ITT: games ruined only by their controls

ITT: games ruined only by their controls

That shit was fucking infuriating and unacceptable. Who the fuck play tested this shit and thought they could switch the fucking jump and shoot buttons?

I will forever be platinum mad about it

I beat all the games on this collection with the swapped buttons no problems.

And yes, I had muscle memory from the old GB MM games. Y'all just need to get good. How do you call yourselves game aficionados and you can't even handle some different controls? For a board that bitches about casuals, you are some bitch made butt babies.

to be honest

>two buttons are swapped reeee

Git gud, retard mistake but it takes bad camera and buttons a lot more fucked up than A and B are switched

Bait or not, putting the dodges on the right stick, the 180° on L1 and taunt on L2 is fucking stupid.

No, you're just a brainlet.

Great argument.
Not using the whole controller for combat is stupid, that's just a fact.
That doesn't make the game bad by any means, but having you're fingers resting on useless button is a missed oppurtunity.

explain yourself.

I eventually got used to them, but I have no idea why they decided to make your character control like he weighs 300lbs.

i dont think it was an intentional design. it was just a shit game

I wouldn't say "ruined", but it is notable to be one of the only Nintendo Gamecube games that does not support the analog stick, at all. It does literally nothing, and you use the tiny D-Pad for everything.

Fuck this game and Black Knight

motion controls are confusing if the game just made players use both joysticks I think I would enjojy it more.

but you can use both joysticks, the motion controls literally just give you more of an advantage if you get good

The GameCube d pad just didn't work

If I recall, this version had a ton of control options but all of them had forced waggle-you had to throw a grenade by flicking the controller/nunchuk

I liked the controls. What did you have a problem with?

Even if they didn't switch the buttons, the GameCube's controller isn't conducive to platformers. You'll be having to use the stick because the D-pad on the GameCube isn't meant to be used in any sort of active capacity like the NES and SNES controllers ones were.

Pretty much all old PC games

i think the notches on the analog stick make it somewhat tolerable for fighting games

I'm tired of this meme. The dpad worked perfectly fine.

Notice how nobody complains about the GBA's dpad even though its literally the same? Gamecube dpad complainers are on the level of people who spout "le water temple so hard xD"

>platinum mad
What are you doing on Sup Forums, Tsukihi?

Jak 2 fuck you driving controls

Not him but are you a lefty? Controlling the flying and ground parts with the buttons is ass and I should have to get a different attachment.

>can't handle
why would you even suspect yourself to it

Black Knight at least plays a little better

to me, it wasn't about the size of the dpad. its the way it feels. the GBA's feels smooth to the touch, while the GC's for some reason feels hard on your thumb when you press it.