Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/psdavies/status/921676653176160256
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are you fucking serious.

I fucking hate EA.

surely fucking not

>Using mobile game mechanics in a full price game
Are they completely retarded

I'm not. I haven't supported EA for years. Only retards have.

Wait I don't get it, so you can't play the game for too long? Is it 18 hours a day or 18 hours in total and then you have to wait?

but i don't user, all of their recent games have been utter shite with fancy paintwork(frostbite)

The people who buy this piece of shit game are.

>THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF AAA GAMES

>tfw preordered because it was fun and didn't think the lootboxes were that bad compared to a season pass
>now seeing this

Well, once this hits, the people will drop the game and no one will stream it.

>tfw people will still buy this game and garbage like this will become the new industry standard
how do we stop this?

Isn't this similar to Overwatch with how you can get 3 loot crates a week from Arcade?

>STILL buying EA games
Retards.

seems like you can earn credits in the single player arcade mode but they put a limit on how much so that you still have to play online to earn credits once you reach that daily time limit?

>Journalists will 10/10 this

There are people, on this very board, who will get angry about this and then buy the game anyway.

STOP BUYING EA GAMES

We can't. Mouthbreathing hordes control the market and they will eat up whatever shit is put infront of them.

You have a lot of faith in humanity and todays "gamers"

Please answer this. The game doesn't interest me at all but am curious what this actually means? Is it like in CSGO where EXP is reduced after a few games (although exp in csgo doesn't mean fuckall so it really doesn't matter in that case)

My fault, I buy a EA Access on Xbox, I'm sorry, what should I do to forgive me?

you got what you deserved

We can't. The hobby has been infected with normies for years now. Nothing left to do but let it die and hopefully it'll go back to being uncool.

>retards still buy EA games

After BF1. I'll pass.

>AAA games are following the mobile model, and that's fine

Thank fuck I'm a massive weeb and don't give a shit about Star Wars.
I pity anyone who gets this trash.

>I buy a EA Access
>on Xbox

Just kys

Man the triple A side of gaming really is turning to complete shit isn't it.
Like, even more than I already thought it was.

I play neither modern nor mobile games, can someone explain to me what this even means? What's a progression ban?

>ACTUALLY BUYING EA GAMES IN 2017

WHAT

Yeah I don't get this, the game locks you out after a while? This makes no sense who decided this?
Hey you know what would be great if we don't let people play our game, that way they can't see how shitty it is

It's just time-gating content, nothing new.

>progression ban
So I'm guessing you can still play but can't progress after 18 hours. Fuck off, EA.

I just wanted a fun new star wars game user, why must it come with a cost

There's mechanics like this in a lot of games nowadays. EA will get more shit than most though due to their (deservedly) terrible reputation.

is this... for real?

Part of me wonders why the fuck they'd do this. Another part wonders why you'd spend more than 18 hours a day playing the game, in arcade mode no less

its to prevent people from just easily earning credits in single player i guess?

>play mode for a while
>make in-game money
>game says "you are making too much money this way, do something else"
>"like buy the in-game money with real money for example"

WHY aren't you advocating for more of this stuff in AAA games?

It's not like AAA games were worth playing anyway. It's not like they've been worth playing for years. And with more and more money grubbing we get closer and closer to the breaking point. Industry crash here we come. I only play obscure PC games and indie releases anyway and those will survive a crash.

It's implying that they won't let you grind the singleplayer arcade mode for credits for their shit lootbox system, and that after playing a certain amount of missions you will stop getting rewards for a while

I'm not and dont.

No you just can't grind offline forever

>AAA in 2017

Gaming is fucking doomed.

Because EA has the license

you misunderstand.

The BAN ON PROGRESSION is for 18 hours. The amount of time you play before this ban is instated is not known.

They can still play it, they just can't continue to earn rewards in it until the timer runs out.

The idiots who buy EA games deserve every terrible thing EA does to them.

user, sometimes we must let go of what we once loved because they lost themselves. We can do it together.

>Actually thinking an industry crash will happen
How fucking deluded.

But what if you want to?

Real Racing 3 tier shit on a console game that costs 60 bucks?

Nice EA

I'M HORNY, SHORT FOR THE HORNED REAPER

This is why I haven't bothered getting a console this gen, I'm just buying the old games I missed out on. Why am I gonna bother with this when I still haven't played devil may cry yet?

>buying this obvious piece of shit in the first place

Happened once before, it can happen again. Same with the economy. Same with empires.

No, the progression ban is 18 hours.

