One year ago

One year ago

Other urls found in this thread:

clas.uiowa.edu/history/teaching-and-writing-center/guides/argumentation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>I still don't have one and want them to come out with a revision

>mfw 5 hours posting

>Releasing a revision within 3 years of an extremely well marketed console
I expect some sort of revision far down the line but for now they'd be shooting themselves in the foot by doing that, dividing the market and confusing the retarded consumers
If you aren't buying one now might as well never buy one, unless you're waiting for a price drop

>it's going to sell worse than the Wii U!

Feels so recent still. What a great reveal it was.

nah there was only 1.5 years between the DS and DS lite. I expect the next Switch model to be announced by next e3, especially considering the current model's underpowered hardware.

DS looked like shit. It wasn't appealing, and the hardware inside didn't change with the Lite.

Switch is already very appealing and no massive design changes are needed. It's also powerful enough for what it is for now. They wouldn't release a Switch Pro a year and a half after the original.

>it's trivially easily get the joycons stuck by using them the wrong way even by accident
>the screen is made of such weak plastic you can make a permanent scratch with your finger nail
>the dock has no padding and will scratch the system's screen too
>dead pixels within a week
>no massive design changes are needed

>>it's trivially easily get the joycons stuck by using them the wrong way even by accident
Only braindead retards are doing this. It's literally the clearest shit ever.

>>the screen is made of such weak plastic you can make a permanent scratch with your finger nail
Not quite. Plus, who doesn't use a screen protector on their shit?

>>the dock has no padding and will scratch the system's screen too
Dock problems are already sorted.

>>dead pixels within a week
Can happen to literally any device sold.

Why he don't use Kayak instead ?

>A year later and they've only announced two games since that second reveal

Didn't they mark the joycons with + and - ?

Yes, my friend actually put the little tab for making it a single controller on wrong, got it stuck, and just pulled it out. Really not a big deal

>People asking for a Switch XL

if nintendo announces a switch XL, with bigger screen, longer battery and more powerfull for 50€ more, I would take it.

A Switch XL is more likely a lot less stupid than the 'Switch Mini' I keep seeing speculated around here.
Because apparently a 6 inch screen isn't 'portable'.

>mfw I figured out you could use magnesis on a chest to propel yourself without needing a leaf at all

>expecting revisions of something that can barely keep in stock

>it's trivially easily get the joycons stuck by using them the wrong way even by accident
it's also very fucking easy to solve.

>the screen is made of such weak plastic you can make a permanent scratch with your finger nail
cut your fucking nails you dirty fuck. I'd rather scratch it than have it crack.

>the dock has no padding and will scratch the system's screen too
Don't be a gorilla. Put it in correctly unlike the dumbass amerifags who are the majority reporting that issue.

>dead pixels within a week
>impling monitors don't suffer dead pixels EVER
happens to any and all devices if it's not used properly.

>no massive design changes are needed
it doesn't. Stop being such a fucking ogre.

>the current model's underpowered hardware.

FIVE HOURS

If they are going to replace the 3DS with the switch I hope they make a more portable on their next revision.

The dock won't even fucking do that tho. You'd have to chaos dunk that shit in there like the fist of an angry god to actually get any decent work on your screen with that dock. How the fuck anyone every scratched their dock with that is ridiculous.

HA HA, HA HA, YEAHHHH

Fucking desperation right here folks.

Ah... When we weren't in Drumpf's America... When there was still a chance for Her to win. Better times...

Good times OP. I remember the relentless shit posting of how the NX would fail, Nintendo would go 3rd party and BotW would be a disaster.

Oh Sup Forums, you got well and truly humiliated. No wonder you're still crying about it.

>tfw we still dont even know what the NX is

Who here invested pre-Switch and now rolling in money?

Feelsgoodman.

We don't even know what the Revolution is.
That'll be something.

