What are your top 3 Capcom games, what was the first Capcom game you remember playing...

What are your top 3 Capcom games, what was the first Capcom game you remember playing, and what was the thing that made you hate them? Or at least pissed you off the most?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZCG-yf1GLRE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The one with the cute insect, the game before it in the series, and the one with a fucking lot of characters
A guy at elementary school's computer robot grid man
I love Capcom

monster hunter ps2
monster hunter ps2
monster hunter wii u

i dont hate capcom. im just worn out. i dont value the games they make. ive never liked the goofy humor of resident evil. i feel like every dmc after the first is a mistake. im glad i quit monster hunter before the anime shit

they whore their series out too much. just like ubisoft

>What are your top 3 Capcom games
Super SF2 Turbo
Night Warriors
Vampire Savior
>what was the first Capcom game you remember playing
Mickey Mousecapade gives me this really vague sense of deja vu, like I might have played it at a very young age. But the first I'm 100% certain of is an SF2 World Warrior cabinet at a Pizza Hut.
>and what was the thing that made you hate them? Or at least pissed you off the most?
Their neglect and mishandling of the Darkstalkers franchise.

i got bad news for you dude

Resident Evil 2, Killer7, Mega Man Legends
Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers
>and what was the thing that made you hate them?
Legends 3 cancellation. Haven't bought a game from them since.

>top 3
ghost t rick
dragon's dogma
megaman x

>first
not sure, megman x probably

>what made you hate them
every e3 they tease or suggest something related to dragon's dogma 2, then totally fucking fail to deliver, ive gone from disappointment, to contempt to hatred

Like what? They're never gonna make a new DS game, and they're gonna keep spitting on its grave in crossovers, just like they have for the past 20 years. How can it get any worse?

DMC3:SE
Breath of fire 3
MH4U
Probably street fighter 2 or one of their Disney games on snes
Megaman legends 3 being canned. Granted there was a lot of shit they did prior that could easily make you hate them. Still my favorite game company as much as I dislike half the shit they do. they have so many great IP

Don't really have them, since I didn't grow up with Capcom. Resident Evil 4 is definitely one of them though.

Arcade Marvel vs Capcom 2 or Power Stone, can't really remember.

>and what was the thing that made you hate them? Or at least pissed you off the most?
Resident Evil 6. Jesus Christ what a disaster of game design.

They are adding Morrigan using her original sprites to BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle as DLC

RE2
REmake
RE3
SF2
>what was the thing that made you hate them? Or at least pissed you off the most?
Don't hate them, just mad that they shelved a lot of their other IPs.

>top 3
Red Earth, Killer7, and Oracle of Ages (it counts since Flagship was first-party to Capcom) come to mind instantly but this is right on the spot and in no order.

The first game I remember playing is probably Aladin with the Capcom logo but there was probably something earlier.
The thing that pisses me off the most about them is how the Capcom 7 was handled. None of those games should have ever gotten PS2 ports and I'm still fucking mad. At least point I feel they are just downright more stupid than they are evil unlike trash like Ubisoft and Valve who willingly make decisions to fuck people over. I guess Capcom still also has people who put their heart into their work like Itsuno and Fujioka and the entirety of Dev team 1 so I can't really hate them.

Was Red Earth a game you played in arcades, or just emulators?

emulator, I have never seen a physical cabinet of Red Earth. Not too surprised anyway since the game was a massive bomb

Top 3: Vampire Savior, AAI2, RE4
First game: Alpha 3 in the arcade
Hate: Darkstalkers was unfortunate, but what really got to me was the entirety of 2011-2012 where we got Donte, SFxT, and Megaman Legends 3 cancellation

I'm mostly surprised that it occurred in a top 3 list for someone.

I mean, at least a few people in Capcom remember it. Monster Hunter straight up has the lance Blade uses as a weapon and Leo was in Dragon's Dogma concept art

RE4
DR1
DMC

3: Devil May Cry 3, Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo, Capcom vs. SNK 2
First: SNES SF2 Turbo
Hate: Listened to keiji inafaggot and decided to westernize their games causing the company to be at its worst

youtube.com/watch?v=ZCG-yf1GLRE

I'm sure there are people within Capcom who remember it, it was made by a lot of the same people who worked on Street Fighter and Darkstalkers and such, and they clearly put a lot of work into the design and graphics.

It might have worked better if it came out around the time of Virtua Fighter 4 and other games that used cards to save data.

>Top 3
Monster Hunter 3U
Lost Planet 2
DMC4

>First Capcom game
Megaman 2

>What pissed you off
They have great IPs they hold for ransom when a cheap port or affiliated game doesn't sell well, i.e. DarkStalkers or EX Troopers
That and they use said IPs and give them to shitty devs, ex: Lost Planet 3, DmC, Dead Rising

Gotcha Force
Megaman 64
MvC2

Strider, Capcom vs. SNK 2, and Mega Man 4
Mega Man was the first I played
Canceling MML3

Dead Rising, RE 1 DS, Final Fight 2 SNES.

Street Fighter 2.

The first strike was having on disc DLC on Resident Evil 5. The game is forgettable, but the audacity of Capcom to charge for content that was already on the disc was just too much. Over the years they got more Jewy, killed off their devs, killed off their IPs, had subpar western devs make some of their games in the name of saving a few pennies.

Viewtiful Joe
RE4
Dragon's Dogma

First was vanilla Street Fighter II on the SNES, but what started to turn me off from them was when Street Fighter 4 had on-disc DLC costumes. I wasn't very angry but it did bother me since I was used to just unlocking costumes in fighting games prior to that. Then it was the announcement and release of UMvC3 within the same year vanilla MvC3 released.

