I'm having a slight temptation to buy a PS Vita

Talk me into buying one/talk me out of buying one.

Does it have any games? Is it homebrew-able? How's the battery life?

you can install some homebrew shit to shit third party memory sticks and to pirate games. but unless you are really into jap shit it is not worth it since the majority of vita exclusive now have a home console version. I believe only uncharted golden abyss and muramasa dont have a home console really on ps3 nor ps4.

Weeb machine, check to see if the firmware is 3.60 or under, 4.5 hours.

What emulators work with it?

Thinking of buying one for plane trips and shit. Persona 4 Golden, God Eater and Strangers Wrath HD are enough for me

I'm thinking of buying a ps3 since there are so many cheap games at this point bar rare ones

It can emulate PS1 and PSP easily as it was designed to.

Other than that, SNES and GBA. Possibly Genesis and lower but haven't checked.

It's only slightly more powerful than a PS2.

Yes, anything under 3.60 for free games, 3.61-3.65 for VHBL, 2-3 hours but that might just be my battery starting to shit itself

>buy
>psvita

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It has a lot of games but very few exclusives, that's the thing.

It's hacked, but then the latest games won't work.

I'd almost regret buying one if not for Ninja gaiden everywhere, Freedom Wars, and SRW

>unironically buying a Vita when the Switch exists
Lmao

>slim version
why would you do that to yourself? You have a piss fetish or something?

>buying a console at the start of the lifecycle, not at the end

>Does it have any games?
Not really.
> Is it homebrew-able?
Yep. Gotta be on 3.60 or below firmware though, and those units are vanishing.
> How's the battery life?
Decent. Better on the slim.

Retroarch a shit.

i had the same feeling but just got a pstv instead

Get an original one if you can because the OLED screen is amazing. Also get one under 3.60 because you can use henkaku and use an SD card instead of buying the sony jew cards.

its good for emulators desu

emulators are disappointing, can't reach full speed in plenty of SNES and GBA games and unlike the PSP frameskip doesn't exist

nobody cares about Vita homebrew

fuck off nintenshills

OLED screen is better but Slim screen is fine.
If it were really that bad there'd be more than the 3 piss filter shitposting images floating around from the Slim launch

Frameskip doesnt exist? Which emulator are you using?

Buy a PSTV they are like 30 bucks. Plays all the vita games.

you're not a sperg who would play a game in public

Retroarch. Tried playing FF6 on SNES with snes9x2005, the intro was full of slowdown and the audio got crackly. Earlier snes9x versions ran at full speed but had fucked up off-pitch audio.

Well not like the VIta had a lifecycle to begin with

>using DualShit to play rhythm games under any circumstance

when did you last try it? The emulators have improved a lot in the last few months.

A few weeks ago?

I can't find my vita and I can't remember which emulator I used but I managed to play through DKC2 at full speed without any issues,

>not buying a third party controller

Naturally it differs from game to game. Only a few SNES games have slowdown like that. More GBA games do.

P4g

battery life is pretty good if you turn on airplane mode whenever you don't need wifi or something. it's maximum comfy really, the screens are nice, though I got an old one and they're incredible

The internet browser on the PS Vita is the worst browser on any device i have ever used. The vita has 3 worthwhile games and thats Persona 4 Golden and Danganronpa 1-2.

Dont forget Taiko no Tatsujin: V Version
thats reason enough to buy a vita alone

>The internet browser on the PS Vita is the worst browser on any device i have ever used.
better than PSP, 3DS, DSi or DS.
Or DC.
>The vita has 3 worthwhile games and thats Persona 4 Golden and Danganronpa 1-2.
Garbage taste.

No. Try playing a game with colors and compare the color accuracy between the two games.

You are aware that the OLED screen isn't color accurate right? It's way over saturated.

The battery life on the 2000 is crazy good. I leave it on standby for weeks and don't notice a drop.

Only get it if you like weeb games. And I don't mean you might like one or two weeb games. You better like panty quest games up the ass if you want to get the most out of it.

>I-it's not accuracy! What's happening is... is.. it's over saturated!

t. slimfag trying to cope with his shitty purchase

Other than loving mine for all the 'weeb' games, the battery life is the only other big positive of the Vita. You can sleep mode it for weeks before it loses much juice. My only issues with mine is I have the slim and it bothers my eyes after a couple of hours of play.

Of course the worst part of the Vita is the memory card, but if you buy a lot of digital you can offset the cost. Bought a 64gb for $80 and I've probably made it up with getting games I wanted digital on sale.

www.psprices.com is a great site to follow, even if you don't own one.

OLED on the Vita is oversaturated by design because the blue wears out faster than the green and red.
Not even arguing that the 2k screen is better. I had both and sold the OLED because the 2k is the better Vita overall.

>Does it have any games?
Somebody please explain to me why so many people consider buying consoles they know nothing about or don't already know of any games they want to play on it.

it's the same with the 1000

Do not understand your logic nor your bizarre argument. The slim literally launches with colors not working. Its nature is to look like garbage. I've had my 1k Vita since launch day and there's no color degradation. I almost wish my nephew were here with his 2k so I could post just how significant the video difference is. An internet image will have to suffice.

I have an oled but I held a slim and it felt thinner and lighter way more comfortable , didn't compare the screen tho