Just got into Gravity Rush 2 and am completely enjoying the time playing...

Just got into Gravity Rush 2 and am completely enjoying the time playing. It's just so joyful and uplifting but with some melancholic themes as well, just like playing a studio ghibli movie.
I was huge fan of GR1 but sadly didn't start playing on release to enjoy all the online fun and fooling around.
Sadly the few people playing it don't really put effort into it, lazily taking photos, even though I'm still hyped when I find one to observe.
Everything from artstyle, story, music and characters is just beautifully unique. The fanservice and adult humor is also heartwarmingly funny.

I know I'm late but I just wanted to share my joy since I missed out on the online season

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0INIMjvtCL4
youtube.com/watch?v=EItGCP0nAlE
youtube.com/watch?v=XRf5XKeo-DQ
youtube.com/watch?v=wZcVphljo1Y
gravityrushcentral.com/2017/08/26/review-gravity-rush-manga-chapter-2/
gravityrushcentral.com/2017/09/27/review-gravity-rush-manga-chapter-3/
youtube.com/watch?v=quQ-NzbozFA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

But Kat's so stinky.

At least you got it before the online dies

What I found was that I enjoyed the game much more when I primarily did the main quest and only a few side quests every now and then.

Doing all the new side quests every time you advance a chapter might get tedious.

You definitely want to reach the end of the main quest, it answers (at least some) questions raised by GR1.

god, grfags type like such faggots.

Glad you are enjoying it as much as I did user, truly a masterpiece

Fat

to be honest I'm doing nothing besides side quests, challenges and fooling around in town since I really enjoy the simple small tasks you get to do in the side quests. This is what I missed big time in GR1, being a nobody who just helps around with chores in town, like when you're employed for the rich lady to get the maid costume.
Fun thing is, I didn't like the first quest you get from the thousand centipede gang downtown since it was so annoying with the stasis throw. But I was anyway highly motivated to finish it since I felt the urge to help that favela town.
so you mean happy people
wouldn't say masterpiece, since I know from GR1 quests and combat get repetitive, but it's just a unique and special game that knows how to make adults feel young again

Also how was online during release time? I'm not 100% informed of what you can do since I like to play games blind

Online is mainly leaderboard shit that goes with the challenges. The only good portion is you get player submitted photos that help you find a treasure chest which can be equally fun or frustrating depending on the photo.

All Sony had to do was show one gameplay trialer or demo for this game during their E3 conference (did they actually?) and the game would've sold way more. The gameplay looks ridiculously cool/flashy on screen compared to many games

>trying to get the last few tokens before hitting 6000
>all my treasure hunt hint photos for the day are pictures of the chest itself with no context or pictures of Kat's ass

Why is she so mad?

No, they didn't show any japanese games except death stranding. not even Persona 5
Showing weebshit might scare the normalfags away

She's thinking of the Jupiter style tutorial area

Then Sony is a fucking idiot for not properly showing off two of best upcoming exclusives at the time for the ps4. Didn't Sony get flack for not just showing God of War and Horizon again? Gravity Rush isn't even weeb-ey at all, it just has a cute protagonist. All they had to do was show some cool gameplay with lunar style. Everyone I've shown this game to has been like "Wow this is cool! What game is this?"

The demo for 2 has me interested.

Gonna save and get both games soon.

The side quest in GR2 are really weird.

true. personally I've always got more of a Walt Disney vibe from GR than a japanese one.
could have done way better.

I'm amazed that E3 2017 was just a remaster of E3 2016, because it even reminds me of Matthewmatosis' video, that he did on how Sony doesn't show some of their japanese games

Christ that place was cancer.

>that one where you have to sneak up and catch a pissing dog

Funny how that happens, when the game doesn't even try to be cinematic for most of the time

imagine kat and shantae being friends

>mfw 5700 tokens

I'M SO CLOSE

You're doing great

I mostly try to make a easy and useful picture while still having kat in the picture as well. Even though I don't think anybody is playing the game anymore, so I probably am doing it for nought. I really love treasure hunt since I feel as if I would pose a game for somebody else.
the one were you take photos of hot girls for an old man. And also prostitute yourself as soon as you can't find a willing one
Well the first one had dark/strange themes as well. The guys from other timelines appearing and disappearing, the letter you catch for that one guy and after you bring it to his love interest she completely shits on him

Also the live action trailer was absolutely beautiful

youtube.com/watch?v=0INIMjvtCL4
>that song at 03:15

I loved that ad

Funny thing is that I just got a bad picture, but spawned right in front of the treasure chest

I bet Kat's butthole taste like cotton candy

youtube.com/watch?v=EItGCP0nAlE
Just in case you loved the song just as I did

Nice

>Just got into Gravity Rush 2 and am completely enjoying the time playing. It's just so joyful and uplifting but with some melancholic themes as well, just like playing a studio ghibli movie.
I know right? What a bright, vibrant, and unique game world. There is really nothing else like it in video games and it feels like a breath of fresh air.
But then you consider the darker elements and dark undertones of the game: new stuff you'll learn about the world in 2 and the eventual fate of the world you learn about in the first game
Also, you consider that the online will shut down in 3 months and you realize that the joyous game-world where you can indirectly socialize with others via treasure hunts, photos, and etc will lose the online functionality and that world will become just a little lonelier and a little bit emptier.

