What do you think about the pyro update in tf2?

What do you think about the pyro update in tf2?

A joke.

it's actually really neat

Very cool

Banana bay is pretty cool.

The servers are constantly borked and the only way to get to the new shit is to play on the Matchmaking servers.
So that's annoying.

The actual weapons are pretty cool. Dragon's Fury actually feels like skill is involved for a Pyro weapon, that's huge.
It's too bad that everyone are Pyros so it's hard to tell how good it really is.

The maps are great, it'd be even better if I could actually fucking play casual. This is a good time to practice shotgun aim in community servers, though.

it'd be better if people would actually play other classes

just because it's the pyro update doens't mean literally everyone on the team has to pick him

You mean with the massive influx of pyro

If you want the new weapons it does.

evidence that tf2 is too old and they should just make tf3

It does actually
Most are still trying to preform thier contracts and most likley suck as pyro

fallout has flamethrowers too

What and lose the entire item server
Nah dawg

Still haven't fixed issues that have been in the game since day one
At least the Demo's bottle breaks again and you got some shiny new trinkets

I hate all the new sounds, specially the falling-damage and the winger, it sounds like popcorn.

Mercenary park looks too dark and has a lot of reflection errors, and it's layout is a mess. The other jungle maps are great though.

I love all the weapon balancing, but I wish airblast didn't just drag people around. Funny how it works better when aimed below enemy's feet.

But does it have a BANANA!
huh todd?
Where's my BANANA!?!

I like mercenary park desu. That last point is fun.

let me check the fridge for you

Why DID they change the fall sound?
It was fine before

I don't care, TF2 is a boring game.

is this hat the most under rated hat from the update ?

also, who is a /BanjoTexan/ here ?

It's ok

But not worth the weight, seriously, what made this of all updates so time consuming?

So much meme potential with this image

I'm still trying to fix this issue

It was made by >10 guys

Playing on a console?

no, I'm playing on PC with a controller plugged in. since the day of the update, it has been stuck in semi-controller aids mode, where a bunch of menus in TF2 ignore input from the mouse and keyboard. I don't know how to fix it other than unplug the controller and restart TF2

>lets buff one of the characters with the lowest skill-ceiling

Put -nojoy in the commandline arguments

The final nail in the coffin fo this shitty game.

One official map, a few shitty weapons, and "balance changes". Absolutely pathetic.

NEW COMIC WHEN

Fuck Banana Bay
Cramped bullshit map made worse with the 24/7 all Pyro plugin they put on casual servers now
Underwater push is an interesting concept though

no change

The new weapon actually takes more skill than any of the other Pyro weapons and the changes to afterburn hurt suicide rushes

>skill
I'm yet to see anyone using it ever miss a shot. projectile seems to be really huge and fast

They said the Sniper vs Spy update was the final nail in the coffin.
They said the Mannconomy update was the final nail in the coffin.
They said that the Uber update was the final nail in the coffin.
And then Mann vs. Machine. Then End of the Line.

This game will never actually die. It will just become more zombified and eventually rot into nothing

I've had 2 hours of free time between work and the entire time has been me in a queue waiting to connect.

I have to go to work in 5 minutes now.

fuck this game.

>finally get a game
>doublecross again

>queue for jungle inferno map
>wait almost 5 minutes
>still no match

WHAT THE FUCK WAS WRONG WITH QUICK MATCH VALVE!?

Did they scrap scream fortress this year?

I'm on banana bay and getting my shit slapped by a crouch jump binding cuck Soldier with the Original and a furfag Medic

sorry to hear that. I'm unironically playing heavy and mowing down endless shitty pyros

I think it should have been the Heavy update

Same with me. Is something broken?

how the FUCK does the jetpack even work
ive landed on peoples head from three stories up and done zero damage, ive mashed it in the middle of a crowd and hit three people at once, WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THIS THING
WHERE IS THE HITBOX
HOW THE FUCK DO I DO THIS CONTRACT

>Can't be arsed to make their own content
>Repackage community trash and pretend it's a big update
Uh, nice update.

