>>394017279

seems more like an expansion desu, but it's $30 so whatever, it was good coop

on second thought, that gameplay segment looked slow as molasses

You've never seen a trade show demo before?
>Difficulty turned down to Normal/Easy and enemy count lowered to allow for a cinematicâ„¢ presentation and to guarantee that you see as much of the level as possible even if you suck
>Person playing either sucks or tries to play slow and deliberate for a coherent cinematicâ„¢ experience
>Demo of a far from finished version which means missing shit and a lot of placeholder assets

The first one came out late 2015, and has already had 3 DLC expansions with 1 more still on the way
Seems like pretty fair timing for a sequel

Don't call it expansions.

Well, it isn't an expansion. It doesn't expand at all on the first game's content, as it's separate.

t. expansion master & Warhammer 2 is a stand alone expansion

I hope they don't wait awhile to start detailing careers, and talent trees.

>expansion master

I'm talking about the small DLC map packs that you called expansions. They aren't. They're DLC, microtransactions, a map pack, anything but a fucking expansion.

>already
Isn't Vermintide 1 a few years old, with the playerbase on the decline because everyone's already mastered it? Seems like the perfect time for a sequel

They're expansion packs you autist.

Fine, expansion adept.

My bad, I'm a different guy just chiming in on what's an expansion and what isn't. And yeah, those DLC maps are not expansions.

It's pretty much an expansion and they know it, which is why they are only charging 30 bucks.

What's this I spy, some sort of new knigga character, helmet and all?

No, it's just un-punished Kruber.

Makes sense, even though they fixed up the first game it still carried its launch reputation.

Seems more like an expansion just to start anew

Oh yeah
damn
even though it's not needed at all, tfw Rieksguard never

>Sienna proving that she is once again the best by burning the entire town before the others even get there

SIGMAR BLESS THIS RAVAGED BODY

Isn't Kruber essentially part of the Reiksguard though since he's been promoted? It's not like any specific knightly order took him in, so that kind of leaves them.

I've not a single clue
If he is then fuck yes kruber master race, PLUMES WHEN?

I wish Valve did that with L4D2.

this
also where the fuck is my bret knigga

Better than TW2 which charged 60 for an expansion.

Fatshark are trying their best to stay in the good graces of the consumer.

How does L4D2 hold up nowadays? Used to love that shit back in the day

Horde games likely can't survive on being 60 dollars, atleast since they seem content with not doing Versus.
I could see a Bret Knight career for Kruber. If Kerillian can go from Wood Elf to Dark Elf, why the fuck not

Yeah but Kerillian is cursed and shit

Why would he go bret knight?
If he was gonna be a knight in the first place, why not join one of the many empire orders?

What happens when she gets a High Elf career so there is one other magic user?

She'll be a wardancer

Undead when?

>no multiplayer

It's the exact same as it was 5 years ago. No updates. The modding scene for it is dead.

You mean no cancerous VS mode.

Did you mean
>no versus
Because versus shitters are the worst part of L4D and KF2 shows that nobody except Russians actually play that garbo.

Can't wait for new lines desu.

HOLY SIGMAR

>Better than TW2 which charged 60 for an expansion.

It only gave as much content as the TWW on launch which is why its a standalone expansion. I swear you niggers are god damn retarded. "why wont they charge 5 bucks for TW2 its just DLC"

Vermintide is unique
TWW competes with WHFB, although GW trashed it for AoS it still offers you far more value than any edition of the tabletop did.
Not to mention mainstream vs. niche appeal.

HOLY SHIT MAN

>Vermintide is unique
In what way?
>TWW competes with WHFB
Wrong

I disliked how 2hand warhammer horizontal sweeps ALWAYS bounced off any chaos enemy. It's whole deal in the first game was infinite targets except for specials and storms.

BUT I GUESS IT'S A B-B-BETA?

>tfw held off on buying the DLCs for game 1 so long that they announced game 2
Are the DLCs worth it?

Pretty sure 2h hammers would have their swing interrupted by Stormvermin in 1, no?

Warpick and Glaive are fun weapons
The maps are good/better than the main game ones

Is this Skaven posting? I don't think Skaven are very literate.

no cousin okri no buy

>people still playing Left 4 Dead

>game is called vermintide
>no rats in the gameplay footage

What are these new enemies supposed to be? They look like L4D2 zombies except they have armor.

>GW backing
>in what way is vermintide unique and tww competes with whfb

hurr durr durr

>I disliked how 2hand warhammer horizontal sweeps ALWAYS bounced off any chaos enemy.

I dislike this too, but watching the video seemed to imply that humans and skavens have different "densities" to to speak, attacks that easily go through 3-4 skaven only hit like 1 or 2 humans.

So, it may be the case that hammers still hit an infinite amount of unarmored skaven but have a cap on the amount of actual man-sized enemies.

He is right though, attacks with infinite targets will always bounce off armor

GW backing it doesn't mean it competes with something
>hurr durr durr
Not an argument you dribbling spastic

I just want to know in what way vermintide is unique, just a simple question

And TWW does not compete with a dead dice roll based tabletop RPG, thats fucking moronic

Wew, tabletop skirmish game*

>>He is right though, attacks with infinite targets will always bounce off armor

>I disliked how 2hand warhammer horizontal sweeps ALWAYS bounced off any chaos enemy. It's whole deal in the first game was infinite targets except for specials and storms.
> It's whole deal in the first game was infinite targets except for specials and storms.
>except for specials and storms.
>storms.

The north has Norscans (viking fucks) and Chaos (Cthonic corruptors - in this case they worship pestilence god Nurgle). Skaven are everywhere at once. They don't get on well enough to be the same faction, but Skaven aren't too bothered by corruption and they follow a minor Chaos god themselves so they agreed to team up.

