VN Thread

Lets get a VN thread in here
>what are you playing/reading
>what route are you taking
>how /comfy/ are you
>Why is Rin best fate girl

Other urls found in this thread:

blackscreenrecords.limitedrun.com/products/597476-garoad-va-11-hall-a-official-soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=hdh-3VH9K90
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What other VNs lets me romance a goddess and have her rescind her immortality by the end to grow old with me?

satsukoi
its about merimaids and shit, but they seem to be just monsters really

Looking for some new eroge. Preferably something corruption-related. NTR is okay too I guess.

Your waifu might just be behind this spoiler!

I Just started VA-11 Halla and let me say the OST is probably the best OST I've heard all year. I've only played the prologues and bit of the first chapter but I like this game a lot and I kinda feel bad about not buying this game when it first came out so I could play along with other anons. I wonder how good the VA-11 Halla threads were.
Anna fucked me up though what's the deal with her.

>tfw no cute cultist waifu dedicated to serving you
kimika

>NTR
for shame user I thought you were better this.

It's not really my thing, but usually there's elements of corruption in it. Moral degeneration.

Is Saya no Uta any good?
I've been looking into it and I'm pretty interested in it but I wanna hear what Sup Forums thinks since I'm still pretty new to VNs.

Narcissu. Don't know why I haven't played it sooner, but better late than never.
I have no idea
>how /comfy/ are you
extremely

Does house in fata morgana ever pick up pace? At the third door and I'm bored of slowly being introduced to new characters and reading for 2 hours before the story goes anywhere.

>Is it gud?
Eh, i read it a long time ago.
It's ok.

Shit really hits the fan at the end of chapter 4. Plus, after that there won't be any new characters.

It was my first vn, and I was REALLY into lovecraftian mythos at that time so I really enjoyed it. If you're not a moralfag it should be fun.

it's alright, worth a play

Worst way to start a thread. With that absolute garbage that is Vallhalla.

>relying on Sup Forums to give good opinions
Saya no Uta is good though its pretty short to if I recall. You should probably play it now being that its the S P O O K I E S T month and all. also the music might give some chills and not in a good way.

Man I wish they just threw the story out the window and just released 50 hours of more episodic school life antics.

Alright, I think you've all sold me on giving it a shot. Thanks

This bait right? explain yourself

I really like it. Only 3 hours if i'm not mistaken so it's a easy read.

It desperately tries to be creepy, dark and edgy, to the point where it becomes kinda funny. If you are OP from that other thread and want to get on a wild ride, out of the list you've posted, you should rather try Kara no Shoujo. You might also enjoy Ever 17 if we are around good entry VNs with convoluted plot.

Steins;Gate 0. Only recently got into VN's, but it's been mostly a positive experience so far.

Well, all of them. I kind of don't have a choice of which I get, without a guide anyway.
Apparently it's not related to texts anymore, so I'm just hoping that answering Amadeus puts me on that route.

>how /comfy/ are you
I need a new chair, but alright otherwise.

For my next VN, which would you recommend? Rose Gun Days, Umineko or Higurashi? I'm fairly certain they're translated anyway.
It's either them or MYTH in honor of the spooky month.

Higurashi is the best of everything on that list, but Umineko's worth a read, too.

Translated?

Even if I've already been spoiled about the general plot by the (apparently, I've got no other point of reference myself) bad Higurashi anime? Or is there more to it than all the shenanigans with the cute horned gal.

I mean really? The literal pages and pages of criticism the game got are not enough for you?
Ok, I'll give you a quick rundown.

The music is not as good as people say, the composition is okay at best but the presentation is boring, almost all songs are similar and most of them are not even good outside of menus.

There's no "game" bartending is shit and there's literally no reason to remember any recipe. The game cannot be lost, it's a shitty game.

The writing is god awful, and none of the characters are original or interesting.

Promotes /u/ shit and not even good lesbians.

Jill is literally the only good character and it ends at her design because she's literally the writer's self insert.

The story is boring which is a damn shame for a VN.

The art is generic as well.

Overall, Vallhalla is a boring, shitty game and a VN with bad and boring writing that has nothing going for it outside a pseudo retro-cyberpunk aesthetic that tries to look like old VN (like YU-NO) but looks like generic anime from 2008 Kyoani. Damn shame.
And even Freeware, 4 hour long Doki-Doki Literature Club is better and has a better soundtrack with a better leitmotif which speaks tons of just how bad Vallhalla is.

The anime and the VN are close enough that if you didn't like the anime, you probably won't like the VN

@394220418
wow those are some shitty reasons user. Try harder next time 2/10.

That would help

Is this /vng/ pasta?

