New Fallout setting

Where should we head?

Alaska.

Nowhere, the series is dead, let it rest

Fallout 1/2 styled game in Alaska would be pretty cool.

Las Vegas

i want to see the fucking ncr 20th century society rebuilt if only for a mission or 2 in 3D

>implying Bethesda will touch another big Fallout title in the next 20 years
>implying Bethesda won't still keep the franchise in it's jewhands to shit out mini/spinoff-games like fallout shelter.

this.
/thread

Canada. We know a little about it already but not enough that they can't have some fun with it. But it would need to be in a place that actually gets cold and sees a lot of snow, definitely not Ontario cause they'd just put it in Toronto and you might as well make it NYC at that fucking point since you're within spitting distance. Somewhere in Alberta I guess.

Alabama

>Huntsville rocket center
>Home of Van Braun
>Hillbillies and racial tension
>More guns than you can shake a stick at
>Industrial ruins in Birmingham

It's got everything you need

After the shitshow that was FO4, I'll say the intellectual property graveyard.

Arizona and California

Have the final battle between Legion and NCR.

Oregon or Cali

Fallout China.

Fallout 4's failure killed the franchise. It's better to just let it rest in peace.

>anywhere outside of the US

Way to miss the whole fucking point.

Kansas/Nebraska/Missouri. Unused ICBM silos have been found; the Midwestern Brotherhood and a detachment of Caesar's Legion want their hands on them.

They can always out-source it to a team with actual brain.

new york

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

And what's the point?

Texas/Louisiana coast. One of the last major areas beyond the southeastern coast that hasn't been expanded upon.

Alternatively, a retelling of Fallout: Tactics would be great too.

New germany.
t. german

>Fallout 4
>failure

Nigger what? It's one of the top most played games of all time on Steam and made a shit ton of money. Just because people said they didn't like it later doesn't mean it wasn't a financial success.

>Rich lore with ways to create anything new
>DUDE NCR LEGION BOS
Sup Forums deserves Bethesda's fuckery of the franchise.

god this would actually be kinda cool, but its never gonna happen. it will probably some other boring area that they've done before.

inb4 capital wasteland again

mods mods everywhere and about a billion youtubers talking about them

>a retelling of Fallout: Tactics
in the style of XCom declassified

>boney ard

Canada

>something positive about 4
BETHBABBY REEEEEEEEEEEEE

don't know why they haven't done this already

anyone who complains about a fallout game being set in NYC because of 'muh lore' obviously isn't familiar with Bethesda's design philosophy

Europe

Part of me recoils in horror, the other part is strangely ok.

Alaskabro here. A Fallout set here could indeed be pretty sweet.

>One of the biggest selling games ever made killed the franchise.
I hate Fallout 4 but you are a fucking retard.

Is Alaska NEET friendly?
Can I find a comfy low key job and disappear from the western world?

did you guys play FO 1.5 Resurrection yet? it's pretty damn good for a mod

No, miles of empty wilderness and occasional bear is not fun.

i image the game would have a lot of inside spaces and subways
also each barrow like the Bronx and Brooklyn would have different factions
a whole escape from new york vibe

Having fallout anywhere besides America would be like having S.T.A.L.K.E.R somewhere other then the Zone, or Metro somewhere other then below ground in a metro system.

game design failure =/= economic failure.

shitty superhero movies are killing it in the box office right now, you think that makes them a good fucking thing? All it does is motivate them to keep making shitty movies, which is what's gonna happen with fallout

My only problem with a Fallout in the Big Apple is that it'd probably be a rehash of the Commonwealth/Capital Wasteland. Plus, having something like the ruins of the WTC or the Statue of Liberty might be too edgy for some people.

Ronto

Philadelphia and the surrounding region. I want to know what happened to the Amish.

>Leaftown
>nothing around it but snow and reindeer turds

I don't think you guys are ready for a Fallout to feature lootcrates

washington/canada border area

i get that but they could really push the faction thing, like nuka cola world on a much larger scale and maybe get some good writing in there

unless you're a shopkeeper all the jobs out there consist of busting your ass in grueling conditions. also the snow and isolation will drive you insane.

canadian wastelands or another nation like germany

i know many people don't want fallout set outside of the USA but i dont care

Kansas City. Take inspiration from pic related, the 1980s' edgiest movie.

to be a game set in the US because americans are fucking retarded and get shot a lot, they also love to fight wars for the jews and half of them are directly related to niggers

Florida

>no BoS wankery
>none of the laughably shit factions from FO4
>entirely new setting, new enemies, etc
>main connection to previous games is similar to what they did in NV with companions backstories like with Cass
>no brown and bloom desert shit rural areas, instead the rads have made the everglades turn into a fucking deep jungle with giant radgators and all
>rumoured fountain of youth deep in the heart of the everglades said to be able to turn any Ghoul back into a human, ghoul companion is an obsessed battle hardened explorer determined to find it
>Miami main hub city with an atmosphere not unlike the strip in NV, Orlando and Havana as expansions
>ending mission at Cape Canaveral

Louisiana

Florida.
Specifically around Cape Canaveral/Orlando.

Set pieces:
Disney world knockoff
Orlando Movie Studios
"The Keys" a series of underwater ruins where the florida keys used to be
Everglades
Cape Liberty (Cape Canaveral/ Ronald Reagan Space Research Center)

The entire storyline of the game would be about factions fighting over a "Delta XII" Rocket Engine that was ready for testing before the bombs fell. A huge rocket that could hold 120 people and enough supplies for a year, and designed to be converted into various moisture collectors, shelters, and farming machines, along with a GECK for possible colonization of Mars.

