Ffxiv

>Still haven't gotten past shinryu ex first phase

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/58scyn/optimal_squadron_composition_theorycrafting/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>people still struggle in the new raid

don't worry user
you don't need to do content, just watch unending coils next week!

>can barely get past diamond dust in shinryu ex, starting to get sick of trying
>Haven't tried o3s yet, decide to hop in a learning party for it
>fight is generally more complicated and faster paced than shinryu
>nearly get past library phase within the first few tries
I'm convinced that the only reason shinryu seems so impossible is that there's no barrier of entry besides getting gear from creations or easy as shit fights. Each savage fight has paradoxically gotten easier to clear compared to the last one because any shitters who aren't lucky enough to get carried get filtered out.

>laready cleared ivalice, shinryu, and story
Wow what a content fille patch....

>people still play this shitty game

Should I stay drk or level another tank? I like DRK but its in a pretty bad spot especially when tank roles are so defined that using one that is just straight up weaker makes no sense outside of the content not requiring it.

Any machinist mains out there? How fun is it at 70? Got a 70 bard but I'm not feeling it.

Play PLD

you're not wrong about that

what's wrong with BRD
i play both

I'd rather have quality content that can be cleared in a few days than huge amounts of grind that you have to do just to be able to keep up

I feel the same. MCH is leterally hit shit on cooldown the class. Space out for a slight second or 2 and your whole WF sequence is ruined however for a range class its strong. I'm not even 310 yet and on the susanoo SSS i hit for 3.4k damage finishing it with like 20 seconds left.

What don't you like about bard?

>try to tank any high end content
>busters, boss positioning and add management are on point
>ultimately cannot clear because idiot healers somehow can't heal fast enough after raid damage or retarded dps don't know how to consistently do mechanics
>the one actually good guy leaves because it's one in the morning and he has to work tomorrow or some other normue excuse

If I already leveled DRK I won't go for PLD to be honest. How is WAR? The rotations look like a mini DPS but the buffs it got were strong.

You could try another one and see if you like it more. DRK generally does the job just fine, though. Don't listen too hard to people talking about what's good or not, because they're usually talking about how good it is at speedrunning the hardest content in the game. The difference between jobs, tanks especially, usually won't have much to do with whether or not you can clear fights.

Yeah it does especially since its easy to play and its huge damage CD is 40 seconds and can be extended for an easy 50 gauge.

I wish it had more and that spiller outside of grit was worth DAing but oh well. Spamming souleater with the occasional power combo is mind numbing.

I wish I could erp with people

Well, I can't personally speak for PLD, but if DRK is too boring for you WAR has three different combos to juggle (your aggro combo that you'll want to sneak in whenever you can because it does more damage than your DPS combo, your actual dps combo that gives you more gauge, and your self-buff combo) along with some pretty engaging cooldown and gauge management.

Go to the general then

Yes well aside from shinryu where is the quality content?

Palace of the Dead

>Played MCH all through HW
>3.2 buffs come along and make us literal gods
>can’t adjust to MCH being shit again

>MCH
>shit

None of the jobs is shit at the moment.
I don't think the balance has ever been this good

i mean, it isn't shit
it is fucking awful to play though

MCH has potential to be better than BRD
what're you talking about

I like jobs that are "awful to play", it makes them more engaging to me.
I actually think SMN is a bit too simple now, since it's not unreasonably demanding and punishing like in 4.0

But that's wrong, if anything it just plays differently. Don't tell me you actually enjoyed spamming the boring 1-2-3 shots while waiting for the long Wildfire cooldown.

What HW MCH did wrong, SB MCH did better and vice versa.

>play tank because people are always missing tanks in parties
>DPS/heal checks fail
>play healer so that everyone stays alive/actually help with DPS
>tanks don't use cooldowns and DPS stand in everything
>play DPS so we can clear DPS checks
>never find a spot in any parties
Hmmmmmm.

