I just got this for $5 on sale what am I in for?

I just got this for $5 on sale what am I in for?

A forced remake that is entirely inferior to the PC original indie game.

youtube videos

Reading a guide while pretending you didn't.

How is it worse than the original?

Music, Graphics, Design, you name it. Look at a video of one than the other and ask yourself whether making it HD really did anything other than ruin the specific appeal of a game that was designed to look and sound like an MSX or NES game. They basically casualized the fuck out of it and gave it some sort of mobage treatment. Nauseating if you happened to play the original when it was first released/translated and exchanged rumors and puzzle solutions with friends to actually finish it, it was like a blast from the past.

A gloriously brutal and clever game, really challenging and satisfying to beat it was.

It's better which makes it worse

This man is baiting, the remake is fine and definitely not casualized.

You should have known what you in for before you bought the fucking game

You guys know how completing certain tasks gets you a character on the ending screen, and getting all characters indicates you have 100%? I kinda wish there was a 0% ending, where you do none of the tasks that triggers characters to appear on the screen, but then some of the basic characters have conditions like "get the holy grail" so you have to avoid getting the holy grail to get an ending with just the protagonist, alone. Alternatively, alone with mulbruk.

Play Pharaoh Rebirth. Better game.

Isn't that game much shorter, much easier, less substancial and more derivative than La-mulana?

Too bad Holy Grail is required to finish the game

But yeah, would be fun if there would be a challenge like that
Though I do already like that for the 100% ending there's at least also a time limit (10 hours)

This. The puzzles are for Ritalin driven autistics. It's fucking good, but don't expect a ride in the park.

dont listen to this retard

Yes.

Masterpiece of a Metroidvania while remaining incredibly difficult, obtuse and confusing.

I used a guide and had more fun playing the game than I would have if I had played blind. Five playthroughs across Wii, PC and Vita while buying it on every platform because even if I spoiled the puzzles, controlling and mastering Lemeza's movement while trying to memorize the entire game was some of the most fun I've had in vidya since I was a kid.

How is it better?

This game is shit

The wildest archeological adventure you'll ever go on.

Need a guide: the game, seriously, you will need a guide at some point to progrees in this game, it starts fairly simple but as it progresses it becomes more and more obtuse

Is the sequel ever coming out, or is it vaporware now?

If you want to play more La Mulana but beat the game already there's a randomizer for it, it's really fun.

Sequel when?

user, you seem to have made a few grammar errors, let me correct that for you
>I am shit at this game

are you that
>REEE LA MULANA IS BEST FUCK THIS HOLLOW KNIGHT SHIT
user ?
If you like metroidvanias it sure is worthy for that price

Didn't they say everything was mostly done and they wanted it out around PAX East next year

La-mulana is literally just a zelda game but with puzzles that aren't for babies.

"Le requires a guide" fuck you this is why modern vidya has """puzzles""" that consists of the same exact sliding block puzzle or light-up-the-tile puzzle or switch-the-path puzzle over ans over

This. La-mulana's puzzles are meant to be challenging, because it's not a game made for baby brainlets. If you can't solve puzzles made for adults, you're just a baby