What do you want to see in Metroid Prime 4?

What do you want to see in Metroid Prime 4?

motion controls, cinematic cutscenes, voice acting, and a linear narrative driven experience

you know, everything that made MP3 great

Scanning

Original lore and enemies like in Echoes. The prime 1 approach to level design but the aesthetic polish and puzzles of Echoes. Tanabe implies there would be some kind of time travel, so I hope it's actually good like that one dungeon in skyward sword where you affect time in small areas to do different things in real time. Motion control aiming like corruption, that game felt good to play but leave it at that- no other retarded controller gimmicks. Soundtrack composer MUST be Kenji Yamamoto. Plot involves the Federation putting a bounty on Sylux's head for stealing a Metroid, and Samus pursues him to a remote planet covered in ancient alien ruins, par for the course. No Ridley or space pirates, or at least not as the main antagonists. No Chozo either, save the fight against the didact for M5. Takes place after corruption and before SR; the war crimes committed by Sylux are what finally push the federation into hiring Samus to kill the Metroids.
But 3 was great. You tried.

Quality of life improvements like no missable scans, or a clear and consistent distinction between scans that go into your logbook and ones that don't, before you make the scan. Less of those cutscenes that play when you hit a switch or something that aren't really long, but are unskippable and still don't need to be as long or as frequent as they are to convey the information they do.
Fewer artificial barriers, like surfaces you slide off that don't really seem like you should slide off them. Less mystical shit like prophecies and dark worlds, I never liked that very much in comparison to the more technobabble-based stuff you get in space pirate areas. Galactic Federation is boring and their presence should be kept to a minimum.

None of this stuff is very important and the last two are quite subjetive but it's stuff I'd like to see nonetheless. Oh, and MP1/2 style soundtracks that sound more sci-fi and alien and slightly creepy/"off", as opposed to MP3-style cinematic stuff. And no compositions that seem to be trying to sell you on the "beauty" of a scene or area too much.

MAGMOOR THEME IN EVERY HOT AREA

LAVA=MAGMOOR

Gyro because the Switch can't do IR(bad idea, how much would have costed to include the IR sensor anyway?), good graphics, similar to Prime 1 rather than 3, keep the bullshit "poisoned" areas from Echoes toned down.

why do primelets call lower norfair "magmoor theme" ?

There are two shoulder buttons where the IR sensor would be. How would you fix that without making the whole thing twice as thick?

Use it upside down lol

pretty environments, decent lore, no dialogue

Because Prime is the best selling Metroid and you're in a Prime thread, deal with it.

shinespark

Third person "survival" in a forest with a mother-son relation

organic sequence breaking using rocket-jumping

Now that I think of it rocket jumping would make a shitton of sense in Metroid.

>But 3 was great.
It's on par with Other M desu.

3 isn't THAT bad. It just fundamentally misses the point on what metroid is about, but its still fun enough to play

well, since bomb-jumping works differently in the prime games, ther should be some alternative, that doesn't invove glitching the game

Samus shower scene.

>well, since bomb-jumping works differently in the prime games
how so? seems the same to me

This. More exploration of areas we don't know anything about. Prime 2 had a lot of cool new creatures and environments that weren't very similair to the stuff we had already seen before. More exotic bioforms.

And more Quadraxis tier bosses.

Motion controls and Hypermode make it the opposite of fun to play though.

it seems slower and you can only use 3 at a time

Full frontal nudity

Post-Metroid Fusion... Would be interesting to see what happens after

a good game

A profoundly immersing atmosphere and sense of isolation

T. Brainlet

That's reserved for Metroid 5 which should be 2D

motion controls are good for aiming, not for gimmicks like pointing at the screen and turning keys
hypermode also fucks it, how did Prime 2 have a better combat system than Prime 3 which emphasizes combat?

But this is what makes 3 a lot superior to Echoes when it comes to gunfights.

Echoes is filled with gunfights against HP sponges (like dark pirates) which were trivialized by the lock and had no intensity. Gunfights in Prime 1 were alright because enemies would only appear in specific locations and the only lengthy gunfights (like Chozo spirits) had some gimmicks to compensate the fact that the lock trivializes them. Echoes just stretched everything with no particular idea and added useless ammo system in a poor attempt to seduce the Halo audience.

oh, sure. That could probably be faster. The whole game could be faster I guess.

