What's the last video game that made you feel like this?

What's the last video game that made you feel like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VQtzIAmlkj0
youtube.com/watch?v=OW02BWFRnkw
youtu.be/aZpGsbXsZ0U?t=787
youtube.com/watch?v=eKoD2CRr_KA
youtube.com/watch?v=gFLJX-T7LPk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Danganronpa

None, all of them have shit writing

runescape

Rimworld and Starbound, probably.

P5

Nier: Automata

Batman vs Superman Dawn of Justice

Xenogears maybe. I was fairly young though and I thought it was supposed to make sense. It really doesn't

steins;gate

FFX

Breath of the Wild.

Night in the Woods

The Last Guardian

I don't want to sound like a Tarofag but Nier: Automata.

Yakuza 0

Wild Arms 2

I beat the Conquest Ending and left an hour later for a business trip over a couple days. I just couldn't stop thinking about that fucking ending the entire trip.

Prey

VtM:B

PSO

Fallout New Vegas, but I was late to the party and only played through it for the first time about a year ago.

Katawa Shoujo is not a game

Mario+rabbids

Lots. But I can't think of a single one in the last while that really made me feel satisfied. I always find myself struggling these days to find good single player games with length/replayability and more often than not they're short, maybe fun little games that you wished you could return or rent. I would love a good 90s JRPG again but so many of them leave me empty after two hours or less that I give up. The games are good, I know this, but I feel zero desire to play them.

But for anyone wondering you guys should really play GUN.

Sonic Adventure 2: Battle

Shadows death hit me hard. made me rethink a lot of things over the past week

This. I honestly thought the real estate/Cabaret club missions were gonna suck but they ended up be some of my favorite parts. Idk how i never played these games before but i will now.

>writing determines a games quality

Mother 3

Blood and Wine

The Witcher 3

Virtue's Last Reward and 999 in 2015

I just replayed Tales of Phantasia for the PSX. I don't think I'll ever be able to appreciate it as much as the SNES version though. What a masterpiece.

If I hadn't just finished Dragon's Dogma then it would be this.

Came here to post this. After I got it I rushed it down as much as my work schedule allowed for, which stretched out my playthrough over a couple months and made it that much harder to let go when it was over even if the ending was the happiest of the 6

Nier Automata

It doesn't determine game quality, but good games that lack good writing don't usually elicit a reaction like Kermit's.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC

and

Witcher 3, only because I spent like 150 hours in the game with the DLC as well.

I understand it aint the best game ever, but when you've spent so much time in one game and for it all to be over,

RIP The Trilogy of Geralt.

Hollow Knight

spbp

persona 3 and 4.
witcher 3 only because i got the bad ending
fallout new vegas dead money

This happens to me a lot more with VNs. Especially 50+ hour long ones.

Unironically this

It wasn't that great, but muh feels
Mostly because of music

When I finished The Witcher 3. Played both dlcs, but I finally finished with grandmaster ursine gear in the B&W dlc. The 10 year anniversary video came out about a week after.
It left me with a good sense of fulfillment most games aren't fortunate enough to do.

Pyre

Evil Within 2
I mean, when Myra sacrificed herself to have them escape safely and to prevent any more unnecessary suffering to innocent people, it hurt.

Maybe 5 years ago.

Gone home

BOTW

>rimworld

agreed

Played through stick of truth for the first time recently and it honestly made me reflect on what I liked about video games. It was so simple, but well thought out, and it was the most fun I've had with a game in years.

>Shadows death hit me hard. made me rethink a lot of things over the past week

>Chris-chan still lurks Sup Forums

Nier Automata

every time I see 4 panels I think it's loss

Pocket Card Jockey, the moment my months of training and dedication finally paid off.
youtube.com/watch?v=VQtzIAmlkj0

Wc3
youtube.com/watch?v=OW02BWFRnkw

This shit unironically choked me up the first time I played it.
youtu.be/aZpGsbXsZ0U?t=787

Are you me

Persona 3

The ending gave me a good chuckle

Katawa Shoujo

The Chimera Ant arc, fuck you, it counts if it still hurts.

youtube.com/watch?v=eKoD2CRr_KA

Pyre.

I'm happy to see nobody took this bait.

Doom

Probably Dragon Quest VIII or Oboro Muramasa. Two gens ago.

Holy shit the ending of the chimera ant arc left me feeling like the worst person in the world. Felt kind of like beating Nier.

