Swap Firered/Leafgreen with Black/White 2

old gen > new gens

Objective

hey dumbass, the master ball only works once, not 4 fucking times

SuMo is much better than X and Y

No

youtube.com/watch?v=YvsnFDtvUSo

best trainer battle theme

Everyone keeps saying white 2/black 2 were good, what did they have that was good? I didn't bother with white or black

Best post-game by far

what the fuck is wrong with these rankings.
Master: HGSS, Emerald, Platinum
Ultra: B2W2, SM
Great: FRLG, BW
Poké: XY

Also best Champion theme
youtube.com/watch?v=-4vpdkEkup8

Sun and Moon would have been a lot better if they didn't include so many fucking stops for pointless dialogue

Good level design and postgame which are the two most important and desirable things from Pokémon games.

The PWT is fucking awful. Platinum's endgame was much better.

Pokemon Volt White 2 is the best Pokemon game.

Totodile is best starter.

The best Pokemon is a tie between Wooper and Brelloom.

I like black and white a lot. Its definitely not as good as firered but its closer than a tier difference.

FUCK OFF. God damn, you stupid fucks are the most annoying posters. If you wanna post girls, fine, but at least contribute to the actual discussion.

Gastly line best line

M: SS, HG and P

U: E, FR, LG, B2, W2

Great and Standard are fine

Put platinum at the top and swap XY with SM and I agree

X/Y are S/M tier. They did their thing, but didn't really make me enjoy playing them anymore than other games.

Personally would swap FR/LG with B/W and call it perfect.

I can agree with this except I haven't played BW1

BW2 > HGSS > Plat = Emerald = BW1 > FRLG > SM >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dash > XY >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>urafaget

You are fucking retarded if you think SM are better than XY.

Sun/moon with a hacked ditto made getting competitive pokemons easy which was nice. it's definitely was the best game for that.

I'll show you the real super power of not quite contrarian but slightly off beat opinions. Although I enjoyed SM, I have basically no interest in USUM. If you're going to tradeoff replayabilty and quality of life breeding mechanics for a more engaging main adventure then you'd sure as shit better make the updated version a sequel rather than a retelling.

holy shit it's an image uhh calm down, OP doesn't say they need to discuss anything

>Pokemon Volt White 2 is the best Pokemon game

Objectively true

People underrate romhacks way too fucking much. Hell, HGSS's main flaw is the shitty level scaling. Install sacred gold / storm silver and you got a perfect pokemon game

I liked the pokemon and region better. Only downside was cutscenes

I agree.

i think the pokemon fanbase accidentally memed itself into shitting on the mythical genwunners so hard that a lot of valid criticism directed at the newer games was dismissed or even not shared on the premise that it was based exclusively on nostalgia

the last few games in the series have been tedious, hyper linear, verbose, pandering garbage that's designed to maximise interest and feedback in the first week with nothing to offer anyone beyond that, but people were too busy patting themselves on the backs for not being genwunners to call this out

>Grid movement
>Introduction of fairy type
>Ugly chibi models
>Underdeveloped, nonsensical evil team
>No third version despite all the baiting
Whatever you say

Linear is good for pokemon, ideally gen 1 had a good balance but gen 2 was absolutely shit in level balance because it went non linear, its a meme at this point that linaerity automatically is bad.

SM was great.

5>7>2>3>1>4>6

Best route music
youtube.com/watch?v=T8cLW0Lckhc

>Gastly line best line

True

Who's your favorite pokemon Sup Forums? Gliscor is the perfect mon for me, but Marowak is a very very close second.

Hg&ss are the best.
You literally cannot prove me wrong.

Level scaling, shitty balance, poor pokemon distribution.

Please for the love of god tell me how XY is better than SM

I literally hacked my team into level 100 after the 4th gym because I was too fucking sick of it.

0 challenge
Awful music, with maybe 2 or 3 acceptable """"memorable"""" tracks
While SM has shitloads of cutscenes, they're usually decent apart from Hau. In XY EVERY cutscene was shit.
Interesting region until you reach gym 2. After that, the region is ridiculously bland.
Also genwun pandering

Third version / sequel doesn't make an existing game better.or worse

i love the blue blob

The real version

Switch Platinum and HGSS then it is a pretty good list.

>Su/Mo, G/S
>not on top
shit taste

Thank you for Removing black and white 2, Black and white the second worst generation.

GSC is literally outdated tier.

You have an entire board to post your shit in. Fuck off.

>region better
No, fuck off.

Kalos, for all its faults, at least has better level design than Alola. Maybe marginally, but still actual dungeons like Frost cavern, Reflection cave, Terminus cave, a few cool routes like Winding Woods and Route 16 and an actual Victory Road and evil team hideout.

Alola is fucking garbage level design with only a single real dungeon which is hampered by Lillie's asinine and persistent dialogue and interruptions. It's streamlined and boring as shit.

The writing is equally bad in both games, but XY wins by virtue of having the story be less prominent. Yeah I dislike the dumb friend characters as much as the next guy but they don't interrupt me with pointless dialogue nearly as much as the cast in SM does.

The new features in SM suck more than the ones in XY too, Festival Plaza is a grindfest with horribly unfun "minigames", Poké Finder is a horrible grindfest with no payoff, Poké Pelago sucks because it's not engaging and just plays the game for you (for example of good auxiliary content see the Pokéathlon). At least Super Training was kind of fun. Also mega evolutions are better than Z-moves.