Tegra X2 is already a thing and it's more powerful and uses half the power of the Tegra X1 in the Switch
Xavier is a far more beefier SoC (30 watt TDP) that is coming out by the end of the year and could be used in a future dock as a serious performance boost for games played on a TV

Today is my birthday. This was a lovely gift

I know it exists retard, but it would be more expensive. The switch is already barely making a profit. Do you want a $350 Switch? maybe you do, but the average person doesn't. it's more powerful than a Wii U in handheld already and nearly twice as powerful when docked. The switch is fine

>a video from a year ago is a good gift today
wew lad

If you saw scalper prices you'd know that people are willing to pay far more than $350 for a Switch

at the time user

I was under the impression that they were printing money, since they're essentially selling a modified Nvidia Shield

Do you think that Tegra X2 prices won't drop in the future?

I'm still salty we didn't get an actual console. Until then I'm steering clear of Nintendo.

Not him, but you realize that the X2 is literally identical to the X1 minus a little increased bandwidth?

the chip is the same as the nvidia shield tv stand. only the Pixel C tablet has the X1 and is portable, and that thing is huge

the switch cost a lot in engineering and in developing the joycons. they said it takes roughly $275 to make a switch so they're scraping by as it is
no shit sherlock, can you even follow a conversation? why would you think I'd disagree with that
>dude just make a third option in an already saturated market, it worked before :^)
LOL no

Holy fucking shit

>Didn't the Switch reveal overshadow RDR2 reveal?

NINTENDO WON

it's not you dumb faggot. X2 is Pascal, X1 is Maxwell. X2 runs at higher clock speeds and consumes less electricity and also dissipates less heat

Aw shit didn't mean to greentext.

>increase the bandwidth a little
>somehow performs better while using less power

One year ago we met Karen

NEEDS

>Monter Hunter
>Risk of Rain
>Dark Souls 1,2,3
>Animal Crossing
>Wind Waker
>Ocarina of Time 3ds
>Majora's Mask 3ds
>Super Mario World Remake
>Zelda Maker

That's about it.

Oh and get the click adventure indies on board with the switch.

If you could get all those click adventure indies from steam onto switch it would be fucking amazing

FROM THE MOMENT WE MET YOU COULD SEE THAT I WAS FILLED WITH DESIRYEAAAYEAAAUHUH

>LOL no
And that's exactly why we get shitty 3rd party support and lacking features compared to the rest.

>>Dark Souls 1,2,3
something about the pick up and play nature of handhelds makes this seem so fucking appealing.

>defending the shitty screen
>defending that there is no simple thingy that prevents the joycon straps from being placed on backwards
What's next, you're going to swallow when they shit in your mouth and say it's no problem since shitting is something everyone does?

rip stevie

>>Monter Hunter
you got your """Monster Hunter""", but it's not coming out in English (even on 3DS) and you're not getting World, so just give it up
>>Risk of Rain
Don't you have enough indie crap already?
>>Dark Souls 1,2,3
lol
>>Animal Crossing
hasn't been good since the original
>>Wind Waker
just get a WiiU- oh wait
>>Ocarina of Time 3ds
>>Majora's Mask 3ds
Just a get a 3DS

>>Super Mario World Remake
lol
>>Zelda Maker
lol

enjoy bing bing wahoo 36 or however the fuck many of this game there are now

That's pretty much all you got going for you, sorry that you got tricked into buying another disappointment

>>>Ocarina of Time 3ds
>>>Majora's Mask 3ds
>Just a get a 3DS
fuck you user
>just play them at 200p 25-30fps for the rest of your life :^)
NO

>I'd rather scratch it than have it crack.
>I'd rather drink piss than eat shit

Switch is also going to be the only handheld on the market by the time the Vita is out.
If you think it's not going to get 3rd parties by then, you're delusional.

mfw I'll never have rooftop cuck party witj niggers, spics and chinks.

Guess I'll just play alone.

they made it crack proof so that kids wouldn't constantly break their screens. if you're saying that you wouldn't break yours because you're an adult, then that means you can also avoid scratching it like an adult

Key term: handheld
And that's what's going to hold it back from the great 3rd party titles.

Bethesda seems to love it, and not in a fake way like Ubisoft did with the Wii U. It's getting stuff like Skyrim and Doom
The fact that it supports stuff like the full version of Unreal engine and APIs like Vulkan just makes it easier to make/port games for it

Remember all the unrealistic power specs and then the disappointment which followed and then the ifs its not

gross. go back to facebook creepy.

