So why do you use or dont use a fight stick

So why do you use or dont use a fight stick
for me its cause i just drop less inputs on a fight stick

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/QanBa-Q2-Pro-Battle-Of-Wits-Black-Arcade-Stick-PS3-PC-/302492798597?hash=item466df9ce85:g:1uMAAOSwbuNZ4NJL
ebay.com/itm/Qanba-RAF-Q4-Arcade-Stick-Unused-and-in-Original-Box-/162714936152?hash=item25e290e358:g:zxwAAOSw04ZZ5SmA
ebay.com/itm/QanBa-Q2-Pro-PS3-White-Arcade-Stick-/292278077614?hash=item440d2188ae:g:TUwAAOSwzahZf1b3
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

so that i can have chun li on my lap

Easier to negative edge

I don't right now because my stick is trash and is very laggy on PC
Otherwise, I do use it to keep myself familiar with arcade controls because I have lots of real cabs nearby

Fighting games on stick are funner

I don't understand how people mod their sticks but its super popular.

I mean, how do you know how the buttons/stick/gate/whatever that you're looking at will be any better or worse than what you have already? It's not like you can really try it out anywhere or something. Do you just buy like 10 different kinds of gates or whatever and try them all out?

>funner
you have to be 18 or older to post here

I have some dope sticks that I found for cheap, one is a pro street fighter 4 for my xbone and 360, the other is a Hori Mini that works on my ps3 and ps4.

And holy fuck do they suck. Goddamn its so awkward to do combos and anything really. Even easy necrssary things like dash are a chore.

i have pic related and its fantastic. its called the Hori Fighting Commander 4, also works on ps3 and ps4. I have alot of good fighters, me and friends play alot of darkstalkers, bloody roar, jojo and and MK9, its a beauty.

If you hate arcade sticks but want some sore of advantage over traditional controllers, get pic related.

I think the sticks look cool, but thats about it. I think the only reason to traib yourself to use one of these is to be a pretentious asshole. Or if you grew up playing in alot of arcades then they are for you.

I was an arcade boy but when it came to fucking shit up with friends we'd be on the consoles always.

99% of the time, modding is just cosmetic.
You're replacing Sanwa OBSF-30s with different colored Sanwa OBSF-30s and buying a clear plexi so you can customize the art.

If not, it's usually just replacing the stock Hori parts with Sanwa ones, since they're the arcade standard and also come in more colors.

Fight sticks are way too fucking expensive, sixty bucks for a controller is too expensive

Fighting games when played upon a stick, I dare say, are more fun. Indeed, they are altogether more satisfying aesthetically.

I never got used to them.

Bought 3 last gen and tried so hard but a pad always felt better to me.

Thanks for the thread

So I'm reading different opinions about arcade sticks and it's kinda confusing to chose one since people tell me to get better a morden one than a old one, I'm trying to save money. If I want a stick not just for PC, but also new consoles and maybe small tournaments at locals are these any good?

ebay.com/itm/QanBa-Q2-Pro-Battle-Of-Wits-Black-Arcade-Stick-PS3-PC-/302492798597?hash=item466df9ce85:g:1uMAAOSwbuNZ4NJL

ebay.com/itm/Qanba-RAF-Q4-Arcade-Stick-Unused-and-in-Original-Box-/162714936152?hash=item25e290e358:g:zxwAAOSw04ZZ5SmA

ebay.com/itm/QanBa-Q2-Pro-PS3-White-Arcade-Stick-/292278077614?hash=item440d2188ae:g:TUwAAOSwzahZf1b3

I mostly play Tekken.

I was thinking to try these but I don't know I should try an arcade stick or this, you think it could be good for Tekken?

I only make 20k a year and I have two $200 fighting sticks
there is no excuse not to own one

For me, sticks are for retro games and especially beat 'em ups. I prefer keyboard for 2D fighters unless the game has superjumps. Then I use a dualshock like I do with Tekken.

true but what about the off chance there are other people in my life who like to eat food?