Don't post pictures of my wife here, please.
Thank you.

about to hit 70 what should i expect

dailies grind

femroe

Which DRK sword looks close to rebellion

Great boss battles.
Don't be a pussy and just grind for welfare gear, start doing extreme primals and then Omega Savage. If you can't find practice groups on PF, make them yourself

Kinna Greatsword. Have fun grinding PotD for it, though

Everyone keeps telling me to play BRD because MCH is bad and no one want one in their static.
MAKE UP YOUR MINDS

Make me.

The people who shit on MCH have never touched MCH in their life. It's in a really good spot now.

tell them that they are retarded
what really matters is which one you're better with and want to focus on improving
depending on comp either one will do more damage than the other and they both have the same amount of utility
MCH might be a tiny bit better than MCH because it brings more damage to the group and personal dps but it's harder to play

You ready for next week for Bahamut Ultimate groups and that one guy leaves after first wipe and makes everyone deal with the 2 hour lockout

>WHM starts outdpsing me

maybe stop being bad

Came here to post this. When the real end game is the mad dash for housing plots you know things are bad. That's old school timed spawn camping shit.

It's a shame because some of the jobs are fun to play now, and there's no reason to play the game for more than a few hours a week. Doesn't justify the subs.

>V1S and V2S
>Tanks that still don't know what Shirk is
>Healers letting tanks die to auto-attacks
>"waah I died cause tank didn't position Clamp"

>V3S and V4S
>Above average/serviceable players with few exceptions
>Role actions are properly used
>People are more inclined to actually debate mistakes in a logical manner instead of just playing the blame game

I dont get why there is such a huge abyss of difficulty between V1S/V2S and V3S/V4S in the first place. Was it like that in the Alexander tiers?

There is a significant jump in challenge going from Catastrophe to Halicarnassus, so many bad players don't even want to attempt O3S

Well I guess I'll give up on BRD and go back to MCH.
So what is my opener even supposed to look like now for leveling? Every single opener I've seen calls for using Flamethrower to overheat and I can't get that until 70.

MCH isn't bad, its just clunky and unforgiving.

just use stabilizer and do not overheat for your opener

Seriously, play what you want. I swapped to BRD from MCH myself because I couldn't handle the rigidness of MCH and the opener/RNG with the other Wildfires.

o2s is the retard filter

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Level 70 content is all that matters.

Can anyone tell me how you get the push up an d sit up emotes with the squadron stuff?

You just need to level them up 55 and 60 or something?

You unlock them after 10 dungeons with the squadron I think

>Nuked Susano EX first week
>Farmed out weapons for it
>Skipped Lakshmi because I can only masturbate so much in one sitting
>Plus it's only accessories so dgaf
>Hear ShinryuEX is a mechanics shitshow and gloriously hard
>New 24man is decently challenging for most of the retarded playerbase
>Decide to just pal around with squadrons and spam farm Omega Norm instead for off classes

Is stormblood the comfiest single player experience so far or what

My problem with bard? every other bard I play with is a massive shitter and it discourages me from playing it

>New 24man is decently challenging for most of the retarded playerbase
the hardest part of Rabanastre is hoping the shitty fucking netcode doesn't decide to fuck you.

It's funny how XIV ended up falling behind modern standards as badly as XI did back in its heyday.

It's aging much faster than it is getting feature touch-ups. At least they're promising more wards for 4.2, I guess.

Wish they would add more room for apartments instead of more wards. You could add a shitload more space for apartments than making physical space in game for shitty houses. Nobody even hangs around the residential wards anyway, it's kind of pathetic the lengths these neckbeards went to get their shitty plots and then nobody bothers using them for anything.

Why are the early floor full of shitters? Can't be bothered to learn their job but want to learn savage? I don't understand these people

nigger sb mch is spamming the 1-2-3 and waiting for wildfire to come off cooldown

Thanks mate!

