70$ fucki g dollaroos +tip

Bought this.

What am I in for.

Did I make a mistake ?

Nah. Its really nice to hold. Not sure what some folks problems are with the dpad. I havent had issues though.

40 hr battery life. Good grip. Best of all, a normal fucking controller. You did good.

I have one. it is a good controller but it's definitely overpriced, should be $50

No, you did good

Best controller too bad about the lack of PC support

Needs a headphone jack

It works on PC for me, what are you talking about?

no dinput, only bluetooth

Agreed

Also it needs the right stick on top.

>no atomic purple
>not wiiu pro stick placement
>screenshot and home buttons are in completely different areas than the joycons

Literally almost fucking perfect.

WHY THE FUCK DID YOU HAVE TO FUCK UP THE DPAD NINTENDO??!! GODDAMNIT!!

Get the NS Magic by Mayflash for dinput.

You did good.
It is fucking expensive but at least it's a really good controller. The likes of which I didn't think Nintendo could produce.

Just don't play Odyssey with it. It's really better with the joycons.

Other than the dpad being hot garbage, it is a pretty nice controller.

I would recommend buying a rubber conductive membrane for a Wii U pro controller and replacing the one in the Switch pro controller with it. You'll have to cut a small chunk out of it, but it will make the dpad much less shit.

you fucked up.

joycons in bed is better than a controller.

dpad is complete shit and ruins it

I'm honestly thinking of getting that 8bitdo controller instead.

>Did I make a mistake ?
Nah. It's a bit pricey but it's a terrific controller.
The d-pad is not the best but at the same time it's far, far from as bad as many might want you to believe. It's fully serviceable and it is its weakest flaw. Beyond that the controller is all around splendid.

I can understand being salty about the price tag. But I really have a hard time understanding someone complaining about using it.

>everyone bitching about the D Pad
I haven't used it, but how in THE FUCK did the company who fucking INVENTED the D Pad fuck it up?

RIP Gunpei Yokoi, never would've let that kinda shit happen.

That costs money. What about ingame prompts?

It's way too expensive, but almost perfect. If not for the dpad and its worthless dinput on PC it'd just be hands down my new favorite controller.
And no, before someone tells me about it, I'm not spending more money on top of my 70 dollar controller for a one device dongle. That's beyond retarded.

8bitdo is ass, get either a proper snes controller or clone for sidescrollers or a xbone/dualshock 4/switch pro for analouge

Is it good on PC?

if you're playing a game like zelda then the dpad works fine, it'll open up the wrong item selection menu sometimes but it's not a big deal.

use it for something like puyo puyo and it is the most worthless fucking garbage ass piece of shit

70$ for a controller without analog triggers

Yes, has native Bluetooth support and pops up as a dinput controller

It's fine once you get used to it.

It's no exaggeration the worst controller of the gen

WiiU pro>DS4>Xbone controller>powergap>Switch pro

If you've played Tetris with it, you'd understand the problem with the dpad. You'll get many misread inputs, resulting it hard dropping pieces accidentally. This isn't an issue that only impacts some controllers, it has a flawed design and is a problem with all units.

Ingame prompts?

I have played a lot of Puyopuyo. And while I prefer the joycons when playing that game, I've used the pro controller whenever I've played local multiplayer. Which has been most of it.

And I won't excuse the d-pad. It's a legitimate issue that is pretty bad.
But I find it pretty annoying when people act as if it's unusable. That's far from the case. Just learn not to press your d-pad diagonally and it works. It even still has some leeway to serve as a margin for error in spite of having this issue so it's far as if it's some impossible or even particularly difficult task. Just slightly less comfortable for certain games, like for example Puyopuyo. I'd hold onto my claim of the d-pad still being serviceable. Though I won't deny that it isn't good.

I am just bothered by people claiming it's unusable. In fact let me turn the whole thing around.
The fact that you can in fact still play games like Puyopuyo with it pretty much proves that it isn't terrible. Even if it isn't as good.

But yeah I do hope they fix it. I really have no idea why the d-pad has any issues at all. Very odd considering Nintendo's track record in regards to d-pads.

My mayflash for wii u pro has it built in to have the a button actually match the a button on nintendos controller. You can switch to the classic a on bottom style as well

Ps4/xbone/wii u are last gen, dummy.

I'm thinking of finally getting one for Mario. Fuck that price though.

Ah yes, you can toggle this with the NS Magic. A to B or B to A, X to Y or Y to X

Why buy this and not the HORI one?

Gross.

My hands are too big to play splatoon comfortably.

>switch is ninth gen
>when the same time it came out Sony and Microsoft double down on their 8th gen devices
It's always so fucking funny to see switchtards argue this.

Nintendo isn't the first example of someone having two consoles in one gen.

You can play games like Puyo Puyo in the sense that pressing the dpad will read an input, even if it isn't always the correct one, sure. However, considering how sensitive it is to diagonal inputs, compared to nearly any other controller (and certainly any other first-party Nintendo controller), I would call it far from serviceable.

I do like the controller, in general, but the dpad is a big problem for some games. Of course, for many games it won't matter significantly, but for those that it does, it isn't good. Like you said, you prefer the joycons, I think that is the normal reaction. You'd rather use something else, because the pro controller isn't cutting it.

It is honestly surprising that the problem hasn't been ironed out, considering how simple of a fix it is to replace the rubber membrane.

9th gen is portability

It a great pad. Almost perfect. The diagonal inputs are overly sensitive and let the dpad down a little.

Should I get this or an 8bitdo controller?

Motion for and wireless

it's the only decent controller for the switch. it's the only choice.

>Took the risk and bought a $55 used controller from Gamestop using $90 of games I traded in.
>It works perfect.

Feels good not to waste money.

There haven't been two main consoles in one gen. Unless you consider revisions or 32X/Sega CD as a new console.

Name me one time this has happened.

The Xbox One X and PS4 Pro are literally desperate attempts by both companies to fight against the "NX" because they sunk so much money on their half assed original launch.

its obviously better than the default but the dpad is laughably bad
it cant even do normal fighting game motions

it's alright I prefer it a lot more but it's not going to give you an edge in splatoon or anything.

I disagree. The closeness of the hands using the joycon grip makes gyro aiming feel far too tight in my opinion. The pro pad just feels far more comfy. If you're going to play in TV mode a lot then I absolutely recommended it.

you don't use joined joycon to play splatoon 2
use use them split with which ever one you need to be more ergonomic in the center grip thing.

Pretty awesome. My fav controller for console and PC. No problems on my dpad either.

>lack of PC support
>no dinput, only bluetooth

Lack of XInput is a Microsoft problem, not Nintendo. Also, XInput is a retarded lock-out system.
And what else do you need other than bluetooth?

Wait, what’s wrong with the Dpad?

I think some units are defective because my dpad feels great. Feels like a normal Nintendo dpad.

The Wii U pro controller had an 80 hour battery life though

>traded in games
>got 1/3 what they're worth
>"im totes not wasting money guyse"