More nier when?

More nier when?

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2017/09/square-enix-hiring-staff-nier-related-product-scenario-creation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>wanting quantity over quality

Hopefully never, I don't want Squeenix milking the series.

I heard they were hiring people for something Nier related.

This, but because it's shit.

Probably a phone game

I hope they take their sweet time with the next installment, tie it directly back to Drakengard and then end it there

T H I S C A N N O T C O N T I N U E

PC patch 1.01 when?

They managed to fix most issues in the latest nvidia and amd upates a while back i belive.
I found 1.08 with a quick google search.
But it sure took them a long fucking while pushing a new build out. I will never forget the 10-20 times i played the prologue act because it kept crashing right after the first robots you slayed as 2B.

You did see it through every ending right?

o-ofc! I would never dissapoint 2B and 9S.
I don't feel anything for A2 at all tho.

Why does a2 have bigger tits than 2b when they are the same?

pretty much

2B and A2 are two different models tho.. They are not the same at all really.

>more shallow button mashing oscarbait garbage
for what purpose?

>He hasn't played GotY 2017

I liked the game but you're not wrong.

can we talk about the game with less shitposting this time? what was the moral of the story?

>wanting more shit fapbait

3 years maybe gematsu.com/2017/09/square-enix-hiring-staff-nier-related-product-scenario-creation

Perhaps we now understand that not everything has to have an answer.

>oscarbait
no

Would you accept a direct automata sequel?
Where do you think they could even go?

Please rerelease Nier for modern systems at least.

It would need more than a simple upscaling to be a profitable venture. Would end up being a full remake.

Come for the 2booty
Stay for Taro's Wild Ride

>Nier 3
>It's an exact retread of Drakengard 1

>T H I S C A N N O T C O N T I N U E

Only A-E

>mfw reading the concert scripts

>*Lick-lick*

Reading the stage play makes me realize how much A2 got the shaft. The in-game summary basically tells the same story.

Really should have been a playable 30min - hour long flashback, would have done wonders for her character.

wow that guy looks intimidating

Just let Taro work on it for his time.

Don't want the series to start repeating itself.

Also, Drakengard.

seven years
as is tradition

>Want to play original nier
Which version? Macho man or fuckboi?

Would you prefer to play as a macho man or a fuck boy?

Id prefer the western version to be honest, but I was wondering which one is better for the plot.

they're both the same thing pretty much. it's just a question of whether you want to be a father protecting his daughter, or a brother protecting his sister

Kami ni naru >>> Kono mama ja dame

Any other significant plot changes? Do you have one you prefer?

And what a wild ride that shit was.

It's kinda odd how Eng vs. Jap Zero is always brought up, but no one ever mentions Papa Nier in that regard.
Nier's kind of a bigger change than the tone of her voice.

the plot doesn't change whatsoever between the games, some scenes are a bit weird since you have father nier saying shit like "we're friends now!" like he's a kid but i just like to chalk that up to him being an autistic caveman dad. i prefer father nier because i find the father and daughter dynamic more appealing desu

It's actually kind of interesting that square trying to appeal more to western markets actually made a more interesting main character

it's one of the very few good decisions that squeenix has done in years

>Oscarbait
This has to be one of the most pretentious words I've ever heard.

Especially surprising since it's likely coming from some fat virgin.

This. I wouldn't have an issue with one of the endings leading right back into Drakengard just like how a Drakengard ending led to NIER.

BECOME

AS

Hopefully never, Nier Automata is an incredibly overrated game.
If it wasn’t for the generic sexy Japanese characters and generic anime stereotype personalities, people wouldn’t be so infatuated with it.

No, it actually had a great story. This is coming from someone that avoided it because of all those anime looking cliches. The mixup in gameplay was really fun as well. Get over yourself.

KAMI

cant wait for the next nier game gets announced not developed by platinum and the waifu fags get put on suicide watch

I actually kind of liked how the first nier played

>waifu fags get put on suicide watch
Why would that even be related? Punished Waifus are 100% guaranteed.

The drakengard time loop theory is boring and predictable. I except more of Taro.