>try to finish contract
>can't do it because everyone is playing pyro
thanks valve great first contract

Problably. I've been waiting about 20 minutes and still nothing. This morning was working all right. Took a bit but got in. Not anymore.

designing how all the war paints look on all the weapons must have been a time consuming job

Agreed.

Plus doing the short. That likely took quite a bit.

>hot hand contract
>get 3 kills in a life with a melee weapon as pyro
>puffing people into corners no longer works like it used to so that's a no go
>everyone is playing pyro so good luck slapping anyone while they burn you down in ,5 seconds
>the melee weapon itself sucks since it's a double hit weapon
>only got it after ages of playing with a medic up my ass
Fuck you Valve

Why the game have so much trouble finding matches?
I thought this time they "took their time to be ready"

but the heavy is already a viable class to play; the pyro was pretty useless. i think the voters made the right choice, despite the update not being that great

mvm literally doesent work.

>MVM

They said their fix to matchmaking wasn't right yet, which is why it wasn't added with this update. Hopefully they fix it soon but yeah.
Also I'd like for them to fix now whatever is causing these issues with the servers. What time is it at Valve? Is no one in the office? Are there so many people in-game they don't have servers running for everyone or something?

people still play this game?

its' 10am saturday
wouldn't expect much

they should print all those war paints and shove them up their asses

God damn it. I still haven't even played the new maps. I'll just try community servers, see if I can at least leave the fucking menu screen.

>queue for casual
>tab out
>check regularly
>30 minutes and still searching
nvm i'll try again later

>Can't just play on the servers I want for the items and contracts
Why does Valve hate community servers so much now?

because people would boost each other

>expecting valve to deliver on quality
>a few shitty maps
>lots of predictable cosmetic spam and other retarded gimmicks to profit off kiddos like you and youtube viewhores
>literally no content update

wow so this is the power of valve i hear so much

Dragon's Fury or whatever it's called is fucking amazeballs at taking out Pyros, since the One-Two(Three) punch fires fast enough after landing the first hit to consider the enemy Pyro to be "ignited" and thus getting the bonus damage. The viewmodel looks hideous though.

Gas Passer is disappointing. I thought it'd be something like, you pour out the gas to make a sort of area denial trap, but it's just a Jarate variant that takes twice as long to recharge.

Thermal Thruster is alright, I wish the jump was instant rather than needing a "wind-up". The weapon switch delay doesn't make much sense to me but whatever. Confused why it was made into an active weapon instead of a passive that was activated via spacebar while airborne.

Don't have the Hot Hand or whatever it is and likely wont bother getting it.

Second Banana is pretty good for a team-oriented Heavy. You're throwing out decently sized medkits for your team just about all the damn time.

It's broken and underwhelming, like pretty much every modern Valve game content update.

How the fuck do you "blast" with the new jetpack for it's contract? Do I have to land on someone or next to them or be next to them when I launch? Valve explained it like apes

You've got to be humping enemies for it to blast them while taking off.

Same for allies for extinguishing them.

why are you using viewmodels user

its 2017

no viewmodels, dx81 are the only options

so I have never really palyed tf2
how do I get these new pyro items?

be close to an enemy when you blast off after the delay, needs to be colse and even closer for extinguises. do it when a team is capping or defending a cp and youll get 5-6 at once

I like it, the new maps are great, Banana Bay is a bit of a clusterfuck but it has a new interesting take on Payload,.

The weapon balances weren't as bad as I thought, they're fairly decent for once which is surprising as fuck.

The contract stuff is pretty neato, There are some bonus objectives are just frustrating to perform, although I guess it's to prevent people from getting through it too easily.

Overall I thought it was worth the wait, there's a ton of new features and a lot of them are definitely future-proofing.

to someone who doesnt want to spend money, and hasn't horded metal, its nothing. It'd take weeks to months to unlock the new items probably.

>2017
>an "update" is nothing but community maps and community weapons locked behind crates
>people are not just ok with this, theyre excited

ALL I WANNA DO IS QUEUE FOR CASUAL THE ENTIRE WEEKEND AND GRIND OUT CONTRACTS BUT SHITS ALWAYS BROKEN

REEEEEEEEEEEE

weirdly enough the thing i'm most excited about is the home screen and party system. finally i can fucking look at items while i'm queued for a game

I'd probably like it if I could get a match

complete the contracts on valve servers

The weapons are unlocked through free contracts in the Pyroland tab, and the first you unlock is the Dragon's Fury which is easily the best of the bunch. The only one that's a real hassle is the glove because it requires you to do all the optional objectives which can be fucking ridiculous.

