ITT: Memory issues

Describe a game you forgot the name of as best you can, hope someone knows it.

PC, released roughly 2003 or before.
It was somewhat pirate themed, you spawn as a cannon on a random tropical island and kill all the other cannons. Shots could raise and lower terrain or do all sorts of things I think. Very much like Worms but fully 3D.

Other urls found in this thread:

macintoshgarden.org/
archive.org/details/ShadowKeepMacintosh
youtu.be/CDCt36ALt-c
retrogamingworld.co.uk/pc/pc-games.-newer-titles/ultimate-superhero-collection/
youtube.com/watch?v=4JtBQ4u4BXs
se-made.com/finalboss.html
youtube.com/watch?v=cts1-rHBjrk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There's this DSiWare game were you played as a jolt of electricity as you ascend to the sky. I love to know what it is, because my DSi is sadly broken.

sounds like scorched earth 3D except for the pirate thing

Could it have been a knock off? It came with a pre-built desktop which is sadly long gone.

This is a third person shooter multiplayer game with a toy/robot theme and it was compared to TF2 a lot. I think it has a V in its title.

Nevermind

weird black-and-white zelda clone on an apple macintosh that I played in the mid-to-late nineties but it may have been even older. I believe some enemies being skeletons or you playing as a skeleton. I can't remember. The game being in black-and-white is its most distinctive feature.

Top down two stick shooter game on the Playstation 1 where one of the characters was a clown or something and I believe they were fighting aliens. played it once as a child and never kew what it was called.

Loaded?

No one's been able to answer this but I keep posting in hopes people will know it.

I remember it was a PS1 game I played on a demo disc. There were two modes a boss mode where I fought some weird dragon's head and his two claws. Killing one of the claws would turn them blue and they wouldn't move anymore and the other mode I was on some sci-fi like place and it was top down from memory. Trying to remember this has been making me go insane

I can't remember the details exactly, but the game I'm remembering was on a PS2 demo disk, and you played as a robot in sci-fire setting. Ive been constantly reminded of it ever since I bought the orange box and played portal.p for the first time. In my mind, the two are so similar, but in reality it's probably nothing like portal.

Some old Ds game, played the downloadable demo and from what little I remember I think you are the first person born into a new world and must catalogue everything you come across with your fairy companion and shit I think the story is something like the world resets every 100 years and you want to stop it

Zone of the enders? Or is that one too obvious?

There was this Wolfenstein style game I played on one of those multi game discs back in the early 2000's, it was classic horror themed so you'd be fighting vampires, mummies and other shit like that. The main thing I remember is the character portrait turning into a skeleton when you died.

Gba racing game it was semi realistic? Had actual cars and such with upgrades but the race tracks themselves remind me of marrio tracks with jumps and bottomless pits

can't help you but here's a good resource if you feel like digging. this site is amazing nostalgia if you grew up with a mac

macintoshgarden.org/

There was a ps2 game where you controlled a giant robot via remote and had to complete missions without destroying the city your view was always from the guy outside the robot and would have to move around so you could see what was going on

There was a game where you controlled a character, can't remember which one is it.

Nah, that's not it. I'm pretty sure it was on one of those jampack disks you could get at Walmart.

Superman 64?

Thanks, I'll check it out. It kind of looked like this game Shadow Keep.

archive.org/details/ShadowKeepMacintosh

have you tried googling the various games that were on the many ps1 demo discs? there's some sizeable lists out there that could help
my best guess is silent bomber but I'm probably wrong as hell

Shit, now that I'm looking into it, I remember playing Zone of the Enders on one of these around the same time. It's not the game I'm looking for, but I'm getting closer to finding it.

contra legacy of war

A PC RTS game that had kind of shitty graphics, but I remember having a lot of fun with it. You control a bird-like thing and your units consisted mostly of tanks that were made out of wood that you could upgrade over time into semi-realistic tanks.

An old collection of minigames on PC. Don't know when it was made, but the graphics/music were pretty decent, so i'd say somewhere in the 90s, maybe. One of the minigames was spelling out/guessing different words. One of the words was the word for when a word or sentence reads the same normally and in reverse. Nun for example. The music was really interesting. It was like old classic music played with different instruments and shit. Only one of the games was a "game" game, but I don't remember much about it other than you control a guy exploring platforming areas in a top-down-but-aimed-at-the-side perspective.

It's not RAD, is it?

OK going to be a challenge for me seeing as I never even got like 2 levels in.

I'm 90%sure my parents got it from a Menard bargain bin for the PS1. Some shitty action type game where you play as robots who instead of legs have a sphere under them controlling movement and I remember going through a linear path attacking and getting shit on by other robots. I remember the colors being pink, purple and green for the robots

Never mind

I remember this, it was called Moho where I live. No idea why, but it beats "ball breakers". Never played it though. Was it fun?

I hated it but I was also like 8

Cannonballs?

I mean if you hated a PS1 game when it was current tech and you were too young to know better it doesn't really look promising now.

Yeah it's not that but I never thought to do that. Found a website that even shows what the discs look like.