It's kinda sad

>Incoming treasure hunt!
>It's in the houseboat fleet
>The image is almost always unhelpful no matter how hard the person tried, because the islands in that region are all copypasted so you end up relying on the chest detector noise

youtube.com/watch?v=XRf5XKeo-DQ

Thinkin of slapping a shota

Guess she's really sick of that dude and his fanfic

But the music and overall tone of the slumtown is really nice so I have no problem with spending a little bit longer there

every time

might as well just take a nice picture of kat instead

>when you realize that this track from the first game and Kat's song in 2 have the exact same music

I wonder what's next for Toyama? A fourth Siren is pretty unlikely, considering that Blood Curse sold pretty bad and he's said himself that more traditional survival horror games are just too expensive to make in today's climate for a studio of Japan Studio's stature. Plus he's said that he's not really interested in a GR3 anytime soon, which is kind of exacerbated by the fact that GR2 underperformed and only sold about 300k copies.

I wanna see a crossover of japanese related PlayStation series and shit

Didn't he said he wanted to make a new IP?

youtube.com/watch?v=wZcVphljo1Y

I don't even remember that song from the first game

when did it play?

Any news on the GR manga?
What happens there, besides a retelling of the animation?

I believe its from the opening when the apple is rolling down the streets of Auldnoir

The GR Central guy's been following them.

gravityrushcentral.com/2017/08/26/review-gravity-rush-manga-chapter-2/
gravityrushcentral.com/2017/09/27/review-gravity-rush-manga-chapter-3/

It plays in the opening title sequence
youtube.com/watch?v=quQ-NzbozFA

At first I loved GR1 but in the final stretch I found it very tedious, I rush it before I dropping it.
Shoul I buy GR2 anyway?

I wanna give Kat a kiss

it does not

God the houseboat fleet is a nightmare for treasure hunts.
I spent close to an hour searching for a chest there and never managed to find it. If a landmark like the Central island or the water tank aren't in the shot then you may as well give up.
the downtown area of Lei Comolsona can be pretty bad too.

Gravity rush 2 is way WAY longer but has a lot more to do if you get tired of the main missions. there are lots of side activities like online challenges, mining, treasure hunts and the photo album. Plus the ending stretch of GR2 gets pretty exciting and essentially becomes Dragon Ball Z with cute grils

Same for me, the end was the least enjoyable part for me as well. Had more fun doing the challenges. I am binge playing GR2 for hours now and it's the most fun I had with GR so far.
That makes me extremely sad, since regarding how good the game is I thought that it would have sold fairly well. I had hopes that Sony invest in GR like in a mascot. I miss the hype I had for GR2 already

Speaking of GR and shit, does anyone believe in the bullshit about Sony Smash 2?
Would Kat even return?

My biggest problem with the game was the forced auto game over upon detection stealth missions. Holy shit they were absolutely awful, which sucks because just fucking around the world with just your gameplay is when the game is at its best.

post more

>est.

She's kind of become Japan Studio's mascot in more recent years, which is a bit surprising considering that even in Japan GR is a fairly niche cult series.

Shame they wont do GR collabs no more

Blatant shill thread for a bad game

>when the whole town comes out and starts singing as you take down the final boss
Great moment

submit a lot of pics you will get tons of ratings

WHY IS CHAD IN KAT'S GAME GAME!!!
WTF SONY! reeeeeeeeeeeeee

what will he do to her?

I hope Japan Studio still remembers Ape Escape

So I just finished the main game two days ago and I'm about to start Raven's DLC.
How long is it exactly?

Like 2 hours i guess

around 3 hours
really depends on how much trouble you have on the frustrating parts

SWEET
RELEASE

It might be my goty. I really enjoy Kat's mobility and I love the characters, story, and atmosphere.

So long as there's nothing on the level of the firefighting mission in the first game's military DLC.
That shit was the most frustrating part of the whole series.

>the firefighting mission in the first game's military DLC.
Oh man, I hated that. I ragequit and never finished it. Still ordered GR2 the next day, though.

Fucking Yoshida; hirokeima plays GR2 for literally thousands of hours and this is how he's rewarded?

damn

Is GR2 the real Mirror's Edge 2?

>that massive difference in tokens between #1 and #2
So who is going to dethrone him and take that #1 spot? Who wants to grind for Dusty Tokens for 3 months?

Got a challenge from him once, the sliding race on Havina.
He fucking whooped my ass.

i know that it would cause motion sickness, but i want this in psvr so bad. it would convince me to buy psvr

Was he in the wrong?

>created a surveillance state enforced by robots
>kidnapped and experimented on orphans.
>tried to stop time through some autistic rationalization that it would help him be closer to his daughter.
>straight-up murdered a guy.
Gee, I don't know.

"H-hello."

ceewee

glad that still so many people are interested in this game. Was a nice time, good night

>treasure hint photo has Kat in the white costume
>you then remember that you will never ever get that costume because it was a preorder bonus only

Just beat it! It was pretty good but not better that the first. I played the shit out of it still, have one more giant nevi to defeat before i get platinum. Kat is bae.

While I agree that the sidequests weren't anything to write home about I found myself doing all of them despite not being a completionist at all.
It's probably because of the fun physics/gameplay and instead of just mindlessy jumping from place to place one might aswell do the sidequests

how did you get all upgrades that easily?

>spent ages grinding out 6000 tokens pre-server-shutdown announcement
>have literally every other costume except the white one.
ITS NOT FAIR

I only use the white costume.

I preordered the game and didn't start playing it until last week.

they're fucking autists

I don't even use it.

She looks cute

You're the autist.

>I preordered the game and didn't start playing it until last week.