The twist will be that there were 2 other rockets launched in secret before the bombs fell (Delta X and Delta XI), and Mars is a stable self-sustaining colony. Between the two of them, they managed to activate their GECK and transform a portion of the martian wasteland into an earth-like colony bubble.

The ending choice is who gets to live in the new paradise, or if Humanity is irrevocably corrupt from the harsh life in the wasteland.

There will also be a Caesar's legion styled faction that believes the rocket should be converted to a nuclear missile to destroy the Mars colony, because Earth is our one and only home, and we do not deserve to metastasize to other worlds like a cancer until we prove we can salvage Earth from the damage we'd done.

Outside Bethesda lore.

Is anyone aware of the seattle fo4 mod thats in the works? There is also a miami one and project brazil is almost done too

>Metro somewhere other than below ground in a metro system
user...

i would play that
will you get to go to mars or will that be a dlc

i do like the idea of a fallout being over a huge area and split into several smaller open world locations, but i doubt bethesda could ever see anything beyond "see that mountain?"
florida always gets tossed into these threads and i've always loved the idea

god damn, nuka world would have actually fit in this setting.

>killed the franchise
uuuhh, no financially it was successful

It was a huge letdown sure. I don’t even think it was a bad game, just an OKAY tier fps that focuses on looting and customization with shitty building tacked on.

This is the patrician answer

you could have a field day coming up with minor factions. fuck it, have actual pirates in it, makes more sense than some of the dumb shit in 3 and 4

Any city setting is going to look about the same after they apply the wasteland effect where most of the map is comprised of vacant stretches of dirt. NYC, and maybe upstate NY and parts of New Jersey, would be a reasonable addition to the East Coast canon. The only thing these locations really differ on is the notable locations, history and the inhabitants. I'd like to see a midwest, south central or deep south game, but I would prefer Bethesda stay in their lane and not sully any other regions of the game.

a Mars DLC would have been a sure-fire way to make money.

Maybe make the "canon" ending be one where the bad guys managed to launch the rocket with a force to destroy the colony, and you stow away as the good guy (like in a box of frozen food or something equally ridiculous) or if you're with the Bad Guys, they take you along to help destroy the Mars colony.

When you get there, you could be introduced to a situation that maybe makes you change your views.

Say, the Mars colony has successfully established peaceful relations with the Mothership Zeta aliens.

As a good guy, they're both planning to "cleanse" the earth and give it to the humans on Mars and aliens for a fresh start. This would mean you now have a reason to fight them.

As a bad guy, the colony is at war with the Mothership Zeta aliens, and you realize that even though you came here to destroy the colony, the Aliens are the bigger threat.

You just described Fallout 3 and plenty of people liked that.

Drained Great Lakes

If Fallout ever goes to space I will REEEEEEEEE
I recall that Mothership Zeta exists, luckily it's not canon.

Being from the Midwest, I'd like to see one set somewhere there so most likely Chicago, and no Tactics doesn't count. Atlanta or somewhere in the south would also be interesting. Tired of the east coast and west coast focus.

no need to go anywhere

you need to lead up to big things like that
the main problem i had with fallout 4 is that it blew its load to early, power amour and death claws right at the start which leaves the rest of the game under whelming like diamond city

Alaska

Literally any place on Earth but another American city will do.

This. Perfect mix of city, urban, rural in a relatively small area. Well-known but not so iconic as to be distracting (i.e NYC, LA, etc). WWI Memorial, Fed Reserve, comfy 50's farming shit...

You know what else you need?

An urban legend about the beast called Florida Man.

What about Italy? precisely Rome?

perth, australia

the only places that matter in fallout canon are china and america

>racial tension
Fuck off with that shit, we have ghouls/anti-ghoul prejudice already. That's enough.

northern ireland
>already has multiple competing factions
>already blow to bits
>nuclear blast would be an improvement
>people look like mutants
>already has faction areas, weapons and armour/clothing
>intelligence skill gets removed
>place looks like a nuclear wasteland
>imrprovised weapons everywhere
>if you do bad shit to a faction they send a group after you just like in new vegas
>interesting quests

>After the shitshow that was FO4
Fallout 4's failure killed the franchise

You mean selling tons of titles, surpassing skyrim within the same time?

Florida

>st louis
>NCR vs Eastern Commonwealth
>Mr. House as NCR president
>only invades the east so he can destroy the BoS and Institute tech
>legion remnants
>super mutant NCR rangers
>racial tensions between ghouls and non ghouls (in non-NCR terretory)
>PC is called "the coffindodger"

>Ronto
>Alaska
>Florida
>Moscow

The Moon
you spawn in the middle of nothing in a spacesuit and with a shitton of resources, you have to build the whole game yourself
all the quests are radiant, lots of loot and crafting

Far away from obsidian and bethesda

Hawaii

I've wanted Florida with the main quest centering around Kennedy Space Center and Disney World. Nuka World has cut my interest in that though. Maybe the Great Lakes region. To really piss off fans, the communities in the region had reached NCR tier development before getting hit by the beam in Mothership Zeta.

How about going back to the wasteland.

I just want a game that let's you help the enclave

>not wanting to be a part of the post-apocalyptic KKK

I think we should see Capital Wasteland in 2297, featuring the Brotherhood of Steel and Liberty Prime, also synths and a voiced main character.
t: totally not Todd

Wasn't something like this planned for Van Buren?