The story was a mess and all over the fucking place.

It has no structure, no plot, no development.
For fucks sake, the game makes you replay the entire thing for a second time before unlocking the true continuation.

And don’t try to claim the gameplay was good. It was shallow and boring as shit for a spectacle fighter, but it’s RPG mechanics aren’t extensive enough to make up for it.
Also the bullethell sequences with constantly shifting perspectives & control schemes were jarring and overall terrible.

I spent 30 fucking hours getting endings A through E, and I went into the game completely blind with no expectations. I would have rather spent that time & money resubbing to WoW.

DoD 3 was 3.5 years before Automata release, so i would want something like that.

>everyone criticizing plot
>no mention of streamlined gameplay
I sure had fun holding down all the triggers while mashing evade and light attacks.

Of course. I even bothered getting the Plat, something I normally don't care about whatsoever.

I also erased my save. After backing it up, of course.

>He played normal

If you really wanted to take it further you can equip Auto *Insert function here* Chips + Offensive Heal and the game quite literally plays for you.
Doesn't really solve anything, but I thought that was pretty neat.

>have to slightly adjust the camera now
Wow. Now the only thing left to hold me is 100% invincibility with no start up or cool down.

>Implying Hard doesn’t just make it more tedious

>streamlined

Quit using the industry buzzword version of this word, please.

Streamlining is cutting down on superfluous elements while maintaining or improving on functionality. For example, say that you have a website where you need to pass through three pages of redundant menus in order to reach a particular category of apparel. You take this clunky website, delete the unnecessary transitory pages, and instead put those options into a dropdown menu, allowing the customer to find the hats in ten seconds where it would previously taken them over a minute. That's streamlining.

Next, say that you have an algorithm that searches thousands of names starting with A and working down through the alphabet. You replace this algorithm with one that starts with M and keeps cutting results in half until it finally finds the name, taking dozens of jumps where it would have previously taken thousands. That's streamlining.

If you delete the hats category or make it so that you can't record the DoB in the person's file, that's not streamlining, that's removing functionality.

I will take this to heart, autism-san.

I don't get the point of erasing your save if you're backing it up. Feels like you're missing the whole point to me. Especially since it isn't actually required to unlock anything in Automata, unlike in OG Nier.
I got the Platinum the legit way and then played through ending E again and happily gave up my save.

>want to play the second half of the game after finishing Ending A
>don't want to have to replay the game with 9S to unlock it
Why couldn't they just create a good narrative instead of this replay shit? There's just no justification for it.

I am curious if Taro has any desire to continue Earth's timeline, or if he would dial it back a few thousand years for a prequel.

I'm not gonna defend it, but just rush straight to Route C as 9S and it'll take significantly less time than 2B's Route even if you avoided all side quests as her.
Though personally I did that and I felt the ending was pretty lacklustre due to all of these elements seemingly being introduced all at once, which I assume is either because I skipped sidequests with important info, it's all in the side materials or it's intentionally left ambiguous.
Basically it's not as bad as it seems.

There was a good Drakengard/NieR thread yesterday.
This one is already doomed.

I like how they added new sidequests to mix things up a bit, but yeah, Route B's just something you kind of have to push through.

Hopefully in another 7 years or more

You definitely skipped the sidequest with the E-type android that served as major foreshadowing.

>Would you accept a direct automata sequel?
Sure, but I don't think we'll get more of a direct sequel to Automata than Automata is to the original.

>Where do you think they could even go?
It's pointless to even speculate with Nier, I sure as fuck would never have guessed a sequel to Nier could be a game like Automata, so it could very well be completely different with another huge time skip.

>being competent at basic game mechanics is 'tedious'
Hard is as it should be. Actually, it gets too easy in the last 3rd anyway, even on Hard.

BECOME AS GODS

BECOME AS GODS

Is this what it feels like to be a hipster?
When something you loved and enjoyed suddenly became massively successful and overrated. Drawing in waifufags and normie memes.
I'm glad Taro finally had a breakaway commercial hit but I hope it doesn't come to effect anything else he makes.

