V.

Probably the one with Tifa

theatrhythm curtain call

VIII is the greatest one.

X.

This one

No meme answers

Crystal Chronicles

Definitely, without a single solitary shadow of a doubt, with no questions permitted to be asked because the answer is so obvious, absolutely, certainly, conclusively, as surely as sure can be, the masterpiece of masterpieces, Final Fantasy 13.

One and done, this

Unironic answer? 15

i have a very difficult time deciding between 3 and 5

5, 6, and 9

4 or 6

Disgusting cowtits =/= good game

FPBP
P
B
P

Find it in your hearts. You know it to be true.

The first one (You) played or the one (You) pretend to like due to contrarianism.

4 would've been much better without the whole Moon people business.

7 or 9, any other answer is wrong.

I played FF, FFIV, FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX, FFX-2, FFXII and FFXIII

My favourites are probably X-2 and XII, I just really like the design and characters. Bash and Balthier are great, Rikku and Pain as well. I see dress spheres get a lot of shit but I found that mechanic fun as hell. Also the different battle system in XII was a nice change

Tidus kind of ruined X for me because of his stupid voice. Still good game tho. Zidane was too silly with his tail and just reminded me of Goku.

On a side note, german translations for FF games are terrible.

FFVIII Disc 1. You can't refute this.

SPBP

Which is the best version?

What version of four should I play?
I'd be down for the PS, but the low-quality sound effects kind of ruin it for me.

/thread

Played IX first and for me it had the weakest, bland, most unlikable cast of characters. Gameplay was allright, story was ok, but these characters man...

Weird, most people have the exact opposite experience where they love the world, story, and characters but feel the gameplay is way too slow

Mobius

GBA

FFVII that's 7.

>muh game is too popular I have to appear edgy and smart I will say something else and win the internets!!

Smh

Is it worth to play every final fantasy starting from the first?

You have FIVE SECONDS to explain why FFXV isn't the best FF game ever.

Because I don't have a double-digit IQ.

6, 9, and 14 are the best

7, 10, 5, 12 are also pretty good

Probably not.

I'd recommend in this order:
1 (PSP version)
Tactics

and everything else optional from there.

people seem to like 4 and 10 though

She's not in it

Eleven is best

>In shit games
>One of the best designs in FF

Such a waste.

Sure, I just try to keep the essentials as minimal as possible.

1, 4, 5, 6, 7, Tactics, 10

>10

>there are actually people who think 4 is a good game
>story is an awful parade of heroic sacrifices where only one is meaningful and le double cross dragoon
>only game in the series with no character or party customization whatsoever
>went all in on the cutscenes
>counters are introduced, so every enemy fucking counters
>is responsible for the after years

>music is great though

the best turn based combat in the series is essential, yes

IV's 3D remake is actually pretty nice with the rebalancing, though the Augment system should've been more modular.

Tactics PSX

Steam version

This one. Not even joking. It focuses on the few things FF does well, music and character customization. With all the crappy story, shounen cliches and plot twists removed.

>Falling for the tactics meme
I remember when I used to think it was the best too

Am I a cuck for believing Tactics Advance and TA2 were a lot more fun? Tactics probably had the more complex gameplay system, but the world felt way too dark and dead. I much prefer the golden age Ivalice with all its different races and happy music

Well since the best FF game is still mediocre, does it really matter which one is on the top of the pile?

FF10 is not a mediocre game

I agree desu, though I wish there was a third game without say, the dumbass laws, or just a better law system in general

Seriously where's FFTA3 already

There's a lot more to Tifa than just her appearance, and certainly more to her appearance than just her breasts.

Also, stop being so homosexual.

Yeah it is. Story, character development and flow are all bad. Gameplay is the epitome of mediocre. Half the music is great and the other half are lazy remixes of the same three songs. Customization and graphics are good.

All these things balanced out, its actually below mediocre.

