Oldfags will remember Japan Time

Oldfags will remember Japan Time.

Yeah, haha.
Care to remind me exactly what this so called "Japan Time" is, fellow oldfag?

lol no

I remember japan time. It had some pretty good moments but was also full of cringe at times.

This was the first time I remember going to Sup Forums, and enjoying the fuck out of it

FALCON PUUUUUUUUNCH!!!!!

>amusement vision is dead
>GX2 will never happen

>spoil myself everyday in this site
>sorry we need more time, delayed
>spoil myself again and freak out all over man I really want this game
>sorry please understand
>another wait
>FINALY GET THE GAME
>put it in, I'm ready to play I've been waiting for so long
>"disk read error"
>call Nintendo
>oh yeah this is a DOUBLE LAYERED DISK and yours doesn't play that, teehee.
>send my stupid wii to stupid Nintendo to fix it so I can play my stupid game that i had bought the stupid game guide on.
>2 weeks go by.
>finally get it.
>I already know everything about it so I go through the whole thing with my friends to get it 100%
>project m is a thing
>gets shut down
>now they say that project m died to make that shitty melee clone game instead of making their own property when Nintendo could have just hired them to make a new smash bros since they obviously wanted that job in the first place.

Japan Time was when Brawl was good.

>tfw it came out
>you had a sinking feeling that just got worse and worse and worse as you kept playing it
>something wasn't right, but you couldn't tell what, exactly
>tfw you realized Melee really was lightning in a bottle, and that they can't ever make a true successor to it

I had more fun with Japan Time on here than with the actual game.

>mfw 2007 was a time period where people would tell me everything I was seeing on the internet was fake regardless of authenticity
>Niggas telling me Sonic wasn't going to be in the game

Would you say Japan Time 2.0 was a worthy successor, at least in terms of butthurt and shitstorms?

Nah, Japan Time 2.0 was actually pretty dull, in all honesty.

Smash 4 arguably had even better newcomers, but not having the blog every day wasn´t nearly as hype. It also didn´t help that Brawl stole the thunder of having the primer of third party characters. There hasn´t been something quite as crazy as Snake getting in.

No, the roster for Smash 4 wasn't crazy enough and the DLC was a waste

The hype was Goddamn real

Your heart is RED

>You must recover

>japan time was the last time Sup Forums was tolerable

It's been so fucking long.

Japan Time was the peak of Sup Forums, when people weren't afraid to enjoy themselves.

No, it was pretty boring.
The only fun was comparing the Gematsu leak to the final roster; the ESRB leaker who posted Bowser Jr, Shulk, Dr. Mario and Dark Pit; and the DLC characters + Smash Ballot.

I really really really liked Brawl and besides the tripping mechanics I will never get the hate.
The only bad Smash to me is Smash 4 which has very little content.

I unfortunately wasn't here for it, I followed the updates by myself and didn't visit forums.

Was Ridleyfaggottry already rampant back in those days? I remember talk of Geno from some classmates
but not the purple dragon.

They removed momentum. It objectively plays worse because of it.

I don't like Brawl, but I respect it as a game more than Smash 4. At least it has content in it and they were somewhat creative with it.

That's when the TOO BIG meme started, yes.

Not even close. Brawl sucked, so peoples' expectations for Sm4sh were pretty low, plus Sakurai didn't do an update every single day like he did before. Plus Sup Forums was already in full cancer mode and most of the threads were spammed by no-fun-allowed cranks who kept telling everyone to go back to reddit.

The Ridley jokes were pretty funny though.

"Ridleyfaggotry", if that is what it sounds like, has been a thing since Smash 64.

dat filename tho