It was a demo of a game I played in the early 2000's. Third person fantasy action game where you could chop off an enemies limbs and pick them up as use them as improvised weapons. You could play as a barbarian knight dorf and amazon. I can't for the life of me remember what its name was.

Avalon Code?

Played an arcade game at a Chuck-e-cheese once when I was younger. It was an on-rails fighter jet game, not unlike Star Fox. I recall it being blazingly fast.

Yeah, Ball Breakers. Uncle got it for me the same way.
Yes! That is exactly it. Wildtangent and everything. I wonder how it holds up.

Early to mid 90s PC game (Windows 3.1 or maybe Windows 95, I can't recall).

You were in charge of a tribe of cavemen during the ice age traveling to a new home. It played kind of like Oregon Trail in that there were random events and you could hunt (mammoths and bison and the like) and you made decisions along the way that could pay off or get your people killed.

I remember that I loved it.

Computer game, I remember playing it in elementary school around 2000 but couldn't say whether it was contemporary or old.

It was mainly logic/puzzle-solving gameplay. There may have been time travel elements, as the two puzzles I recall are:
1. Fill in a circuit board against the clock, and
2. You're in a jousting competition, and your coat of arms determines whether or not you win the match, so you have to use clues to figure out what to put.

I think it was on the Genesis, I believe it was a top down shooter where you were timed, and you had to save someone, if you ran out of time your character would explode into a gory mess and his eyes and guts would fly up towards the screen

There was a game I played with my cousins once. It was for PS1, could've just been a demo disk.
All I remember was that it was first person and you shot things with disks, and there was some weird centipede boss on a bridge that you could kill by shooting the posts and making the bridge fall.

I'm thinking it was on Playstation, but I remember a part of this game where the character was in a hallway and then at the end there's a window, and then a dinosaur busts through the glass when they walked by it.
I swear it was a game, and I think I vaguely remember the music, but I need to know and make sure I am not losing my mind.

Everything but the dinosaur part sounds like Resident Evil. Was it fixed-camera or free look?

It was like a futuristic version of pong with techno music and power ups, you faced an adversary in the opposite side of the screen, you moved vertically and the ball looked like it moved through water, leaving waves or something like that. Played it like 14 years ago.

Dino Crisis, dude.

Dino crisis?

again, funnily enough it was literally RE with dinosaurs.

I remember Windows ME having some prebuilt games, one of them was some crappy puzzle game but with gems that fell in groups of three that you had to link and break tetris style, and the other was a really bad shmup that I played the shit out of when I was around 11 or so. I'm mostly trying to think of the shmup honestly.

Severance: Blade of Darkness. Great game for its day.

That makes me think of the Hot Wheels Racing game on the Original Game Boy

That's it thank you so much gonna emulate that now

a game with a bunch of knight characters that you could play with two player in campaing mode, 1p mode, or a versus mode. the game was fun as heck. i played with the dude that used two big ass axes in each hand. it is a pc game

I remember it came bundled on a CD with "safari congo" and "speedy eggbert" among some spaceship games but can't remember this one.

Top-down isometric-ish MMO, based around exploring set dungeons. Don't think there was much of an over world or anything. Similar structure to shit like Grand Chase but 3d and top down.

There was some summoner-ish class that could choose either a Blue crystal fairy thing or a Red sword beetle man thing (or both I think). All I remember is that summoner-ish class and two dungeons- a poison forest thing and a traditional literal castle dungeon.

If I recall correctly, you would enter the dungeons over and over trying to get deeper into the layers each time.

Any ideas, Sup Forums?

It wasn't Centipede, was it?

I dunno, user, is there a first person Centipede game for the PS1 where you shoot disks at things?

FUCKING THANK YOU HOLY SHIT
THIS IS THE TRACK I REMEMBER THE MOST
youtu.be/CDCt36ALt-c
HOLY SHIT I PLAY THIS IN MY HEAD WHENEVER I WALK IN HALLWAYS ALONE
ALL THESE YEARS AND I FIND IT

retrogamingworld.co.uk/pc/pc-games.-newer-titles/ultimate-superhero-collection/
This might help. Superball Challenge, maybe?

Maybe? Full disclosure, I'm just throwing shit at the wall here and seeing if it sticks. It sounds vaguely like what I remember of Centipede.

Also after the forest and dungeon you could travel to a third place, a snowy castle dungeon. But that's all I remember

No it looked better than that and you moved vertically not horizontally, and it always had techno or house as background music all the time. Thanks for trying though.

See if you can find a full list of those "best of Egames" somewhere. If it's on the same disc, I'll bet it's among them.

Yep I'll do that, thanks.

I am always wondering about this game I played once. I just want to see it again.
>PC game
>PS1 graphics
>Resident evil style, that means, pre-rendered backgrounds with 3d models who plays like tanks

I remember the demo (or was the full game?) starting in some kind of temple placed on a high mountains. The main character was male, and he or the NPCs were wearing red clothes. I remember the first level had red, yellow and white colors.
Once of the places was a training zone, like a boxing area (although the game had a fantasy setting) I could pick different weapons.
The last thing I remember was a bridge. Outside the temple there was a wooden brick who connected to another white mountain. The outside had white and red tones, I think the sky was redish.
Sorry I know I can't provide much info.