Never thought I'd end up liking an imouto route, but here I am with Saku Saku

For any Va11hall-a fags, the vinyls are back in stock again if you missed out last time
blackscreenrecords.limitedrun.com/products/597476-garoad-va-11-hall-a-official-soundtrack

Replaying Hollow/Ataraxia now that the voice patch is finally fucking out and last time I pretty much just ran through the main story. It's pretty comfy though there should be more cooking scenes

R i n isn't even the best girl in her own game tho

>The game cannot be lost
There's a game over for failing to pay your bills, and you can easily get fucked out of content and endings by serving patrons the wrong drinks

Mods rangeban England because they can't handle the banter after Neofag closes

>the game cannot be lost
wow you mean like literally every other vn?
Rest of your shitty points are all subjective that anyone could easily claim otherwise.

Go cry about it on reddit

The only VN I've ever played to completion not counting nukige was Hinatabokko because it had a reverse trap route. Are there any other VNs with one?

Make sense I guess. I don't agree with you especially on the music part and the comparison to doki-doki doki doki is not that good but It you made your point I guess. different strokes for different folks and all.
>@
What the fuck user. How new are you?

He doesn't want to give him (you)s. How new are YOU?

That's pretty epic dude, I like how you don't even bother to refute any of my points and don't even reply to me.
Epic to the max.
Okay kid, some people have played more than 3 novels and have a higher standard. I'm not saying you shouldn't enjoy Vallhalla but using it as a OP for a VN thread is kind of an insult desu.

Whatever fags, I know I'm just going to get baited to hell and back for writing something longer than 2 lines.
>There's a game over for failing to pay your bills, and you can easily get fucked out of content and endings by serving patrons the wrong drinks
Yeah right but that means you are actually trying to lose, following the brain dead instructions and recipes guarantees you will clear the story. It's just a matter of getting your patrons drunk or not.
What? No they are not subjective, I'm literally criticizing the huge flaws of the game, not the things I disliked about it other than the /u/ stuff and even then, the lesbians in Vallhalla were awful.

I liked the anime, but it'd likely be less of a creepy tone overall and ruin the reveal moments if I've already got the general gist of the plot.
That was my main concern. I recall reading that it only covers one route though, so it could be alright to read through still. Especially if it's got voiced characters.

At least with Umineko I'd only know that Magic isn't real when going in, well if it weren't the equally numerous posts about the opposite.
Rose Gun Days I just considered because that OST is great.

>>the game cannot be lost
>wow you mean like literally every other vn?
Holy shit dude, don't bother replying to people if you don't know what you are talking about.

It's not exactly wrong, even if it doesn't exactly expand on its points.

Most characters in Valhalla are one note affairs with no depth and even less development, and their singular character trait is played for humor until it gets old, and then some more. The plot is non-existent, and that would be fine if there was some character development or world building, even taking advantage of the atmosphere to build up a "healing" feel much like the things it's partly based of, like Bartender, but it literally does fuckall in the hours you waste reading it.

It's a shallow experience principally carried by its admittedly well executed presentation alone, but visuals and art style alone can't carry a VN.

Other then vns by the Japanese, who makes the best vns?

>reverse trap.
Quick user you gotta tell me if this VN is any good or not it's Important for my future.

Cyka blats tripping balls. They don't rely on their weeb sensibilities and take advantage of the genre in fun, if shitty ways.

I didn't want to expand my points because most of what I said has been explained and proven during the release threads. The thing that got me a bit frustrated is the fact that the OP used Jill as the OP instead of the usual YU-NO webm or GIF.

Are you the same kind of guy that gets mad at DDLC being popular?

Clannad and holy fuck is it's making me sad.

I've been playing for 25 hours and every route I've played has made me cry. It's emotionally draining me. I'm a pussy.

t. brainlet
If you manage to reach bad ends while not purposefully trying to get 100% cgs try a mouthful of cyanide

What? No, I said the DDLC OST is better than Vallhalla's in the previous post.
Key makes grown men feel like housewives who just lost a son.
Clannaids is long as hell though so enjoy locked routes and 300+ hours of reading.

You had an autistic fit because I used a pic from a game you didn't like instead of a pic from a game you do like?

I thought you had to be 18 to use this site.

FUKKEN
EPIC

What's this VN?

just finished doki doki literature club
I knew I was in for some messed up stuff but that still fucked me up a bit

That's fine. I'm half way through the main story routes and I'm enjoying them enough that it doesn't feel like a chore.

Tomoyo a best. Sanohara a shit.

I'm reading little busters and holy shit is this the most boring shit with the most bland characters. I'm about 3 hours in when does it get better?

>Autistic fit.
>>Worst way to start a thread. With that absolute garbage that is Vallhalla.

Wow, a whole 13 words sentence. Too many words for someone who unironically enjoys vallhalla I guess.
Oh, I'm not saying they are a chore, I'm just saying the game is very long.
Just wait until you read Little Busters, now that game feels like a chore but it has BEST KEY GIRL so it's K.

Does the second one have an english translation yet?

>I'm reading little busters and holy shit is this the most boring shit with the most bland characters. I'm about 3 hours in when does it get better?

Around the 500 hour mark. LOL!

Refrain was interesting. It gave me the classic choke-up at the end that Key likes to give everyone, but that doesn't mean it was especially spectacular. I would honestly just skip it if I were you. Maybe wait for other user's opinions.