So in summary, SM have a horrible story, horrible level design, horrible new features and horrible postgame. Mind that I'm not saying anything of this because I want to defend XY (I don't) but because SM are just that shit.

SM has better gameplay and is better balanced, thats more important.

That's not gen 2's champion theme

youtube.com/watch?v=lWHgMcIOsuw

Amazing how both of you can copy-paste the wrong link twice.
youtube.com/watch?v=rXefFHRgyE0

No it isn't. Level design and map exploration are the most important parts of Pokémon besides the Pokémon themselves.

Level design in Pokemon is literally the bottom of the barrel in JRPGs, nobody will agree that it's one of Pokemon's strong points.

Trash taste m8

>level design
Pokemon dungeons have like 5-room 3-floor max. They're complete shit compared to every other RPG.

everything in Pokemon is literally the bottom of the barrel in JRPG

I am not saying it's a strong point, but I do think it should be important and Alola is the weakest it has ever been. Although the reason for a lot of that is the removal of HMs what most people agree with. I don't.

I sure do love to wait 50 years for a turn to end.

youtu.be/3PvtFVtNhuo

This literally baby's first jrpg

BW2 was a fucking awful cashgrab and the reason for it being so popular I'll never understand.

He said HG&SS not Black and White.

The shit level design in Alola has nothing to do with the removal of HMs. They could still have made large, complex dungeons without them, see Tin Tower for example of a dungeon with no HMs needed. They just chose not to because they're retarded.

Because it was the first sequel (Not counting gen2)

Black and White didn't have bad balance (HGSS and gen2 were beyond shit in balance), but I agree that the pokemon distribution wasn't good.

They could, yes. The removable of HMs hurt what little they had though. What in other games would feel like a secret path you need rock climb for because you switching your mount to walk on rocks for 3 seconds. Or choosing to rock smash to get pass an encounter you want to avoid in a cave, felt less like I was using hidden routes and more of "do I go left and fight the double battle or right and not fight them".

>Grid movement being bad
Fucking 3D ruining Pokemon

Hoenn starters are the best starters.

I wouldn't define any pokemon game as a cashgrab.
Especially not BW2, it had a lot of work put into it

>tfw your nostalgia game was remade in gen 6.

It isn't
But I just played Gold on the 3DS VC a few days ago, and I couldn't help but remember the excitement of finding Ho-Oh and Lugia
You go into a confusing dungeon like the Tin Tower, you get lost, you run around and suddenly you find the top..and a legendary Pokemon waiting for you there
Same was true for Mewtwo in RB, Rayquaza in RS, Giratina in DP, Kyurem in BW, Zygarde in XY..

And in Sun Moon we had what, Necrozma in the grass in some random area? a copy of Terminus Cave that you reach after one screen and then there isn't even any legendary there but instead a random encounter Ultra Beast?
Sun and Moon biggest problem isn't the story, it isn't the annoying SOS mechanic, it isn't the slow Pokemon, or the encounter rate of the new Pokemon, the problem is the boring, linear level design
Wela Volcano Park is the best fucking example

What's the problem here?

>go into the cave entrance
>get teleported straight to the top of the volcano

>oras's strictly rectangle paths
Disgusting.

USUM cia when?

As somebody who skipped HGSS, gen 5, ORAS, and gen 7

Platinum > Emerald >> RS = XY > Crystal > FRLG = GS >> RBY

>nonsensical evil team

Lysandre was the most developed and most sympathic evil team leader in the series. Everybody else wants to rule the world or destroy the world for stupid reasons, lysandre actually had a relatable, noble goal, and just went to extreme methods to accomplish it

>prejudge the fuck out of ORAS
>decide to pirate it
>actually quite pretty looking
>appreciate the day-night cycles as it's the only think that always kept me from replaying the GBA games
>extra shit like the Pokémon radar makes the game less of a chore and it's not invasive
>make it to the route before Foretree
>meet a faggot and Latias shows up
>after a extremely stupid scene, get awarded a Latios just because
>get introduced into the Megaevolution crap
>game goes to shit
>drop it forever

Gamefreak can't help but shit on every well thing they get done.

But new gens have better girls/doujins which is the only important thing

exhentai.org/g/1129628/8379de43f4/

>t.flare grunt

>>game goes to shit
What are you talking about?

Not him but Lysandre would've been good if he weren't an insane hypocrite. Out of all the motivations they choose the one that makes him look like a total retard in setting. His goal wasn't noble either, it was just flat out elitist disregard and genocide.

Cute girls really are all that matter, huh?

and milfs too. Cute lolis and milfs.

>wanting to solve overpopulation and poverty isn't noble

Also keep in mind that in Y he came across as more of an asshle with his goals then in X, IIRC

How could I forget when Drasna was best Gen6 girl?

>Hurr durr nostalgia gud new gaems bad

Neck yourselves.

It's really ugly.

Blue blop is also my favorite but his perfectly upright 3D model that never lifts its hands doesn't look right.

So you like third versions most?

>Hurr durr everything before I was born is bad, shitty cutscene movie games good

swept an entire team of ubers with him

Don't fuckle with shuckle

>mfw Platinum is my favorite game and Sinnoh is my favorite region
>Switch

>
desu shuckl is fucking trash, relies on setup to do well and has HORRIBLE hp. hes only viable for setting up rocks and sticky web

7 year old children do not count.