Divinity: Original Sin 2

This game is just not very good, unfortunately. It has so much potential but it completely squanders it. You end one act, you might as well have finished them all. There's too much combat and all the encounters play out the same. Dish out as much damage as possible in the shortest time you can so you can start CC. It feels like a continuation of Original Sin 1 and not in the good way, it's more of the later acts of that game that I never even bothered to finish to begin with. They still haven't managed to reach the heights they reached with Cyseal.

Also, the writing is poor, but I'm not gonna belabor the point, since that's never been Larian's strong suit.

Right there with you. I was hyped and then i put maybe 15 hours in the game and lost all interest. Bland as heck.

Everything past act 3 sucked

>There's too much combat
m8, you spend more time talking, doing mundane fetch quests or shopping than fighting. Too much combat, indeed. Maybe try the point & click adventure genre. Oh wait,this game is already it.

*A mediocre game studio makes another inferior game.*

Fucking retard kys

It's a great game, and it sold excellent despite being a niche title.

[MEDIOCRE GAME STUDIO] *Release another mediocre title and hype it up as the next big thing, these fools will lap it up. They always do.*

>contrarian opinion on popular game with no real criticisms other than "its bad lol"

No arguments to be found.

There's too much combat and all the encounters play out the same. Also, every bit of exploration is solved with the teleport skill, which you get early on no matter what your build is with the gloves.

>There's too much combat
we live in a time that people think this is bad. Millennials were mistake.

t. your mom

>and all the encounters play out the same
Fucking millennials commenting on a sentence before they even finish reading it.

>too much content a bad thing
>encounters play out the same, can just use my poison abilities against all those skeletons
>literally less than a quarter of the first acts puzzles are teleport ones

fagboi

Yeah, the encounter with leaping frogs totally plays out like the fight against the scarecrows which is exactly the same as the fight on the ship, all because the game actually makes you engage with armor/HP instead of shutting enemies down with CC before they can fucking do anything like literally every similar game in the genre.

Wow, all the variety of making sure not to use poison when you're facing undead. Insane. You know I'm right and you reek of desperation. Go shill somewhere else.

Yeah, adding a star trek phaser shield before you can CC that can just be worn down with damage is really revolutionary and totally different from just straight up CC.

Why do all larian defenders type like children?

If you don't understand the difference between having to damage enemies to be able to CC them and being able to CC them at any time, you're retarded and have no business talking about gameplay.

It's an added annoyance. A poor band aid to a problem that doesn't fix anything.

>Past act 3
You mean past act 1. Act 2 was a fucking slog and the leveling you had to do there, anywhere from level 6-16, is fucking cancer. Literally the majority of the game. By the time you gain any real power as a godwoken the game is mostly fucking over. Act 3 and 4 take less than 3 hours total if you really wanted to rush them and since Act 3 is forgettable, besides nuking the tree, and act 4 is a fucking travesty, you'd want to rush it.

It's so fucking obvious they polished the fuck out of Act 1 and part of Act 2 but that shit went out the window in Act 3 and 4. Seriously, the only thing I remember after playing is how fucking stupid the armor system is, the massive amount of bugs which many were game-breaking, and the awful dialogue. Why even have Fane/Skeletons if the dialogue is going to be so fucking inconsistent. One scene I'm a skeleton and the next the narrator pretends I have skin and organs and I'm getting diseased because some bitch made me swallow spiders. Doesn't help that you get stupid shit like Gareth, Malady, and that necromancer attacking you if you remove your armor.

>mechanic stops exactly what it was intended to stop
>hurr but it didn't fix anything

Virginity: Original Cuck series is fucking awful.

no gameplay
no story
no graphics

everything is fucked up. And no, Pillars of shit is worse.

d-d-delete this thread

This fag is butthurt as fuck lmao

how do i create an entire party?

Join your own game three times or wait until Act 2.

wow
sasuga larian

Rephrase your question because I don't understand. You can just recruit the playable NPC's in Act 1 or recruit generic ones in Act 2 on the boat. It's pretty straight-forward.

He wants to create 4 characters the same way he created the main one, you stupid fuck.

For awhile I thought it was great but now I'm starting to see how fundamentally flawed it is

Are you paid to suck Sven's cock or do you do it for free?

>Stupid fuck
Why the fuck would anyone even want to do that outside of making their own retarded special snowflake group? The origin characters add in so much content and the game is already shit with that content in. In act 2 you can just respec everything, not like you lose fucking anything by recruiting an origin character. Literally just an autist doing shit no one else does for no reason other than "I want to." Why the fuck wouldn't I assume he was just a retard who didn't know how to recruit people.

