiana already has a nude model in the game
>Other females could too

>caring about FFXV
>when the superior Square Enix PC port is just around the corner

watch me nigger

>nudes are the only thing good about xv
Damn shame

not user friendly. also only autists like linu

>tote 4K
>screenshots are all 1080p
>nothing is remastered

I'm buying 2017 JRPGs not some fucking fanservice pedo simulator. This is the future, gramps.

I'm very interested in seeing what other beta content from Versus XIII is in the game. Pic related is in XV's files and was never shown to the public when Versus was a thing, only internally and private.

I want to pat Iris head!

They could always run Win10 on it if they so desire and keep it off the network.

I get it my man, Gladio isn't really my thing but I can respect a good barafag like you.

Oh shit, that would be interesting
How long after release does it usually take for people to find the buried content
>t. clueless fag

True, but FF are story-driven games at the end of the day. And it's not like FF12 is smart about it. Quite the contrary, FF12 tries really hard to pretend that it's got a good story. Which shows such an insane lack of self-awareness.

nonfunctional in office environs

jp is not as behind as portrayed. but they discard baggage.

big surprise they also have primitive facilities for treating gunshot victims and obesity

As soon as it's out most likely. The only guy that did it on the PS4 somehow won't share how or what he found. He had genuine Gentiana nudes, nipples and all but never showed the fully uncensored version.

Except the soon-to-be 10 million people who bought FF15.

funny enough pretentious idiots that failed hs english love 12