You're really going to turn to one developer to make games for the switch? I'll see you all within the next year or two in shitposting threads about how the switch won't get game X Y Z.

The point is that something as simple as a fingernail can lay scratches, it is downright inevitable the screen to come in such a situation, especially seeing as "portability" is one of it's main features.
This is coming from someone who has never had something broken or scratched. Any and all handhelds/consoles I own are still in near perfect condition. Starting from around the original gameboy.

Nah, better wait. People have said this about every current gen console, yet every one of them is getting a revision. Switch has some real bad issues especially with its build quality and it has such a small library of its own games that the smart thing to do is to wait a year or two.

>d-doesn't count
Even Ubisoft is making good games for it

mmmm

imagine a rainy day in bed playing dark souls

comfy

Shit-eating analogies, truly the endgame of Sup Forums.

I never said it doesn't count. I said that within the next two years, I'll see you all in threads bashing the switch's lack of 3rd party support.

>i can't refute his arguments so i'll take a piss on the type of analogy he used
Here, maybe this could help you: clas.uiowa.edu/history/teaching-and-writing-center/guides/argumentation

>Nintendo was hated by Rockstar
>got no games from Rockstar for 8 years
>the last game they got from Rockstar was a DS exclusive that eventually got ported to the PSP
>all of a sudden, they put games on the Switch

Except the Switch is actually selling and has a following, unlike the Wii U where 3rd parties jumped ship because nobody was buying their games

>bigger screen.
the screen is too fucking big, if anything. make it a couple inches shorter in the revision

>>Nintendo was hated by Rockstar
Was this really the case or more because their hardware was simply too weak?

Are you a woman?

yes im a female(male)

Let me know when future games are announced for the switch. Let me know when I'll be able to play Really Dumbass Really 2 on my switch.
I mean look at the upcoming games for this thing. The only good ones are the first party titles. Even the games like wolfenstein 2 doesn't even have a release date for it. If you're not the least concerned about future 3rd party support then idk what to tell you.
Of course the switch is selling well. It's clean af. But I'm still worried about what the future has in store for it.
I honestly would've loved a Nintendo console instead and just have the switch release later as a 3ds successor. It's whatever though.

>making fun of white people
>is white

why is this allowed?

>laughing at western philosophy
>nihilism is a western philosophy
Do these people have no self awareness?

It's one of the things that never really changed around here

Rockstar never *hated* Nintendo. In fact, they - like most devs - hold them in extremely high regard.

Their previous lack of support probably came marketing focus groups who insisted the audience was there on Nintendo for their type of games and probably censorship, difficulty of porting and Nintendo's proprietary discs and carts.

i like u

I wonder if she thinks being 1/24th Cherokee makes her not white

The Etika Reaction was the best, I woke up at 7 am, just before a midterm for it.
I bombed the midterm but it was worth it.
It's the bonfire system mixed with how you approach challenges in chunks rather than huge, uninterrupted stints.
>pick up
>try to get to next bonfire
>succeed, get fucked, or get fucked by a boss
>save and put down till next time
mastapeece

What games do you guys play on your switch

I was playing Fast RMX earlier cause I found out it got a free update in august I didn't know about that did some stuff plus gave it free DLC like 6 new tracks.

>simple thingy that prevents the joycon straps from being placed on backwards

They're called eyes.

It does very clearly mark which sides are supposed to go where and pulling them back off is incredibly simple. Not sure how it became such an issue.

Happy Birthday, Anonymous.

You can't buy nintendo stocks with out being from japan

I recently got Splatoon 2 for my birthday so I've been playing that. I wanted Odyssey but I don't have a job anymore so it'll have to wait.

Until Christmas. When the shitposting will start again with "Just got this and its shit LOL amirite" threads.

Its not a Handheld you fucking smoothed brained idioit its a console that can be turned into one.

Its not a Console you fucking smoothed brained idioit its a handheld that can be turned into one.