Idea is human enemies are tankier but fewer in number, so you have to deal with less crowd control and more dueling.
Skaven on the other hand are still weak and swarm based, as they can get kicked around a lot by 2 handed weapons. Stormvermin have swords and shields now though so they're more 1v1 based gameplay.

How can TWW compete with something that GW literally killed.

You never needed the models, just tokens would do. But they still sell the entire library of books don't they?

What's wrong with VS?

is there a custom map feature?

They dont sell the old books, every old unit has free pdf for rules is AoS now.

Mod support and dedicated servers says yes.
Plus it's literally autodesk.

If you want VS you should be demanding a not-shit Mordheim game that drops the strategy layer "THAT'S XCOM BABY" bullshit with bullshit AI, and fix the tactical gameplay to not be so slow and janky.

Don't care if it doesn't virtualise it perfectly, that's actually one of the problems with Blood Bowl, so go ahead and make it a team third/first person hack and slash.

>Not shit Mordheim
>Somewhere between Star Wars Battlefront and Counter-Strike, set in Mordheim
>Mission begins in 60 seconds, pick a character/loadout
>Have no idea who the enemy are until first contact
>Grabbing Warpstone adding tension whether to grab and run or attack

Theories about Elf-sluts third career?

Saltzpyre > Kruber = Bardin > Sienna >>>> Gorillian

don't call her a slut.

Maybe Last Stand will have a proper end/boss waves this bloody time?

I fucking hated them for selling the Schlusselschloss Last Stand as DLC and then introducing fucking nothing as a boss other than QUAD OGRES.

Since they made an actual boss in the last DLC one would hope he eventually pops up as a late wave challenge in Last Stand.

Most importantly, will it have a fucking main menu instead of a 3D lobby this time around?

Dorf > Azumgi > Sienna > Salty > Raki > The filthy Wutelgi

Last stand is replaced by heroic deed missions, or whatever they're called

Did the one-handed axes get fixed?

what needed fixing?

You're right. She's not a slut, she just has a addiction to skaven dick.

What was wrong with the 3D lobby?

Everything. The icon for them might as well just show a token representing their inevitable scrap value.

All they seemed to have going for them was high single target damage in a game with large hordes and only three specials which you can reasonably engage with it. They couldn't attack very quickly, had low range, had terrible stamina and didn't carry you very far forward. There also wasn't much difference between their light and charged attacks since they were both single target and both penetrated armour.

>It's the exact same as it was 5 years ago.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

The tavern was one of the coolest parts of the first game though.

Given what they just did to tf2 I'd say it's a good thing. At least you can go back and play L4D2 as it was without years of Valve """""""improvements"""""""

One handed axes with shields were really good though. Unless there was a shieldless one handed axe option that I forgot about.

I run 1h Axe with the swift strider trinket for unlimited dodges all the time, they decimate Nightmare and Cata is also manageable if you go for headshots
The charged attack is useful for engaging storms and backstabbery fucks them up good
When did you last play? Because combat got overhauled significantly and the days of corner camping are long over

HOLY SHIT MAN

I like snappy shit. I don't want to waste time loading into a level where I have to sit and wait for others to load into the level so then we can all load into a new level.

Give me a main menu. Let me build a party within 5-10 seconds, let me bring up the forge in 1-2 mouse clicks instead of waddling my way over. It's a shitty, dated gimmick.

Cool the first few times around, maybe. Its existence would be more justified if it involved mechanical systems, instead you're just walking from one UI element to another. If you're new to vidya, I guess it'd feel novel.

You never noticed that everything in the lobby has a shortcut key?
Jesus Christ man

What's the shortcut for putting together a party before loading into a mission?

You can access everything in the tavern with hotkeys, though. Tavern loading times were hardly noticeable even on my shitbox that barely ran the game, and most of the time you'd be joining into an in-progress game anyway.

Don't act dumb

BLESS THIS RAVAGED BODY

Praise Sigmar for the wonders of Saltzpyre existing. Missions just aren't the same without him

Waywatcher
Wardancer

They're noticeable to me even though I run the game off an SSD. Like I said, I prefer things to be responsive and fast. I'm aware of hotkeys, my point is that if you want to navigate the lobby physically, there's not enough to it mechanically (like inputting actual controls to use the forge) to justify that, but if you're using shortcuts you may as well have a fucking main menu. It just doesn't serve any purpose other than looking around the first couple of times.

So this is wasically what Warband is to the original M&B, I might get this since I missed the boat with the first game.

Honestly, I wish they'll remove the boss and miniboss hp when they revamp that 2007 tier HUD. It added some real nice tension and panic in Cata not knowing what the Ogre was at when he tagged alongside a new horde or we couldn't delete him with potions. Hell, my most memorable story comes from not knowing his hp

>like inputting actual controls to use the forge
That sounds like fucking shit.

It's still active, and save for one super secret tough mission that's an absolute bitch to unlock (I still don't have it despite beating all missions on the highest difficulty), you'll find lobbies. If you can get a friend with you, it's a blast even with two bots

It does, because it would be in a game like this. Point is it would justify having a 3D lobby more, because you'd struggle to implement that in a menu. Since that's not the case, 3D lobby is purposeless. That's the point.

holy shitmar that some chaos marauders?

who /dwarf/ here?

slayer reporting in

Something high elf based would be my guess if we have a Shade.

I would like to say Lothern Sea Guard since it keeps to the bow and spear theme.

>The dwarf's on his ass again!
>Less on the again, Azungi

It displays trophies you get for completing missions, a more immersive menu for people who want that or are playing on a console, and it serves as something to look at and listen to when waiting for people to join your game, as opposed to having nothing.
In short it's there to build atmosphere.
>It's purposeless because I don't like it