Want to start playing witcher 2 and 3

>want to start playing witcher 2 and 3
>have to play 1 first
>the combat and movement controls are so fucking awful

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT, why is this game so awful?

The Witcher games are awful, but people like them because Gerald is a likeable character.

ITT post brainlet opinions, OP already started

>max out Igni
>finish the game in under 20 hours

Fucking casuals

>Gerald

Stick to it. It will grow on you.

As soon as you finish the swamp, the game gets instantly better.

Its one of those RPGs that dont spoonfeed you everything like a big babby. Go back to skyrim

are you joking?
the beginning of the game is nothing but spoonfeeding and terrible voice acting

You don't need to suffer through witcher 1 to understand how bad the series is.
Just move on to being disappointed by 2 and then 3. And then reach the final realization that Sup Forums only prioritizes gameplay in theory, never in execution, as evidenced by the fact that this game wasn't laughed off the god damn board.

>that but for VtMB
The writing seems great but the buttfucking awful actual gameplay hurts it so bad.

I know man, I want to enjoy that early 2000s goth atmosphere, but the gameplay is trash.

The combat is trash, but just bear through it. VtmB is worth playing once.

>the beginning of the game

lol. did you even get past the tutorial? Or are they not spoonfeeding you enough to even do that?

Play the game before you even rate it.

the tutorial is bad bro, get over it

Because it's different and you can't deal with change.

Too hard for ya, eh?
Dont worry, its not your fault. Maybe these kinds of games just aren't for you. You might be more interested in that new mario game with assist mode

Not OP, and I beat all three Witcher games in order, but people who claim that Witcher 1 is the best feel like contrarians.

Witcher 1 combat was "click at the right time to win". You don't get much more casual than that. The alchemy isn't really big and complex, either.
The world isn't really bigger or denser than 2, and there's certainly not as much to do as there is in 3.
Plotwise, it's basically on par with 2. I can understand where people would find 3's story a little weak, though.

Witcher 3 >>> Witcher 2 >>>>>> Witcher 1

You sorta are, but if it actually extended further, it would force you to get a few more combat potions and force you to get a charge attack.
It only really gives you some hand holding in the start.

1 is the best because even with all its flaws it's nowhere near as shit as the sequels.

I can give you hint how to improve this game by infinity and start to enjoy it.
Switch to top-down camera.

are you 14?

Play top down, it's great.

I dropped this game a year ago during the swamp. Shit just go so fucking tedious and boring.

People may love this game but the combat is just mindnumbingly shit.

Sorry... Jerrald

>mfw the gameplay and combat in W1 are actually decent

Why are sub-humans keep posting their opinions here?
Go play Ubisoft games and leave the patrician games to us humans.

Since it seems like Geralt's story is pretty much done, they should remake Witcher 1 with Witcher 3 gameplay and graphics.

Eww no

>not wanting to replay Witcher 1 with proper combat instead of "click at the right time to win"

>proper combat
>"roll at the right time to win"

>Witcher 1 combat
>decent
Pick one and only one

Are we talking about the witcher or dark souls?

The furthest I ever made it in Witcher 1 was when somebody on Sup Forums told me to play it like a rythm game. I'm paraphrasing but it was something to that effect, I started getting a better feel for the combat but I still felt at times that I didn't know what I was doing.

I'm gonna give it another chance one day, but yeah, go about the combat ias a rhythm game basically.

>why is this game so awful?
You were fucking warned.
As to why : It handles like a mid-2000's MMO

is there a bigger pleb filter than witcher 1?

Are you trolling? The gameplay is spoonfed all the way through

Because is a RPG, the main focus is not the combat.

Also is a glorified fucking rythm game, is not that bad and also you can use oils and other shit to become better at it.

Just stick with it until you reach act 3 and then shit hits the fan and the game becomes fucking great but act 1 and 2 are very slow.

>muh remakes

fuck off

Don't play OTS camera, instead play it in the faux-isometric using only your mouse. It's a very comfy game when played like this.

>Gerald

If rather have a side game, still starring Geralt but in less important circumstances
I'd like to see Kovir and other places fleshed out and explored.

The game's combat is stupidly easy if you use potions.

It is the choices the made the game mildly passable. But I still dropped the game during the act with murder investigation. I eventually found a book from a vendor about autopsies that made me realize the game had alternate endings to the quest. I reloaded a previous save and found the true answer. It was really cool. But getting to that point was so long and monotonous, I didn't think it was worth the pay off.

Magicka-like game with sorceresses would be cool.

I preferred OTS by a mile. The environments are drab as hell from top-down view

>shoot at the right time to win
>jump at the right time to win
>brake and turn at the right time to win

Do you know what separates these from "click when the indicator tells you to"? It's the fact that you have to respond to what's going on in the environment.

>Witcher 2
>watch enemy
>roll out of the way
>look for an opening
>get some moves in
>dodge the counter-attack

>Witcher 1
>combat is played out automatically, with the only real player interaction being the rhythm game

These are not the same thing with only single aesthetic difference between the two. One definitely makes more demands from the player than the other.

All of them are great tho....

I just was getting to the close of chapter three, and was hoping a resolution was coming....

Two more fucking chapters and an epilogue. I like the story, but the game is just too clunky to enjoy at times.

I wasn't dissapointen in any way by those games, they are one of my favorite games.

it's easily one of the comfiest games ever made, don't worry about the combat and just enjoy the atmosphere

I love it. It's slightly dated yes, but it's very comfy. Only thing I hate is how it only autosaves when switching level, so you start to lose the habit in the city zones but then get fucked out of 45 minutes of playtime when out in the open where it doesnt autosave.

everyone overlooks the dodging in witcher 1, it makes the combat more fun once you can piano it

im just glad the combat is smooth and fluid. it could be a lot worse

>controls are so fucking awful
git gud

found the baby playing it on easy

>comfy

If you can somehow power through the first three episodes, it's a good game

Also, stick with your only bro on this game

Play it over the top camera like an old neverwinter nights game. Once i got over the silly rythm mechanic i enjoyed the game.
Or watch the videos that resume the pre witcher 3 story and play the third game straight up.

1 is the best game and a casual filter. glad it is too.

Witcher 1 is such a fucking pleb filter.

Most people who finished it started out kind of disgusted by the combat, but then got used to it and learned what different things you could actually do as you branched out with your talents, spells, potions and bombs. I think my favourite thing about the actual gameplay in W1 was how you had to actually prepare for fights.
It goes without saying you should be playing on Hard, at least.

Just Igni and only igni everything, even the final boss(es).

It's the best one, kiddo.

why glad?