This thing is a piece of shit garbage

This thing is a piece of shit garbage

Yeah. It looked cool, but it's far too situational. For the amount of time it takes to charge, and the fact it isn't available immediately; it should do way more.

If ammo caches refilled it might be worth equipping beyond doing the contracts

>isn't refreshed by a cabinet
>charge time is way too long
are the two main problems it has. Its charge time should be like the Jarate. Better yet they could actually change the item to something else, like an area denial thing that can be set aflame and will deal massive damage to any enemy that goes through it.

This. I was put off as soon as I got it from the contract by the fact that it's not even charged when you walk out of spawn.

Why does valve hate Pyro so much? Even in the "lets make pyro useable" update they decided to nerf the reserve shooter only for pyro.

It doesn't even shoot people up in the air, just pushing them so it makes no sense
The Degreaser doesn't speed up the switch time between the jetpack so it's useless if you're not being a coward

>The weapon designed for flanking isn't allowed to be used for flanking.

How would you fix it Sup Forums?
>35 seconds to fill up
>Starts out full
>increase afterburn time for those dowsed
>Filled with cabinet

Make it something other than "We nerfed pyro AGAIN! Equip this terrible weapon to do a slightly better version of something you used to be able to do all the time."

>Needing afterburn to kill people now.

It's recharged by doing damage, just a protip for ya.

Pro tip: This thing charges WAY faster as you do damage.

>Filled with cabinet
Awful idea. You can completely lock down last on any A/D or PL map.

Afterburn has never been really good, but they've basically been nerfing pryo to hell for ages and these new changes basically counteract their previous attempts at buffing pyro by making afterburn a heal debuff by dramatically shortening how long you burn for.

Pyro just needs some straight buffs, but they keep on at the very best trying to do equal buffs and nerfs and at worst just flat out nerfing it with random changes because they don't know what the fuck they're doing.

This
It's actually amazing

protip: TF2 is a piece of shit garbage.

This is sort of un-related. But why does even try to nerf something instead of buffing everything else? It's like making this better never comes to their minds

TF2 was basically taken over by a completely new team a few years ago after being abandoned and the new people have no fucking idea what they're doing at all. I mean the old team didn't really have much clue either but they were just like "eh whatever if it's fun it's fine" so they never really fucked up that badly. Whoever is managing it now is completely fucking retarded.

>I WANT power creep
idiots like you ruin games

>But why does even try to nerf something instead of buffing everything else?
Because balancing 1 thing around 50 things is easier and less prone to mistakes than the opposite.

Most people dont get power creep. On Overwatch you also get retards wanting "BUFF EVERYONE ELSE INSTEAD OF NERFING ONE!!!"

No, this thing is a piece of shit garbage

What? I'm having a blast with it.

>Using it to approach rather than to position
shitter detected

It's fun. Who cares if it's garbage?

>other classes with good ranged weapons get powerful guns that they can fight with and move around with
>the class that they're trying to force to only be usable at point blank range finally gets a mobility option
>forces them to give up all their ranged options

At least it's fun to use even if they were so lazy they just went "What if we gave pyro a targe?"

20% movement speed reduction on anyone effected, increase charge time 100%, make the cloud last a lot shorter.

>I don't care if I'm garbage and we're losing I'm having fun!

Why do I always have 8 of you retards on my team every game?

I mean it could be fun AND not complete shit.

That would be kinda nice.

Did anyone else loved seeing the new case's prices dropping off a cliff on the Marketplace? I hate profitfags

You could say that about pyro as a whole. But it'll never change

>game
gee I wonder

You sound like the type of faggot who should be playing a moba right now.

It should refill like the Jarate or Mad Milk. There is no reason for it to charge so slowly.

People should sell them, in a week they will be work 3 cents.

I manage to arrive where Soldiers go, faster, with less hp cost and more efficiently.
I fucking love it. I wish it was possible to use it without having to switch weapons though.

>join casual game
>half the team afk
>other half are pyros taunting or "having fun xD"
uninstalled and hidden in library RIP

what is it? i've been meaning to reinstall TF2 for a few months now, since the "hero shooter" genre turned out to be a bust.

New update. A bunch of really dumb balance changes, like 5 different kinds of microtransactions, and pyro got a bunch of shitty new meme weapons.

It's hilarious how easy is to spot people that probably never played the game before this update.
We'll be better without you around anyway.

>update sucks
>figure now's a good time to unload what's left of my backpack items
>try to send a trade offer
>15 day hold
>activate steam guard if you want it gone
>what the fuck is this garbage
>go through the hoops
>it's still there
>google it
>it isn't fully removed for another week
>can't use the marketplace because "You must have a valid Steam purchase that is between 30 days and a year old with no recent chargebacks or payment disputes."
>even if I bought something the restriction would be there for 30 more days
What's the point of all of this bullshit I have to do just to trade?

Question, can War Paints be applied to strange weapons or are they trying to get me to roll their boxes for a living?

>unlock paint
>chose a brand new weapon to apply it to
You can get strange and unusual paints.
Now gib mone

War paint isn't applied to weapons you own.
You choose a weapon from a menu and you get a totally new weapon with that paint.

Make life harder to scammers. That's it.

>extinguish teammates with jetpack
this shit is fucking tedius, and 100% unnecessary, why the fuck do I have to do ALL OF THESE BONUS OBJECTIVES
JUST TO GET THE NEW MELEE WEAPON

dag, yo

What's weird is that they changed the airblast and Reverse Shooter both in ways that make the airblast-and-shoot tactic unusable.

Airblast used to knock player up with a little bit of push, now it pushes them along the ground unless you're right up close and facing slightly upwards.

