DLC (for anything besides expansion equivalents)

>DLC (for anything besides expansion equivalents)
>Day 1 DLC
>On-disk DLC
>Pre-order bonuses
>Retailer exclusive DLC
>Season Passes
>Online Passes
>Multi-tiered releases (Standard Edition, Gold Edition)
>Microtransactions
>Lootboxes
>Early Access
>Always Online
>Games as a Service
>Massive push towards Games as a Service instead of offline singleplayer games

>all either invented or popularized, and continued to be pushed by, the Western games industry
Why do you still support this shit, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complete_gacha
youtube.com/watch?v=yZOd8eqGPvk
youtube.com/watch?v=xkHSNictbRA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck off, weeb.

t. westacuck

>implying japs aren't just as bad with DLC

Only thing I support is expansion-tier DLC.
and maybe an ad-removing micro here and there for Android games

>Games as a service
>Square Enix & FF XV
>CAPCOM & Street Fighter V

>pre order bonuses
>multiple release editions
>expensive, cosmetic only season pass
why gaijins so deluded

WOW BASED JAPAN

Buying that shit on xbox 360 changes a man

>gachashit
>pachinko shit
BASED NIPPON
HUWHITO PIGGU GO HOMU

>inb4 "b-but it was done by influential westaboos"

WEST A SHIT

>says while he spends another $500 on UR/SSR characters on mobile gacha
good gajin

i wonder how long will it take for the chink jews to start putting loot boxes in their games

See
quite soon desu

You know there are stores where you can just buy the content of those, right? No RNG involved.

Persona 5 managed to be more Persona 4 in drag than Persona 4 was Persona 3 in drag

>Westacucks completely ass blasted they got jewed out of their last shekel on loot boxes
>now have to eat ramen the rest of the month

you could at least post a model that wasn't banned
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complete_gacha

PERSONA 5 HAD DAY ONE DLC
YOU MORON
GRAVITY RUSH HAD PRE ORDER BONUS
BLOODBORNE HAS MULTI TIER RELEASES
PERSONA 5 DOES
I like these games so much but you're fucking blinded

And- the Asians practically invented random micro transactions in gacha games. This started in Japan.

Hilarious how triggered these kids are that their hobby will just be a Jewish wasteland and theres nothing they can do about it.

>M-MUH GACHA

Literally every single game on the left of your image has DLC, OP
You're either baiting or retarded

Daily reminder

>32 yen has been transferred to your bank account

>t-trust m-me
>japan is just as bad! just as bad!

>t-there always youre friends goy- er gaijin!

BUY

Hey, remember that time when Mass Effect 3 had unfinished DLC on the disk and everybody lost their mind?

Remember that time Street Fighter X Tekken had fucking half the roster locked behind DLC at launch including console exclusive characters on all platforms?

Which one came first?

>Sup Forums is eating stuff like the new Total War and Shadows of Mordors up

>games that extremly anti-consumer

>cry on Sup Forums about the evil devs and why they keep doing this

????

>Remember that time Street Fighter X Tekken had fucking half the roster locked behind DLC at launch including console exclusive characters on all platforms
Still the game was released in a finished state even though they abused the DLC system.
The same can't be said about Mass Effect 3 which had CUT CONTENT admitted by the director a few weeks before the game's release

WHITO PIGGU GO HOME

You must be a Overwatch/Dota 2 player for trying to compare japan DLC vs west DLC.
Western DLC are usually 1 hour gameplay which is either unrelated to the story (like Dishonored 1 DLC) or simply content that was supposed to be in the original game

>Defending Street Fighter X Tekken
Actually kill yourself

What's wrong with Phil?

Have you seen mobage Gachas?

Man fuck the west.

youtube.com/watch?v=yZOd8eqGPvk
youtube.com/watch?v=xkHSNictbRA

>strawman
>defending locking SIXTEEN COMPLETED CHARACTERS behind a paywall

WHITE PIGGU GO HOMU

>Dischonored 1 DLC
>unrelated to the story
You are retarded.
I don't think Phil had anything to really do with those. Need I remind you that there is a legit LGBT Playstation 4 that Sony signed off on?

stop being a weeb please, these threads are hard to read. I really feel sad for you

Upvoted, my fellow redditor. Good to see someone taking a stand against diversity.

JUST

How does a lgbt ps4 affect you?