>Echoes just stretched everything with no particular idea and added useless ammo system in a poor attempt to seduce the Halo audience.
i cant even begin to form an argument to counter something this wrong

New suits and weapons unique to the world like in Echoes. Some powerups are obviously gonna be unavoidably reused like space jump, but I even enjoyed minor tweaks like the Seeker Missiles or Gravity Boost in that game.

>Prime 4 gets ability mods (like Super with custom combinations of shots opening potential abilities)
>get spring ball
>modify spring ball into spring shot
>starts out with simple pulse that pushes around enemies and blocks to open new entrances
>classic Metroid exploration of abilities when trying to reach secrets
>spring shot off of floor and off of wall to get more missles

I want this.

>Seeker Missiles
These were useless outside of situations where the game explicitly required them, don't bring in new upgrades unless they actually compliment the moment to moment gameplay. Contrived upgrades are hot garbage and Prime 2 is a big offender of this.

They even put a multiplayer mode screaming "look, there are multiplayer FPS on the gamecube too!" even though no Metroid fan ever asked for it.

Just kinda..use the first one as your design standard. And don't force the motion control gimmicks. I know Nintendo is gonna force use of the joycons but at least understand some people just do not like motion controls and want normal dual analog fps controls.

inb4 the usual "BUT ITS MORE ACCURATE SO U SHUD LIKE GIMMICKSSS!!" damage control. No just fuck off, I'm tired of your lame ass shit go away.

I don't give a fuck about Metroid Prime, I want Metroid 5 with crisp 2D sprites and not that horrible bullshit of Samus Returns.

You're going to use 2 as an example of sedating the Halo audience while defending Prime 3?

With the Switch it seems that they're making gyro controls optional for everything which is good, motion control apologists should be thrown off a bridge though, I do agree there.

Prime 3 was worst about it.
>Ship missiles which you only use to destroy walls
>Ship grapple which you only use to build the bomb
>Grapple energy which you only use to open doors
>Hyper ball which you only use to enter Elysia
>Hyper grapple which you only use to open doors on Phaaze
Prime 2 at least had a few neat powerups like Screw Attack.

>What do you want to see in Metroid Prime 4?
Chemistry Engine. It's a perfect fit and I'd love to see Nintendo's new modern "discovery" style of play applied to Metroid.

But it is more accurate you retards, pros in Splatoon use gyro.

I want to see Dobson cry and die from it being released

no god no.

You're a fucking moron and I promise you've made retarded assumptions about what I mean.

mutliplayer and ammo is hardly an attempt at a halo clone. Echoes was by far the most atmospheric of the 3 and had the best boss fights. Echoes was a sequel that attempted to add new mechanics to an established game. Thats what you do when you use the same tech and team to make a sequel. The duality of light and dark is a tried and true nintendo mechanic, not a hasty grab at halo fans. Multiplayer is just another thing tacked on, because there's time and money for it.

The main difference is that Prime 3 succeeded at it. Gunfights required more dexterity, incorporated puzzles during them (you know, one of the things that define Metroid Prime) and the enemies were renewed on a regular basis. Corruption might be more linear/story-oriented, but it's the best when it comes to action. It's a good complement to Prime 1 which is more "Super Metroid-esque" while Echoes constantly hesitates and is filled with sketchy ideas like morph ball bosses.

As a consequence, what I expect for Prime 4 is that Ninty devs take their time to complete the development properly.

Do we know if it's being developed by Retro Studios?
If japs are making it, it's not even worth the time of day.

>Do we know if it's being developed by Retro Studios?
Where have you been?

>mutliplayer and ammo is hardly an attempt at a halo clone
You realize the game was released in 2004?

Nah I don't think so, and they aren't even the same people as before anyway

You're a fucking retard user. The MP was obviously tacked on in response to Halo, but the ammo concern is FULL retard.

1's world and level design
2's puzzles, difficulty
3's ship mechanics and narrative
and as a bonus Hunter's multiplayer and Fusion's horror aspect (Sylux acting like the SA-X throughout the game)

so your logic is that ammo = halo. great. did you play metroid prime?

>3's ship mechanics and narrative
plz no

NuRetro has at least proven their competence with DKC.

D R O P P E D

Prime series has to take place before 2 so Metroids can be a normal enemy. Dread is Sakamoto's territory.

>2's puzzles
>3's ship mechanics and narrative
Here's your (You), those three things are the antithesis of Metroid.

Remodeled Shitholes

I'll give you narrative but
>he didn't like the ship as a fast travel system

Calling it now. Bethesda is going to do it.

