Does anyone know what dreamcast game this is?

does anyone know what dreamcast game this is?

DreamCast games looked that good?

wtf I love DreamCast now

>now
underage

Those trees look like they came directly out of BotW
Nintendo is getting so fucking lazy

SA2 modded

wow cant tell the difference op

Mario’s head has more polygons alone than a Dreamcast game like Soul Calibur does in an entire frame

FUCKING DELETE THIS THREAD NOW!!

>getting

Wow, OP is a hipster shitposter. Using Dreamcast instead of PS2.

>Background is giant stretched photo
I miss this

>implying a dreamcast game could even load a game like oddysey, no less run it

holy shit what ps4 game is this?!

What's the point in comparing new super mario bros u to the luigi dlc

>So did you heard about new super mario game?
>Oh, which one, DS one, Wii one, 2 or U
What a horrible title

Sky boxes are still used regularly. They're just much higher quality than they used to be

Hey i recognize that forest

The "NEW" branding is actually retarded

You can't really expect good grass graphics from Japanese devs. You can expect fun though.

Early PS3 at least

the argus skyboxes in wow are a masterpiece

you actually retarded

great we have to overcome the shitposting of Zelda BOTW

>muh graphix whurr da 4K tree texturrs wharr nathunn drayk

Sonic 06 was on the Dreamcast???

Does it run at 60fps?

>this 06 bullshit again
If you actually believe that comparrison then you have no idea on what made 06 bad in the first place

Of course

Sonic Adventure 3

>graphics don't matter because the soulless corporate I'm devoutly loyal to isn't any good at them

What super nintendo game is this?

>Graphics matter because the soulless corporate I'm devoutly loyal to puts all their resources on it and nothing else

graphics dont matter because they dont affect guess whats the most important thing?
GAMEPLAY!
and i haven't played a fucking mario since the wii

>only gameplay matters!
>because only games that have bad graphics have good gameplay
>and because only games that have good graphics have bad gameplay

nah, it was the sega saturn

Most games with good graphics have bad gameplay desu. They're too expensive so they're encouraged to play it safe and rehash the same mechanics they know work.

It's okay when Sega does it

>they're encouraged to play it safe and rehash the same mechanics they know work.
You unwittingly described the entire Mario franchise

It's okay when Mario does it since it pioneered some of those safe mechanics anyway.

>soNi***ER going fucking rabbid for shitposting as another game gets released while their Horizon machine has been fossilising under dust since early April.
It was predicted and it didn't fail

If you're really gungho about gameplay over graphics, then you should just play Dwarf Fortress, since it's basically the epitome of gameplay. Adding graphics does nothing but reduce player agency and ultimately creates a more automated experience

What your real argument is that you're a fanboy and you're forgiving of Nintendo being shit at graphics because they're still Nintendo despite being shit at graphics, and you'd love it if they were better at graphics. But admitting this isn't part of defending them tooth and nail, so you never will

>Entire mario franchise
Every mainline Mario game is about incorporating some new gimmick into it. SM64 had 3d platforming. Sunshine had Fludd and a more open world, rather than seemingly random platforms. Galaxy 1/2 had planetoids and gravity(?) I never really played the Galaxy games, I've been meaning to. Odyssey has possession and the use of your cap, along with expanding upon everything else previous games introduced.

>stretching the main point
Listen here you 4k loving mong, graphics should come after gameplay has been structured and refined. It's not "good games have bad graphics" or "bad games have good graphics". Graphics have their place in games, but that shouldn't be the focal point. This is the only (you) you're getting from me, fuck off.

The actual truth. Games unsurprisingly went to shit with the Playstation 3 era, when it cost too much to make a game that can contend with the 'epic graphics' of their contemporaries and they could no longer take risks and the demograpic shifted to casuals so everything became generic easymode crap with characters and storys that appeals to the Twitter generation and people who dont even play games. Either the game beats itself, or its so unremarkable that nobody even beats it but still line up for the sequel after millions are put into marketing for the next one.

Amazing to see what crazy games and ideas we got from earlier generations butnow the market is heavily dominated by Western 'AAA' shit that is 99 percent of the time absolute trash.

The whole graphics debate is just something for the 'hardcore' fanbase to argue endlessly about online because they have nothing going on in life and either no new good games, or such a short attention span that they cant even play games often and it's easier to refresh websites or watch Youtube videos about games instead.

Eh, it's more late PS3 early 4.

>Games all look the same
>still better than most modern games
How does Nintendo do it bros?

>shit graphics

Into the trash this opinion goes.

By not rehashing the same thing ironically enough.

>Playstation 3 era
you mean wii era

>PS4
>Game

>Wii
>high costs
What?

the way they mixed realistic stuff into the fisher price cartoon world is really fucking jarring, makes it look like someone was just playing with a game engine and adding some stock resources

You haven't been outside in a long time have you.

>B-b-but SONY!!!!!!

900p is shit in 2017
4k adoption rates are becoming mainstream and Nintendo hasn't even reached full HD, despite having graphics assets that look like they were made sometime between the 6th and 7th generation

A game like Odyssey has no excuse for not running at 1080p

ps3 was the most irrelevant console of 7th gen

And yet it and the 360 were the reasons AAA games came into existence.

