RDR will never be ported to PC or Switch

>RDR will never be ported to PC or Switch

WHY?

the engines a mess apparently

Apparently the game engine is held together with bubble gum and dental floss so any attempt to port it would be more work than it's worth.

But who knows, maybe they'll remake it in the RDR2 engine.

Programmed like shit due in part to long development time

the game barely ran as-is

Not like RDR2 will be on Switch either.

But apparently you can play it on Xbone?

Only because of backwards compatibility, though they did a little extra work so it maintains 30fps in places it used to dip.

Best hope for PC is the PS3 emulator.

so? doesnt mean shit moron

>Gta 4.5 engine
>Gta v is on almost as many systems as skyrim at this point

Yeah that's bullshit

You can already stream it from ps now if you're that desperate

Either way the fact that they haven't ported it to ps4/xbone either shows they can't or not interested though xbone has bc compat so no need

I like the Pancho/Headband combo or the Bandit outfit better

Such a shame too. I love playing it, but it's hard to deal with the resolution and the constant frame drops

fuck off moron were talking about the programming and shit

why are switchfags so absolutely fucking desperate

trump cut the funding when they tweeted about how hes a racist bigot

Pancho is so aesthetic.

Sometimes I wrap my colorful rug around myself when I play RDR.

test

do you seriously take a rug off the floor and rap it around yourself

holy shit autism

Gonna be fun being able to play the definitive editions of both RDR and RDR2 on one console.

It's emulation

no gaems

Emulation that looks and runs better than the real thing.

Best version of RDR1 and 2 are games

It seems very close to being able to run it, too. I bet it'll be fully playable by this time next year, if you have a decent PC. They include improvements to it in every one of their monthly update posts.

I guess you have a point there, frogman. Hopefully you guys get the exclusive Playstation content at some point too.

Can someone explain, to an idiot, what this actually means? What makes the engine/programming a "mess", compared to other games?

I don't believe this story. They need to spend a few months reworking the game and programmers work like that is inexpensive. Rockstar has plenty of subsidiaries that could do the job.

RDR was built specifically for consoles like the kingdom heart series. Porting it to PC is gonna take a million dollars worth of programming at least. Since RDR didnt sell as much as GTA4 and 5 no need to risk money catering to pirates.

Absolute bullshit. Also it will sell several millions on Steam in month.

that's a bit bizarre since san diego also houses the team responsible for the engine that gta, rdr and max payne all run on and only rdr never got a pc release, god knows what shit they did to get it running on 360/ps3

On sales where each copy is $5 maybe. You've bought Gun yet? Same shit.

Shitty code.

I can't wait for emulation.

Playing GTAV at 120fps solid then going to RDR on fucking PS3 hurts.

>I don't believe this story.

How comes fucking LA Noire is getting a port on the current gen systems but not RDR even though the sequel is being released next year?

lets put it like this, remember that idiot friend you had at high school that now works at mcdonalds and lives with his mom?
And now compare him to chad or nerdy guy who went to a good college and made an amazing career, learning 3 languages and traveling around the world working for many top 500 companies

Now Imagine telling noth of them that they to move to france to start working at a PR job for a company that makes coffee machines

Wich one will have a better time doing that job?
The retard working at mcdonalds its the RDR engine. Barely functional and not prepared to move from his comfort zone without killing himself

>implying they're not going to release it on PC at the same time as RDR2 to boost the RDR2 sales

What are some good western themed games to play? I have Call of Juarez: Gunslinger but I don't really feel like playing that. I want something fresh.

Implying they aren't going to wait 2 years to port it as to generate revenue in the long-run.

it's comfy and immersive and basically you're a faggot

Possibly they just want being an asshole, like Gaben

As someone with only a Switch, Xbox 360, and low-mid tier laptop, I'm buying a Xbox One X just to play RDR 2 and a better optimized version of the original, especially since I'm expecting my near-decade old 360 to die any day now.

Oh yeah, the game is a fucking PowerPoint slideshow when galloping through towns.

Because RDR-2 will come out with no PC release mentioned at first until 6-12 months later in order to try and get idorts to double dip and will probably then announce the PC version of RDR-2 along with the remaster of the first game for PC and current gen (with shark card style micro transactions forced in).

They will then be praised as saviours of the industry despite their terrible business practices.

>(fast) food (worker) analogy

>the engines a mess apparently

Ex Rockstar Dev here, I can assure you that L.A. Noire was 10x the mess that RDR was.

When we got handed the absolute monstrous pile of shit that Team Bondi called L.A. Noire it wouldn't even run on PS3/360 dev kits, so much of the game had to be re-written from scratch.

As for why Red Dead hasn't been ported, it's more to do with the fact that the core programming team left after it's release and no one really has the motivation to go and dig around in the remains of someone else's baby.

Most emulation does

I thought Win10 was supposed to ship with an X360 Emulator. That was the big fucking hype at the time that they were trying to get people to upgrade. Guessing "Games for Windows Live" is their answer to that.

I suppose I could still play on PC, if I want to give Sony®™ my Scheckles to play it on Playstation®™ Live®™

Considering Rockstar is partnered with Sony for RDR2 are we even sure the game will use all the Scorpio's power? Dont be shocked if theyre both checkerboarded 4K.

Nobody's gonna buy a 7 year old cowboy game, dumbshit. We made RDR because Dan has a raging hardon on western Lone ranger crap. All of Red dead are his personal projects. Made to be published once, see it bomb and never look back.

>We
Nice meme

Well they are the only company that makes AAA titles that gives a shit about the quality of their games.

Hey, the Xbox One X is actually quite excellent for anyone who had a 360 doesn't want to abandon their games, friends, or gamer score.

The only thing putting me off from it is the lack any promising titles from Microsoft, other than Cuphead and Ori.

Cause you're a faggot, and the definitive edition of RDR is on the Xbone.

The Hausers are british. Dunno why but brits are hardline autists when it comes to western cowboy shit. I bet 60% of all RDR sales came from UK.

>hurr why is x not on switch
Nintendies are delusional, no one gives a shit about your Zelda machine

That's all over the world. Americans love knights and pirates because it's not really our thing (lack of English accents and different part of the world).

And the Japanese love cowboys because it's not really their thing. Instead of going to Japan dressed like a fucking ninja, try going as a cowboy.

>switch

>Nobody's gonna buy a 7 year old cowboy game
you do realize there is a massive hunger for old west games, right?
the only reason they're not more popular is because, aside from Rockstar, every other developer that tried came out with a literal turd.