>game is too hard
>they fixed cc
>lolll look at how buttmad you are

I don't get it

Some of the quest lines just seem unfinished, everything else is pretty cool.

My gripes mainly are:
- No mass revolt quest using the criminals in the jail
- If you go out of your way to kill every magister, the prisoners still act like prisoners
- You can't use the new friends you've gained out of the jail to liberate the prisoners
- There is no cool sly way to talk your way out of the prison
- Your dragon buddy NEVER shows up AGAIN

i played this game co-op with 2 other and i find combat encounters too little as i had to make up to it by killing innocent npcs.

>it's a Sup Forums hates literally everything in the entire world episode

>>game is too hard
Literally no one said this

I don't hate Original Sin 2. I'm just disappointed in it. It gets a 6/10 out of me. Elex is better.

This is Bethesda logic though. Using an extremely broad limitations and hoping you'll be able to cover up holes in the design with brute retard force. But as in Bethesda games, those flaws still come through because the game wasn't made with an intricately tied together system. That's why the whole game is just rising damage percentages.

>Elex is better
Holy shit you have horrible taste.

Boo fucking hoo. I like the game, but I can't believe you would be so fragile that you'd refuse to see any of it's obvious flaws.

that is the implication

literally the implication

>Elex is better.
mind sharing with me at which part Elex has done better?

Shut up, idiot. No one cares. This isn't your soapbox to express your incredibly original snowflake opinion. We aren't impressed that you pretend a good game is bad.

Here are the problems for me:
>Numbers start to bloat way too high. This should have stayed more similar to D:OS1
>Split physical/magic armor makes it better to stack one type
>There seem to be about two total armor sets per race and type.
>Not putting persuasion on your main guy often means you end up wanting another character to take the lead so they initiate conversation. I no longer even feel like I'm role playing my own character sometimes.
>crafting, much like the first one, still favors massive quantity over quality. You can make a lot, its just that almost none of it is worth the trouble.
>Cursed fire and other environmental effects are way overkill. It was fine in D:OS1.
>Too many encounters involve enemies unseen beforehand and yet pre-positioning is more important than ever

I'm still having tons of fun though. I'm in the middle of the reaper coast at lvl 14ish.

No, it isn't. You're a fucking moron. What part of "All the encounters play out the same" reads as "This is hard" to you?
How the fuck would you even have any difficulty playing this fucking game? From Act 2 onwards, you can literally respec all of your characters into the exact builds you want to fit whatever encounter you're stuck on.

>Too many encounters involve enemies unseen beforehand and yet pre-positioning is more important than ever
This, big time.

No shit. Not only are they different fucking games but Elex is complete janky trash that I didn't even last 10 minutes. At the very fucking least I managed to beat Div even though the over-all experience was very disappointing.

>Not a soap box
Except it literally is
>Hurrr durr game good I just cant refute your arguments but I'm right and you're wrong!!
Fuck off you underage brat.

Larian fans are pathetic

>>There seem to be about two total armor sets per race and type.
yea this is my main gripe about the game. I hate that the armor variety is spread so thinly among so many classes as i could be wearing the same ugly looking armor piece for 1/3 of the game. sometimes i just prefer that all playable characters are human so the devs wont sacrifice valuable time to make meshes for other races

But you can't even come up with a defense to my point.

Might as well just head to act 3. You'll just steam roll everything. The stat bloat is so retarded that I beat the game at level 16. Playing on the hardest difficulty devolves into the same thing towards end-game because you just outscale everyone, just takes longer.

Great post

It's just so many small issues mounting up into a giant pile.

Many quests are just outright broken, they're being fixed over time but just the amount of them that are completely and utterly dysfunctional is absurd for a released game, even the beta for fort joy didn't have this many problems. This is shit like quest triggers being broken (events not happening when they should leading to dead ends) or quests having the wrong triggers (you save person a in quest y, he tells you to go and meet person b for a reward, then you get into a conversation with person b and he talks about how you failed to save person a and you're a massive faggot)

Not only that, many quests, conversations, plot points and story beats are just... absent, just not even present. There's a whole special event for when you refuse all source training which results in Malady just dropping dead at the start of act 4, not only does the game literally forget this happened in the ending but it locks you out of key areas in the game (hall of echoes lady vengeance) and rather important dialogue with Tarquin, hell, I finished the game as Loshe and the ending just seemed to forget that I was playing an origin character and gave me the generic custom character endings... all of them at once.

