Why was he the villain, exactly?

Why was he the villain, exactly?

Tried to steal your body to rule his company again.

>Telltale was going to allow you to actually side with Jack and have the choice matter
>Gearbox said no

because he was white and successful

He was blue user, what are you stupid?

Wish my choice actually mattered, so i can just fucking replace Rhyes with one of Jack's body doubles and then go kill the other protagonist and everyone else, then rule over Hiperion and go find that vault key alone.

I fucking hated both the protagonists, too quirky and annoying for my own taste. I just wanted to side with Jack and help him fuck up everything, he was far more interesting than any of the other characters in the entire game.

>hey buddy how about we bombard a bandit camp?
>You can't swing a dead cat around Pandora without hitting a bandit camp
>he picks the one place in the planet that actually seems vaguely reasonable to live in

One thing I liked about Telltale is that they nailed the idea that Jack had some reasonable [if extreme] ideas, but in the end he was STILL a selfish and incredibly deluded and corrupt cunt.

They ended up writing him to be much better than his original game.

Team Rhys was cool.

>best bro vaughn
>second best bro loaderbot
>thot yvette
>nemesis vasquez
>jack

Every single person from Hyperion was likable
Every single person from Pandora was shit except maybe scooter

Jack did nothing wrong.

i reinforce this claim

Which is true for every single aspect of Tales from the Borderlands, as far as I can recall. It single handedly redeemed the setting for me.
Hell, even Bossa Nova, the throwaway bandit lord they came up for Zero to fight and throw banter around with in an early episode, seemed like it'd make for a great setpiece boss fight in an actual game.

>Handsome Jack single-handedly turned Hyperion into a major cash cow
>He also became famous for other cool shit, even buying out that no-name shit company from the first game. Started with an A.
>Opened a Vault, and controlled the monster inside like a faithful dog, unlike the dumb bitch who got penetrated by tentacles in the first game
>Actively hassles the players just for fun

Handsome Jack was an asshole, but he was a damn cool one.

Why the fuck did any of it matter? People could just be broken down into light and rebooted. Couldn't he just make hundreds of copies of his daughter to power everything?

If you die in a cutscene you die for real.

Which is funny because if I recall almost all of Handsome Jack's lines were improv

>Jack's plan was sound
>use the space laser to kill only bad guys with 0 innocent casualties
>something something absolute power
>okay let's try and kill jack by doublecrossing him, when he's already on the line of snapping because of people doublecrossing him
>fuck he survived and he's going to the vault on the moon
>Instead of taking an easy shot in his face I'm going to punch the white hot artifact into his face and scar him horribly, making him batshit insane too
>UGH THIS IS YOUR FAULT ATHENA

I hope if Borderlands 3 ever actually happens, Lilith dies in a really unflattering way, like getting shot in the face while taking a shit.

Or Jack could have revoked the vault hunters' access to the respawn machines since he owns them.

In one of his old interwiex Randy said that majority of players have chosen to keep the implant, so it might be brought up in bl3
Choice matters after all

They were always really bad at explaining the canonicity of the New U shit.

Hyperion owned the New U stations and let you keep respawning, Jack even paying you to kill yourself one time. Despite that, Roland gets permakilled along with Jack and Angel, Jack's MAYBE being explained that he's too proud to put himself in the system.

I just look at that quest to kill yourself as a joke

Lillith just phases upwards in a T-pose while a man says
"i have to go now, my planet needs me"
then some subtitle text says
(lillith died on the way back to her home planet"

>filename

D E L E T

I'm okay with this
It would be even better to kill her offscreen in ECHO message

Lilith is a stupid ugly idiot cunt of a bitch.

I really hope none of them come back for a new game except Mr. Blake and maybe Rhys since he's actually the owner of one of the Corporations now.
I think Pandora has given all it could give already. Time for a new planet, one that is not so ridiculously deadly to the point where you don't give a damn about what happens in the game since every single character you find is going to be "hilariously" killed by the end of its quest anyway.
I just want to be a mercenary scavenging an untamed alien world for a corporation of my choice, looting forgotten tech and searching for vaults while maybe fighting the other corporations who are trying to get there before I do.

Angel could conceivably be explained by virtue of the fact that her physiology and mind has been so messed with through the years by wishy washy siren magic and eridium processing that not even genetic reconstruction would be able to bring her back.