Who the fuck thought this is an aesthetically accurate recreation of S.H.O.D.A.N

who the fuck thought this is an aesthetically accurate recreation of S.H.O.D.A.N

i prefer this vaguely looking machine face rather than that cyborg-esq face

It's a female face with cyber shit coming out of it, what's the problem?

Looks the same. She looked better in SS1 anyway.

CAN YOU BELIEVE THEY MADE SONIC'S ARMS FUCKING BLUE

As a big fan of the original this doesn't look so bad. Main issue is she looks less narrow and sharp, and actually looks kind of friendly. Somewhat closer to Giger's Li paintings as opposed to wholly unique like the original.

she looks more anthropomorphized

i dont like that

This isn't the image of Shodan that they're going with.
If you're going to be outraged, at least find the right fucking picture.

It's a fucking human face, it was already about as anthropomorphized as it could get.

Don't worry, that was just an early concept.

funny you're bringing up cyborgs because SS2's ending implies she turns into a cyborg

that giger painting is acceptable because its supposed to represent the merging of machine and flesh, thus its ok for it to look human-like

shodan is purely AI and her face is a reflection of that, something that we can empathize with but not too much.

also bringing SHODAN back in SS2 was such a mistake, it's like they had no confidence and had to write fan fiction

>who the fuck thought this is an aesthetically accurate recreation of S.H.O.D.A.N

Literally the guys who made System Shock 2

man the SYS1 remake face looks even more horrible

I'm literally giving up on all of you, that is NOT Shodan in the System Shock remake, it is just early concept art. She has already went through a complete transformation away from this image, they might change her again before it comes out but regardless, this image is NOT Shodan in the remake.

you just quoted every post in the thread without reading them

It'd be just fine if they made the expression match more closely. Original Shodan has this primal, malevolent stare, while the OP image looks like it's relatively friendly and approachable. But the model itself is just fine

Now this is just horrendous

Incorrect, I didn't quote my other post.

I hear you pal. Sometimes people here will just convince themselves to hate things for the sake of it. The lack of self awareness is galling.
The BOTW emulator thread and pol are prime examples of this.

I sometimes listen to Shodan talking for no reason other than I like the way she sounds.

Is that weird?

You just like dominatrix AIs with speech impediments.