Then there's just completely poorly written and nonsensical segments like Sebile's story events. Not only is the reveal of her being the prime scion something that just comes up out of nowhere and is resolved all too quickly without giving you any real information by which to weigh the choices, characters like Sahela change their personality completely in every act they're in. Tell Sahela you don't want to become the next mother tree and she'll try to murder you to take your place, go to the next act and she's somehow around again telling you to destroy the mother tree without any reasoning or explanation why...

It's not though. The armor system exists specifically because OS1's optimal play(that wasn't throwing superchests or Lava Core at enemies) involved spamming so much CC that most enemies would never get a chance to fight back before they were dead.

Was the first one good? I was thinking of buying it once G2A stops being retarded and fixes whatever problem it warns me about

It's even worse if you're lone wolf
>TFW beat the entire final boss fight on tactician with a single spell, and had 3 more spells with similar effects.

OS1 combat was still good though, OS2 is just... repetitive and meh.

OS1 was about controlling the terrain and ensuring enemies didn't get a chance to fight back (or they would win in the same way you would)

OS2 is about teleporting all enemies into a giant pile and spamming aoe, or killing them with a single spell/attack as a 2h warrior.

Plus the combat being a whole collection of minor issues that just add up. Buff moves last for like 2 turns at most, making them almost useless. Static AP ruins the choice of if you want to build a character who can do a lot of little things or a few big things. Accuracy penalties for using gear of a higher level than you are punishes exploration and challenging yourself.

These issues would be minor annoyances if it was just any one of them, but all together it just wears on you.

The writing is the worst part, it's so inconsistent. One second you're in magical wacky cheeky fantasy land akin to Discworld, the next you're in a miserable unjust cruel world straight out of Ice and Fire. You can't have it both ways, game, you just look real silly.

desu OS2 quickly devolves into just clicking on people because you just shit out so much damage if you just stay geared. I was killing 1-2 people on my first turn as a huntsman.

>Any Exploration is solved with the Teleport Skill
I play solo and can't use the gloves and hate magic so I've not experienced this complaint yet

It just don't take itself seriously, duh!!!
Writing in every game ever suck real bad anyway!

>OS1 was about controlling the terrain
Not at all relevant aside from rain+electricity if you knew what you were doing.
>OS2 is about teleporting all enemies into a giant pile and spamming aoe
Round robin initiative makes this far more difficult than you're implying and it worked in OS1 too, it was just flat out worse than CC spam.

Hahahaha.

Use the gloves on the pyramid

I get the feeling the game suffers from too many writers syndrome. The first game worked out a bit better because your characters had one arc to go down. 2 added those miserable Origin characters, whose stories pile on with the main quest and it becomes extremely odious. Doesn't help that the primary cast (Commissar Mustache, Malady Sue, the Origin chars) are all so atrociously unlikeable. All of my friends went with origin chars; I had to make a custom, they were all so fucking bad.

There was a lot in terms of dialogue that could have been condensed. Too many writers all trying to assert their work to the front of the story, leads to everything becoming a jumbled, odious mess.

That does make sense. Didn't they hype up the fact that they had 7+ writers, including Avellone?

I seem to recall that, yea. The problem with that is, writers are usually left-leaning sorts who subscribe to egalitarian/democratic nonsense, so the notion of having a central authority writer figure lording over them and nixing stupid ideas isn't present, but it's extremely necessary to have a person like that around. Otherwise you get George Lucas.

OS2 combat is undeniably better.
You could just end most fights instantly in 1 with meteor shower or CC everything.

OS2 should have included the saving throws from 1. At least when your / enemy armor is gone, at least there is a chance to resist the CC, which puts a little more emphasis on having a backup plan in case your first CC doesn't work.

Shit game desu

Alt-right fag detected.

No challenge, the game is easy as all fuck. You can LITERALLY CC the final boss with a single spell without having a single lone wolf character in your party. So much for the armor system doing anything.
All encounters are the same shit: just build a full physical party and whack everyone over the head with a 2h/crossbow/daggers until their armor is down and then CC them via ram/stomp/sleeping arms.
The economy system is trash that gets broken completely by having just a single rogue in the party.
Character building decisions are irrelevant, because you can respec at will past act 1 and pass any skillchecks regardless of how you've been building your character up to that point in the game.
Choke full of furshit.

These are my biggest complaints with the game. Sadly, they are completely unfixable, as fixing the would require a complete rework of the game's systems. Overall, the game is just hyped up trash that got swallowed by normies due to how easy it is, yet creates an illusion of depth and makes the normies feel like they're not brainlets by playing a """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""tactical"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" RPG.

Having a central figure who cuts all the crap is exactly why The Sopranos is so good, for example.

They could have at the very least had the respec cost something, but no, completely free. Ridiculous.

>muh progressive boogimun

Kys

this thread is a dumpster fire

I love it