What are some games that look pretty when they get upscaled?

What are some games that look pretty when they get upscaled?

Dragon Quest VIII
Oboro Muramama
Okami
etc.

Basically any game that already had a good style that wasn't trying to be gritty realism or brown and grey.

>chromatic aberration
It's fucking shit.

a more interesting question is what games look worse when rendered at a higher resolution?

>>chromatic aberration
>a Wii game

A lot of older games that have pre-rendered backgrounds.

See Any game that tried to go for a realistic look. Especially with heavy color filters. Like GTA or MGS games on PS2.

>not understanding how emulator enhancements work

I've always been really mixed on Skyward Sword's visuals.

From a technical perspective, given the hardware, it's really impressive, with a ton of texture quality that accurately translates the feel of an oil painting. But the colors are oversaturated to a degree where it looks less "pastel on canvas" and more "neon candy raver", which damages the overall aesthetic. Plus a lot the character and enemy designs are questionable.

Metroid Prime

No one is questioning that you don't

I agree.
Here let me share one of mine. A true showcase of skill.

Best art in Zelda series IMO.

most wii games that are more than shovelware.

but Pandora's Tower to name one that probably wont get listed in the thread

A lot of Wii games look pretty emulated.

> But the colors are oversaturated to a degree where it looks less "pastel on canvas" and more "neon candy raver"
It looks more like shiny watercolors.

Is there an actual way to emulate this without the dumb motion controls?

obviously

When can I play Skyward Sword to find out how shit it is???? Fucking Dolphin won't let me emulate Wii Motion + last I checked REEEEEE

nigga just buy a wii remote haha

PS2 games.

Almost looks like they were going for an impressionist style but, them Wii textures.

PS2 MGS games look good when upscaled though.

There's also other stuff like Silent Hill 3 that looks amazing despite trying for realism (well, for parts)

>A wii emulator puts games through a non existent lens that is also old and shitty and gives it chromatic aberration

You don't know what chromatic aberration even is, do you?

Someone once swapped the color palettes of TP with those of SS, I wonder how SS would look if that was done the other way around

>Buy a Wii mote to try one game and possibly hate it

I think Pikmin 1 looks rather blurry and dull at higher resolutions.

Wiimotes are what, like 20 bucks now? And the game will be free cause you're emulating it? That's hardly a sinking cost for a 50-hour long action adventure game.

It's definitely the worst 3D Zelda though

That is fucking incredible

isn't there a thing to translate the mouse motion to wiimote motion or something?