Aztec game when??

Aztec game when??

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cUVpy-PCroQ
engadget.com/2017/10/19/indie-games-steam-fail-aztez-developer-interview/
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/392267809/#392271576
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Every spring the Aztecs used to organize "gladiatorial" combats between their highest military ranks and the enemy elite warriors and commanders who were captured in battle. As part of the festival, nobles from all Mesoamerica were invited to witness these combats.
Nevertheless, only the Aztec warrior fought with an obsidian edged weapon and his movement wasn't limited by being attached to the sacrificial stone. The combat was over when the Aztec warrior was unconcious or when he managed to makes his foe bleed enough.
Usually the first combatant for the captured warrior would be his captor and if the captured warrior was victorious he would face several other contenders. According to Bernardino de Sahagún, the number of Aztec warriors increased with each victory and there was up to four at the same time. A famous Tlaxcaltec warrior, Tlahuicole, was granted his liberty after killing 8 warriors and defeating 20 more but he prefered to be sacrificed than bring dishonor to his country.

Maybe next year's Assassin's Creed

Flower wars differed from typical wars in a number of important aspects. While engaging in a flower war, competing armies would meet on a "preset date at a preselected place.”[5] These places became sacred sites and were called cuauhtlalli or yaotlalli.[2] Combatants signaled the start of war by burning a large "pyre of paper and incense" between the armies.[2] Actual battle tactics also differed from typical warfare.[6] In typical warfare, the Aztecs used atlatl darts, stones, and other ranged weapons to weaken enemy forces from afar.[6] However, in flower wars, the Aztecs neglected to use ranged weapons and instead used weapons such as the macuahuitl[7] that required skill and close proximity to the enemy.[6] The use of these kinds of weapons allowed the Aztecs to display their individual combat ability, which was an important part of the flower war.[6]

Flower wars involved fewer soldiers than typical Aztec wars did.[2] A larger proportion of the soldiers would be drawn from nobility than during a typical war.[8] These characteristics allowed the Aztecs to engage in flower wars during any time of the year.[8] In contrast, the Aztecs could fight larger wars of conquest only from late autumn to early spring, because Aztec citizens were needed for farming purposes during the rest of the year.[8] Additionally, flower wars differed from typical wars in that there were equal numbers of soldiers on each side of the battle; this was also related to the Aztecs wanting to show off their military prowess.[9]

Tenochtitlan was at best merely a mass of hut barely holding itself together in a swamp. You're life is a lie.

if only
those fake rumors of an aztec themed dark souls were a huge letdown

>youtube.com/watch?v=cUVpy-PCroQ

Seriously though, I would actually love a game about conquering the New World. Hoping a Bannerlord mod is eventually made.

lmao
top song

what could have been

bump

Expeditions Conquistador is the only one I can think of

not aztec enough unfortunately

none of those ruins are aztec

Never because racisms.

Warhammer total war 2 has aztec dinosaurs

because basically there are no aztec ruins aside from the foundations of the Templo Mayor

So it's just a coincidence that all of the areas that conquistadors said major landmarks are at have ruins of those things at those spots and all early colonial maps of mexico city made before the lakes were drained matches up 1:1 for the boundaries of the islands and the locations of the causeways for Cortes's map and the maps and land surveys we have in the few remaining aztec manuscripts and tax documents?

why would they drain lakes

You could have posted the templo mayor ruins, some of the ruins around Tlatelolco, El Tepozteco in Morelos, or Tenayuca and Santa Cecilia Acatitlan if you wanna push how "aztec" is defined

cortez really fucked up mexico huh?

not even south america is this incompetent

Aztez

you get to slaughter them, what else do you want

>tfw the devs of this spent 5 years working their ass off on this but the game bombed despite being pretty good

engadget.com/2017/10/19/indie-games-steam-fail-aztez-developer-interview/

It looks good, but they slapped too big of a price tag on it. Nobody would pay that for what you get.

>Santa Cecilia Acatitlan if you wanna push how "aztec" is defined
lmao just push yours then, but none of them is of a similar height to tenochtitlan and the other important cities of the triple alliance, hence why i posted some that rivaled it

>Only one quadranglar basement currently survives, which might have been one of the site's main structures. It consists of a large staircase leading up to a temple. Like Tenayuca, it is thought that the temple was dedicated to the worship of Huitzilopochtli and Tlaloc. The construction method was probably the characteristic one of successive structures, one on top of the other, and at least four successive time periods have been detected. Today, the inside of the pyramid is one of the best preserved interior structures. The exterior structures were removed and many of their stones were used to build the adjacent church, which dates back to the late 16th century.

Montezuma was a cuck

>"The city of Iztapalapa contains twelve or fifteen thousand houses; it is situated on the shore of a large salt lake, one-half of it being built upon the water, and one half on terra firma. The governor or chief of the city has several new houses, which, although they are not yet finished, are equal to the better class of houses in Spain –being large and well constructed, in the stone work, the carpentry, the floors, and the various appendages necessary to render a house complete, excepting the reliefs and other rich work usual in Spanish houses. There are also many upper and lower rooms–cool gardens, abounding in trees and odoriferous flowers; also pools of fresh water, well constructed, with stairs leading to the bottom."
- Cortes to Charles V

>"The next morning we reached the broad high road of Iztapalapan, whence we for the first time beheld the numbers of towns and villages built in the lake, and the still greater number of large townships on the mainland, with the level causeway which ran in a straight line into Mexico. Our astonishment was indeed raised to the highest pitch, and we could not help remarking to each other, that all these buildings resembled the fairy castles we read of in Amadis de Gaula; so high, majestic, and splendid did the temples, towers, and houses of the town, all built of massive stone and lime, rise up out of the midst of the lake. Indeed, many of our men asked if what they saw was a mere dream. And the reader must not feel surprised at the manner in which I have expressed myself, for it is impossible to speak coolly of things which we had never seen nor heard of, nor even could have dreamt of.
(...)
>But, at the present moment, there is not a vestige of all this remaining and not a stone of this beautiful town is now standing."
- Bernal Díaz del Castillo, True History of the Conquest of the New Spain Chapter LXXXVII

Damn, that's sad. I haven't picked it up yet, waiting to hear what other people thought

I suppose that's true.

Expeditions: Conquistador?

Age of Empires II. Same for Mayans and Incas if you want those

great read.

I'd say it's worth picking up if you dig the setting and you are into games that are about combat system mastery like fighting or CURAYZEE games, since Aztez's fun is more about gitting gud with the combat system and doing crazy combos then anything else

Sauce for the bottom right pic?

Artists are Scott and Stuart Gentling, they both died a few years ago and there's not that much art of there's that's available online or is easy to find.

thanks, user

I dumped all the art I have from them in this thread a few weeks ago
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/392267809/#392271576

I found a higher res version of one of them between when I dumped that and now, pic related

thanks!!

YOU ARE THE ONE AND ONLY

dark souls stuff like sacrificing self to rekindle light is fairly similar to aztec stuff, no?

aztec souls when?

Based user

Now that I remeber, wasnt Colombus in possession of an apple of eden? It was in the movie

>bannerlords
user......

Total warhammer two

>tfw there's like 200 other excerpts from conquistador accounts that say more of the same shit about how pretty Aztec cities were

Loved the architecture

u