Resident Evil 7

Now that the dust has finally settled, what do we think of the best horror game of the decade: Resident Evil 7?

>the best horror game of the decade

The sad thing is you're not even wrong.

Would have been GOTYAY with better enemies and final boss.

Problem with RE7 isn't that it goes more action at the end but that it just throws more of the same enemies at you, which is very anti-climatic.

Not while this exists.

Great game but definitely drags on too long

Issue with Re7 is that it's a bit short and what this user says it just stopped being scary

all a matter of opinion though

Maybe, too bad it's not really fun to play though.

Every scare with the exception of Marguerite busting through the window fell flat on it's ass for me. Great game overall, just not scary.

This is the games main problem.
The game is near perfection till you go to the ship.
It starts to fall apart when you figure out their not going to throw anything new at you once your on the ship,

no, RE7 became shit around Jack boss fight part, ship is straight up garbage
shitty walking simulator with garbage AI

TEW1-2 and Darkwood are the best we have this decade

The game would have been so much better if it had more enemy variety and the entire mines part of the game didnt exist. The ship was comfy and fun but the enemies were still the same old shit and that area didn't even have a boss fight in it so it was just meh

The mines ruined the flow of the game, they should have been cut and its development thrown to fleshing out the barn with some actual puzzles/traps.

Not A Hero could have easily taken place in the mines still, or just in a subsection of the barn/marsh we hadn't seen.

>The best horror game of the decade
HA
HAHA
Yeah right you fucking loser. Game's fantastic until the tanker chapter where it shits the bed and focuses on Emily or whatever the fuck her name is, totally ruined the entire game for me. It couldn't have just been you escaping the Baker Family who got fucked up by Umbrella waste, NOOOOO, you have to have a """"""""""spooky"""""""""" little girl with a punchable face. Then you head into the salt mines for more boring shit. Finally you get back into the house and once again deal with the shitty little girl plot.

I liked the slower pace and confined spaces, it's a drastic change from RE4/5/6 but it just works well. I don't think it's the best horror game but it remains tense enough and interesting to explore and play enough.

It was pretty trashy

I enjoyed REv 2 more. So you're wrong user.

It was a bit short but it was a good ride. The pacing of it and how claustrophobic it is kinda reminded me of Condemned 1 a bit, with less focus on melee and more on weaponry, it has the same grounded feeling to it, of being in very everyday environments such as houses, which to me adds to the atmosphere since it's way easier to imagine yourself being in there rather than some space station or so.

gameplay was cool story was piece of shit , i left the cheating whore to die and nothing came out from that decision

Nice bait

its trash

There been any more word on REmake 2? I'm hoping that they're waiting for the last batch of VII DLC to release, and then saying "Oh yeah, REmake 2 is almost done, and it'll be out in time for 2's 20th anniversary".

I thought the awfulness of the story was overblown, it did its job.

[Spoiler]Having the virus be a conscious being was pretty neat and a bit sad when you find out it just wanted a family. The twist with her being the grandma was also cool; along with finding out Lucas wasn't even brainwashed and just pretended to be.[/spoiler]

You should kill yourself just for posting this b8.

Goopy black humanoids fucking sucks and I would've enjoyed the game ten times more if they made them look like traditional zombies.

>bait
You sure about that?
What's with this idea that 4 saved the series? Because it outsold a GCN Survival-Horror game?
>4 DID kill the series
>It DIDN'T save shit
>It sold WORSE than PS1 RE's
>It has been ported 13 times
>5 retconned it instantly
4 tried to kill off Umbrella in the opening cutscene, the devs then realized what a fucking retarded idea that was and brought it back the very next game and fucked off las plagas, because it was also retarded
Go wank to Leon one last time and convince yourself it didn't kill the series
It is a good game but it is a fucking atrocious insult to the franchise, it split the fanbase apart and paved the way for the commercial casual shit that came after it.
>B-but it's not 4's fault it's 5's!!! 4 is good! It's GOTYAY!
Grow the fuck up and accept it fucked everything up.
It was nothing more than a last minute casualization of a concept that was better, reduced to mindless tps action shit that had the square root of jack shit to do with anything in the series. Literally remove Ada, Leon and Wesker and not a single thing connects it to the series other than the mention of Umbrella and the name. No plot advancing, no character development, no incident, not even a reference in future games (unless you want to count Vendetta, which is shit anyways)
It is nothing more than a "Check out what everyones gay little bumfucker did after he stopped getting dragged around Raccoon City by Claire (an actual plot relevant character that was there for a fucking reason). See how relevant he still is?" i.e. fuck all
He's so shallow and pointless they had to bullshit his waifu into everything just to try and give him some semblance of depth

The director's MO seems to be padding out the enemy roster with generic blobby enemies. He also directed Revelations. I was honestly afraid of that when I realized he was at VII's helm.

some real thought went into covering your tracks. Try bumping up RE4 to at least "meh" tier and you'll hook more anons. 4/10, seen better, seen worse.

>covering your tracks
Are you talking about pic related? They both have the same filename, the new one was made because one guy said this one looked like shit

funny part is the ship actually makes sense gameplay wise on madhouse. they hide the guns from you way more so you're in a situation where you have to use stealth vs a bunch of enemies. i do still agree that the ship is pale in comparison with everything else.

Not the best horror game but a great resident evil game

I loved it. My first thought after beating it was that it was the most fun I'd had with a horror game since Dead Space 2.

What the fuck was his problem?

Didn't get to fuck his sister.