Is Junji Ito still part of developing any spoopy games or is the dream completely gone?

Is Junji Ito still part of developing any spoopy games or is the dream completely gone?

Other urls found in this thread:

crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/08/09-1/teaser-site-for-tv-anime-junji-ito-collection-opens-for-winter-2018-premiere
panstas.itch.io/world-of-horror
twitter.com/AnonBabble

think it was just PT, fuck konami

Don't think he's making any new games, but an anime involving his works is coming this Winter if you're into that.

>Junji Ito
>involved in vidya
news to me, apparently konami fucked us out of what could have been the ultimate horror game though

We'll he did a Pokemon drawing which are nice. Kinda wish he did more though.

he's got an anime anthology coming soonish at least

A reminder of what could have been.

im fucking hype for that, i hope they dont do dissolving classroom though, thats his worst one IMO

NEVER EVER PT

Link? Is it just a bunch of chapters they're gonna animate? I thought the ice cream one was pretty cool.

Best Ito manga coming through.

From Software did Lovecraft influence really well.
I'd love to see their next game take influence (/direct involvement) from something of his.

crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/08/09-1/teaser-site-for-tv-anime-junji-ito-collection-opens-for-winter-2018-premiere

Oh cool I kinda hope they do new endings though. I usually feel so blue balls when reading Ito since the endings are bad.

>endless sleep story is in it
>so is the skinless woman
Noice

thats not what came from the sea user

Why remind me.

Imagine this kind of shit in VR

name?

Isn't he working in Death Stranding?

It's just called Ito Junji Collection.

What's that Gengar going to do to that qt3.14?

This exists if anyone cares
panstas.itch.io/world-of-horror

So why was this cancelled again? Why is it that we can never have nice things like this?

>Tomie
My dick is ready

Konami ruined everything.

all those infested looking tanks in the one trailer sort of put me in mind of that one Ito story with the fish that are controlled by parasites and come onto land.

this looks so fucking boring. how do people play these walking simulators?

That's not The Bully

that one has to have one of the most fucked up endings in any piece of fiction ever made.

Could you give me a quick rundown?

RUN BANETTE IT'S A FAKEOUT ITO STORY

THE LITTLE GIRL IS THE REAL EVIL GHOST YOU HAVE TO ESCAPE

THIS, where the FUCK are the guns?????

just read it you dumb shit

giv Tomie gf

you should read it because it's rather good but here goes

>girl bullies the fuck out of boy when they're young
>like serious life threatening shit
>boy disappears one day, likely his mom just took him away to get away from her
>she grows up and is ridden with guilt over it
>one day she runs into him again and he's grown up into a good looking alpha male
>he confesses that he always loved her and she falls madly in love with him back
>they begin a relationship
>he knocks her up
>he disappears without a trace and leaves her with the kid
>she goes insane at the end and reverts back to her old bully self and is implied that she's about to begin torturing her son to death

Gyo

But who was sperm?

>real evil ghost is the girl
>not the doll itself
>and I don't mean banette
>boo

the dude she bullied. he got her pregnant and left her to be a single mom as revenge.

>Story about a creepy but loyal Banette trying to save a little girl from an arcane horror trapped in her doll
I'd read it senpai

>tfw no Tomie gf starved for my attention
Can Tomie even get pregnant?

But who was bully?

I'm super curious to see how DRRRR DDRRRRR turns out when it's animated.

If you cut Tomie in half so you can have 2 Tomies, do you think she would be mad?

Fivesome with Tomie and Tomie and Tomie and Tomie while they each try to kill each other to be the only Tomie so we end up using Tomie's blood as lubricant and it is no longer a fivesome!

It would be extremely painful.

>As the storie progresses, Tomie changes from being an innocent, cute girl that wants to be loved to a cannibal and debauched fiend

What did we do to you.

>that one Jinjo ito manga where the girl has a lot of holes

Or was that a hentai doujin

>Or was that a hentai doujin
it was

There was one where a girl had a spiral on her face.

Honestly, she was always a manipulative THOT, though hot. The nicest she ever was was in that one where the guy has to take care of her head, and then the original Tomie comes along and tells him how much she loves him.

There was one where owning this cursed rock filled you with holes or something

I remember the first chapter she was just a sweet cute girl and her boyfriend went insane and everything went tumbling down from there

Nah, she was hitting on the teacher, who later went insane when she came back to life. What would a Tomie gf even be life?

*Like, God damn it

>the centipedes coming out of the walls
Yep, Ito

So is his name Junji, or Ito?

>tfw I have the Tomie anthology book
Most of the Tomie stuff ins't online feels good desu

not that user but I just read it
dat funky fresh forest feel doe

>tfw sister wants to keep my copy of Uzumaki
I need all three of them

TFW the cold got to her ;_; Ito should do a story about death flags and deadly japanese flu

What is his best story?

Hellstar Remina, Uzumaki and Tomie

>Hellstar Remina
The ending kind of ruins it for me.

go on

I dont like holes

gay

Fuck yeah Ito dump best part of Sup Forums

Makes my fucking skin crawl
How does he do it?

>holes
MOTHERFUCK

Junji Ito's drawings aren't really that spooky. He should drop ink and work with something that actually offers some range of value.

Why do all of Ito's stories suddenly end for no reason?

Spooky stuff become a lot less spooky when you explain them.

In Japan that makes your stories seem deep.

I think horror doesn't actually work well with the 3 act stuff, it's best when it begins and ends somewhat in the middle. personal preference rather than a rule though

I'm prepped for spooky

Horror short stories are always like that.

RIP Hideo

i'll dump another one later

Because it's not pachinko or a mobile game with microtransactions. That's Konami's main business now.

To elaborate a bit more, those two things are insanely profitable for Konami (at least for now) and cost a fraction of what a AAA game like Silent Hills would have. All they have to do is reuse the IPs they created in their pachinko and mobage games and watch the cash flow.

Ito's endings are always underwhelming.

He needs to do a full scale magnum opus lifework instead of those shitty short stories.

But we already have Cat Diaries

I think Uzumaki is his best work. I kind of feel that he get's bored and rushes the ending most of the time.

I'VE HEARD THERE'S VIDEOGAMES IN THAT HOLE. I'M GOING IN.