I got one because i'm basically incapable of doing a DP on a pad. Also playing fighting games on pad makes the pad thumb go into excruciating pain after a few minutes.

I never got to play in many arcades, my mother downloaded a NeoGeo emulator in our old computer for me.
I prefer a single button press instead of moving the stick.
Sticks are expensive, but it's always fun to see how everyone customizes them.

anybody?

The RAF Q4 is pretty good.
I own it, and the one gripe I can see people having is that the buttons are sensitive buttons. It's some people's thing, but some people dont like it.

You can smack em still, but all you have to do is tap them really softly.
It's a 360/PS3 stick, just know that some games dont use the LZ driver that lets you use past-gen sticks.

Can I use adapters for new consoles or not?

It's a wired USB stick, you do not need an adapter.
Thankfully, a large number of modern fighting games use the Lab Zero driver that lets you use PS3 sticks on PS4, but some of them slip through the cracks, such as the port of UMVC3.

Ultimately you're all good to go with it if you want to play stuff like Injustice or SFV or something. Most big fighting games that come out use it.

I use one because I combo easier with them. All the other functionality and style is a bonus.

Stick is difficult to use. It might be better if I was able to get used to it, but I have no motivation. Pad is enough for me to enjoy.

It's been my hobby for the last few years to try everything out when it comes to sticks. It really comes down to "I wish this element of my stick felt a little more X" and then finding the appropriate mod to make it more X-like.

There are a number of relatively easy and inexpensive reversible mods you can try in almost any stick and that is what most people stick to. Stuff like an oversized actuator or heavier tension spring or lubing up an old stick.

Unpopular opinion incoming
>sticks
>you can use whole hand all your fingers your wrist and your arm for directions
>8 face buttons
>You can use all your fingers for buttons and use techniques like drumming sliding and shit

>controllers
>at most 6 face buttons
>you use the bone of your thumb for everything
>implying it is any way a precise way to input anything

Sticks>controllers it's undeniable

Objectively correct. It's actually really surprising we aren't seeing more fully analog sticks for gaming outside the normal arcade-style digital input stuff.

Hitboxes shit on both. So would keyboards if you get one with keys spaced out decently (which is the real reason why they tend to suck, not ghosting) as the tiny buttons all clumped together are a recipe for disaster in fightan.

>Juri stick
>waifu stick in general

Do you feel embarrassed carrying the biggest signal you're an absolute retard shitter?

Q2 is iffy since the PCB soldering is supposedly bad
Q4 is solid and the PCB is great for Xinput on PC, but also has D-input. It's a PS360 stick, so it's a per game case if it will work on PS4.

Stick movements are hard and require to much hand movement. I'm quite good on a pad but can barely do a 214 on a stick.

Muscle memory is harder on a pad for me so I revert to mashing, and stick just feels more fun.

>fight stick
my penis is a fight stick

I have one because it's the only way for me to replicate the fighting game arcade feel of my youth since they're fucking dead where I live.

Then you should not have started a family on a 20k a year budget you fucking donut

I just use a hitbox because when I started to get serious about fighting games I played on PC.

I want one for arcade emulation.

I play a lot of arcade games and playing on a stick really enhances he experience. It also has some benefits when it comes to fighting games. Pianoing and plinking (in SFIV) come to mind.

>no shaft cover but shaft cover-sized dust washer
this triggers me on unbelievable levels

What's a good poorfag stick? I'm thinking about getting the Mayflash F300 so I could use it for KI as well as my PS4.

If you look around you should be able to find a good last gen stick with PC compatibility for relatively cheap. Something like a HRAP V3 SA would be ideal.

If you want it to be compatible with PS4 then the mayflash is as poorfag as it's gonna get. You could also go to a local tourney and "borrow" a stick when no one is looking.

Isn't it awkward to perform moves that would require you to do "swings" or full circles on sticks with that?