Well yeah, I missed most stuff. Only had like 20% completion of side quests by the end of route C/D/E. Doing all the content I missed now with around 50% currently, and I don't think I missed all that much in terms of story. Mostly seems to be unrelated side stories and robot shenanigans, would've been nice for a list of quests that actually directly relate to the story while playing through.

I didn't really get the whole ending, honestly. Something about an Ark that was only mentioned at best 1 minute before it's reveal confused me greatly.
I assume the Network sent the data out into the universe in hopes that it'll help some other sentient race or something?

Does that mean Nier 3's possibly gonna be some other species copying humans this time and subsequently getting Taro'd because of it?

Do you want a trophy?

Difficulty dont change enemy HP

I'm just happy that publishers actually have a reason to let him make another game now.

I wouldn't have been surprised if Drakengard 3 was the last time he was trusted with any amount of money.

>waifufags
>not the early adopters

At any rate, things becoming commercial successes = more commercial products taking cues from those things. Which is good for things that you like, unless you'd prefer an infinite stream of shit that you don't like. I'd be thrilled to see a second coming of the Japanese game golden age.

>Annoying retards!

Who cares? I suppose that there's an argument for keeping a close-knit base, but gaming has long since passed the Rubicon in that regard.

>I assume the Network sent the data out into the universe in hopes that it'll help some other sentient race or something?
They want to colonize another planet. Its and ARK for fucks sake, this concept dont need introduction.

Didn't the hack that made it say he'd remake Nier 1 if Automata sold enough? I think it sold enough.

Speaking of Drakenguard 3, is it actually worth playing? I have only played NieR and Automata, and I want to delve a bit deeper. From what I have seen framerate is what most people complain about, which I honestly don't mind that much.
Or is its gameplay actually as shit as Drakenguard 1 which is suggested you watch instead of play?

I actually liked the first Drakenguard game a lot. Play it for yourself and see what you think.

The framerate got somewhat fixed with post release patches. Gameplay isn't bad it just becomes background noise after a while and you should get the Japanese voices DLC, mandatory.
Also drakengard 1 gameplay is just mediocre not THAT bad as people say

Well yeah, but for what purpose? What's in the Ark? Oh well, you don't really need to waste your time answering me. I'm not hiding the fact that I missed a great deal of the story here, I've still got tons of game and reading material left.
I just didn't want user to give up on the game before he got to the best parts.

Naw, you probably didnt miss much in the side quests. They are mostly there as foreshadowing, but the machine business is mostly untouched till the end.
There is one archive, machine research report, which you unlock by beating the game, that give you a explanation of what the machines were doing.
tl;dr: the machines were programmed to fight endlessly, and in the ending they are in the breaking point, where they can overcome their first directive.
They dicide to leave. Copies of several significant machines minds are put on it, and its fired to space.

Oh, so I didn't actually miss all that much then. I pretty much gathered all that besides why they can suddenly ignore the whole directives and their motives in doing it. Or why either MC would want to go with them.
I just chocked it up to something like I Am Robot, and simply enjoyed the ride.

Overrated is a term underage faggots use when they have no real argument

>overrated
Fucking hardly. If anything it's still underrated, because the people who could actually appreciate the best qualities of Taro productions were already drawn to him years ago, and now they're saying dumb, bitter shit about the best thing he's ever made because the waifufags showed up. For that matter, I don't even know how far you'd have to stretch your imagination to think the normies are on board. I don't know a single one that's played Automata or even knows the game by title. Tom Waits will be a household name and pistachio icecream will be the most popular flavor on earth before Taro leaves niche status.

Automata took probably 2-2.5 years and I think Taro wants to work on the plays for a while. So yeah, I would say around 3 years a pretty safe bet. Possibly a PS5 title?

They asked 9S because they are interested on him. He is the most intelligent yorha model, and is as crazy as the machines.
In some side stories and weapons stories, it is clear that the Red Girls was actually in lov to him.

There is a little too much lore to say in one post, but previous versions of 9S already went full nuclear and it likely impressed the machines.