>Most games with good graphics have bad gameplay desu.
*stomps on your wrong opinion*

AAA games existed before then. ever heard of shenmue? dumb cunt.

user, 720p is full HD.
Above that is something like HD+.

720p is HD
1080p is Full HD

You have no idea what makes a game AAA do you.

>posting one of the single most repetitive games made in the last 20 years.
Word of advice, no one played SoTC for the gameplay.

neither do you apparently.

Great job proving him right your dork.

>not replaying each battle over and over again for the fun and different gameplay and defeat style with each one
>not enjoying the slow atmospheric melancholy travel to the boss
>l-le gameplay bad!
pleb tier neogaf faggots

Dude, AAA literally refers to the budget and exposure of the game.
Shenmue is not AAA. Nothing prior to gen 7 is.

720p is HD
1080p is Full HD
1440p is Quad HD
2160p is Ultra HD

shenmue had a big budget fuck off retard.

Wii had some great games, but only a few since there was no market or supportfor third party as they couldn't compete on the Wii, or make good sales. The biggest hit was Monster Hunter which was already huge and a built formula, and then what is still essentially a cult hit Xenoblade. Other decent sellersare 'party' trash that people play for fifteen minutes. The strategy of the Wii to bring in new fans and slowly train them into hardcore fans that could handle real games failed as they couldn'tretain customers, people eventuallyhad enough fifteen minute games, and they fucked up their franchises like Metroid trying to make entry games for new fans, same as Square did with FFXIII but Square was unfortunately smart enough to stacktheir games with fanservice bait characters and other shit so people would still talk about Lightning and Noctis etc... and play their endless shitty games milking previous hits like old Final Fantasy's.

Besides Dissidia, I think that game kicks ass, but handheld games are still great, PSP DS and slowly 3DS and Vits have stacked libraries because they dont have to waste their time and money on graphics and pandering to nongamers for whatever reason.

lol.... psp is overrated as fuck dude. people only like it because its so easy to mod. most of its games are just watered down console games.

we're so close to the release, bros
i can almost taste the poisonous cartridge

Shenmue's budget was fucking gigantic for it's time, it most certainly was a AAA game.

Xenoblade was not a third party game. Nintendo owned Monolith Soft already at that point.

Kill yourself, braindamaged Nintendicksucker.
Shenmue had a budget of $50 million. Back in those days and in 90s money that sum was fucking ludicrous.

Nope.
The numbers that are there for its budget aren't representative of Shemue on it's own for example a lot of it also covered Shemue 2.

>but only a few since there was no market or supportfor third party as they couldn't compete on the Wii, or make good sales.
It's still strange that people say this given that the Wii had a lot of third party support.

By better, you mean a significantly downgrade of past entries and being one of the most mediocre series on its genre?

Demons Souls and MGS4 were the only long term relevant games from that generation that I canthink of off the top.of my head as they made a big impact and that will last for generations whether you liked the games or not. Everything else has either already faded or will fade shortly.

To this day most games are still rehashing:

Doom, Quake
Resident Evil 4
DQ, FF 1, 7
MGS 1,2,4
Gran Turismo
Mario, Mario 64
Demon Souls
Devil May Cry
Shadow of the Colossus
Shenmue
GTA3
PSO
Street Fighter 2, Tekken, Virtua Fighter
Zelda

>posts a game that isnt even out yet

Boy looks like Sony sure isn't scraping the bottom of the barrel

>MGS4
>impact
Dude, no.

Want to take another crack at that one you illiterate fuck?

>nearest place to heaven intensifies

Wasn't that the Wii?

Okay okay, but you get what I was saying, Wii had very little room for big third party original hit games.

Nintendo solicited very small amounts ofsupport compared to Playstation and Xbox, there was also way less of a market in their demographic for third party games. Nintendo still used the old phphilosophy of if you build it thy will come and it didnt work, and besides supporting a few games like Bayonetta 2 etc the WiiU suffered even worse from it.

It has a huge library of games and I like or even love a lot of games on the system. Should I change my feelings because you don't agree, especially when I have never heard of someone in my country modding it because we dont download shit and my country is the biggest market for the PSP and we still have aisles for it in the biggest stores?

>best selling system
>irrelevant

No they dont

>720p compressed to shit youtube video shot

Why do mods let shit threads like this stay up?

>no worthwhile games after 2009

holy fuck thats terrible

Mario hype is getting to me. Quick, someone talk me out of buying a BING BING WAHOOO machine.

Exact same shit happened with BoTW where retards shills and trolls posted compressed to fuck 720p youtube captures. And then were samefagged to hell by the exact same stupid dipshits with fuckshitted reaction faces.

bing bing wahoo is 50% of the switch's library

>walking around is fun

that looks pathetic

>Galaxy 2
>DKCR
>Epic Mickey
>NMH2
>Sonic Colors
>Xenoblade
>Trauma Team
>Epic Yarn
>Tatsunoko vs Capcom

>just a handful of games that came out in 2010

You can always sell it afterwards. I have no doubt Odyssey will be stellar, but the Switch will have little use outside of that unless you're a total drone

>I have no doubt Odyssey will be stellar
Don't you mean lunar

Yeah, doesn't Nintendo know you need the screen to be covered in chromatic aberration?