>west has ubisoft
japan has konami
>west has ugly females
japan has waifubait loli moeshit
>lootboxes
gacha and pachinko
>kratos is nu-male
That beard is not nu-male beard. Stop being a beardless twink you fucking weebs

PLAY GATCHA GOYIM

Those videos are the same as the LGBT PS4: It's not my problem, if they wanna make Cripple Avatars and Queer PS4's, that's fine with me.
I'm shocked people are hyped for a new God of War after everything since 2 has been garbage. And this one looks (not visually) worse because the combat is so fucking slow in every bit of footage.

Enjoy your horse armor and Digital Deluxe editions

Dishonored 1 had 3 DLCs. only 1 is connected to the story
The other two are 25 minute witch hunting garbage.
>DUDE SLAUGHTER HOUSE LMAO XD

Huh, I kinda forgot they were DLCs. Bought the complete edition.
I hate to defend Ubisoft, but at least you can get/refund the game on steam and still play it on Uplay for free. At least you could, Don't know if that works anymore but it did with Far Cry 4.

>If you expose the LGBT industry pandering you are a redditor
Hi Epstein

I never understood why overwatch is the one people always use to demonstrate that lootboxes are bad. There are a multitude of ways of getting the boxes without spending a dime. It's entirely cosmetic items which play literally zero impact in games. Voice lines are only used to spam, sprays to bm after huge plays, and emotes to use while waiting for the game to start. Even the skins aren't that important since it's a first person game so you'll only see your hands.
It's the epitome of economics Darwinism as all of the whales spend hundreds of dollars over useless junk. The only people who should get upset over Overwatch's lootboxes are brainlets with no self control over digital clothes.

Yeah, I don't really like God of war, but kratos is one of the manliest characters in gaming. I can understand why Sup Forums hates him because almost everyone here is a fucking weeb who wants to play as a cute anime girl

Enjoy paying $20 for shit on the disk that you already brought, you dumb shit.

Refunding or whatever even if Ubisoft sell their unfinished games for 39,99+Tax is too much
Their complete Gold Editions with all DLCs aren't worth 30 bucks, let alone 99,99+tax

WHITO PIGGU GO HOME

>comparing mobage's to real none-mobile games that are AAA, indie ,etc that sells this bullshit of a deal.
>implying west actually make good mobile games. Have you seen yourself in the mirror and asked yourself if you're retarded?

No, fuck you, It's always bad. The business model behind them is what is bad, not whether or not the micropurchases affect gameplay directly. They affect it indirectly in that the game is designed at a core level to sell micropurchases. Modes, features and content that do not facilitate frequent purchasing of lootboxes are not prioritized, or included at all. The games make money through micropurchases now, not through thee purchase of the game itself, so that's what publishers will focus on pushing.

Meh, it's ALL completely optional and purely aesthetic in nature. Now post a DLC list for a random NISA title.

>Newest Phoenix Wright game had day one costume DLC but it was free for the first week
and don't forget
>6 bucks for one new chapter

90% of japanese DLCs are EXACTLY made expensive so people can support the devs
That's why the DLCs are only skins and cosmetics.
They don't cut content to sell as DLC (except Capcom)

LOOT BOXES BTFO!!!

Go look at a Mona Lisa chart and find out for yourself, twat.

I fucking loved him, but after the two bad PS3 and two bad PSP games, I stopped caring really.
What if the loot crates are all paid for via Ingame Currency?

>Defending Street Fighter X Tekken
See this pic? Go do it.

Half of that describes Monster Hunter World, a japanese games.

WHITO PIGGU GO HOME

speak for yourself fag, I don't want Shadow of Mordor even for free, and I don't care about RTS so Total War games do nothihng for me

>>DLC (for anything besides expansion equivalents)
Japs overuse DLC in their games
>>Day 1 DLC
See above
>>On-disk DLC
See above
>>Pre-order bonuses
See above and I'm pretty sure they invented this shit
>>Retailer exclusive DLC
Wow, really... See above
>>Season Passes
This is true.
>>Online Passes
See above
>>Multi-tiered releases (Standard Edition, Gold Edition)
Again, Japs do this a lot too.
>>Microtransactions
See above
>>Lootboxes
Truly a cancer that's comparable with gacha shit.
>>Early Access
This is true, the west needs a comiket like event to promote early access games instead of outright stealing the money in online transactions.
>>Always Online
Fuck this
>>Games as a Service
Could you elaborate further on this one?
>>Massive push towards Games as a Service instead of offline singleplayer games
I don't understand these 2.

