Are there any video games that handle difficulty options like EYE...

Are there any video games that handle difficulty options like EYE? Being able to customize what aspects of the game you want to be challenged on while easing parts you found to be tedious was so nice. Why don't more games do this?

Other urls found in this thread:

gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr&thm_id=23742&page=2&sec_id=11&offset=420
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Games with difficulty options are shit

Whyndo you say that? I sympathize with you for games that just boost up enemy health and make them hit harder, but with EYE or STALKER, you can just increase damage output so that combat isn't just to see who can withstand more bullets than the other.

Dishonored 2 also did this and it made the game wholly more enjoyable.

Being able to choose the amount of enemies is a nice element.

Bravely Default comes to mind as you can change enemy difficulty as well as experience gain and random encounter rate.

Fucktorio

Mincecrap

Sniper elite 4 did this too. You could have the realistic bullet effects from the hardest mode but keep the ability to track your targets from the easier ones

Space Ranger 2 does that

>games that just boost up enemy health and make them hit harder
that's pretty much what Stalker does yeah

Ummmm, Deus Ex idk

Dungeon Hack

You can adjust a lot of shit in it.

I wish streum had just made EYE 2.0 and not some shitty Warhammer game

Stalker doesn’t touch health, just boosts up everybody’s damage output. So essentially easy mode has it so everybody is a tank, or on hard everybody is a glass cannon.

That's wrong. On Easy enemies have their chance to hit lowered and you deal slightly (like 15%) more damage. On Master, every enemy hit counts and you deal a bit less damage. "Easy makes enemies spongy" is just a community myth.

ur wrong fuck u

I'M A HUGE JIAN PLS STOMP ON MY FACE!
-Rimanah

gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr&thm_id=23742&page=2&sec_id=11&offset=420

EYE thread? EYE thread.

This is now an eye thread

System Shock.

Thats called modular difficulty I believe.
System Shock.

Goldeneye had a good difficulty method. Rather than padding out HP it gave you more mission objectives and a greater need to plan better routes through multiple option. As much as the control keeps me from going back to it again its shining example of how to do difficulty settings.

Minecraft also has something of this with its terrain editor. If you tweak the world options a lot you can make ore veins to make basic ores easier to get to later game faster and make terrain itself more challenging with huge mountains and valleys to cross with more risk of falling. (got to mod hunger out though with hungerstrike, oh no you jogged now eat 20 steaks)

Not exactly the same but a little similar in concept. More games should really do this.

More games don’t have more in-depth difficulty options because console releases MUST have achievements, and that’d require more creative challenges if there’s no strict difficulty to make them a challenge.

That makes absolutely no sense

I think he is trying to say that console appealing games would have to make unique achievements for each mode if the game changed too much between difficulties so they don't bother.

But yea a boolean value that flips to true if a requirement is met isn't too hard to make. Making good AI and level design over just adding more health and damage to enemies on the other hand is hard.

My legs are ok

Can anyone give me a quick rundown on why Jians

tehy are gay

but why though

why is EYE so hilariously shit

because they're cooler than those fucking lame ass culter dei

Is E.Y.E a religious game?

here's a game where you're not sure if you've been drinking or not while playing

You gain brouzouf