What would be the best option among these in a turn based RPG? What has the best odds of winning?

What would be the best option among these in a turn based RPG? What has the best odds of winning?

Rules
>Choose one weapon and one element
>Foe attacks first
>Atk and Def are calculated before Crit
>Crit is only calculated after an Atk hits
>First one to 0 Hp loses

>spear
>wind

For my own aesthetic the sword and wind is best.

For the best combo it's bow and wind.

Updated to fix dagger

FOE?

Axe-Fire has the best chance of winning.

Yes

earth beats everything, even assuming the enemy's damage can't go below 5, after 3 hits you're only down to 55 and he has to hit you another 11 times to kill you

you can take any weapon and it outperforms every other combo

>20 atk -5 = 15 atk
It would take FOE 7 hits to kill you

I don't think the -5 is permanent.

Wind is just better than water

Spear with either Earth or Fire, probably. Light and Dark are strictly outclassed by the aforementioned elements, and Water's 5% crit is essentially fucking nothing, only other element worth considering is Wind for that 10% chance of doubling.
Spear has the best overall stat spread, with 10 Attack, 15% Defense and 20% crit, and since Defense is % based and we're working with exceptionally low numbers here, Earth's flat 5 damage reduction per attack is probably the best choice to go along with it. Only other weapon I'd really consider is the Hammer.

>up to 30% chance to crit
>or 10% chance to double attack
debatable depending on what crit does

Assuming crit is 2x, it's the same as an extra attack. So already wind is twice as better, and maybe each attack has a chance to crit.

But wind is only 10% and crit can go up to 30% if you use dagger/water.

I get the feeling that Wind on something like the Axe has better mileage than Water on the Dagger.

I might be stupid but no matter what combo of weapon/element I choose, it seems like the only way to win is to hope you get crits while the opponent doesn't, or take one of the 10% chance elements and hope it kicks in at least twice.

Outside of critical damage, the defenses of all the weapons except for the bow provide the same amount of turns for you, which is 5. 5%, 10%, 15%, with his damage you still wind up dying after taking your 6th attack. Therefore, unless you take Earth/Dark or possibly if you get hit with a critical, differing defense values are worthless. Any combination of Fire and a weapon doesn't amount to enough damage without at least one critical. Even with Fire Axe, you'll still only do about 90 damage across your 5 turns. In the end it seems like your only hope is to hope you get criticals and he doesn't.

>Even with Fire Axe, you'll still only do about 90 damage across your 5 turns
But 25 damage 5 times is 125 damage and assuming that FOE stops 1 of your attacks (25% def), that's still 100 damage

I was under the impression 25% def meant every attack did 25% less damage, not that there was a 25% chance to nullifiy attacks. If that is the case then this changes everything.

OP here, I forgot to clarify some things

Crit = 2x damage
Def = chance to negate damage
Earth element reduces the damage you take by 5

How long does Light last?
Is it that one attack
Does it stack with itself?

It's just that one attack. Every effect occurs on a single attack, no effect is cumulative

DEF being a chance to negate damage does change a lot, as it makes it more possible, but it also makes it too annoying for me to work out because that's 4 separate chances each turn that you're hopping to be in your favor and not in the enemy's. Fire Axe seems like it is the simpliest one to win with but you lose if your opponent gets a crit/def and you don't.

>Def = chance to negate damage
Well that completely changes everything. Earth Bow is probably best now.

Earth Spear would have the highest rate of survival I think.

>enemy is objectively better than you no matter your choices
>he attacks first
This is pure RNG, fuck you.