All 3 have been translated for over a year now user.

I remember thinking it was okay. Definitely has that "early 2000s" feel to it.

hey I recognize that wallpaper

And they run 1080p @ 60FPS too.

Oh shit neat. I've been kinda cut off for a year and some change so thats good to hear

Only the All ages versions. Rakuen unrated isn't out yet.

translations of mom h scene never ever

Yeah, playing VN at 60FPS is a whole new experience and I'm glad Grisaia allowed me to experience such pleasure.

The OST is great. I still have roaring tides and town, flow, people on my playlist a decade later.

Really wish they followed up with a Kyou after story like they did for Tomoyo.

I've suggested it to people but they never read it, will one of you lads read Rewrite?
I'll read a suggestion sent my way.

>Reading Rakuen without the ero-scenes
>the ONLY game with Kazuki in it
Nigga tf you doin

It honestly doesn't get even remotely good until the True Route, which is like the last 1/4 of the VN? And even then it depends entirely on whether or not you give a fuck about the characters.

I found literally everyone except Masato and Kengo to be retarded and unbearable so I felt absolutely nothing once the twist came up.

Nagisas theme made me put up my emotional walls every time I heard it.

The song alone made my heart beat faster.

Is Kana good? I've seen it here a few times before and some anons treat it like it's the holy grail.

Reminder that it takes you less time to stop being an EOP and learn Japanese than it takes for some dumb company to officially release a fantranslation.

If you had begun studying jap by the time JAST announced Sumaga you would already be reading and writing flawlessly with years of experience behind you, even leading your own translation projects far better than most that come out nowadays if you so desired.

>Read G-Senjou no Maou
>Around 50% done with the game
>Friend just spoils you the twist out of nowhere
What the fuck.

Nigga you literally said the only reason you were mad was because I posted a VA-11 Halla image instead of YU-NO webm
>The thing that got me a bit frustrated is the fact that the OP used Jill as the OP instead of the usual YU-NO webm or GIF.
You had in auts fit over an image you fucking sperg. Its ok to not like the game I don't have a problem with that. But don't say the thread started bad because you don't I didn't use an image every else uses.

Try Sekien no Ignanock.

I'm reading Wonderful Everyday but i'm not really feeling it so far. I like the atmosphere and all the philosophical shit but the slice of life bits are kinda boring. It's not like i can't appreciate Kagami being jealous but some jokes drags A LOT.

Then again, some user told me things get better later, so i'm being patient.

I don't really play VN after I got over my anime phase. But recently there are weird one that I just have to check it out. Like Va11halla and just monika.

Since I don't play these a lot, can anyone tell me if breaking 4th wall is normal in VN now? Are people still inpressed by it? I recalled there's that one game about yandere that the girl talked directly to you, and it caused quite a meme. But I'm no expert on VN.

This is specially true with websites like duolingo.
It's very easy to learn a second or third language nowadays but it takes time and dedication.

I've already read it. I genuinely loved it except there were a couple really obvious issues with terra. The individual routes were pretty much all really fun in each way lucia best girl but she also had the stupidest fucking kotorou god damn

I only know of it because of Rewrite Instrumental, which is pretty fucking ace. I've learnt not to read/play stuff based solely on stuff like that though.
youtube.com/watch?v=hdh-3VH9K90

>only okay
well maybe I'll still try it out if I have the time.
thanks for the post user

It's not that normal, and at least Japan tends to treat it as more than just a dumb gimmick.
Yes, idiots are still impressed by it, it's the whole reason DDLC is as popular as it is.

Yeah well, you made me feel bad and sad. Like when some guy starts a DOOM thread with a webm of brutal doom.
Don't do it again, please.

I personally didn't think too much of it since I finished V3 and DDLC consecutively.

>I'm reading Wonderful Everyday
Nigga came out fresh from a DDLC thread I see.

The twist was kind of shitty since it really doesn't work in any of the other routes.

The true ending epilogue still emotionally destroyed me.

It sounds like you're still reading DTRH1. The "real" game starts with DTRH2 and I would suggest rereading DTRH1 after finishing it because a lot of things will make more sense.

It works if you agree with the author's explanation about schrodinger's cat.

You're welcome. Also, there's always Persona 4.

It's pretty normal nowadays on spooky VN but the degree and spookiness of the 4th wall break depends on the programmer and writer though.

>Don't do it again, please
Fine I'll post type moon shit next time user.

For whatever its worth, I recommend it. My own major gripe with recommending it is how long the common route feels. It is a nice common route though - just takes a while to get to a route.

What were some of the issues that you spotted with Terra? I always enjoy reading about what people thought about Terra because it varies so widely.

The awesome part about the twist was more about the buildup to it and I particularly liked the fact that it doesn't work in other routes, it keeps you guessing. Kind of.

I struggled greatly to hold back tears. My pride as a man was on the line. Anything that can bring me as close to tears as that ending is 10/10 in my book.

Type Moon is entry level but it's fine. Thanks user.