III, V, and XII all hold a special place in my heart

But it has Blitzball. That alone should put it in the god tiers.

>underwater water polo with turn based mechanics
>good

I've been doing that for the past few years, just slowly working my way through them. I'm currently about halfway through V, Exdeath has fucked up Bartz's town and now they're currently finding all of the other weapons to take him down.. While it's interesting to see how shit has changed, each game is about 20 hours long (some go even longer), so it's a huge time investment.

If you want to see how the series has changed and morphed, sure. If you want to do it because you want to "get into" the series, don't even bother. Just go with the traditional 6, 7, 9, 10 entries as the "essentials" (although I'm certain some people will argue against some of those), and go from there. That's mainly because of how much time you have to sink into the series.

Overall, up to where I am in my V playthrough, I've spent around 100 hours overall - and that's not including the time I've sunk into later entries.

Without a doubt FF3/remakes are the best. Having freedom of class selections and builds, with an extremely extensive story is fun.

I've rarely had much interest in replaying final fantasy, and I fucking love turn based games. I replayed FF3 3 times back to back.

Pic semi-unrelated.

Objective best in order
VI
IX
X
IV
XV

VI is my favourite, but it's completely broken until you patch it to hell.

>but it's completely broken
Perhaps the same could be said of all Final Fantasy games...

The fuck? FF3 is the game with jobs that straitjackets you nonstop with Mini dungeons, bosses like Garuda, and dungeons full of splitting enemies.

FFXV

Very few FF games are broken to the degree VI is. II, VII, and VIII are comparable but nothing else is.

VII is far more broken. You can create a materia set up to defeat Emerald and Ruby without even pushing a button

Currently playing VI (just found transformed Terra and the old man esper on top of the building) and its not that fun.

Any other FF games you would recommend?

I'm not talking about balance, I'm talking about mechanics. FF6 is full of bugs.

Broken in what way? Story? Almost all FF games are broken at the same level or worse. Gameplay? You can break almost any FF game and make your character overpowered. Game breaking bugs? FFVI isn't nearly the worst.

So is VII, far more so I think
youtube.com/watch?v=VAvfBwPzfJw&t=62

VII

>You can break almost any FF game and make your character overpowered.
Only the ones with variable character progression. Good luck making an overpowered character in FFIV

You could do similar things in VI with much less effort because enemy HP capped at 65535.

FFIV is for Final Fantasy what A Link to the Past is for Zelda. It took everything good from the first games and made it even better. It was very revolutionary not only for the franchise, but also for the RPG genre in general. Sure, it doesn't age really great (that's why remakes happen), and probably it's not the best or your favorite, but to say it's a bad game it's something over-simplistic and stupid.

Doing the 100% Thieves Guild run on FFTA was the best

X

Most of Final fantasy before it is ruined by atb which is fucking awful.

VII.
No game will ever come close to it.

X is probably the most well rounded one, it has a fantastic ost, plot is good, intro and setting is really awesome, it will give you feels, and the gameplay is pretty fun. Areas are gorgeous/memorable too, I honestly don't get why it's so underrated here. Must be a bunch of dudes over 30 is my bet

chocobo's mysterious dungeon

It's literally impossible in FFIV to create a set up where you don't have to push anything to beat any boss

Explain why ATB is awful

You're right.
It's bottom of the barrel trash

Oh and blitzball is miles better than any of the stupid card games

I just played through X HD a few days ago (first time play through was when I was a kid) and yeah it's definitely one of the best but the game feels too somber to be a game. It's just so sad. I never feel like I'm having fun when I play because of the game's atmosphere.

I played these Final Fantasies completely (including bonus content)
>FF9
>FF13
>FF10
>FF12
>FF3
>FF8

My favorite FF is 9 just because it had a right amount of balance between story and fun. The game was a wacky fun adventure until disk 4 came. There are a few issues though.