This game literally cost hundred of dollars of dlcs.

Weirdly enough, Japan's sort of the opposite of the west when it comes to DLC/microtransaction stuff in the sense that it's the smaller games targeted at niche audiences that tend to go whale hunting and pile on the DLC while the mid-tier/AAA games either forego it entirely or at least are less bad about it than modern western AAA games are.

BEST GOYIM

>Cuphead
>Beautiful boss rush game

>BotW
>Bland open world where you repeat the same content ad nauseam with DLC and amiibos

Is this the power of the Japanese?

I'm not a west vs jappan faggot but SFxT had the biggest base roster out of any fighting game since a long time (without any of the dlc). The base game already had 40 characters and they should have had every right to not sell an additional 20 characters just because they got finished before the planned schedule.

SfxT got an absurdly unreasonable amount of shittalking just because it was the first case of people finding dlc on disc for a big game, and everyone forgot that the base game already had shittons more content than other fighters to justify it's price.

>Sup Forums
>decent place to discuss movies and tv
>Sup Forums
>decent place to discuss music
>Sup Forums
absolute cesspit filled with insecure, mentally ill weebs where 99% of all threads are unreadable garbage

where did it go wrong?

fpbp

Weeaboo cucks get out.with your 50 hour cutscene movie games

>IT'S OK WHEN JAPAN DOES IT!!!!!

I'm a weeb but the games on the left are also made by grubby jews. The lesson here is to not simply paint this issue black and white. Every company is in on DLC, some are far blatant and cancerous than others.

I just browsed the catalog for Sup Forums and Sup Forums, they're like alternate universe versions of Sup Forums except for television and music instead of video games.

THE

As a former Sup Forums tripfag, there is a lot more fagposting and other shit, wait until 3PM EST and go back.

>I-IT DOESN'T COUNT!
>move back to the argument anyway
Do you realize how stupid you sound right now?

yes it is. now fuck off

>50 hour cutscene movie games
that would be western games tho

jap games that are famous for having long cutscenes (like mgs or bayo) are also popular for having fucking good gameplay

Tch, more like made by wannabe Japanese. As a man who considers himself to be Japanese, they offend me greatly.

Are slavs the only ones that (usually) aren't complete DLC jews?

Can we stop saying western when we mean white? No need to be politically correct. These are white devs doing this shit.

>mgs or bayo
>good gameplay
uh huh

everyone is just missing the point OP is trying to make
its not about
>every single japanese dev does not make use of anti consumer practices on game, only the west does it
the thing is japanese devs deliver complete and high quality games more often without the need of shoehorning politic views into it, true, the west does deliver good games sometimes but this happens rarely, you don't get games like cuphead once a year with the west
its true that japan has companies like Capcom and Konami but at the same time the west has companies as Microsoft, EA, Activision and Ubisoft just to name a few, one of these just patented a way to push micro transactions into matchmaking in online games

so yeah, japanese devs most of the time care about gameplay and delivering creative new experiences while the west seems to be all down for the money and politics most of the time

Weebs and wiggers will hang

race traitor filth

>Microsoft
they're pro consumer as fuck lately

What about USSR characters?

>unironically supporting your jewish overlords
>calling others traitors for not doing the same

>supporting dumb gooks is better than supporting jews

how about support neither you mongol filth?

t. Brainlet who couldn't figure out the controls for either. Go back to Batman Arkham games and mash square to win lmao

>right is filled with merchant greed
>left is nothing but cinematic experiences

Talk about picking your poison.

Lootboxes and microtransactions were done by Japan 10 years of everyone else in the F2P MMOs and Mobile games.
Gacha is literally just Japanese name for lootbox.
Kill yourself.

cuz they fucked up with the bone user, remember these are the guys who came up with paid online and DLC, they just recently cancelled Scalebound and yeah remember rareware? just in case you forgot

>Dishonored DLC
>1 hour long and unrelated to the story

Go fuck yourself, nigger. Knife of Dunwall & Brigmore Witches are the fucking definition of quality DLC expansions.

Made me reply/10

Because I'm not a weeb, faggot. I'd rather have this than stoop so low to actually buy and play weebshit.