Finished the fight...

it's depressingly good

Asura's Wrath

BotW kinda?
But my real answer is Xenoblade X. God damn I loved that game.

I played through Katamari Damacy again recently. When my ex and I were together, it was one of the first video games she ever played, and she'd later listen to this song when we were attending different colleges during skype calls to fall asleep to. It still makes her sleepy to hear it. Sometimes, I'd hum the melody to her to help her sleep. Beating it again, hearing all the music, and reliving the memories so closely tied to it is a bittersweet experience unparalleled by most other things.

youtube.com/watch?v=gFLJX-T7LPk

If you think you might have depression, get help before it costs you the things you love most in life. /blog

does starbound have a story or is it just space terraria?

Bloodborne
Original Sin 2

Nier autotomato

Full completion of The Witcher 3.

I became super depressed for like 2 weeks after it.

I'd go to sleep at night thinking I wish I could wake up as Geralt in his world in the morning.

Half-Life 2 and the episodes

Years later, the ending of this game still really sticks with me as something I genuinely enjoyed as a whole experience.

>Isaac's VA being surprisingly good at fitting "Normal guy thrust into an unbelievably fucked up situation"
>The cathartic "FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR MARKER"
>The look on his face as he slumps down and realizes he did it, he won, he gets to die a "winner"
>The credits and music playing

I normally would've considered that a fantastic ending, and it is. Some people say the rocketeer part that comes next ruined it for them, but I felt that Isaac getting his happy ending was acceptable. Sometimes life gives you the opportunity to be the fucking rocketeer and Isaac took it.

tfw no gf

MGS 4 is the lastest
There are plenty of good games but almost none that really get to me

The last game I can recall playing that distinctly left me with an empty feeling when it ended was Metal Gear Solid three or so years ago.

Though I was replaying Pokemon ORAS recently and there was this really retarded wax poetic Yes/No question I thought way too hard and long about thanks to sleep deprivation, and ultimately I dropped the replay there because neither response from the NPC satisfied me and I didn't really care about getting to the Battle Resort.

ikaruga

>tfw love RPGs, find them relaxing
>get a bit depressed when I'm nearing the final dungeon, know that the party's adventure will end and I won't be able to see their future adventures

MGR. I beat it twice in one sitting.

Starbound wishes it was space Terraria.

y-yeah, nice conclusion to the series

>dog died the week i was about to finish the game, emotionally vulnerable
>the entire exposition section near the end of the game about the kid before you that died
it fucking shredded me

MGS3 should be this but I replay that every other year.

Real talk, I can never touch Skyward Sword ever again. FI's stuck as a sword forever, Impa dies, Groose gets no descendant, Link and Zelda clearly have the first fuck session on earth and nothing in the history of Hyrule has ever topped the nasty shit they did that day, Ganon begins, we get an actually new antagonist that overshadowed Ganon's building block, the credits theme, Koloktos was the greatest boss battle in all of Zelda, you fought Demise in the realm where you said goodbye to Zelda in Ocarina, the beginning showcasing the friendship Zelda and Link created so far... excellent game, one of the worst 3D Zeldas, second best story.

>tfw picking up Koloktoss' sword

No lie, but despite how fucking truly terrible DS3's plot was, the ending was pretty good

And then, the DLC's ending assrape the whole franchise without lube

>Clause gave his final breath

I try not to think about the 3rd game so much.

honestly, this

Doom

Wonderful101
Xenoblade X

Katawa Shoujo

Chrono Cross. I was close to being just satisfied but then they pull Reminiscing ~Unerasable Memory from the soundtrack and show that Kid married Serge after the book finally closes on its sad yet uplifting last quotes, long since the cover turned which was the very first thing you see of the game.

Breath of the Wild. Watching those credits was like waking from some deep meditation shit. Like "Damn that was good... wait what do I do with my life now".

mass effect

Skyrim.
>You can't finish Skyrim
I got 100 hours into it. Which I count as a "playthrough" since the ride never ends... but anyway.

Not because of the game. Because I finished a playthrough. Since that game came out, I've only been able to playthrough about 8 times despite having over 7000 hours in it because I would mod it into the ground. So after months of try-harding and disciplining myself, I finally got a mix of dozens of mods and stability that FINALLY paid off. After YEARS. It isn't about the game. It's about finally seeing some progress on a project years in the making.