twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

not by me

youtube.com/watch?v=Rw1DivGCAv4

>Dead meme game, nobody will be talking about it a week after release

>implying
it's easily the best of supergiant's games

inb4 you-know-what

Savage

It was a good, solid game with next to no controversy surrounding it, so of course Sup Forums would forget about it quickly.

huge fucking disappointment

Haha holy fuck

fuck

Tekken 7

that was presented cool as fuck
too bad it had so many bugs it should have been a Betheseda game

the moment procgen levels were revealed should've been a major red flag

tfw its still heavily populated and it fills the global agenda shaped hole in my heart albeit poorly

What a coincidence, I just finished this game and I loved it

>Global agenda
That still fucking hurts me I miss the fuck outta game.
I was an engineer main
Fuck Recon

>Lets make an enginner
>That can make a healing station
>With rocket turret that fucking rekts everything but isn't a stealth recon
>Oh and a shotgun that does quite a bit of damage

binding of isaac has procedurally generated levels, and that means they would be great in a first person shooter
spire is doomed isn't it

store.steampowered.com/app/439190/Stories_The_Path_of_Destinies/
Did any of you guys even play this?

I want to marry Jodariel!

I really did not care for Pyre at all, which is a shame because I love the other two.

well, actua-
fuck, you got me there

there was a small flare-up when people discovered you could choose to not be referred to with gendered pronouns, but the setting has tree people and such so it's not really a big deal

they committed pretty hard to it though since there are three groups of ending songs for all three reader choices on top of the character-specific liberations

It had the misfortune of being released the same week as Dream Daddy, which is a shame because this might be my favorite Supergirant's game.

>not sandra

Crystalballwaifu is the best desu

Dream Daddy has roughly twice the sales of Pyre. I doubt that's where Pyre's audience went.
I want to go back in time and help her assassinate the Emperor and his Scribes.

I hoped to the last minute that there will be a way to release her. As it stands she will still trapped after he Reader dies, alone again.

>yfw THE BEYONDER CRYSTAL SEEKS YOU

you'll pass her on to all those kids you made with...hm

bertrude can have her maybe

THEY FOLLOW THE STARS
BOUND TOOOGETHEEEER

I did. It's a neat little game, but the branching paths aren't as exciting as they should be.

First of all the game is so short you complete one timeline in about an hour, as I recall. Secondly the alternative endings are like "dead ends" in a visual novel rather than actual endings. The game is open about that, there is an actual, real happy ending to the game, so the rest are just dead ends you know to avoid. After a couple tries you unlock the best ending and it's really obvious how to get it. I tried a couple other paths for fun, but really you can get the true one without playing over half of the others.

The gameplay is simple but fun enough, and narration is very good so I don't regret my money or anything. But it's no surprise people don't remember it.

i want to go back in time and make love to Sandra and stop Erisa from pushing Oralech off the mountain
why do you want to assassinate them? if it weren't for them wouldn't the titans ruin everything?

my nigga

>you'll pass her on to all those kids you made with
Tamitha of course

>yfw I TOO CAN READ MY KIN

Does anyone really remember any Super Giant game?

Bastion is pretty well remembered, it pops up in game discussions and comparisons regularly. Transistor less so, although personally I liked it more. And their games are always brought when talking vidya OSTs.

>the 1 english line
>mind tricking manley
>making the voice bitch and bluff about the traitor in your ranks
volfred had the most memorable moments easily

>making the voice bitch and bluff about the traitor in your ranks
>and nobody buys his shit

i dunno oralech is more memorable to me
>True Nightwings theme
>him showing up in the wagon
>the final decision whether to give him his freedom

wtf i didn't mean to post that pic

i liked it

the music was worse than transistor

I don't get why anyone would give up their freedom for Oralech. I mean, sure, he got fucked the most out of any character in the game and it sucks really bad, but what does that have to do with your situation?

>the music was worse than transistor
youtube.com/watch?v=5LMZYnOml54

i did it because i wanted to keep all my companions in the downside

This is one of the best-selling games of the year, it still makes top 10 every month in some regions. Sup Forums doesn't talk about it because it's bland as fuck.

more on the lyrical front

Out of sense of justice and good ol' self-sacrifice, I guess.
Besides, the game makes it clear that for some people life in the downside means more freedom than outside. So depending on how you distribute your companions the Reader may do well enough in there. Also Oralech is a doctor and does a lot of good when freed.

I think the music is a bit weaker when listened separately, but works spectacularly in game.

yeah, problem is 2/3 of the big showstopper tracks have like 24 permutations each, so the melody had to be a bit more repetitive to compensate

still think never to return is better than any other supergiant track besides build that wall

this was getting threads for a while, wasn't it a Sup Forums darling?

SGG should just make Bastion 2

You know, why not? Every SGG has been slightly worse than the previous one. Bastion handled tight and had fun customization. Transistor had fun customization. Pyre had...

Undertale

Story
Bastion > Transistor > Pyre

Gameplay
Pyre > Transistor > Bastion

It's so easy, too. They just have to set it in the old country after they fly away from Caelondia.

That would literally undermine the theme of the game, you dolts. Did you even understand what Bastion was supposed to be about?

Did YOU?

I set my sail.

Yes. It's overcoming regret and moving on from failure/disaster/tragedy. To look forward and no back. The evacuation ending is just a metaphor for the player moving on from what ever he left behind, embracing what lies ahead

But that's just a theory.A GAEYEM THEEERY!

So the ending of the game is a metaphor for the ending of the game?

>gameplay
>pyre
delete this

I unironically loved the NBA jam. Always had Yslach enabled. Only lost 3 rites, never a single liberation rite.

No, that's pretty obvious, actually. Fuck you, you postmodernist cunt.

Go to bed, Matpat.

Kys, post modernist.

Who knows what Reader will become later in life.
Ending hints at that he may match the Scribes one day and get a star of his own.

No.

It's easily the worst of supergiants games, tight pacing matters.

I think Pyre was my favorite to play. It felt like a really unique idea where as Bastion felt like just a really simple hack n slash and Transistor fell into a really awkward middle ground where it did nothing particularly well, overwhelmed you with too many options, and then you broke the game with one combo or another and never changed it up.

I liked it the most out of all of SGG's games and it's my favourite game of 2017.
I do think it has a pretty major flaw though, and that's that you don't really get to see any of your companion's stories conclude. Their backstories happen off-screen; you see the mid-points of their stories, then the conclusion happens off-screen. It's an interesting structure and might kind of be the point and I give it props for that, but I'm still conflicted on whether or not I feel satisfied with the conclusion we do get. The three act structure exists for a reason and there is room to mess with it a little by, say, not showing the beginning, or leaving the ending to the imagination but you simply can't only show one act of the story and have it still be satisfying. We don't see the fruits of the character's developments throughout the story, we only get a little from the snippets after liberating them and a short epilogue for each character. On one hand it kind of works because you're invested in the characters by that point, but on the other hand the story leans really hard on telling rather than showing.

I guess my problem with it is that it's kind of toothless. Most of the characters only have very minor growth by the end, like the dialogue is spread too thin between them, but I know they had plenty of time to develop the characters more having played it and seeing that a large amount of the interactions between the characters is basically just substanceless fluff. They could have developed the characters further, but they simply didn't.