Anyone else think nintendo kinda fucked up by releasing odyssey so close to forces?

anyone else think nintendo kinda fucked up by releasing odyssey so close to forces?

How? They're both sonic games.

/thread

lol

Sonic Forces looks like dogshit. If Sonic wasn't in the game it would literally sell 0 copies. Sonic Team lost their touch, and it's ironic that you need literal indie devs to make a good Sonic game.

>that you need literal indie devs to make a good Sonic game.
funny because most of the levels in mania were originally made by sonic team lel

This. The game looks so fucking bad.

I was hyped when they announced it too, because I like classic sonic and boost to win gameplay, but everything theyve showed of the game so far looks abysmal.

>2017
>3D sonic fans still exist

just saying.. forces will outsell odyssey

Do you honestly believe this?

yes.

Generations couldn't even outsell galaxy or 3D world

>we finally see more of modern sonic's levels
>it's more hallways

oh goooooooood my favourite

>Sonic generations: 3.8 million copies
>Breath of the wild: 3.7 million
Yes.

>There are people who unironically think Sonic's more popular than Mario

The war between them ended a long time ago, OP

If anything they are releasing Super Mario 3D world 2 that will get 10/10 just because it's mario
worse textures than gamecube and hat gimmick to make up for the lack of innovation

>REEEEEE how DARE they make a game linear!! who gives a shit about a streamlined, refined and focused experience!! everything should be an ubisoft open world game!!!!!!
Burn in hell, you're the cancer killing modern gaming.

Either bait or delusional.

This. Sonic Mania is just a glorified ROM hack. Get back to me when those "indie devs" make a good, original Sonic game, especially a 3D one.

that's sad user

Sonic Mania is not horrible but Sonic 2 and 3 are 100x better

Nope
Breath of the wild: 4.86

calling strangers user is even more sad

>who gives a shit about a streamlined, refined and focused experience
He's talking about Forces though, not Generations.

>decides to move goalpost and compare to Botw instead
>compares Generations sales across all platforms to Botw Switch version only
>even then can only get just 100k more sales
The total absolute state of sonicfags

BOTW- out for 8 months
Sonic Generations- Out for years

really makes you think....

Get back to me when ANYONE makes a good 3D Sonic.

done.

Sonic Mania shits all over them and dethroned 3K go fuck yourself

I can only see Forces possibly outselling Odyssey during the first month, depending on how many copies Nintendo puts out during the time, but I guarantee Odyssey will keep on selling long after Forces loses steam. Plus, Forces has four platforms while Odyssey has one.

Mario doesn't stand a chance, does he?

Sonicfags as always naming Mario to remain relevant

He said good, user

Other way around.

I said good.

*does a blockening's of you're path*

Don't forget that Nintendo games have stupidly long legs. Still haven't bought Botw despite owning a Wii-U since I'll own a switch when Pokemon hits and the switch version is better.

>funny because most of the levels in mania were originally made by sonic team
Wrong. It uses small snippets of the previous stage design but other than that the game is all original. They even recreated the assets in the game.

Forces is shaping up to be an abortion. Do you really have to be a Mario fan to not want to go anywhere near Forces?

>sonic competing with mario

I hope you're mememing. My Little Pony doesn't compete with Game of Thrones.

>Sonic's arms aren't blue

Wait, did Chris Chan's temper tantrum and subsequent vandalism actually send a message to sega?

in what way is mario similar to my little pony?

this is one of the worst threads in the history of Sup Forums and I've been here for at least seven years

>>Sonic generations: 3.8 million copies
>>Breath of the wild: 3.9 million as of June 30th
Also years and a 3 system multiplat vs Switch only sales.

Why did you put Mario where Sonic was in his analogy?

It's because Sonic fans are so autistic and fucked in the head, you can't talk about Sonic. Worst fanbase in gaming, no question.

>Generations didn't even outsell 3D World
>Generations had the advantage of many platforms while 3D World sold on the commercial flop that was the Wii U
Laughable.

Forces is on multiple platforms. MAYBE it can win at initial sales, but Odyssey will still be selling at full retail price 2 years from now while Forces is in the $5 bargain bin.

Oh wait yeah there was a 3DS version too.
Make that 4 systems.

>MAYBE it can win at initial sales
It won't.
Just look at the lack of interest there is for it. You can also count the Switch version out too given how poor the performance of the game is on that.

Everything Nintendo on the Wii U sold, even shit like 3D World because its owners were mostly braindead.

Boy Sup Forums is really starting to scrape the bottom of the anti mario oddyssey barrel huh?