Let's say you play for 4 hours in the arcade mode, you have to wait 18 hours or pay to play the arcade again.

I will one day, 25$ for bf1, pvz2, tf2 and me:a is not that bad, but I know my money go to EA and I hate me for this.

Who cares?
EA doesn't want you to

You make it sound like they haven't been trying to pull shit like this in the beginning.

Do you guys even remember the start of DLC?

>you can't grind single player for an advantage in MP
good

Ubisoft multiplayer games all do this with their challenges too. You only get so many you can do each day and then you have to wait until the next day to be able to do more.

It's bullshit.

how does EA do it? how do they make the worst decisions every time?

>Buying EA games
>Literally wanting to grind PvE mode in EA games

You get what you deserve retards.

Not an argument.

>you have to wait 18 hours or pay to play the arcade again.

No the game will let you keep playing but it won't reward you for it until the timer resets

They're big, but not unkillable.

twitter.com/psdavies/status/921676653176160256

>all those people advocating this in the comments

yeah fuck this industry

>or pay to play the arcade again

Massive citation fucking needed. Nothing so far suggests that this is the case.

Those are just dailies though.

Overwatch doesn't stop you from playing Arcade once you've earned your weekly lootboxes

>grinding single player for multiplayer lootboxes is bad
>paying real world dosh for multiplayer lootboxes is good
Worst timeline.

It's called dailies, they belong in shitty skinner boxes for ""people"" who shit in diapers and piss in jars though, not actual games.
They really went over the line.

>People actually defending the game in his replies

remember when 100 hours of gameplay was actually just playing the game for 100 hours, not wasting your time with a carrot on a stick but playing the game because it's fun? and now 100 hours of gameplay is maybe 20 hours of gameplay with 80 hours of filler collectathon xp content just to pad out a shitty experience

I sure do love game as service. I'm not interested in those games but it's only a matter of time before this cancer spread everywhere.

They're used to limit the amount of rewards you can get. Orders are by far the biggest source of silver in that game and that's why they artificially limit how many you can do in a day.

It's basically doing the same thing as EA is but hiding it better.

Progression Ban doesn't mean you can't keep playing and I don't know how you've come to that conclusion.

All you have to do is look at why the video game crash happened to understand why a similar thing will never happen again anytime soon. It's like asking for the movie industry to crash.

I honestly don't know what's worse
>honest, real people like to be inconvenienced and jerked around by the products they buy
>shillbots are constantly active across social media and the public opinion of the world is constantly bought and paid for

shame the cyberdystopia turned out to be so boring and stale

>WTF ARCADE MODE HAS A LIMIT LIKE IN THE ARCADES???

>bought origin access and BF1 just to stroke my dick to russian winter landscapes, shootan ppl with obrez and double barreled shotgun
fucking worth it

People are fucking stupid bro. Just accept it and wait for the nukes to fall

>It's like asking for the movie industry to crash
movie industry has been dying over the past few years and movie execs are panicking because they don't know what films will succeed anymore

kill yourself.

could've done that with red orchestra

What's wrong with diapers?

I haven't bought an EA game since Battlefield 3.

Damn a whole 13 people agreed with him.... this whole game industry is fucked...

>It's 2017
>max 40 players in a match
>tiny levels
>game is worse than original battlefronts made 20 yeaes ago

Okay, so I am currently boycotting the following publishers (I play PC exclusively, so Sony etc. are out of the game anyways).

>EA
>Ubisoft
>Square Enix
>Activision

Anything else I should boycott?

Why do you still buy EA games?
Last game I bought from them was Sims 3 two years ago

Blizzard/Activision

>Additional 'progression/lootboxes' in Arcade mode 3 times a week
>After you 'cap' you go back to regular 'progression/lootbox' rate

>battlefront has regular(?) progression in arcade
>after you 'cap' you go to zero progression

To be fair, they """have""" to cap single player progression to zero so they don't have people botting in single player games and not getting reported since there are no players to report them. So EA can sell more lootboxes.

if you are boycotting activision does that include blizzard? if so then yeah that's everyone. maybe paradox depending on what your tolerance for dlc is.

I don't remember the last game i bought from EA. In fact, the only EA games i played somewhat recently were Dead space 1 and 2 and even then i pirated them

>comparing a full price AAA title to an arcade cabinet in a laundromat that was designed to munch the quarters you were supposed to use for the dryer and also for your mom to beat the shit out of you for not doing the clothes and instead trying to beat Akuma in Street Fighter II