How long is it supposed to take to find a casual match? I haven't played tf2 in years and this shit is taking forever.

I wish the MM worked

1 hour.

>Weapon balances weren't as bad as I thought
>They're fairly decent for once

>The "Whoa Buddy That's Too Much Aiming Skill For This Game, Better Settle Down" Ambassador
>The Gloves of "Competitive Shills Hate Heavy Being Able To Actually Accompany The Team So Fuck Him, Time To Crawl Fatboy" Running Urgently

Everybody playing Pyro makes my Defense Contracts easy to complete.

hey Sup Forums

Happened to me too, pretty sure it's a big picture thing, ie you can't turn it off through the game.

The blasting mission is for when you lift off

did you manage to fix it? I'm dying here. I figured this would be a really common problem

>playing pyro

>but it has a new interesting take on Payload,.
It's not new.

I don't understand, you don't want to play Pyro but you'll bitch about not getting the new Pyro weapons?

Tryhard

Restarted the game without controller jacked in, only really use it for other games

Kino Tier
>heavy spin ramp up instead of firing ramp up
>saxton hale and sfm short in general
>spy ambassador/DR nerf
>afterburn nerf
Good Tier
>maps look pretty
>scout nerfs
Ehh Tier
>only 4 new weapons all for the same class
>claymore nerf
Shit Tier
>literally everything else including but not limited to: broken features, terrible hud, terrible sounds, terrible map design, disgustingly op dragon fury, disgustingly op flamethrower hit detection, stupid airblast changes, afterburn nerf doesn't even work as intended, 'biggest tf2 update ever!' is one of the smaller ones, 3 of the 4 new weapons are broken and the last one is a mackerel reskin for pyro, ambassador nerfed to uselessness, rescue ranger nerf, no other big balancing changes for other classes, the list we got in june was actually the full list, valve doesn't care anymore, warpaint lootboxes, reskins all dedicated to fish weapons, maps run poorly

>because people would boost each other
This, right there, is everything that's wrong with Valve's mentality.
I have a friend I play Hearthstone with. We help each other complete quests all the time, and yeah, that involves throwing games. But until the point we throw the game, we're still thinking of strategies, planning around the board, hoping to get the right draws - you know, PLAYING THE GAME. And when we complete the quests, we get gold, which we use to get packs, which give us new cards, which we then want to use to keep PLAYING THE GAME.
You know what would happen if Valve allowed completing contracts on community servers? People will collaborate to complete them. It will be silly. But they'll be having fun, and they'll be actually getting getting the new items, which they will then want to use. Most importantly, they'll be having fun whilst PLAYING THE GAME, and they'll remember this, and they'll want to keep playing, and they'll drag their friends along, and then they'll all PLAY THE GAME. This is literally what Valve wants to happen, but it's like they don't even understand why people ever played TF2 to begin with.
Valve used to understand the concept of casual fun. Of being able to drop into a server your friends are already playing in, and hanging out as much as actually competing, and being able to try out cheesy strategies, and weapons with subpar stats but high meme potential. Nowadays, it seems like the only things they understand are COMPETITION and ACHIEVEMENT and SERIOUS GAME MECHANICS, all the while writing fun and silly blog posts that no longer have anything to do with the attitude of the game itself.
Oh, and Valve - Pyro already had 4 primary weapons and 7 secondary weapons. Maybe you should fix the content you already have instead of just adding more and raising the barrier to entry for your game. Because that's not how you get players either.

>It'd take weeks to months to unlock the new items probably.
Nigga I did it all in one night

I bitch about tf2 team making shit content, who cares about horsefuckers and skins, the balance changes were shown 6 months ago, what were they doing all this time ?

Just like world of warcraft!

i've been in queue for 30 minutes and this shit is still queued

what's worse is that there's no network activity, I'm hl2.exe isn't even receiving data from anywhere