What the hell is going on with the game these days? I havent seen a single competent DPS in expert roulette for days. Literally no TP class uses AoE at all, frequently I even see RDM's that refuse. Tanks pull big, use no CDs and I literally run out of MP just keeping them alive because 2 brain amputated retards are whacking a single mob for 2k dps
It's been like this since 3.1 at least and I honestly feel like quitting the game because I can't even get my weekly tomestones without wanting to kill myself

>tfw only did V1S
>not interested in swimming through pub shitters and wasting incredible amounts of time each week trying to do content that is too far above their skill level

I never said it wasn't, but are you aware that the cooldown for Wildfire has been shortened? That the heated shot animations are much more aesthetic and pleasing? And that your turrets are no longer just MP/TP batteries?

Is mch harder or easier than hw? I tried it in hw and casttimes killed it for me.
What about smn? Can anyone post good opener for 4.1? I've only found old 4.0 one and it's long as fuck.

that just makes you stand out more
appreciate that

HW MCH had the highest skill floor of a class I've ever seen in an MMO.
It's far easier now.

Is there a meta for the Squadron mission already?
Like, a specific job to take or a specific mission to take so its cleared faster?

Yeah, bard in general is a shitter magnet. They play it like your average DPS class instead of a support oriented damage dealer. Their songs are quite potent when used properly, but that's far and few between these days.

people think they get a free pass for doing bad dps because bards does the lowest damage out of all the dps when in fact it's the opposite
t. BRD main

What would be the text command to use this skill? I want to make a macro that presses this action multiple times.

>bard friend does 4.7k, as much as me the nin
tfw bad

don't worry, your friend is just good
and NIN damage isn't that good either

reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/58scyn/optimal_squadron_composition_theorycrafting/

Was figured out long ago, don't think things have changed much since then. As a bonus archers are op as fuck dps in command missions too.

what datacenter? sounds like aether or yuropoor center

When is Super Savage dropping?

there's a bug with archers where if you spam the engage command their cooldowns and auto attack timer resets. so they melt down enemies super fast. it easily shaves off about 10 mins from dungeons

next week
it'll be impossible to clear without a static unless you're JP

Stop playing samurai

Just started this with my cousin. Whats the best way to level up Land and Hand.

>tfw you will never be a degenerate living a fantasy life in the woods

>still haven't even set foot in the place
I'm just scared of screwing up and killing everyone. Learning groups fall apart fast and nobody wants noobs in their group.

Only level 44.
Does the game get better with Heavensward?

levequests and grand company turn-ins

Elachi quests from the birdmans are good, as well as moogles when you're 50 and out there in HW land

Guy who asked earlier here, I was in stone vigil with my ARC/PUG team as a tank and holy shit thank you for this, she literally raped everything inside, good thing I went tank since she took aggro like crazy.

I switched Careless Whisper to an ARC too, I'm gonna try to see how crazy it is now.

Thanks nigga. We just beat the ARR and on the 2.4 quest line now. WHM but I'm thinking about going AST. Cousin just had to be a DPS so he went monk into Samurai.

Just make sure if you're leveling DoH/DoL, don't waste your levequests on fightan quests, there's a million better things to do for DoW/DoM for XP then leves, and leves are great for DoH/DoL

The daily turnins to your GC gives a good, pretty passive XP to everything, since you can just buy the shit for pretty cheap generally from vendors or the market board

Don't worry about grinding out levels, just do your daily shit and you'll get there without burning out

>static had no interesting in shinex
>randoms can't clear

The story and music gets better but the gameplay more or less stays the same except you get more abilities that don't trigger the GCD and stuff.

>Mfw they melt bosses so quickly they skip all their mechanic

anyone on Malboro? I'm quitting and will give up my mansion in the Mist to you so long as you meet the following requirements:
1. At least 3 level 70s
2. No anime horseshit anywhere to be found
3. Not a known shitter

I'm serious. Post your name and its yours

Aww man why aren't you on Siren

I'd say the real gameplay starts at 50 and reach its full potential at 70

they really need to adress the synced level shit, I can't stand doing roulette and going to satasha to spam 1 ability

Sell the account for money instead.

>11min Stone vigil

>goes to aurum vale and not have your lvl 50 ability which is pretty bad depending on your job

Yeah they really should adjust the low level skills. It gives a bad impression on people new to the game and its a bad learning curve. For like 50-60 levels the game treats you like a baby