Should the price of videogames rise to match inflation?

Should the price of videogames rise to match inflation?

Other urls found in this thread:

fineleatherjackets.net/monkeyinflation
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the price of videogames should match what people will pay for them

nah

fpbp

>inflation
Well meme'd.

never

Costs where high then because of manufacturing costs of cartridges

Then CDs came about and greatly reduced costs, but it was brought up due to Blu-rays

Now, you get a dirt cheap disc with no manual and a low quality box to hold it in

Physical media is dead, and with it, it saves devs a fuckton of money.

Prices should be left alone

Yes, jesus. I'd rather play 50 for handhelds and 70 for aaa releases than all these bullshit season passes

The price of video games should be manually capped by the government.

1) Technology production has reduced in price
2) DVDs/Blurays are FAR cheaper than cartridges
3) This is an ad from 1986

What color are her panties?

So to clarify with the meme of inflation the ONLYBEENOUTFORONEYEAR NES would be 315 modern.
>49.52 for Nintendo first party
>56.28 for brand new Nintendo first party
So take those prices and lower them due to cheaper technology costs and the use of mass production game engines and we'd be set.

video games arent physical goods which utilize precious resources.

they should be sold at the highest price/purchase ratio possible. if CoD WW2 will sell just as many copies at 90 bucks for the base game, great. but i doubt it. will it sell MORE copies for 40 dollars? surely, but will the additional sales make up for it? doubt it.

theres a fuckton of factors that go into software pricing. by the way, that "games were always 60 dollars" shit isnt true. people are solely thinking of nintendo games. which used cartridges until the gamecube era, where they dropped in price to a flat base of 50 at launch. ps1 games were 40 at launch, ps2 games were 50, ps3/4 are 60. and now digital distribution is a thing and that costs LITERALLY THE SAME AMOUNT.

the logic that game prices are decided on is based on their dumb market. they cant afford to lose the profits made from the 60$ base price, so its still there. its the lowest tier of a game, and doesnt include the dlc, and has nothing to do with in-app purchases. but let me tell you, once all the big publishers decide to do it all in the same year, they will raise the base price of their games to 70 bucks. their current price tier system confusing people is actually serving to prepare them for this change. the price of games will go up, but if you think this will effect season passes, gold edition content, lootboxes, etc, youre quite the fool.

What fucking inflation?

Should the size of Lillie's assets be inflated?
Asking for a friend

You mean rising like my dick right now?

Should minimum wage rise to match inflation?

Should character age go lower to match people's tastes?

People should stop making big video games.
Just because it takes up 100gb of harddrive space and 60 million was spent on marketing doesn't mean it'll be a good game or a financial success

It's funny how the NES didn't change price much between 1986 and 87.

>Master System for 217.25 with light phaser, two controllers and hang on

Why are games and consoles SO FUCKING EXPENSIVE now? They're mass produced on fucking BLURAYS not fucking cartridges. Are we being fucking ripped off?

Only jf the quality of games starts rising too. We are on the downward slope for years now.

I'm more surprised that Target was a thing back then. I only remember shit like Bradley's and Jamesway near me back then.

Post more best girl.

Hence the $100 special editionsz $60 season passes and loot boxes

No, they should stop wasting 1x, 2x, 3x etc the game development budget on advertising and marketing.

should wages rise to match with productivity?

Is there an image excluding productivity due to mechanization/robotics therefore more accurately representing the productivity of an individual?

I want Lillie to inflate my videogames

>work less than 1970
>want more money than 1970
Hmmm. No

Only when the wages of the most likely consumers also raise to match inflation.

I remember the 60 dollar lttp cart ridge teasing me.

Not until wages rise to match inflation.

>hours worked has a direct correlation with productivity
Mister Ford would like to have a talk with you.

The switch has cartridges the size of SD cards

So why are PS4/Xbox one games so fucking expensive, hell even Steam is super expensive compared to a physical cartridge. Are we being fleeced?

>your feelings having a direct correlation to Assembly robots productivity
Mister Taylor would like to have a talk with you.

My penis is certainly inflating

Hours are not productivity, idiot.

At the current state video games are massively overpriced.

Why should inflation affect anything when these shovelware AAA game will drop to $7 in one year.

I know, assembly robots are productivity.

Lillie needs to go potty!

Yep.

Would I be wise to bet you're not for a universal basic income?

This picture would be better without shoes, only socks.
Yay or nay?

Instead of making videogame retail costs go up, have AAA game budgets go down

>have AAA marketing budgets go down
Fixed.

I hope she doesn't wet again!

Consoles are stupid cheap now, all things considered. An NES cost 300 bucks at the time, adjusted for inflation. The Switch costs the same amount, for example, but packs some insane tech in comparison to the NES. Imagine all the things you can do today with your consoles, how many other tasks it can perform. Games also costs ~60 buckaroos back then, so not much has changed there.

Sure. People who buy $60 AAA games don't deserve money.

>The Switch costs the same amount, for example, but packs some insane tech in comparison to the NES
>insane tech
This is bait right?

Yes it should.

No, I don't want to play games with a boner.

there ya go

No, because cartridges made up a large component of why games back then were (inflation adjusting) so "expensive" when now we use 3 cent BD discs and digital distribution.
Publishers also offset costs now by selling DLC, microtransactions, etc. and if a precedent for higher-MSRPs were set those things wouldn't suddenly go away.

Endorsing the increase of video game prices is like asking publishers to take you up the ass even harder.

for more info check out

Why? It's already the most expensive entertainment medium and they already make the most money in the world.

So nothing?

fineleatherjackets.net/monkeyinflation

MATING
PRESS
CREAMPIE

No. Release a game for 80 dollars, and people will just wait for the Steam and PSN+ sales.

Adjusting for inflation is a meme because pay does not scale with inflation. It's as stupid as judging prices by minimum wage of a country.

All adjusting does is tell you what the buying power was, it does not tell you how much that amount of money means to the consumer.

Even the animators know Lillie is a semen demon.

they should always stick to the 40 - 60 range for AAA games and 20 and lower for indie

>phoneposter