>there's way too many missables and you have to constantly be careful of everything if you don't want to miss anything
>getting 100% is ridiculous with Excalibur 2, hippo racing, jump rope, card games, etc
>the combat is pretty terrible since auto regen is auto win most of the time, ozma can 9999 all 4 members of your party members with meteor meaning the optional boss is an entirely luck based fight, yans can fuck you up with RNG regardless of how strong you are because of snort and 9999 comet

FF13 was incredibly linear but I really like how the story was done. You just feel so connected with the characters as they deal with an incredibly shitty situation. There are no important missables in the game meaning you can playfully go through the game and do optional content without consulting a guide. The shittiest thing was the money grind needed to get ultimate weapons. I just never had so much fun playing a Final Fantasy game and I played 13 years after it came out in my early 20s.

FFIV is a special case because if you play the SNES easy mode, everyone is overpowered without trying. If you play the DS version, you have to get all the augments just to have a character at what they're suppose to be. Almost any other FF game, you can just sit there and grind yourself strong or use a materia/junction/summon trick to break the game. Or a game like FFX that is so stupid easy you break it just by following the intended path on the sphere grid.

Bump

I don't think FFX is as easy as people say it is compared to other FF games. A lot of foes can completely blindside you unless you know what you are doing.

>seymour 2 breaks your entire party
>Yunalesca one shots your party when she goes into third form because none of your party members had zombie
>a Malboro in the Calm Lands ambushes you and immediately uses Bad Breath which is pretty much a guaranteed game over unless you got confusion protection
>a Great Malboro in Sin or Omega ruins (always ambush here) does the same thing
>easiest way to counter this is by having a first strike weapon on Tidus and have him use provoke
>3 Yowies in the Cavern of Stolen Fayth breaks your entire party in an ambush
>an omega ruins Spirit counters your attack with a party wide confusion which is an instant game over (again you need to provoke him)
>if provoke misses you are fucked
>you can't just 99999 these enemies with celestial weapons because you need to capture them with capture weapons which are capped at 9999 unless you cheated your game to give yourself break damage limit already at that point
>in the HD version, a few Dark Aeons can one shot your party because you didn't know there would be a Dark Aeon at that area
>it takes a billion fucking years of grinding and tons of clear spheres (99999 HP method) to kill Nemesis and Penance in the HD version because Quick Hit is nerfed to oblivion
>you won't beat Penance in one fight unless you consulted a guide
>Lightning dodger, chocobo race, and the remiem temple race are extremely frustrating since you need to do all this shit to get the celestial weapons

I think FF13 is the hardest FF in terms of storyline fights but FFX had its moments where the game blindsights you into a game over. Penance is definitely not the strongest optional FF boss but he's really high up there. I think the 5 judges in FF12 IZJS is the hardest optional FF boss by far.

FFIV DS without Slow is probably the hardest main game. Fuck the demon wall

>almost every game gets a remake except FFV
fucking Square Enix

The only times I died when replaying the game for the first time in 15 years were against Seymour Omnis due to Ultima and against a King Behemoth's tail swipe.

The stuff you're describing is typical trial and error bullshit that all FF games have. Once you die the first time to a bullshit OHKO or bad breath, you just reload the game and the battle is easy. FFIV on the other hand has battles that do this (basically every battle after the Magus Sisters) plus you have to pull off a whole string of slow, blink, shell and whatever the enemies stupid status effect is. Mess up just once and the boss (or Behemoth or whatever) just wipes the whole party. Everything on the moon is basically 10 hours of spamming blink and shell on every battle. And if you didn't get omnicast, then you might as well quit the game.

In FFX, you can just spam attack except in a few boss fights.

Eiko > Krille > Rem

FFII

FFXIII beats FFXV

fight me

god i wanted ffxv to be good so bad

I really love III, but if they could make the class system from V and remake III with that, it'd be perfect. V is just to damn sad.

Bravely Default is a pretty good Final Fantasy game