Would a power fist from Fallout be a functional weapon...

Would a power fist from Fallout be a functional weapon? I’m leaning towards no because the backwards force from the pneumatic pistons would put serious strain on the user and really fuck with the trajectory of the punch.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2ojJt-TBi7Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no, just augmented strength from the power armor should be enough
never understood the need of the power fist in pre war combat anyway

unless you had an entire power suit to soak up the impact.

No.
You would fucking dislocate/shatter/break your arm as soon as it went off.

Ballistic fist > power fist

If these things are designed to be integrated into suits of power armor, why they always found separately and never on an actual suit?

I thought the displacer glove was neat.

Perhabs. youtu.be/2ojJt-TBi7Y

This guy gets it

i don't think they are, nothing on any of the power fist pages implies they're made for power armor
though none of the power armor in 1/2/3/NV have any sort of hand protection outside of the underarmor gloves

I wish that you would have to reload the shotgun shell or energy cell after each punch, punching multiple times with the ballistic fist just feels silly

Depends, it COULD be functional, and it COULD be a weapon. But do you want it to do major or minor damage?

Because, if you put on a piston with a metal plate, and attach a trigger on your fist to make it go off, it could be feasible but at most would probably break a nose because its a god damn metal plate punching you.

IF you want it to do more damage, it'd probably shatter your god damn arm unless you could handle the recoil somehow.

the industrial hand won't have to deal with that but will probably go dull in seconds unless it's made of magic saturnite

Assuming you had a shoulder and elbow to take the force, when would one of these be better than just using a mallet or sledge hammer?

I could have sworn that I read somewhere that use in power armor was their intention, and even if I didn’t you can infer that its their purpose.

they'd be more balanced, though i always found the ballistic fist funny since if you ask caesar's guards why they don't use guns, it's because guns jam and need to be reloaded, but they're literally using firearms
i imagine that's what you can infer since it only makes sense but i couldn't find anything about it on their pages

That raises the question why ballistic fists and displacer gloves aren’t assigned to guns and energy weapons respectively - the damage done isn’t from the blunt force of the punch like the power fist

>power fist from Fallout
I hope Bethesda have paid Games Workshop the appropriate license fee for using a 40k weapon in their game

No.
If you were lucky it'd break your wrist, more likely it'd dislocate your entire fucking arm.

Fallout 1 and 2 exist retard

I'd rather have a dislocated arm than a broken wrist

are you implying fallout 1 and 2 came out before 40k? How old are you?

It is similar in theory to a pile bunker, so I don't see why not.

Fallout 1 and 2 weren’t made by Bethesda, retard

Your arm would be taking the full force of anything you punched, so if you punch a brick wall it would just push your arm backwards before it broke through the wall. Would probably hurt like a bitch too

barring all that, you're the retard that thinks calling something a "power fist" is in any way a fucking infringement.

LISTEN UP YOU MONGS

A power first would literally be useless. It can do NOTHING but be an extra weight at the end of your arm.
The piston can only act against it's baseplate. It has nothing to push against but itself since you're throwing a punch. The backward force of the piston firing would push your arm back as hard as the piston went forward.

The only way to use a powerfirst usefully would be to lock your arm and shoulder and take the pushback against your body. Like firing a wrist mounted gun.

How about a recoilless power fist?

So... Rocket powered knuckles?

you could say that about most unarmed weapons, outside of the boxing tape, boxing gloves, brass knuckles and spiked knuckles they fall into either guns, energy weapons, or melee weapons

HERE I COME

It's worth noting that FO1/2 power fist doesn't look like it has a mechanical piston component. It's some kind of a glove/gauntlet which for all we know might just discharge the energy it consumes in some way when you strike a target.

I always thought that the Displacer Glove was Obsidian's way of telling Bethesda that "POWER FISTS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY".

Why is Boston full of WW1 era weapons?

>Afraid of the power fist

Just use the Stake Driver, user.

Yet in NV there are Power Fists doing the exact same thing as in 3.

>Mfw Josh Sawyer lowkey expressing he thinks bethesda is shit