Gothic Thread

this game is so goddamn good
i just started it again after several years, and it as awesome as it always was
this time i took my sweet time beating up every guy and killing every beast i could, and i just started Chapter 2 at lvl 13, with inventory so full its leaking, and 5.5K ore

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hVYrALStucs
youtube.com/watch?v=umCi5xnMe3I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>that fucking cave

Ill give you advice. If you level up to level 15, you can go to lee and become mercenary in first chapter.

Also gothic 2 with dx 11 mod is even better then i remembered it. My favorite RPG of all time.

By the way there is professional expansion in the making to the gothic 2 made by polish team.

Are you planning to playing Elex?

way back i finished G1 as New camp with Lee -> Xardas, then some time later with the Sect, and then G2 as a Dragon hunter with Lee again
this time im going again as New, then through G2 and finally at least try G3
then i would most definitely want to play Elex

All three of these games have been sitting in my backlog for a while. Should i play them; i love morrowind,is it similar?

damn that i didnt know
im already headed to the Mines again, this time with the Sect quest so ill be a merc straight after

will look into the dx mod for G2 when im there, looking forward to the changes

It's very different to morrowind(and much better).

But only after you spend some time to learn the system of how this game operates.

you HAVE to play Gothic man
the atmosphere and the world they made are just out of this world
the controls are a bit clunky before you get the hang of them, but if you persevere and get used to them, you are in for a fucking treat you will never forget

Frist thing first, you need to learn controls. It's completely different approach then what you get in new rpgs. Either learn controls with M&k or remap controls to controller. I personally always preferred to play this game with keyboard only without using mouse. When you learn controls the game is great.

Are you gonna play Mods, user?

Gothic 2 is so much better than 1

First gothic has much better factions and prison colony was more interesting than the rest of khorinis.

yes. Gothic 1 had better story and atmosphere, which is tiny compared to the big amount of shit Gothic 2 does better than 1

Gothic 1 has much better setting, story and atmosphere. Gothic 2 has better game mechanics, better combat and progression system, especially night of the raven expansion. What i dislike in gothic 1 is that after some point enemies are restitant to normal damage and only take damage from magic. Uriziel deals only magic damage so it's the only viable weapon for melee class. Bows and crossbows are completely useless for the last chapter of the game. Your strength bonus also is completely useless because it does not add up to uriziel's magic damage.

G1 is shorter and clunkier but for a long time it held this special place in my heart. Right now i like both g1 and g2 equally. Just like i love fallout 1 and 2 equally. Both games are meant to be played one after another.

youtube.com/watch?v=hVYrALStucs

this guide is wrong on combat controls.
A/D are turn left/right. Q/E are strafe left/right.

no

What the fuck is there to love about this game after Chapter 1? It's almost entirely linear from there on out with a handful of boring quests that force you to interact with a handful of boring characters. Your faction of choice doesn't matter beyond character progression. The combat goes from clunky and frustrating to clunky and tedious while the logistics of the prison colony (by far the most interesting aspect of the game) take a back seat to the tumorous chosen one plot. G2 is so much better its not even funny.

is there one like this for Gothic 1 and 3?

>and much better

equal if anything, you faggot. why create competition between two of the better games out there

are you this fucking young to not remember g2/mw shitwars?

>gothic 1
just install systempack
>gothic 3
there is only gothic 1 and 2. rest doesnt exist

I played it for a few minutes
>Looks like shit
>Plays like shit
>Already throwing utterly retarded mechanics at me
Convince me to continue or I'm refunding this shit

no one wants you to play it

fuck off and don't come back you underage faggot, you're not worthy of putting your casual hands on this masterpiece

of course, but that war's over granddad

Gothic 2 is the best wepg I have ever played, Suikoden 2 is the best jrpg

its nonlinearity will blow your mind, especially considering the year of release

Imagine an HD remaster of gothic 1 and 2 with revamped combat

It would become a top 5 game of all time.

that FCKING cave man, I didnt realize how much this game influenced my child autism
youtube.com/watch?v=umCi5xnMe3I

This is unfortunately one of the biggest flaws in both gothic 1 & 2.
80% of sidequests and exploration are in chapter 1 & 2 once your character is stronger you have very little to do. As much as I love gothic, I wish it was more consistent.

What was his fucking problem?

you're over exaggerating

I jumped in 2 without playing the first.
Is it okay?
I'm very tempted to steal this farmer clothes.

it's ok but youre missing out on a lot of references to gothic 1