Microsoft puzzle collection?

Nah not that one. They were both standalone games, I remember some racer too but I'm mostly wondering about the shmup. Thinking back it might have been more of an Asteroids type game.

there were a pretty popular ateroids-type game around Windows 98-Me that came in a lot of PC demo dics.

I don't remember much besides it played like asteroids, but it had a lot of new elements. One of the things I remember was that there were a ship that if you destroyed it, the music fade away.

Astrorock!
youtube.com/watch?v=4JtBQ4u4BXs

Educational childrens PC game from probably 1998-2003

There is one minigame where you are in a barn and collect bandaids

There is another minigame where you play nursery rhymes, and one of them is 3 Blind Mice

Nah it wasn't that one, this was newer, like 1999-2001 range. Thing is I can't remember if it was an asteroids clone or a vertical shmup.

You can play dsiware games on a 3ds with cfw, friendo.

HOLY SHIT YES

THAT O

A-user? Did candlejack to

PC game from the 90's which I think had the word 'knight' in the name. Was a third person mystery/detective type game...

A platformer for either SNES, NES or SEGA Genesis.

You traversed mountains, caves, etc in a 2d sidescrolling platformer, collecting RED diamonds (think Playing cards). Can't remember much else

>old side scroller on the PC
>protagonist was some kind of punk
>flying eyeballs and lava
>you had to collect keys to open doors
>when you died you turned into a skeleton and it went DUN DUN
>on of those disks full of random shit games
Pic related is what I can remember
I've found 2 or 3 other posts around the internet describing this game but no one has been able to find it

I remember seeing the game in some TV programme as a kid - never got to play it, but I always thought it looked interesting. It was some sort of a flight-sim (or at least had those kind of sections), in a setting that looked like a mix of science-fiction and ancient egypt. The story involved some war or rebellion, I think. You controlled some futuristic fighter craft and the gameplay I remember had you shooting at an enemy base in a desert. I also remember the name of a bird being used ("Falcon" maybe), but I'm not sure if it was referring to the player's ship or something else.

It's kind of obvious, but maybe one of the Gabriel Knight games?

I'm sorry I can't help you, user, but what's the name of the game in your webm?

Final Boss

se-made.com/finalboss.html

Bump for visibility, some of us still need help

Thanks a lot, user

Realy Old maxis game. Starts of with an action figure army guy in a toy store shooting shit.

Remember playing this with friends who had a bad PC. It's a decent game.

I remember seeing some game for PS2 that had a blind girl, dragons (i think) and some stuff about opening hell using the seven seals. Any idea what that was?

It was a game where the camera was perpendicular to the ground (top-down view is what is called in English, I think?). We controlled a dude with the arrow keys and used the mouse to aim and shoot at the incoming hordes of monsters. There was some weapon variety and my favorite one penetrated through all enemies and splattered blood where it passed through.

It was a flash game, most likely.

Can someone help?

I played a powerboat racing game on PC in 2002 or 2003 or so. It might've had jumps and shortcuts, but I'm not sure. It was probably awful, but I had fun with it at the time, and I'd like to revisit it.

I've seen After Burner Climax at a Chuck E Cheese before.

Arcade beat'em up with a fairly close top-down view. The player could play as a knight in red (orange?) armor, a dragon-man, or something like like a fairy.
There were familiars you could get to help you, a small knight with a large hammer, some sort of armadillo, and a pink dragon. I remember you revisited a few areas over the course of the game, and fought some massive demon prince dragon thing at the end. A character in the cutscenes was always on fire, and the characters randomly talked about the sky a lot.

Definitely rings of After Burner or After Burner 2.

If it was flash it could have been something like the BoxHead series.

Bit older than your target but could it be VR Sports Powerboat Racing?

Two games, actually.
Xbox HUEG
Multiplayer game
Dudes run around on the inside of a rotating cube avoiding traps and shit

Sega Genesis
Isometric camera style
3 characters to choose from, I think. I wanna say they were like cyborgs or robots or something. I don't remember fuck all else.

Ah-hah, found it myself.
youtube.com/watch?v=cts1-rHBjrk

Fighter jet game on a handheld device (Switch-style, d-pad and buttons on the side, screen in the middle).
Probably before 2000. It was third person (camera behind the jet) and sort of endless-runner style (I think),
like you couldn't turn around or fly loops or such. You mostly flew somewhat close to the ground
(I remember a desert-like area), shooting at other jets appearing before you in the distance.

There is this game i keep thinking of, and trying to remember. Its a tank game, the design was semi comical and semi serious. It was a windows game, where you get to attack other tanks after being places randomly in a map.

The view was from the back of the tank, like the old Tomb raiders. The one important thing i remember was :

To fire, i had to hold down space. The turret would initially be facing straight like normal real tanks. But when you keep space pressed, the turrent would move slowly upwards and you could release when you wanted, making it like a mortar launcher. It was a really fun game :(

Forgot to add: It was in color but pretty pixel-y

Aura Aura Climber