There's no need for a pyro-specific nerf for a multiclass weapon.

I swear whoever is in charge of TF2 now is just really, REALLY shit at the game and doesn't know how to play against pyro.

>mfw helped out with the extinguishing bonus
fucking based soldiers. anyone know how to do the other ones? i seem to have hit a brick wall

I wish they would have fixed teams not scrambling after round ends. It's become really bad now that it takes an hour to get into a game where you get fucking rolled over and over again.

I feel you. When I use the jetpack, I use it to sneak behind the enemy team or going in strange places, I don't want to stick around my team waiting for someone to be on fire. Hardest objective.

I'm not sure how to tell which one is laid by my team and which is enemies.

Banana Bay has blue flowers that I've mistaken for blue team many times.

>Get first keyless war paint crate
>It's an horrible paint
I am so unlucky

>an horrible

Why do people hate this update? The new weapons could of probably been balanced a bit better but other than that it seems fine.

Holy shit, I'm not the only one?

>could of

The balance changes are mostly stupid/boring.

Also it seems like overall a massive nerf to pyro when they were supposed to be buffing the class.

How are you supposed to set fire to and extinguish people with the Thermal Thruster?

the new flamethrower is really good thou

cor blimey mate it's an orridible paint there

Sup Forums always shits on everything. Their "criticism" isn't worth a dime. I like it too, you are not alone.

Stay near them, start the engine.

Atleast Pyrovision looks nice. New rainbow particles, Dragon shoots rainbow rays and I think Pyro farts rainbows.

It's fine, but the fucking charge time is absolutely absurd to the point where I'd be shocked if it wasn't a glitch.

It's as if Valve desperately tries to kill TF2 but the stubborn community insists on playing it even in it's broken state.
But seriously, the Pyro got nerfed hard in "his" update.

>Try to do the "5 kills in one life" objective
>Every fucking time after 2-3 kills some stray particle crits and I fucking die

DELETE THIS

As if it didn't take long enough to get into a game, now there's an arbitrary extra button you have to press or wait 10 seconds to auto join

>Retards bitching about shit they don't know anything about
Just because you can still die doesn't mean pyro is nerfed. Plus, keep in mind that fucking everyone's a Pyro, so Pyro is going to seem weaker by default.

Jesus, it's just a button. It's just 10 fucking seconds.

>all flamethrower particles aren't showing up
>trying to do the dragon fury mission
>can't see shit, can't aim don't know the range of the weapon
>get 50 points and the game yanks it out of my inventory for some reason
Real fun stuff.

Most people saying the Pyro got nerfed are:
>People that barely played it before
>People that can't read
>People that hate Pyro by default

>pyrofaggots complaining about an update almosy solely based around them
and now every game is filled to the brim with 80-90% pyro players so if you want to play an actual class you die in 2 seconds because you get swarmed
fuck off

dx8?

Nope, playing on dx9

Reminder that you can refill the gas can faster by doing any type of damage as Pyro. Without the small passive regen it would take 600 damage to refill.

I main Pyro and I am happy with the update.
The weapon showed by OP would still benefit some fixes here and there though.

Strange shit.

>only 5 more stars to go for the hothand
>physically unable to complete contracts

Yeah, most stupid contract. It doesn't help item servers shit themselves and some items disappear from the backpack.

Exactly. Same with people bitching about the new flame particles; whether or not they look good is up to opinion, but being able to ACTUALLY see where the fire's going instead of just an aimless fire animation is a colossal improvement. Not to mention that Airblasts are much stronger (even if you don't pop people into the air anymore, which is arguably an improvement as well; not to mention being able to airblast people down).
The only people complaining about the pyro changes are people who barely ever play pyro/hate pyro by default.
And you can blame everyone being a pyro on Valve giving everyone free pyro-only (besides the heavy one) contracts.

A lot of people on casual seem to be hating on this thing. What do you guys think of it? Do you think it's OP?

Don't worry about it too much, the melee weapon is just a joke weapon that does a double slap, it's not actually useful.

It's very strong, but I wouldn't say it's OP. It only seems OP because everyone's a pyro and you need to get close to other pyros to kill them.

You expected a non-Soldier sidegrade to be good? lol

you're going to need to wait a week or get some help. because you're not going to be able to complete the contracts because every pyro shitter and bandwagoner are going to be playing the thing immune to afterburn.

>its not actually useful
a pimp hand which flaunts you baller status is VITAL for any tf2 player

gotta try and try again

>That weapon.
>OP
Kek dont listen to fucking shitters who dont know what they're talking about.

>HURRRRRRR I LIKE WASTING TIME

kill yourself

Get close range and have half decent aim its fucking devastating

>being this triggered by having to press a button
I mean, the matchmaking system is fucking terrible, but your main concern is having to push a button?

>weapons keep despawning in Contracts
>switch between Contracts to get them back and try to avoid the glitch
>Hot Hand's contract requires you to 100% every other contract, making them unselectable
>there is no way to score points for this contract if you don't have Hot Hand equipped

>despawns immediately after starting contract
Is there anything I can do at all to clear or deactivate this contract without spending $6 on microtransactions?

Here's what I do: don't switch contracts because that will lose your progress, complete the primary objective first, you don't need the weapon for it, and turn it in. You can go back to the contract and finish the bonuses later. In my experience, the progress on the bonus objectives save when you turn the contract in.

>you don't need the weapon for it
You do for the Hot Hand, though. The primary objective requires you to get a kill with the weapon to score points.

its no different then the solder rockets honestly except they need to be close to you to hit you with it.
You should probably refrain from accepting opinions of people from casual.

I don't like it either, if you alt-tab out of the game, you can easily miss the message.