Is there a point to having a second monitir if you don't plan to play on both simultaneously?

Is there a point to having a second monitir if you don't plan to play on both simultaneously?

>game on main monitor
>discord/ts/whatever comms program you use on second

what's the advantage of this?

I'm browsing Sup Forums on my left monitor while leveling BTN in FFXIV on my right.

yes it can be extremely advantageous

for you

>not watching your own livestream on your second monitor

My cousin uses the main one to play and the other to browse or use other programs in load times

Streaming.

>Game so boring you need to do something else while playing

You need 546Hz to play games. Buy 6 monitors

Name me one game in which fucking chopping grass is an exciting venture. I'm doing this to make money to fulfill my interior decorating fetish, Anonn.

If the game isn't fun don't play it

There are games and things on TV that doesn't require 100% attention especially sports or if they're filled with commercials

>Name me one game in which fucking chopping grass is an exciting venture.
I think thats his point man, the game youre playing sounds boring.

Yes, to have discord, TS, Skype, etc open on the other screen.
To have a movie playing while you shitpost
To increase productivity if you work from home
Etc etc

Not really with that attitude. The only thing my secondary monitor is used for in game is just voice chat program, and a lot of games I play in fullscreen mode for extra FPS they will black out or freeze your secondary so it doesn't actually update the image.

I only use secondary for work. When you have many programs open and need to switch frequently it's quicker just to move your mouse and eyes than it is minimizing or juggling virtual desktops.

Never said it wasn't fun, just not exciting. This is absolutely 0 stress leveling stuff, I can shitpost while doing it and listen to some chill music at the same time, pretty pleasant all things considered.

One monitor for work/vidya
Second monitor for browsing/streams/cams

Dual monitor view is only good for specific games

Two monitors are a fucking meme. Used to have one, all I put on it were Steam chats and my music player or some Simpsons while browsing the internet, the latter you can still do on two halves of a single ultrawide monitor. Absolute waste.

Who's that?

You're doing literal prison work for a monthly fee. If any other genre of game did this shit people would be in outrage.

HAHAHa the only meme is "eyefinity" tripple display gaming.
Multiple displays are for doing actual work on a computer. It's not for entertainment value or bragging rights, it's for actual productivity.

1 for each eye

It's not like I'm not enjoying myself. I've been trying to clear Shinryu and Omega all day, this is a pleasant change of pace. The real satisfaction comes from making crafters my bitches.

i have 2 monitors and I have Sup Forums up in the other one while I play games

Usually have a twitch stream or movie or video on one and a few threads on the other. When gaming I usually just switch the video with the threads and play on my main monitor

2 monitors are for work
3 monitors are for flight and racing sims

So I can see if I get any (you)s or if anyone posted a cute image in discord I need to save while I'm playing a game.

mmorpg on one screen
twitch stream on other

watch your life pass by

>1 monitor for browsing shit/playing
>notebook for watching shit

I normally use two monitors but one died and I am waiting for Black Friday before picking up a new one. Having only one monitor is true suffering and I would wish it upon nobody.

1 monitor for (console) video games/streams
1 monitor for everything else

I've got 3 screens, one for music and discord on left, middle for gaming and whatever [best screen] and right one is for browser.

>49" 4k 200hz tv as my main monitor in front of me
>some shitty 1080p pc monitor on my right to display discord/whatever, also I use it as my "main" monitor while making music

Same. It's heaven for playing MMOs.

And it's amazing for work and video editing.

Lol