Forces looks like absolute garbage and I say this as someone who likes Sonic more than Mario.

Why is it so hard for Sonic Team to just make a simple momentum based 3D platformer? Just make a Classic styled Sonic game in 3D. That's all you need to fucking do.

That's not relevant information. It still sold more, regardless of what you believe the circumstances were.

This is true. It's sales might be further fucked because Mania's better and half the price if you still want Sonic.

still waiting

It's always funny seeing Sonic fanboys misconstrue people knocking Sonic Team's shitty level design as a knock against linearity as a concept.
As if being a linear level means having to consist of a single, barely interactive rectangular corridor over a death pit that you boost down.

Hey if anyone wants to call out Forces for looking dark and gloomy, blame this rotten world and everyone in it for being a piece of shit.

Epic Reddit and Morty pic, friend.

It absolutely is. Saying shit like commercial flop when literally everything Nintendo sold shitloads on it just from existing is ignorant at best.

That's Bobs Burgers you uncultured fuckstick

>It absolutely is. Saying shit like commercial flop when literally everything Nintendo sold shitloads on it just from existing is ignorant at best.

Not him but your argument is still irrelevant. Despite the fact 3D World was limited to a userbase of 13 million it still old better than Sonic Generations did on 360 + PS3 + 3DS + PC combined.

Saying the Wii U was a commercial flop, which it was, was said to drive the point home that Generations, across all platforms, could not even outsell the Mario game on one of Nintendo's worst selling consoles. If you don't understand, then we can finish our discussion here.

>Reddit and Morty

All Reddit cartoons look the same. It's either that or the Steven Universe "art".

>newfag desperately backtracks
Pathetic, user

Stating a fact is backtracking now. Surely calling me user will hide the fact you've been exposed.

Don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.

redpilled af

Not him, but yes, you are backtracking. And shitty opinions are not facts, user. Also, user.

>Not him
Uh-huh.

forces will flop, but enought spergs and infants will buy it that they can make more

>the commercial flop that was the Wii U
It didn't sell Wii levels, but I thought it was still profitable

sonic team used to be good but anything they churn out is these days is literal dickshit so your point it invalid

Of course it was, Nintendo has obscene profit margins.

Not going to be an issue for Nintendo since one of them can be pirated

It did lose them money in the first two years bit they recouped the losses.

They're only blue in his Boom design. Regular Sonic never had blue arms.

>asscreed shills making a joke thread because nobody actually believes Odyssey is in any danger from any game next week.

How about we play a game? Name a game that could have come out next to Odyssey and how badly it would have sold compared to Mario? Mania's release would have brought up the old Dreamcast slogan ''Sega dies while Nintendon't''.

If anything, Sega releasing Forces so close to Odyssey is the big mistake, here. I'm still looking forward to it, kinda. It's not a game I'm anticipating, but it's a game I'm expecting to have fun with, which is all I want from the media, even if it's not amazing. Then again I also enjoyed Lost World WiiU for what it was and wish they had expanded the parkour system rather than going back to boost so quickly, so maybe I'm retarded.

Honestly Lost World wasn't as bad as people said it was when you get past the physics.

The level design was the game's biggest flaw in my opinion. There was a gem under the unpolished mess, but they probably won't do anything about it, and I don't think the modding community for the game is much of anything.

I swear, I must have seen this exact same post for every bad 3D Sonic to date.

He's right though, the Mario Galaxy tubes and balls really fuck with Sonic and his momentum, anything with a flat design plays fine, such as the first part of Zelda Zone.

"you're path"

Are you retartet?

Are you?

Calling Sonic a threat to Mario is like calling Battleborn a threat to Overwatch.

Nah, people don't shitpost about the physics on other 3D Sonic games, just Lost World.

Nobody here believes any kind of Sonic game will outsell a main Mario title. It doesn't work like that anymore. It hasn't worked like that for a really long time at this point. Truth is they're happy with Mania even if they know that a decent fangame they've been waiting for got its hype for the year absolutely destroyed by the slew of great games.

Can you pirate the marvel dlc yet?

Whoops, wrong thread

>all these games coming out now
Why? Undertale came out a shitty year, the first Walking Dead game from Telltale came out when its only superior to come out that year was Kid Icarus (Journey, lol), the past years have been average and this is the fucking year all these high scoring games come out. Are we fucking cursed? Finally something good comes out and it gets drowned out by all this mediocre shit with a few gems in there, but all those other games are instead praised to high hell and back. People say ''oh it should have been'' but this seriously should have been a year of Mania. But no, somehow games like an average DMC clone with a nice ass are going to be remembered instead when talking about 2017.

0/10