With DD I thought MAYBE they were getting back to their old form but no, RE7 turning into streamer bait and SFV and Infinite being awful, rushed games prove DD was a fluke.

>top 3 Capcom games
Gregory Horror Show
Resident Evil 4
Street Fighter Alpha Anthology

>first Capcom game you remember playing
Street Fighter II Champion Edition (most likely)

>what was the thing that made you hate them
I don't hate them, but they have done so many things that I was pissed off about.

>closing Clover
>no multiplayer in VJ2 or unlockable characters like VJ1
>killing everything that isn't SF/RE/MH
>fucking up SFxT with gems and that shit artstyle
>releasing stuff in bad taste like Bad Box Art Megaman, and bringing back reboot Spencer instead of Rad or the Donte costume in MvC:I
>Dead Rising after 1
>mobileshit Puzzle Fighter
Probably other shit I'm forgetting too. I don't care about MML3 though, as I never played the other two nor that Tron Bonne game.

>What are your top 3 Capcom games?
Marvel vs Capcom 2, Resident Evil 4, Darkstalkers 3

>What was the first Capcom game you remember playing?
Megaman

>What was the thing that made you hate them? Or at least pissed you off the most?
I don't hate them, but I think they have neglected a lot of franchises that they really should not have and in effect the franchises they've kept alive have become stale.
I think one of the worst things to happen was the online editions of Darkstalkers and Third Strike reminding me what could have been.

>what was the first Capcom game you remember playing,

The best one.

>Final Fight 2 SNES.
dunno why you had to say snes unless you mean to contrast it from the sfc version

Resident Evil 4, Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen, Pheonix Wright: Ace Attorney

>What was the first Capcom game you remember playing
Megaman X5

>What was the thing that made you hate them? Or at least pissed you off the most
Nothing. I don't mind nearly as much what they do as other people seem to. I guess DmC was horseshit.

Top 3: Dead Rising
JJBA Heritage for the Future
Marvel Super Heroes
First was probably the original Mega Man.
What they've done to the Dead Rising series has pissed me off more than anything. Honorable mentions would be what they've done to the VS Capcom series, Street Fighter, and Resident Evil.

1. vampire savior
2. un squadron
3. sfa2

first capcom game was ghost n goblins on nes

the one thing that set me off about capcom was the cancellation of capcom fighting all stars and replacing it with capcom fighting evolution which i have never forgiven to this day

Damn, that was over a decade ago

holding a grudge for that long is the norm for me, i have grudges with people way longer than that

Marvel vs. Capcom
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
Megaman X

Street Fighter II: Championship Edition
Seeing SFIV and MvC3 and knowing that it would be the art direction CAPCOM would be headed. I fell in love with Capcom at the time for their absolutely gorgeous artwork, amazing detail, and top-of-the-line spritework. They sadly threw that all away starting with SFIV, and then buried any semblance of caring with SFV.

But where Capcom has fallen, ArcSys seems to have carried the torch for the most part.

Megaman X3
Xmen vs StreetFighter
Breath of Fire 3

Probably Megaman 2

Their general policy of of making games as an ongoing service, also discarding all the inhouse talent and replacing it with total garbage. They don't have much to offer me anymore.

Mega Man X
Resident Evil 2
Darkstalkers

Don't hate them but they're not really doing much to keep me interested.

>first
Alladin
>top 3
Dead Rising
Resident Evil Revelations 3D
RE4 or 5 because they both play great.
>what made me hate them
Have to say they're just fucking retarded these days. Never was a Mega Mqn guy but I can definitely see the anger with how they treat Dead Rising and RE now.

DMC3
Megaman X
MH4U

I dunno, both Megaman and Street Fighter 2 had already been ingrained in my mind by the time I was old enough to be aware of things. Played lots of licensed games by them such as the Chip 'n Dale games on the NES since I was very little, it's hard to tell which came first.

>and what was the thing that made you hate them
DmC. It was a literal "FUCK YOU" letter to the fans, that's when I knew old Capcom was dead. Though in retrospective, XOver raised a lot of red flags, too.

Surprised at how little Dragon's Dogma is being mentioned

I'm disgusted it's mentioned at all, it's a shit game.

Developed by and excluding Clover Studios:
3rd Strike, DuckTales, Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts, Mega Man X
I can't even remember which Capcom game I first played.
I can't muster the energy to care about Capcom.

>Top 3 Capcom games
DMC3: SE
Third Strike
Ace Attorney 3

>First Capcom game
Mega Man 2

>What made you hate them
DmC

(OP)
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, Darkwing Duck, Capcom vs. SNK 2
Cadillacs and Dinosaurs
- Them shitting on their franchise trying to appease the west (Megaman, Dead Rising, Devil May Cry)

- Censorship (Street Fighter V, etc...)

- Awful DLC and microtransactions practices (Asura's Wrath, etc...)

- Trying new Ideas on already beloved franchises, instead of making new ips on where they can test them first and see if those ideas work or are liked.

- Trigger Happy with their Cease and Desists.

I don't fully hate Capcom, I know there is still talented people who work in there, and they still have the ability to make good games.

Low quality bait

> Gotcha Force

Veo que usted tambiƩn es una persona de gustos exquisitos.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, Devil May Cry, Shadow over mystara (I love classic hack and slash & beat em ups)
Devil May Cry 1
Bad business practices, but they still have good talents on board like Itsuno.

Vampire Savior
Mega Man 9
Capcom vs SNK 2