Enjoy glory killing space pirates as you RIP AND TEAR their lobster arms off and shove them down their mandibles.

Tropical Freeze is the best game they've made since the first Prime and the first Prime had the most Nintendo involvement, they're better at 2D platformers than action adventure games.

Fast travel is antithetical to Metroid. Your world is supposed to be interconnected. Prime 3's planets felt like tiny corridors.

Correct. At most they gave a few art guys left. Mark Pacini, the director of 1-3 left to make Batman: Arkham Origins Black gate and Recore.

>The MP was obviously tacked on in response to Halo
Precisely. My point on ammo was rather that the idea itself was awkward.

>Fast travel is antithetical to Metroid
too bad since SR has a fast travel elevator system

I'd rather they not try to copy the Sa-X. The Sa-X only works because we as players know how stupid powerful Samus is with all her equipment.

SR is like Metroid II in that you visit each world in order, so that doesn't bother me as much. The goal of Metroid II is to visit one zone, clear out all the Metroids, then go to the next one and never need to return. It's not like Super or Prime 1 which has you constantly weaving in and out of different areas.

But then again, I suppose Prime 3 used a similar style.

Don't even fucking joke about bethesda getting their hands on Metroid.

>2's puzzles
>bad

Scanning and Puzzles

MP3 like M:OM was a shift from the standard Metroid formula, but unlike Other M it at least is a functional game, with quality gameplay and fun boss fights

There was absolutely nothing to this """puzzle""", though.

Space pirate style energy scythe upgrade worn on Samus' left gauntlet. Bonus points if the color of the blade changes to match the color of the lights in Samus' suit, i.e green while she has the varia and blue when she gets the gravity.

>didn't like the puzzles in echoes
How to immediately tell someone doesn't actually play Metroid

What I want is the dark souls of Metroid Prime. And I'm only half meme-ing. By that I mean a game very much "show don't tell", no cutscenes (looking at you prime2) just in-game exposition. Remember Metroid Prime 1 when you arrived at Talon IV? That experience.

>no lava area
>no brown dusty ruins area
>no snow area
2 out of 3 Prime games already have these, don't pull an NSMB and just rehash generic areas yet again.
Phazon Mines, Sanctuary Fortress and Pirate Homeworld are all incredible because they're so weird.
Give me weirdness, please.

>calling out Prime 2 for cutscenes and not 3
For real?

phazon mines was the blandest in the game desu

It's only when you get to the deepest areas with all the mushrooms and shit that it starts to look interesting

Pretty much. Also true open world, multiple paths with sequence breaking. Hidden areas that aren't revealed with a simple scan, like firing a missle at the base of a damaged rock formation that isn't scannable to make a bridge maybe even have routes like this which break/become unusable after the first time to really mix things up. What if you don't have the upgrades required to space jump/grapple back to where you began and have to fight your way through another part of the map?

Also linear as fuck because for some reason they decided to have a combat gauntlet when that's not the focus of the game.

so basically nothing to do with dark souls at all except that they dont tell you how to play the game. I'm sure nintendo will do that.

I didnt play 3 so I wouldn't know

That's hardly a puzzle

The combat emphasis wouldn't have bothered me if it weren't for the beam pirates.

Actually, that's not true. It wouldn't have bothered me if it weren't for the wave pirates.

>What if you don't have the upgrades required to space jump/grapple back to where you began and have to fight your way through another part of the map?
Happens once or twice in other Metroid games, like Super Metroid's Red Tower. I also think you're trapped with Crocomire until you get the Grapple Beam.

The part referred to Dark Souls is how that game handles exposition to the player. And yeah there's a decent chance nintendo will do that, they seem to have taken lessons on how hand-holdy Skyward Sword was for example and made an effort to respect player intelligence in BotW with less force feeding exposition.

A lot of Samus Ass. A lot.

>tfw still stuck at this

I can hardly wait for next years E3 so we can finally see some gameplay bros.

Day of the rope for waifufags when

>tfw didn't get stuck at this when I played it as a kid but got stuck when I replayed it many, many years later
>Had to ask a friend who likes the Prime games for help

Try 2.

Yes any puzzle in a Metroid is bad because all it does is serve to break up the gameplay of exploring, 2 is the worst offender.

nintendo will most likely just fuck it up again

So you'd like it to become more of a walking simulator?

just say that you hate Prime games